Rockstar Husky PR - Hip Injury for Dean Wilson

GD2
Fantasy
815th
"Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team’s Dean Wilson will miss Saturday night’s Monster Energy Cup in Las Vegas after suffering a hard crash during the second qualifying session of the day. Wilson was immediately transported to the local hospital where early reports indicate that he has sustained a dislocated hip.

It was an unfortunate ending to the night for Wilson, who had an impressive showing in the day’s qualifying sessions. He qualified third overall in the first session, finishing only half a second off the leader. The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team wishes Dean a speedy recovery as he awaits further evaluation."
|
10/19/2019 9:08pm
Well, there goes his SX season. I hope it's put back properly and there are no long term effects a la Bo Jackson.
10/19/2019 9:13pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2019 9:23pm
Well, there goes his SX season. I hope it's put back properly and there are no long term effects a la Bo Jackson.
Quick check with the Google machine shows a 2-3 month recovery time for a dislocated hip. Anaheim 1 is what, a little less than 3 months out? Not saying he’ll be ready to go immediately once it’s healed, but he might be able to make some of the races before the outdoors. Might just want to sit out and prep for outdoors instead. Regardless, shit luck for arguably one of the best personalities in the sport.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
10/19/2019 9:27pm
That sucks. It’s a risk doing races like this during the off season. I wonder if some of the teams make their riders do these.
Cody24
Fantasy
2695th
10/19/2019 9:27pm
Wish Husky would’ve said, hey Dean, Jason and Zach aren’t going, so we’re gonna skip this one.

The Shop

BUTWHY?
10/19/2019 9:56pm
Cody24 wrote:
Wish Husky would’ve said, hey Dean, Jason and Zach aren’t going, so we’re gonna skip this one.
So is that the approach for any race? It doesn’t matter if it’s drills in the hills or a championship leading race, it’s the risk these guys take every time they throw a leg over a bike. Not sure where the confusing part of that is.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2888th
10/19/2019 10:05pm
Cody24 wrote:
And I bet Dean wishes he didn’t put er down. Shit happens, sometimes more often to one individual more than others. Super bummer, Deano’s a great asset To the sport and an all around rad dude.
crusher773
10/19/2019 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 12:23am
Bo didn't have a hip dislocation issue he had a deformity he was born with was his issue. It won't be that bad. I did mine 15 years ago or so popped it back in and it was the quickest injury recovery I've had. He should be ok for A1 I would think. Might depend on how bad it was but mine was totally out. With the advancements and how much quicker they can heal people now hoping enough time.
Motofinne
10/19/2019 10:17pm
I assume that these kind of injuries depend on how quickly they get to place the hip back and how little muscle damage there is? What is the standard for these injuries?

Sucks for Dean. And Tixier who crashed in the same spot (anyone knows anything about Tixiers injuries?).
hamncheeze
10/19/2019 10:20pm
Word was that Tixier sustained a concussion, didn't read or see anything else.
Johnny Ringo
10/19/2019 10:30pm
burn1986 wrote:
That sucks. It’s a risk doing races like this during the off season. I wonder if some of the teams make their riders do these.
Husky didn’t make him try a quad in practice. That’s on Dean.

Hope he’s on the gate for A1
BUTWHY?
10/19/2019 10:32pm
Can’t help but feel so gutted for one of the best personalities in the sport. Heal up quick Dean. The sport needs you!
bigjam
10/19/2019 10:49pm
Hate to see Deano go down one of my favs, such a brutal sport
crowe176
10/19/2019 11:06pm
Once that CBD kicks in, Deano’ll be back on the gas in no time.
Cody24
Fantasy
2695th
10/19/2019 11:25pm
BUTWHY? wrote:
So is that the approach for any race? It doesn’t matter if it’s drills in the hills or a championship leading race, it’s the risk these...
So is that the approach for any race? It doesn’t matter if it’s drills in the hills or a championship leading race, it’s the risk these guys take every time they throw a leg over a bike. Not sure where the confusing part of that is.
This result would be where your confusion lies. Not saying anyone should bow out at all. But a significant amount do every year, and Dean hasn’t had the best luck with injuries...

Regardless, wishing him the quickest recovery possible!
Nick_Lalanne
10/20/2019 12:19am
There is a ton of damage that can be done, a lot of it is not fixable. I got lucky and they where able to repair my labrum, but if it’s too bad, he could have issues with it forever. I really hope this isn’t the case. My hip immobilized me for a year before we got it diagnosed 100% hip injuries are no joke. Really worried about his ability to recover.
tek14
10/20/2019 12:48am
What happened to him and Tixier anyone with videos?
HuskyEd
10/20/2019 12:56am
hamncheeze wrote:
Word was that Tixier sustained a concussion, didn't read or see anything else.
Talked a minute with Tixier. He was fine and helping break down the EZ-Up he was pitted under. Rang his bell pretty good but said he’d like to give it a go again
mmcmx
10/20/2019 1:01am
Damn, hate this part of the sport.

Get well soon Deano!
davis224
Fantasy
165th
10/20/2019 4:14am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 4:14am
Makes you wonder how many times he can come back from injury. Hate that one of the most likeable guys on the gate has had such a black cloud over him for some time. It's gotta take a big toll mentally.
mhog
10/20/2019 5:04am
I’m gutted for the guy. That’s a tough injury; wishing him all the best and a speedy recovery. Same for Tixier.
10/20/2019 6:24am
Just checked Dean's IG and this is still the most recent post... ughhhhh... Who could not be a fan of this dude???

