Roczen will never be the same.

THEOUTSIDER
Edited Date/Time 5/24/2017 10:27am
During his interview last Saturday I was shocked to see his arm. Nearly 5 months in and it appears to have poor range of motion, and looks to be super thin.

Bone injuries are one thing, but nerve damage is another. I am not trying to stir trouble here, I am just not sure we are hearing all there is to hear in regards to his situation. I certainly hope the best for him. I am a fan of his.
|
bodean123
Fantasy
2132nd
5/23/2017 2:26am
Can't wait to see him toss that crippled looking arm in the air as he takes his first checked flag, just to see him prove all you naysayers wrong.
F.B
5/23/2017 2:27am
bodean123 wrote:
Can't wait to see him toss that crippled looking arm in the air as he takes his first checked flag, just to see him prove all...
Can't wait to see him toss that crippled looking arm in the air as he takes his first checked flag, just to see him prove all you naysayers wrong.
X2
Acidreamer
5/23/2017 2:45am
I hope roczen fully recovers but youre right. That arm is still looking extremely rough. I cant see someone gaining that much muscle in a year. Maybe he will be riding but i just dont know if it will be the same. People said that about rvs leg though and he came back swinging.

The Shop

PJRAUS
5/23/2017 3:14am
I hope Rockzen makes it back as strong as ever...but Rick Johnson's career ended over a much less serious injury....just the way it looks to me anyway.
Sometimes , when I watch supercross, I get the feeling as though I'm a Roman in the coliseum ,watching the Christians thrown to the lions...historical inaccuracies apologised for...but Christ...we all want him back, but is it really the best thing for him??? He has only just barely saved his arm from being amputated....if he didn't have the acess to he health care he has... Would he still have his arm?
I think that what happened to Ken R ,played a major part in Ryan D's early retirement....given the way that Tomac would choose to win or crash trying......it's getting a bit nuts.
It's horrendous what happened to Ken R.
My hope is that he calls it quits rather than try to be his best with a broken wing, then go on to live a happy life.
If he makes a genuine 100% recovery.....that's fantastic! Quit or continue!
5/23/2017 3:15am
Didn't this already get discussed in another thread just the other day? Maybe we can "crack the case" with this latest thread.

I believe KRoc will be back. I sure hope so.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
5/23/2017 3:18am
I don't see him comin back at all...certainly not 2018.
5/23/2017 3:44am
During his interview last Saturday I was shocked to see his arm. Nearly 5 months in and it appears to have poor range of motion, and...
During his interview last Saturday I was shocked to see his arm. Nearly 5 months in and it appears to have poor range of motion, and looks to be super thin.

Bone injuries are one thing, but nerve damage is another. I am not trying to stir trouble here, I am just not sure we are hearing all there is to hear in regards to his situation. I certainly hope the best for him. I am a fan of his.
Are you a doctor
63mark
5/23/2017 4:05am
dsmith wrote:
63mark
5/23/2017 4:05am
dsmith wrote:
tobz
5/23/2017 5:03am
Didn't this already get discussed in another thread just the other day? Maybe we can "crack the case" with this latest thread. I believe KRoc will...
Didn't this already get discussed in another thread just the other day? Maybe we can "crack the case" with this latest thread.

Yes, it even had pics.

People just hit that new thread button so their point gets across.
NeKawBoy
5/23/2017 5:17am
Occupational therapy can work wonders...18 years ago i had a catastrophic injury to my thumb. After the surgery my doctor told me it would probably never work again...it took a lot of therapy but it eventually regained 60% of motion which is more than enough to ride. The only time i struggle with it is when I'm grabbing a large drink at a drive thru...it doesn't quite open up enough for a good grip.
I'm not sure if he'll be able to race again or not...it's too soon in the therapy process to tell. In the videos I've seen everything appears to move; shoulder, elbow, wrist, & fingers. They just haven't reached the point of moving together just yet. Will it ever be the same as before...probably not but, a great therapist will have him riding again.
5/23/2017 5:25am
bodean123 wrote:
Can't wait to see him toss that crippled looking arm in the air as he takes his first checked flag, just to see him prove all...
F.B wrote:
X2
I hope but be realistic, I have a very good friend that is a top ortho that deals with high profile athletes and he says 70/30 % chance he never gates up again. I hope he is wrong. Thank goodness he is set financially.
Being selfish I hope he comes back soon as we have a one man show at this point.
ATHEIST
Fantasy
990th
5/23/2017 5:30am
not a roc fan but would like to see him come back, sport needs him right now but don't think it will happen ,at least not at his full potential.
JB 19
5/23/2017 5:33am
I hadn't heard. Whistling
Kanewel433
5/23/2017 5:43am
His arm may look meek and slim now, but muscle memory will enable him to gain back whatever muscle he previously had a lot quicker than if he were building entirely from scratch. Christian Bale did it for the movie the Machinist - he lost tons of weight and was emaciated. Then, in less than a year, the guy was yoked up for Batman.

