Rmz 450 couplers

baxbax26
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2020 9:12am
I've just brought a rmz and don't no which couplers are which could people tell me by colours thanks and how's launch control work
|
Rotaholic
11/26/2016 3:36am
Think of them as spark plugs, grey is rich, white is lean
mxb2
11/26/2016 9:01am
baxbax26 wrote:
I've just brought a rmz and don't no which couplers are which could people tell me by colours thanks and how's launch control work
Or read the service manual.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
11/26/2016 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 11/26/2016 5:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
mxb2 - removed the hateful answer to mxb2, he has read it and no one else needs to.

To the OP - PM me with a email address and year of your RMZ and I will help you out. Its easy stuff once it is actually explain to you, ignore mxb2 he is just a waste of fresh air.
mxb2
11/26/2016 5:39pm
mxb2 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
mxb2 - removed the hateful answer to mxb2, he has read it and no one else needs to. To the OP - PM me with a...
mxb2 - removed the hateful answer to mxb2, he has read it and no one else needs to.

To the OP - PM me with a email address and year of your RMZ and I will help you out. Its easy stuff once it is actually explain to you, ignore mxb2 he is just a waste of fresh air.
Lmao, you sound mad,not me. God forbid research or read a manual. Keep it up tough guy.

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
11/26/2016 5:44pm
mxb2 wrote:
Lmao, you sound mad,not me. God forbid research or read a manual. Keep it up tough guy.
Would love to hear of the help you have provided! If your not doing and being just what I said, please PM me and correct my mistake.
mxb2
11/26/2016 5:50pm
mxb2 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
Would love to hear of the help you have provided! If your not doing and being just what I said, please PM me and correct my...
Would love to hear of the help you have provided! If your not doing and being just what I said, please PM me and correct my mistake.
Suzuki provides a service manual with the rmz.
MX690
11/26/2016 9:21pm
Rotaholic wrote:
Think of them as spark plugs, grey is rich, white is lean
What he said.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
11/26/2016 9:43pm
MXB2 is right, best way to go about it is to read the service manual if you got one with the bike, it takes you through how to change the couplers and what each one does.

If you don't have service manual your local dealer should be able to get you one, or I am happy to take photos and post those pages here for you to look at.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
11/27/2016 5:32am
mxb2 wrote:
Joe blow from down the road does not always sell a bike with a service manual and the two new off the show room 2014 250 and 450 also did not come with a service manual, only a owners manual. The OP does not have a service manual, you clearly do understand that from his post otherwise he would not be asking for advise from a friendly community here at Vital or you are that stupid. Smart ass answers are worthless so how about not posting them?
mxb2
11/27/2016 7:15am
mxb2 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
Joe blow from down the road does not always sell a bike with a service manual and the two new off the show room 2014 250...
Joe blow from down the road does not always sell a bike with a service manual and the two new off the show room 2014 250 and 450 also did not come with a service manual, only a owners manual. The OP does not have a service manual, you clearly do understand that from his post otherwise he would not be asking for advise from a friendly community here at Vital or you are that stupid. Smart ass answers are worthless so how about not posting them?
Maybe since you are the good guy, buy the OP one, then gfy. A manual is $60, buy one,read it. 7k toy, no manual ,makes sense. If ya cant afford a manual, ya cant afford the bike. Like you said it's a public forum,. dont like it,dont read it. Sounds like you are the angry thin skinned person who needs to stay off the internet.
JWACK
11/27/2016 7:30am
mxb2 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
Joe blow from down the road does not always sell a bike with a service manual and the two new off the show room 2014 250...
mxb2 wrote:
Maybe since you are the good guy, buy the OP one, then gfy. A manual is $60, buy one,read it. 7k toy, no manual ,makes sense...
Maybe since you are the good guy, buy the OP one, then gfy. A manual is $60, buy one,read it. 7k toy, no manual ,makes sense. If ya cant afford a manual, ya cant afford the bike. Like you said it's a public forum,. dont like it,dont read it. Sounds like you are the angry thin skinned person who needs to stay off the internet.
This entire forum is a service manual for nearly every bike made. Sometimes you just get on the wrong page and it ends up being no help.
2/2/2018 5:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2018 6:08pm
mxb2 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
mxb2 - removed the hateful answer to mxb2, he has read it and no one else needs to. To the OP - PM me with a...

Hey, imoto34, can u help me out with coupler question?
TeamGreen
2/2/2018 5:59pm
Do some homework and know that what fuel you use matters.

Psssst, I ran one gallon of VP T4e mixed w/ one gallon of pump and the stock “no plug” setting...VERY easy and fun to ride. The White plug Rips when track/TRACTION CONDITIONS are perrrrrfect. I almost always run the start setting on “A” mode.