As much as I hate this injury for him; *it sounds* so much better than the broken femur as was first thought.. Hopefully there's minimal damage and he misses minimal gate drops...

level
10/20/2019 6:36am
That was a very bad crash. Hope that’s all it was is a dislocated hip. Was hard to watch.
10/20/2019 9:31am
Just checked Dean's IG and this is still the most recent post... ughhhhh... Who could not be a fan of this dude??? As much as I...
Just checked Dean's IG and this is still the most recent post... ughhhhh... Who could not be a fan of this dude???

As much as I hate this injury for him; *it sounds* so much better than the broken femur as was first thought.. Hopefully there's minimal damage and he misses minimal gate drops...

Dislocated hips can come with serious complications... a clean break on the femur would have been a better result. There's a lot that can go wrong with hip dislocations, and they can have very long term effects.

I really hope it goes smoothly for him, but I have to wonder how much longer he'll keep going...just so many massive injuries.
munsch121
10/20/2019 9:49am
What really did in Bo was the injury not being addressed immediately. I also believe he had a fracture and tried to just "tough it out" causing part of his bone to die. Deano is no stranger to injuries and is tough as nails, I think he will be back before we know it.....feel for the dude, he rarely has a simple minor injury, its always a big slam.
Lightning78
10/20/2019 10:02am
burn1986 wrote:
Husky didn’t make him try a quad in practice. That’s on Dean.

Hope he’s on the gate for A1
Deans just Dean
10/20/2019 10:21am
munsch121 wrote:
What really did in Bo was the injury not being addressed immediately. I also believe he had a fracture and tried to just "tough it out"...
What really did in Bo was the injury not being addressed immediately. I also believe he had a fracture and tried to just "tough it out" causing part of his bone to die. Deano is no stranger to injuries and is tough as nails, I think he will be back before we know it.....feel for the dude, he rarely has a simple minor injury, its always a big slam.
Absolutely. And I think the medical technology has come a long way since Bo's days.

Just stoked there's someone else old enough to get that reference around here! LOL
10/20/2019 11:10am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 11:13am
crusher773 wrote:
Bo didn't have a hip dislocation issue he had a deformity he was born with was his issue. It won't be that bad. I did mine...
Bo didn't have a hip dislocation issue he had a deformity he was born with was his issue. It won't be that bad. I did mine 15 years ago or so popped it back in and it was the quickest injury recovery I've had. He should be ok for A1 I would think. Might depend on how bad it was but mine was totally out. With the advancements and how much quicker they can heal people now hoping enough time.
That’s not true. Bo was forced to retire because he dislocated and fractured his hip and ended up with avascular necrosis (dead bone) since the fracture went undetected for too long. Yes, he dislocated his hip as well, but the fracture and avascular necrosis is what ended his career.

It is the same outcome as Ricky Johnson, who broke his scaphoid (navicular) bone in his wrist. The part of the hip that Bo fractured doesn’t get great blood flow as it is (same as the scaphoid). So when fractured and not left to heal properly, it will die. Being a critical, weight bearing joint, it brought an end to Bo’s career.

Bo was injured and couldn’t recover. Nothing about a birth defect impacted his career. I assume Dean just dislocated his hip, which will be recoverable so long as he didn’t tear the labrum.
10/20/2019 11:27am
crusher773 wrote:
Bo didn't have a hip dislocation issue he had a deformity he was born with was his issue. It won't be that bad. I did mine...
That’s not true. Bo was forced to retire because he dislocated and fractured his hip and ended up with avascular necrosis (dead bone) since the fracture...
That’s not true. Bo was forced to retire because he dislocated and fractured his hip and ended up with avascular necrosis (dead bone) since the fracture went undetected for too long. Yes, he dislocated his hip as well, but the fracture and avascular necrosis is what ended his career.

It is the same outcome as Ricky Johnson, who broke his scaphoid (navicular) bone in his wrist. The part of the hip that Bo fractured doesn’t get great blood flow as it is (same as the scaphoid). So when fractured and not left to heal properly, it will die. Being a critical, weight bearing joint, it brought an end to Bo’s career.

Bo was injured and couldn’t recover. Nothing about a birth defect impacted his career. I assume Dean just dislocated his hip, which will be recoverable so long as he didn’t tear the labrum.
Exactly.

I just hope this is straightforward for Dean and there are no mistakes or missed injuries related. We shall find out.

I remember well when Bo went down, and then how it all played out in the following years.... They just don't make them like him anymore.

Question
10/20/2019 11:32am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 11:32am
That sucks. Attrition started... I really hope he recovers well. As usual there will be many riders out during or for the full season, that can happen to anyone and to any team. Also based on the current size of the modern teams, i really think Husky (and MCR) took the most clever decision to have 3 riders ; if we were looking at stats really deep over a 5 years period, i am pretty sure a 3 riders team would be able to line up 3 bikes only 20% of the time, and like 70% of the time only 2 bikes. That sucks so much when the rig is 1 rider only or even not showing up ... especially when like 20 people are still on the payroll...

Post a reply to: Rockstar Husky PR - Hip Injury for Dean Wilson

The Latest