I'm no doctor, but I'd say he'll get enough use of his arm to race again. We've already seen him cruising around, operating a clutch on his Honda street bike/scooter. That's as good a start as we can hope for.

Best of luck KR94.
Ebs
5/23/2017 5:49am
Well aren't you just a ray of fucking sunshine.
r.sal923
5/23/2017 6:00am
I had surgery on my right hand to remove a lump that was not letting my hand work properly . The doctor said it was In a really bad spot next to a lot of major nerves. I have poor range of motion still and it has been 1.5 years. I still can't use scissors , grip to use cheese grader , cant use hand properly to brush my teeth. I end up using the palm of my hand like a small child would with poor motor skills. I have a few challenges in everyday life. But when I ride I can still do every thing I need to do, I was amazed that I could. It is hard to say if he will be back to we're he was until he starts riding.
JRT812
5/23/2017 6:05am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2017 6:06am
Good insight by the OP. Who would have thought a mangled arm that has been through multiple surgeries would have poor range of motion and look small 5 months later
kage173
5/23/2017 6:07am
If Trey can make it back then so can Roczen. He's young, world class athlete, highly motivated. Puts on him a different level than normal people.
Canadad
5/23/2017 6:26am
I realize Road racing and motocross are very different but the story of Ian Hutchinson (Hutchy) should give hope to every injured rider. What this guy went through to make his way back is nothing short of a miracle, 30 operations on a leg that should have been amputated many times over...take a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ua7QmRWHoM

On a side note, Hutchy had the privilege of riding a lap of the TT circuit with one Nicky Hayden....RIP Nicky.
Bramlett321
5/23/2017 6:33am
bodean123 wrote:
^^^^I agree with you man....look at what happened to Josh Hill and his leg. He almost lost his leg in the same way that Roczen almost lost his arm. Josh missed his window because of that but he's still an amazing talent and can ride his butt off. KRoc is younger and the injury is bad but he has time to come back. I pray he does...this sport needs him bad.
cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
5/23/2017 6:38am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2017 6:42am
These threads sure are getting old. Comparing your injury or what a "top ortho" said means absolutely nothing. Roczen went to arguably the best orthopedic clinic in the world. His surgeon and him have a goal to win again. He doesn't have a 9-5 job or a family to take care of. His current outset is to fully recover. He's using the best therapy techniques around and has a team to help him.

How about we all wait and see what happens, instead of playing doctor or letting everyone know their local ortho's (doctors who never even met Roczen) diagnosis.
jonesaustin
5/23/2017 6:47am
He's had so many surgies in a short amount of time, it hasn't been that long honestly. He's young and fit, and those doctors wouldn't have opened him back up so many times if it wasn't a very exact plan.

It's going to take time.
Camp332
5/23/2017 6:49am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2017 6:50am
Didn't this already get discussed in another thread just the other day? Maybe we can "crack the case" with this latest thread. I believe KRoc will...

Exactly Broheem! Its like these guys dont even get their guido pump before hitting the bar on a friday night in their smedium express shirt. Instead they just talk about Kenny's arm which had 12 surgeries and its still bigger than their little noodle arm!
drt410
5/23/2017 7:11am
Where did you see this? If it just looks really thin that doesn't show anything because muscle atrophy happens when your arm is immobilized. It comes right back once you can use/exercise it. Its much easier to get back to where you were strength wise than to get there initially. When you stop exercising it takes less time to get back to where you once were than to make a lot of progress when your already working out. If its just atrophy that doesnt really indicate anything. You cant see whats going on inside the arm, but if that tendon took to the bone, and the rest of the problems were fixed, muscle atrophy is the least of problems that that arm has been through.

Post a reply to: Roczen will never be the same.

The Latest