Roczen on SX

Lastander
10/24/2017 10:30am Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 4:52pm
Has anyone seen footage of Roczen back on the sx track?

Id like to see his speed on a sx track
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/24/2017 10:32am
Wouldn't we all?
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
10/24/2017 10:33am
Looks comfortable
Lastander
10/24/2017 10:35am
GuyB wrote:
Wouldn't we all?
No smart comments old man, get out the Vital-drone and get me some damn footy!
twotwosix
10/24/2017 10:41am
You don't need to be able to straighten your elbow to race Supercross, it seems. If Kenny makes it through this winter in one piece, I fully expect him to lay the same beating down at A1 that he did last year.

You know, the race where he got the holeshot and beat Dungey by 16 seconds, Musquin by 18 seconds and Tomac by 30 seconds...

The Shop

RACERX69
10/24/2017 11:03am
twotwosix wrote:
You don't need to be able to straighten your elbow to race Supercross, it seems. If Kenny makes it through this winter in one piece, I...
You don't need to be able to straighten your elbow to race Supercross, it seems. If Kenny makes it through this winter in one piece, I fully expect him to lay the same beating down at A1 that he did last year.

You know, the race where he got the holeshot and beat Dungey by 16 seconds, Musquin by 18 seconds and Tomac by 30 seconds...
Not going to happen, 226!
Juice_Mann
10/24/2017 1:59pm
twotwosix wrote:
You don't need to be able to straighten your elbow to race Supercross, it seems. If Kenny makes it through this winter in one piece, I...

Yeah he was the fastest guy, but only survived two and a half races trying to run that pace.
10/24/2017 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2017 2:08pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Yeah he was the fastest guy, but only survived two and a half races trying to run that pace.
When will people understand that he actually didn't make a mistake at all when he crashed? He had been running that same line, along with everyone else, the entire race and previous races, but it just happened to kick him that time.
10/24/2017 2:11pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
When will people understand that he actually didn't make a mistake at all when he crashed? He had been running that same line, along with everyone...
When will people understand that he actually didn't make a mistake at all when he crashed? He had been running that same line, along with everyone else, the entire race and previous races, but it just happened to kick him that time.
ummm thats called making a mistake... Dry
Juice_Mann
10/24/2017 2:13pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
When will people understand that he actually didn't make a mistake at all when he crashed? He had been running that same line, along with everyone...
Lmao I guess the track said "not this time Kenny".
10/24/2017 2:15pm
So you're driving to work on the same road every single day. A pot hole develops and blows your tire causing you to crash your car. Where was YOUR mistake?
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
10/24/2017 2:18pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Lmao I guess the track said "not this time Kenny".
The track fucked up Grinning
Motoxdoc
10/24/2017 2:26pm
So you're driving to work on the same road every single day. A pot hole develops and blows your tire causing you to crash your car...
So you're driving to work on the same road every single day. A pot hole develops and blows your tire causing you to crash your car. Where was YOUR mistake?
The mistake in this scenario would be in driving the same road and not paying close attention because you never expected it to change. Just because you hit the same line in the same way every lap....that doesn't make you exempt from making a mistake when doing so. If your logic was correct I would've had a lot less broken bones!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
10/24/2017 2:27pm
It was previously established on Vital that the new Honda's top shock mount is 39mm lower causing all Honda riders world-wide to spontaneously eject. Or, maybe he slightly over-jumped and it bit him.

darrennerrad
10/24/2017 2:31pm
I thought I heard he didn't have any mobility in his wrist? Is this a permanent thing or just something that could get better with time? I have a buddy who works with VP Fuels and last I hear he had to get a tendon graft for that.
JVT357
Fantasy
3124th
10/24/2017 2:37pm
So you're driving to work on the same road every single day. A pot hole develops and blows your tire causing you to crash your car...
Your mistake was hitting the pothole.
10/24/2017 2:49pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
I guess his crash at Monster Cup a year ago was the tracks fault, too?
Johnny Depp
10/24/2017 2:50pm
GrapeApe wrote:
It was previously established on Vital that the new Honda's top shock mount is 39mm lower causing all Honda riders world-wide to spontaneously eject. Or, maybe...
It was previously established on Vital that the new Honda's top shock mount is 39mm lower causing all Honda riders world-wide to spontaneously eject. Or, maybe he slightly over-jumped and it bit him.

Don't tempt me to bust out the proofWoohoo

I have tried to let this sleeping dog lie. But Honda Hop is a thing.

