Roczen' championship to lose?

Lucifa.
Edited Date/Time 2/10/2018 11:10pm
He's been getting stronger and stronger each week. The guy just about bet the series leader that has no injuries he's coming back from. Have we yet to see the best from Ken?
|
2/4/2018 9:35pm
Theirs steal many races left too race...your gonna half to weight a few weaks.
wacker
2/4/2018 9:40pm
This is probably the first thing I have read since I have been on Vital that genuinely made me happy.

The Shop

aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
2/4/2018 9:57pm
WoohooWoohooWoohooLaughingLaughingLaughing

I think you just won the internet for the day.
NorCal 50+
2/4/2018 9:59pm
If he does loose it, it's gonna be wrenching.
The Candyman
2/4/2018 10:30pm
So the points leader wins and we come to the logical conclusion its someone else's championship to lose. Right on.
struth
2/4/2018 10:45pm
Roczen we see now ,will never be the roczen we saw pre injury.
Who now's if can go to next level with his arm...
Jeff alessi
2/4/2018 10:56pm
struth wrote:
Kenny riding the way he is will preserve a fighting chance down to the last lap for him, this is what’s important to him.
Lucifa.
2/4/2018 11:16pm
So the points leader wins and we come to the logical conclusion its someone else's championship to lose. Right on.
You missed the entire point. Right on.
Lucifa.
2/4/2018 11:21pm
struth wrote:
Kenny riding the way he is will preserve a fighting chance down to the last lap for him, this is what’s important to him.
Correct. The team has a plan knowing Ken's health and current abilities. Keep pushing forward and testing with each race. 5 races in from a career ending cash and he's 2nd in points? I'd say Anderson is taking notice!
hamncheeze
2/4/2018 11:35pm
But let's not ignore JA21 who has gone: 2-1-3-4-1 in the first 5 races. Remind you of anyone from the past 3 seasons? Too me, Anderson has turned the corner with his race maturity. He's moving forward quickly but not as risky as he would have 2 years ago. He's got a great mix of aggression and patience going. I think even a healthy ET3 winning A1 would have his hands full with Jason this year.

Ken will win some races. But I think he will also have at least one more where he's outside the top 10.
JB 19
2/4/2018 11:36pm
Kenny looks to me like he is riding at about 90% and playing things very safe. I look for him to slowly dial in more speed. He looks like he's riding with the maturity of a vet rider.

I think one problem with planning on Anderson making a mistake is that he can make a pretty big mistake and recover because he is so fast right now.

I think it's going to be a good series. Barcia may win a race or two, but I don't consider him a title threat. It's great seeing Justin riding so well though.
2/4/2018 11:53pm
The current points leader catches him, passes him for the win to extend his points lead and somehow you nut jobs come up with that its Kenny's championship to lose? WTF??

Kenny was gifted a four second lead and couldn't capitalise on it. There are a handful of riders in that field that wouldn't have let an opportunity like that slip through their fingers. But thats all he had. Id say over race distance at race speed he's still a ways off right now. He's doing a great job of staying smooth and consistent and keeping in contention, which is all we could expect right now.
But at the minute, if the others do it right, he won't beat them.
sickboy3636
2/4/2018 11:56pm
I read this on ambien, read it like 9 times. Utter confusion followed by a drool covered smile. Thank u.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
2/5/2018 12:04am
The current points leader catches him, passes him for the win to extend his points lead and somehow you nut jobs come up with that its...
The current points leader catches him, passes him for the win to extend his points lead and somehow you nut jobs come up with that its Kenny's championship to lose? WTF??

Kenny was gifted a four second lead and couldn't capitalise on it. There are a handful of riders in that field that wouldn't have let an opportunity like that slip through their fingers. But thats all he had. Id say over race distance at race speed he's still a ways off right now. He's doing a great job of staying smooth and consistent and keeping in contention, which is all we could expect right now.
Name one other rider in the field that would not let that lead slip through their fingers that currently has the pace to do so?

Seely has the pace, he let it slip, Barcia has shown he has the pace, he has lead races, let it slip.

There is no one currently in that field that would have held JA21 off on the weekend, he came through and passed all the contenders as it was.

Ken is currently the second best rider in that field, points even currently show that, you could argue that maybe Tomac is the second best with two race wins, but hey he let a 5 second lead slip on a much easier track!

