Riding clubs in SoCal

bmelzRM250
Edited Date/Time 1/16/2016 6:21am
I've been riding by myself and with buddies for a while, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any MX clubs or groups that ride the tracks of SoCal? Or maybe annual events or things like that? I love my running and 4x4 clubs, and I think it would be sick to have a MX one. Thanks!
|
12/29/2015 7:07am
I would be open for that, I ride by myself at Milestone all the time. None of my buddies ride...
TSCHAM101
12/29/2015 7:40am
I would be open for that, I ride by myself at Milestone all the time. None of my buddies ride...
effin A cotton.. me too.. i always ride by myself.. all my buddies are either broke, broken bones, or have their balls tied by girlfriends/wives.
Evoracer
12/29/2015 8:43am
Check out Proride.com. SoCal based site.

The Shop

bmelzRM250
12/29/2015 9:31am
TSCHAM101 wrote:
effin A cotton.. me too.. i always ride by myself.. all my buddies are either broke, broken bones, or have their balls tied by girlfriends/wives.
Diddo on both counts. All my high school buddies don't ride or moved away or lost touch except for a few. I think a riding club that does to the track once a month or so would be bad ass
VilloFan951
12/29/2015 9:37am
I'm in the same boat with you guys. Friends either to broke or are broken and can't ride lol screw it lets start a club guys haha
Lightning78
12/29/2015 9:50am
Same here.....always at Milestone by myself. All my previous buddies that rode with me over the years all grew skirts and stopped riding moto or dirtbikes all together and im never gonna be able to stop.
Lightning78
12/29/2015 9:52am
TSCHAM101 wrote:
Its that last one that most of my buddies have fell victim to.....I usually set that standard in the beginning. If I dont get to go for a while I get real cranky, once ove gone riding im the nicest guy in the world lol they usually understand after that haha
TSCHAM101
12/29/2015 9:58am
I'm in the same boat with you guys. Friends either to broke or are broken and can't ride lol screw it lets start a club guys...
I'm in the same boat with you guys. Friends either to broke or are broken and can't ride lol screw it lets start a club guys haha
we should start a club.. most clubs that i have found are 30+ vet blah blah blah... im only 23 lol.. i usually ride vet tracks anyways.. got a mortgage to pay for.. and a soon to be wife to support.. cant afford to ride with the fast guys.. then ill want to go fast again and push like i used to and get hurt again.. :/
12/29/2015 10:06am
Hit me up im either at perris or milestone by myself. Im a 5 lapper then break then 5 more laps type of rider.
VilloFan951
12/29/2015 10:18am
I'm in the same boat with you guys. Friends either to broke or are broken and can't ride lol screw it lets start a club guys...
TSCHAM101 wrote:
we should start a club.. most clubs that i have found are 30+ vet blah blah blah... im only 23 lol.. i usually ride vet tracks...
we should start a club.. most clubs that i have found are 30+ vet blah blah blah... im only 23 lol.. i usually ride vet tracks anyways.. got a mortgage to pay for.. and a soon to be wife to support.. cant afford to ride with the fast guys.. then ill want to go fast again and push like i used to and get hurt again.. :/
Ya I ride vet as well I'm not good enough for the main tracks lol I just ride to have fun and want to do a race at milestone at least once. But I'm so down to do some type of club
bmelzRM250
12/29/2015 11:47am
TSCHAM101 wrote:
we should start a club.. most clubs that i have found are 30+ vet blah blah blah... im only 23 lol.. i usually ride vet tracks...
Ya I ride vet as well I'm not good enough for the main tracks lol I just ride to have fun and want to do a...
Ya I ride vet as well I'm not good enough for the main tracks lol I just ride to have fun and want to do a race at milestone at least once. But I'm so down to do some type of club
Let's do it! Nothing major, just some 20 something year olds who like to ride local tracks and shoot the shit between motos. I live by the beach in Encinitas so no one really rides they all just surf and smoke weed. Something fun like once or twice a month at pala or Elsinore or perris or Cahuilla would be pretty rad.
bmelzRM250
12/29/2015 1:01pm
Glad to know there are other guys who are in the same boat as me! It would be so fun to get some cool people together and ride some tracks shoot the shit between motos and see who can has the best take outs and corner stuffing
TSCHAM101
12/29/2015 1:15pm
bmelzRM250 wrote:
Glad to know there are other guys who are in the same boat as me! It would be so fun to get some cool people together...
Glad to know there are other guys who are in the same boat as me! It would be so fun to get some cool people together and ride some tracks shoot the shit between motos and see who can has the best take outs and corner stuffing
i used to do the corner take out game with my buddies.. its funny as hell lol.. but yeah that does sound fun.. and yeah im like the guy who rides for like 10mins then gets wicked arm pump rests and goes at it again. lol
12/29/2015 1:18pm
My current situation (work) doesn't allow me a way to transport myself (with bike) to the track, so if anyone wants to scoop me up.... I'm willing to go any day!
TSCHAM101
12/29/2015 1:36pm
My current situation (work) doesn't allow me a way to transport myself (with bike) to the track, so if anyone wants to scoop me up.... I'm...
My current situation (work) doesn't allow me a way to transport myself (with bike) to the track, so if anyone wants to scoop me up.... I'm willing to go any day!
if only i lived in that area i would grab ya.. but la jolla is past all the tracks lol from my area of norco
bmelzRM250
12/29/2015 2:04pm
My current situation (work) doesn't allow me a way to transport myself (with bike) to the track, so if anyone wants to scoop me up.... I'm...
I live in Encinitas, it's not on the way but it's close enough and I could swing by sometime when my bike gets back from race tech!
Motoxdoc
12/29/2015 2:06pm
If you live in So Cal....REM is the beginning and end of all you need to know! 40+ races a year at Glen Helen. Track changes every week. No gnarly doubles or triples; a safe track relative to motocross. They don't start too early. They don't end too late. Classes for every rider ability. Plenty of practice and moto time. A bunch of friendly, familiar faces and a family type atmosphere! They take pictures of everybody during the first moto and you can find them on motophotoLLC.com. and some on the MXA website. By Sunday or Monday there's a brief write-up about the weekends race on the MXA website.....and you get to hang with the MXA crew and Randy Skinner to boot!!! What more do you want out of a motocross club?!
bmelzRM250
12/29/2015 2:09pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
If you live in So Cal....REM is the beginning and end of all you need to know! 40+ races a year at Glen Helen. Track changes...
If you live in So Cal....REM is the beginning and end of all you need to know! 40+ races a year at Glen Helen. Track changes every week. No gnarly doubles or triples; a safe track relative to motocross. They don't start too early. They don't end too late. Classes for every rider ability. Plenty of practice and moto time. A bunch of friendly, familiar faces and a family type atmosphere! They take pictures of everybody during the first moto and you can find them on motophotoLLC.com. and some on the MXA website. By Sunday or Monday there's a brief write-up about the weekends race on the MXA website.....and you get to hang with the MXA crew and Randy Skinner to boot!!! What more do you want out of a motocross club?!
That sounds awesome! But before I do that I would like to find a group of guys to go hit up a REM race. Driving the 2.5 hours to rem to race by myself doesn't sound too much fun. But thanks for the info!
Motoxdoc
12/29/2015 2:33pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
If you live in So Cal....REM is the beginning and end of all you need to know! 40+ races a year at Glen Helen. Track changes...
bmelzRM250 wrote:
That sounds awesome! But before I do that I would like to find a group of guys to go hit up a REM race. Driving the...
That sounds awesome! But before I do that I would like to find a group of guys to go hit up a REM race. Driving the 2.5 hours to rem to race by myself doesn't sound too much fun. But thanks for the info!
Understandable.....I won't ride/race by myself. I might travel to the track by myself as long as I have friends that I plan on meeting up with; but even that's kind of a bummer. It's always better to have the company of a good moto friend. With that being said, now that I've made a bunch of REM friends I can leave my house Saturday morning by myself with no plans to meet anyone in particular......and when I get there I am confident that I will meet many friends to hang out and pit with....some that I used to race with 30+ years ago! I hate to beat a dead horse but REM is so much fun....and this weekend is the 1st race of the year. Btw, if you live in Carlsbad, Glen Helen is closer than 2.5 hours....oh you probably mean round trip. Anyway, I can totally understand the I-don't-want-to-go-by-myself excuse...that's legit!
Lightning78
12/29/2015 2:41pm
Im in!!