Good luck!
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
2/2/2018 6:00pm
I'd Private message him and remove your email address from the post. You are going to get spammed like a mofo
2/2/2018 6:09pm
TbonesPop wrote:
I'd Private message him and remove your email address from the post. You are going to get spammed like a mofo
Thanks, dude. Ha!
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/2/2018 6:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2018 6:10pm
The answer doesn't matter. Made up scenario from a made up person. But he did get a brand specific mention in and talked about from honest posters who think this is real.
2/2/2018 6:16pm
kzizok wrote:
The answer doesn't matter. Made up scenario from a made up person. But he did get a brand specific mention in and talked about from honest...
The answer doesn't matter. Made up scenario from a made up person. But he did get a brand specific mention in and talked about from honest posters who think this is real.
Damn, looking for an answer from a newb.
Racer111
2/2/2018 6:23pm
mxb2 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Maybe since you are the good guy, buy the OP one, then gfy. A manual is $60, buy one,read it. 7k toy, no manual ,makes sense...
You’re they kind of asshat that if I saw on fire, I’d toss you a manual on how to to heal from 3rd degree burns. You’ve complied about 80 sentences so far in this thread showing everyone what a dick you are, when you could have formed 1 sentence and helped a fellow MX’r out. Way to go shithead!
Forty
2/2/2018 8:42pm
I have a 2013 and use the most aggressive set up. It's a fairly mellow engine so giving it a little punch helps.

Love my bike
mxb2
2/2/2018 8:56pm
imoto34 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
You’re they kind of asshat that if I saw on fire, I’d toss you a manual on how to to heal from 3rd degree burns. You’ve...
You’re they kind of asshat that if I saw on fire, I’d toss you a manual on how to to heal from 3rd degree burns. You’ve complied about 80 sentences so far in this thread showing everyone what a dick you are, when you could have formed 1 sentence and helped a fellow MX’r out. Way to go shithead!
Lmao, i am the bad guy for the owner not doing research and owning a manual. Fuck off , go ride the bike you came on here to get info on. Lmfao, since you cdnt figure it yourself. Idiot.
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
2/3/2018 7:28am
Its is simple question with a simple answer,,, gray do this.....white do that.... No need for smart/father/mother/wife/boss answer.Not every one is buying a bike with all the papers and have around a dealer.
7/5/2020 2:38pm
baxbax26 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I bought my 2016 RM-Z450 from a dealer and didn't get a service manual with my purchase, so not everyone just has one of those on standby
7/5/2020 2:45pm
baxbax26 wrote:
From what I've learned from riding in excess these last few years, the white coupler offers a more pronounced power curve, not really aggressive throttle response a little slower than standard but great for hard compact tracks or roads. Black or grey coupler is the opposite, full race mode with increased throttle response more wheel spin and a little bit faster off the line; great for loose sand and soft or wet dirt where wheel spin is everything. Standard or no coupler is the fine line in between, eats through tires like a hot knife throw butter and kinda blows on all surfaces that demand precision I recommend you always use a coupler on the newer Suzuki's.
mxb2
7/5/2020 2:47pm
baxbax26 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
I bought my 2016 RM-Z450 from a dealer and didn't get a service manual with my purchase, so not everyone just has one of those on...
I bought my 2016 RM-Z450 from a dealer and didn't get a service manual with my purchase, so not everyone just has one of those on standby
Suzuki is one of the few brands that gives out service manuals with new purchased rmz s.
7/5/2020 2:56pm
mxb2 wrote:
I bought my 2016 RM-Z450 from a dealer and didn't get a service manual with my purchase, so not everyone just has one of those on...
mxb2 wrote:
Suzuki is one of the few brands that gives out service manuals with new purchased rmz s.
I didn't get one, and I didn't buy it and have it shipped in a crate from a Suzuki dealership, I walked in, paid, road out no manual in hand. Besides, just because you might have got one with your purchase from Suzuki doesn't mean that buying a second hand 2013 bike in 2016 is going to come with one. Not everyone has the luxury of living near a dealer that hands manuals out either, I live 2 hours away from the nearest Suzuki dealer in my area, and 4-5 hours away from where I bought my bike. Besides what's the point in searching through a book for 15 minutes for a topic that vaguely walks you through the process of exactly what the mapping plugs do, when you could spend 5 minutes on a forum to get a simplified answer of a question you had about your bike
7/5/2020 2:59pm
baxbax26 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Btw, the steady burn light for launch control is for hard packed dirt or concrete starts, flashing is the opposite like sand. Or vise versa haven't used launch control in a quick minute. To switch between modes I believe you hold down launch control button, and if it turns off you can restart it with a quick tap.
mxb2
7/5/2020 3:09pm
Not sure, i drove 2 hrs each way to get my new rmz when i bought it. And i made sure i had everything before i left the dealer. Paperwork, etc. Full insurance also. Yep forums are cool, if you get the correct answers.

Post a reply to: Rmz 450 couplers

The Latest