The thing Ken has going for him is, Anderson is probably in career best form, Ken is improving each week.

I don't agree it is Ken's to lose. At the moment it is Anderson's to lose, he currently has control and if he continues to capitalise while Ken is not quite at his best, it is his for the taking.

Well unless he lets his points lead slip.
Lucifa.
2/5/2018 12:20am
The current points leader catches him, passes him for the win to extend his points lead and somehow you nut jobs come up with that its...

"But at the minute, if the others do it right, he won't beat them. "

Considering what he has come from and the progress he has shown in the last five races, also the fact that we are talking about Roczen and he knows how to throw down, do you really believe what you just wrote?

No wonder you like changing usernames.

2/5/2018 12:57am
Lucifa. wrote:
Correct. The team has a plan knowing Ken's health and current abilities. Keep pushing forward and testing with each race. 5 races in from a career...
Correct. The team has a plan knowing Ken's health and current abilities. Keep pushing forward and testing with each race. 5 races in from a career ending cash and he's 2nd in points? I'd say Anderson is taking notice!
Jokes aside, I agree with you. Kenny is a known quantity and proven winner in the class, and will certainly be more conservative in his approach this year. He's gonna slowly become the new Dungey.
2/5/2018 2:01am
Jason Anderson’s road to the title could have been ended in practice with his big crash.Oh wait...
OT
Fantasy
3056th
2/5/2018 2:14am
I think most other tracks Roczen would've won Sat night. It looked gnarly and Anderson has no fear to hang it out and put it all on the line. Roczen you could see was riding well within his limits, and still making errors

I think my favourite to win the championship is Roczen, I can't see Anderson not having a DNF or a real bad race
Lucifa.
2/5/2018 2:34am
Lucifa. wrote:
Correct. The team has a plan knowing Ken's health and current abilities. Keep pushing forward and testing with each race. 5 races in from a career...
Jokes aside, I agree with you. Kenny is a known quantity and proven winner in the class, and will certainly be more conservative in his approach...
Jokes aside, I agree with you. Kenny is a known quantity and proven winner in the class, and will certainly be more conservative in his approach this year. He's gonna slowly become the new Dungey.
He and Anderson topped up and finished off a great night of racing. It been a while since we have seen so much action from most of the field.
motomike137
2/5/2018 4:03am
I'm sorry but this aint Ken's championship to lo(o)se right now in any way shape or form. Anderson and Barcia are way to strong.
Premix
2/5/2018 4:18am
3/4 of the members on Vital read this and saw nothing wrong with it.
Crush
2/5/2018 5:02am
I'm sorry but this aint Ken's championship to lo(o)se right now in any way shape or form. Anderson and Barcia are way to strong.
It's interesting because none of them have put together 17 rounds before. I read your sentence and my first reaction is almost a giggle because Anderson and Barcia have never come close, but then Kenny hasn't either.

It's actually crazy how we've come off years of the Ryans, Stew/Reed, RC before and of course MC. Now we seem to have a bunch of dudes freaking out left and right!
downard254
2/5/2018 5:11am
Dude, that is a criminally heavy statement right there.Tongue
Racer111
2/5/2018 5:15am
struth wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:
Oh, so you know what the team is doing and thinking, huh? What’s Anderson’s camp doing and thinking? Anderson has been pretty damn consistent. He pressured Rockzen in to a mistake and this weekends race Anderson struggled and still won.

It’s Andersons championship go lose, not Rockzen’s.
j100
2/5/2018 5:30am
wacker wrote:
This is probably the first thing I have read since I have been on Vital that genuinely made me happy.
@Wacker! i’m lmao at your response. you took the words right out of my mouth.
erik_94COBRA
2/5/2018 5:39am
wacker wrote:
Gives me hoap.

kongols
2/5/2018 5:46am
If it goes like it has, it`s Andersons to lose. Kenny would be lucky. Anderson is better at the moment.
Mx286
2/5/2018 5:50am
I don’t get it how people think it’s Roczen’s championship to loose right now. He hasn’t won yet and he’s got caught from behind on multiple races. Yea he’s getting stronger and building each week, but so is Anderson.

Post a reply to: Roczen' championship to lose?

The Latest