Let me know how you guys want to organize this.... I live in Huntington Beach and always down for new riding buddies.
12/29/2015 2:58pm
i may get in on this. i usually ride solo. i plan on racing the twmx race at glen helen if any others are interested
jackiej
12/29/2015 4:08pm
Evoracer wrote:
bunch of clowns over there
12/29/2015 4:22pm
A few of us are heading up to Milestone this weekend (I think Saturday) for a guy's birthday. You guys are more than welcome to join our crew!
bmelzRM250
12/29/2015 4:24pm
A few of us are heading up to Milestone this weekend (I think Saturday) for a guy's birthday. You guys are more than welcome to join...
A few of us are heading up to Milestone this weekend (I think Saturday) for a guy's birthday. You guys are more than welcome to join our crew!
I work Saturdays, but we definitely have something in the works here so we should for sure make it happen soon!
bmelzRM250
12/29/2015 4:25pm
i may get in on this. i usually ride solo. i plan on racing the twmx race at glen helen if any others are interested
Let's make it happen soon!
bmelzRM250
12/29/2015 4:26pm
Sounds like we got a solid amount of guys who are down to make something happen. It would be sick! Club Vital meetings at the track once/twice a month!
Hallzilla
12/29/2015 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2015 5:23pm
Evoracer wrote:
jackiej wrote:
bunch of clowns over there
Insightful. Props for Douching it up in here.

Proride is great for getting track and race info. People are always posting where they are riding and welcome all "proRiders" to join in the fun. So if that's what "Clowns" do then I wouldn't go there.
bosque
12/29/2015 7:53pm
I've been lurking this website for years and finally created an account when I saw this thread. I'm also in North County and looking for people to ride with. All my friends are always too broke/lazy to go to the track!

Post a reply to: Riding clubs in SoCal

The Latest