Mostly I am concerned with what happens the next time Roczen falls the same way, and in racing Supercross he will eventually. I'm not sure it's worth the risk, I don't think they can fix Humpty Dumpty twice.
mxpro252
10/24/2017 2:55pm
Yea, driving my '96 Miata into a pothole would be my mistake. Just the same as if I pinned it into a fallen tree that's normally not covering the road or a minivan that unexpectedly slammed its brakes on I-5 to get a better look at the new Chick Fillet that just opened.
ocscottie
10/24/2017 3:03pm
I sure hope we see the old Kenny, or even a new, better one, its no secret i love that dude!!!! Blush
jeffro503
10/24/2017 3:29pm
JVT357 wrote:
Your mistake was hitting the pothole.
Haha....oh man! The user name , the ideology.......100% millennial !

It 100% could not be the drivers fault......lets blame the road , or someone else. Hell lets fucking protest that road.

And yes , Kenny's wreck was 100% the " tracks fault ". Laughing Fuckin' A.....I feel so much better now that I can blame all the tracks I've wrecked at. Sleep better at night knowing I never made a mistake.....it's everything and everyone elses fault. LMFAO!
Hut
10/24/2017 3:39pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Absolutely! Everything went perfect. Blink
10/24/2017 4:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha....oh man! The user name , the ideology.......100% millennial ! It 100% could not be the drivers fault......lets blame the road , or someone else. Hell...

It 100% could not be the drivers fault......lets blame the road , or someone else. Hell lets fucking protest that road.

And yes , Kenny's wreck was 100% the " tracks fault ". Laughing Fuckin' A.....I feel so much better now that I can blame all the tracks I've wrecked at. Sleep better at night knowing I never made a mistake.....it's everything and everyone elses fault. LMFAO!
I never said it was the tracks fault. Just saying he was riding best he could. Not over his head. I guess you can call it a mistake on his part. I just don't.

As for my username. My last name is actually Grant, a Grant is free money.. has nothing to do with being a "millennial"

Also, Sorry for triggering you Jeffro. Maybe I'm a "millennial and you're a "snowflake" Grinning
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
10/24/2017 4:14pm
GuyB wrote:
Wouldn't we all?
Lastander wrote:
No smart comments old man, get out the Vital-drone and get me some damn footy!
Damn. I guess he's saying he doesn't prefer you behind the lens GuyB! How insulting hahaha ShockedSilly
jeffro503
10/24/2017 4:17pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha....oh man! The user name , the ideology.......100% millennial ! It 100% could not be the drivers fault......lets blame the road , or someone else. Hell...

I never said it was the tracks fault. Just saying he was riding best he could. Not over his head. I guess you can call it...
I never said it was the tracks fault. Just saying he was riding best he could. Not over his head. I guess you can call it a mistake on his part. I just don't.

As for my username. My last name is actually Grant, a Grant is free money.. has nothing to do with being a "millennial"

Also, Sorry for triggering you Jeffro. Maybe I'm a "millennial and you're a "snowflake" Grinning
Well I may be. But haha....you gotta admit....blaming the track with a username with free money in it kinda sounds " Millennial-ish " Laughing Didn't set me off....it gave me a really good laugh in fact haha.
oshow
10/24/2017 7:30pm
Lastander wrote:
Has anyone seen footage of Roczen back on the sx track? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/24/221617/s1200_IMG_5897.jpg[/img] Id like to see his speed on a sx track
Has anyone seen footage of Roczen back on the sx track?

Id like to see his speed on a sx track
Yes
akillerwombat
10/24/2017 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/24/2017 7:38pm
jeffro503 wrote:

For what it's worth (not about the track) but roads... they've gotten so bad here in parts of Los Angeles that the city will reimburse you if they cause damage to your car.

I'd love to say they're all avoidable but we have some roads that they are absolutely unavoidable... you go left to avoid one and you're going straight into another one. If you live here you know which streets to avoid most times but anyone passing through could unknowingly be running into a mine field.

That said - 94 or his bike done fucked up on those over the bars.
oldblood
10/24/2017 7:39pm
If you go back and watch the video. He had just lapped Adam, who had politely moved aside giving plenty of room. But Kenny was traveling at a speed never seen before (feel free to review video). Kenny took the line (rut with the pothole) beside the one he had been taking , causing the buck.
oldblood
10/24/2017 7:40pm
But f $#&? last year.

He's going to kill it this year.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
10/24/2017 9:27pm
GrapeApe wrote:
It was previously established on Vital that the new Honda's top shock mount is 39mm lower causing all Honda riders world-wide to spontaneously eject. Or, maybe...

aees
10/24/2017 11:19pm
twotwosix wrote:

Tomac was suffering from bad armpump because of suspension setup the first 4 rounds. Tomac and Roczen will be battling for the wins and that will allow Musquin to be in the mix. You rarely push each other's tempo up in supercross when battling, it goes the opposite because of block passes and missed rythms.

Post a reply to: Roczen on SX

The Latest