Ride today in Hillsboro - got 2 slots open

Hammer 663s
Edited Date/Time 4/28/2020 11:23am
First 2 guys to PM me. Private track fresh prep. 12-4.

Hammer

Don't stand, don't stand so, don't stand so close to me.
|
pummel
Fantasy
432nd
4/26/2020 8:37am
Wish I was home..
4/26/2020 11:05am
Any good pit bike tracks out in that direction? That’s about all the riding I get to do anymore.
crf250pilot
4/26/2020 1:43pm
Hammer, how you doing man? Wish id seen this before i headed to work this morning i wouldve stopped by for some laps. The tracks looking good. I go by it everyday. We've got a small track on our place now, but need some heavy equipment to clear more land before we can make a real track. Let me know next time you have an opening

The Shop

mxer613
4/26/2020 7:48pm
Looks so sweet man !
Hammer 663s
4/26/2020 7:55pm
It was a little dry today but still a hell of a lot of fun.

Hammer 663s
4/26/2020 9:12pm
Hammer, how you doing man? Wish id seen this before i headed to work this morning i wouldve stopped by for some laps. The tracks looking...
Hammer, how you doing man? Wish id seen this before i headed to work this morning i wouldve stopped by for some laps. The tracks looking good. I go by it everyday. We've got a small track on our place now, but need some heavy equipment to clear more land before we can make a real track. Let me know next time you have an opening
Hey bud....doing well. Putting a ton of hours on the bike since there's nothing else to do. I think the boy has put like 30 on in the last 6 weeks. He's gotten damn fast too.

Track is pretty good now - we brought in a dozer and reworked it all, plus tilled in 20 yards of sawdust. With the light rain lately it's been sweet dirt.

I know an operator that can get you a deal on dozer time, and run it for you. Figure on $1500 for a full weekend, 20 hours of time on the meter. That covers dozer, delivery/pickup, his time, and fuel.

We'll ride again Tuesday, and then Thursday or Friday depending on rain.

Hammer
4/26/2020 9:46pm
First 2 guys to PM me. Private track fresh prep. 12-4.

Hammer

Don't stand, don't stand so, don't stand so close to me.
Shit. Wish I would have seen this!!
crf250pilot
4/27/2020 6:08am
Hammer, how you doing man? Wish id seen this before i headed to work this morning i wouldve stopped by for some laps. The tracks looking...
Hey bud....doing well. Putting a ton of hours on the bike since there's nothing else to do. I think the boy has put like 30 on...
Hey bud....doing well. Putting a ton of hours on the bike since there's nothing else to do. I think the boy has put like 30 on in the last 6 weeks. He's gotten damn fast too.

Track is pretty good now - we brought in a dozer and reworked it all, plus tilled in 20 yards of sawdust. With the light rain lately it's been sweet dirt.

I know an operator that can get you a deal on dozer time, and run it for you. Figure on $1500 for a full weekend, 20 hours of time on the meter. That covers dozer, delivery/pickup, his time, and fuel.

We'll ride again Tuesday, and then Thursday or Friday depending on rain.

Hammer
Would love to ride Thur or Fri. Im interested in your dozer hook up also. I will check in with you on wed and see what’s up.
4/27/2020 9:09am
The new track layout is killer. I think I sent you a DM on here but not sure if it actually sent.

I live over by the golf course. Let me know if you never need a tractor and tiller to freshen up the dirt. Can be over there in 10 minutes.
Hammer 663s
4/27/2020 11:17am
The new track layout is killer. I think I sent you a DM on here but not sure if it actually sent. I live over by...
The new track layout is killer. I think I sent you a DM on here but not sure if it actually sent.

I live over by the golf course. Let me know if you never need a tractor and tiller to freshen up the dirt. Can be over there in 10 minutes.
The new layout is a lot of fun. Technical but safe, and nowhere to rest. We added 3 big (60 foot +) tables, and a couple of straights too so you can just pin it on occasion.

With the rain today. I'll ride tomorrow evening and probably Friday eve too. I'm still sore from yesterday which is a bummer cause today will be good.

You should stop by this week and check it out. I'm not the owner but since I do 90% of the prep I have some sway on who can ride it.

It could use a freshen up soon - main line is a little packed but not bad. Weather would be good for that Thursday or on the weekend it looks like. We have a Jake Rake that rips it really easy, then a quick till and it's good again. I can rip and till it in 3-4 hours. I could probably get another 10 yards of sawdust to work in too. That's the secret sauce but it adds time to prep to bucket it all around.
honda65
4/28/2020 8:14am
So how does one get on these lists? I can ride just about anytime this week.
Hammer 663s
4/28/2020 10:23am Edited Date/Time 4/28/2020 11:23am
honda65 wrote:
So how does one get on these lists? I can ride just about anytime this week.
In general it's a barter system. As I said, I'm not the owner. But, I've had my own private tracks and know how to build/maintain them. I contribute a decent amount of $$$ every year in buying sawdust, tractor/dozer rentals, and donate LOTS of time in arranging for that plus doing the prep. I helped build the watering system. I'm respectful of the property and the owner and his family. I let friends join me on occasion, asking first, and I don't abuse that luxury.

The problem with this track is it is very high visibility to 1000s of people heading to Browns Camp and the coast, and 100s have stopped wanting to ride. You can imagine the insurance risk if the owner allowed that. So he limits who can ride it.

We've actually discussed renting the 20 acres next to his and building a commercial track. The location is perfect, the dirt is awesome, we have sawdust right there, and there's water. I am a good manager and operator, and I know a good dozer guy. I could build a world-class track on that lot. Anyone have $1,000,000 they aren't using? Wink

Mike

Post a reply to: Ride today in Hillsboro - got 2 slots open

The Latest