Riders and Industry folks in the forum

Edited Date/Time 7/19/2017 12:31pm
Hello all, being newer to the forum, I find it pretty cool when we get responses from bigger names of the industry. I was curious as to who all has made appearances here.

The obvious:
DC
Guy B
ML512
Chisholm
Jeff Alessi
Rupert x
and even Ronnie Renner

Who else around our sport comes around these parts of town?
|
twotwosix
7/19/2017 9:37am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2017 9:37am
There are A LOT of industry folks who just never post. Quite a few have usernames with hardly any post counts.

James Stewart once was active on here.
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
7/19/2017 9:38am
Everyone is on here. Stealth mode.
Steadman
7/19/2017 9:41am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2017 9:42am
I've heard rumours about Rick Melon and Bad Billy. Can anyone confirm?

7/19/2017 9:43am
twotwosix wrote:
There are A LOT of industry folks who just never post. Quite a few have usernames with hardly any post counts. James Stewart once was active...
There are A LOT of industry folks who just never post. Quite a few have usernames with hardly any post counts.

James Stewart once was active on here.
He was once active in our sport too!

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
780th
7/19/2017 9:44am
Steadman- I must have missed it..what is your beef with Fox?
twotwosix
7/19/2017 9:46am
Brad460 wrote:
Oh God... Here we go.
Bret
7/19/2017 9:50am
I work for one of the big four so I'm kind of a big deal around here, in case you were wondering, you know, just saying.
Steadman
7/19/2017 10:07am
Brad460 wrote:
twotwosix wrote:
Oh God... Here we go.
Easy there twotwosix..

Brad460, long story short. Been using Fox gear for over 20 years plus, and selling it for about 15 years. We (our shop) had a couple of lean years at the shop and didn't sell much. Fox cut us off completely. We can no longer sell it. It's about the equivalent of let's say, your local shop or favourite online store contacting you and saying. Sorry, you don't buy enough, we no longer want your business.
HenryA
7/19/2017 10:10am
I remember a thread that was about the new Emig grips. After a few replies the man himself pops in with some valuable info. I think the OP got kinda starstruck on that one haha
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
7/19/2017 10:16am
JT$

There are a few more that I had but just forgot
mxtech1
7/19/2017 10:23am
Hello all, being newer to the forum, I find it pretty cool when we get responses from bigger names of the industry. I was curious as...
Hello all, being newer to the forum, I find it pretty cool when we get responses from bigger names of the industry. I was curious as to who all has made appearances here.

The obvious:
DC
Guy B
ML512
Chisholm
Jeff Alessi
Rupert x
and even Ronnie Renner

Who else around our sport comes around these parts of town?
Andi Carson
Dean Talon
Jimmy Bottles
7/19/2017 10:28am
HenryA wrote:
I remember a thread that was about the new Emig grips. After a few replies the man himself pops in with some valuable info. I think...
I remember a thread that was about the new Emig grips. After a few replies the man himself pops in with some valuable info. I think the OP got kinda starstruck on that one haha
I just read that thread. Pretty cool stuff and he shared a lot of info. That OP's day had to have been made!
IWreckALot
7/19/2017 10:39am
I'm pretty sure Johnny Shortstack is on here also.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
7/19/2017 11:52am
Brad460 wrote:
twotwosix wrote:
Oh God... Here we go.
Steadman wrote:
Easy there twotwosix.. Brad460, long story short. Been using Fox gear for over 20 years plus, and selling it for about 15 years. We (our shop)...
Easy there twotwosix..

Brad460, long story short. Been using Fox gear for over 20 years plus, and selling it for about 15 years. We (our shop) had a couple of lean years at the shop and didn't sell much. Fox cut us off completely. We can no longer sell it. It's about the equivalent of let's say, your local shop or favourite online store contacting you and saying. Sorry, you don't buy enough, we no longer want your business.
We had the same crap happen in the early 2000's with fox. Not saying its right or wrong, but I assume numbers tell the story. They want solid data to apply to the next years production numbers. If you become insignificant to them, you would think they would keep you on just for exposure in that area.

One thing for sure is; you are buying the product to put in your store to try and make a profit, the risk is on you at the end of the day Steadman, which i'm sure you are fully aware of.

I think these companies should have a limit on promotional material sent to dealers if your numbers are in the lower tier. But still be able to purchase and sell a product. I do understand that catalogs/brochures/posters/signs/ etc. have a big cost and shouldn't be free if you sell a 10 sets a gear a year or whatever.

I don't know, where is DV and RV on this subject off topic

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/19/2017 12:04pm
Andrew Short has posted a couple of times. As others have said, all follow the board, some post in stealth mode. Most just lurk.
kkawboy14
7/19/2017 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2017 1:11pm
Matthes
500guy
Weege = tylermx
AC= thisusernameisunavaiable
Steadman
7/19/2017 1:05pm
twotwosix wrote:
Oh God... Here we go.
Steadman wrote:
Easy there twotwosix.. Brad460, long story short. Been using Fox gear for over 20 years plus, and selling it for about 15 years. We (our shop)...
Easy there twotwosix..

Markee wrote:
We had the same crap happen in the early 2000's with fox. Not saying its right or wrong, but I assume numbers tell the story. They...
We had the same crap happen in the early 2000's with fox. Not saying its right or wrong, but I assume numbers tell the story. They want solid data to apply to the next years production numbers. If you become insignificant to them, you would think they would keep you on just for exposure in that area.

One thing for sure is; you are buying the product to put in your store to try and make a profit, the risk is on you at the end of the day Steadman, which i'm sure you are fully aware of.

I think these companies should have a limit on promotional material sent to dealers if your numbers are in the lower tier. But still be able to purchase and sell a product. I do understand that catalogs/brochures/posters/signs/ etc. have a big cost and shouldn't be free if you sell a 10 sets a gear a year or whatever.

I don't know, where is DV and RV on this subject off topic

Sorry to hear the same happened to you as well.

It's just a drag that Fox, as a company, are quick to forget about the people that got them to where they are today (both loyal customers and shops that have been supporting them for years) It's no longer about the sport, it's all about the $$$.

We never received promo materials, and I'm ok with that (and certainly understand the costs behind them) We received the annual Moto catalog and all other communication was via email.

Customer reaction has been interesting. People coming in wondering why we no longer carry Fox product are told what happened and I'd say about 80% say something to the effect of 'screw them, what else to you have?' Alpinestars has become our best seller now.

Anyway we are off on a tangent here haha Laughing

Post a reply to: Riders and Industry folks in the forum

The Latest