Rode the new Rockstar Edition FC450 yesterday (as seen on the homepage)

TeamGreen
2/20/2019 10:49am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2019 3:12pm
Here's the link form Klinger's write-up...
https://www.vitalmx.com/product/guide/Bikes,6/Husqvarna/FC-450-Rockstar-Edition,16680#product-reviews/896
Sean's got some sweet pics and a great video up on the homepage.

I rode his and Keefer's set-ups. The bike is very well sorted out and it sounds like the real deal...it actually sounds like the Team 450s. Is that a good thing? I'd say,"Yes!"...but, it is a bit louder than a std FC...

Keefer's set-up had a stock FC silencer on it and this bike was quitter than my stock '19 SX450F. That's a bit of a surprise. His suspension set-up was very balanced and was the softer of the 2 bikes I rode. He's a lighter than Klinger & I; so, that makes sense. His set-up was a bit slow on rebound and felt a little bit "Supercross-ish" in the rollers and jumps. That's a good thing. With the quieter silencer, the bike seems to have a smoother transition thru the mid. The ergos on this bike are typical Husky: Awesome! ...and it truly is different than the KTM thru the middle of the bike. It's a little wider with less taper into the shrouds. What I mean by that is when you look at the two bikes, KTM v Husky...from above, the KTM gets skinnier at the tank-seat junction...
The Husky is a little easier to hang on to with your knees....especially when you're adapting to it after getting off of one of the "easy knee holder" aluminum framed Japanese brands.

The Rockstar Edition seemed to pull with a little more authority thru the midrange & was "snappier" compared to a std FC. That's the little differences I noticed, engine-wise, when comparing the two versions (Rockstar to std FC).

Klinger's bike was a bit stiffer and would launch me off the jumps like Deegan at the X-Games: it was a Hoot! It still felt very nicely balanced...but, for me, much more aggressive. His combination of Hi-Speed compression (a little added to the shock) and somewhat light rebound combined with 10.6 bar in the fork made this bike a Jumping Jammer that made me want to "Sky" EVERYTHING & "blip it" Suoercross style in the air to get the back wheel back down where it belongs. Riding a bike that's a little stiffer and slower (compression) than you'd normally run will teach you a lot and can empower you to bomb a few things you normally wouldn't. This bike allowed me to attack a few things harder than I normally would have. Here's the funny thing...

Klinger's bike had the FMF 4.1 RCT Muffler that barks like Anderson's bike (std on the Rstar Edition). It's does make the experience seem "racier" & sounds pretty damn awesome. Is it louder? Sure. Does FMF have a "quiet" insert? Yes! There's even a Spark-Arrestor...BOTH, I'm told, come with the bike! I'm kinda partial to the FMF muffler with it's Blue Titanium skin and it's Carbon-Fiber cap. Btw, that's a $500 muffler! (Full dosclosure, I'm a carbon-fiber geek. My company makes the end cap).

On Sean's bike I also tested the Hole Shot Device: man....is this thing nice for a shorter guy that's trying to get a good start! I proved to myself that this thing works. Launching is waaaaaay easier with my feet firmly touching the ground! The collar that's on the fork for this device is a very factory looking part.

The Guts pleated seat cover does its job. It kept me in the saddle better than my stock/std cover. Other very nice goodies like the Blue Billet Hubs & Spoke Nipples, Blue Adjustable Split Triple Clamps, Carbon glide-plate, Rockstar Team Graphics...yada, yada, yada...it's all there. It's all very, very nice.

I'm not usually one to say,"Go with the 'Special Edition'...it's worth it!". Well, I am on this one. As you can find in Sean's write-up on the homepage...there's A LOT of extras on this bike and it works and looks amazing. If you do the math and add it all up? It's worst the price of admission for those that want all the goodies.

I want one!

See you at the track,

Manny
|
ob
2/20/2019 1:06pm
I’d buy it for the wheels??
TeamGreen
2/20/2019 1:31pm
ob wrote:
This is the 1st one of the "Editions" that makes sense to me.

Wheels complete with billet hubs ($1500+/DUBYA)
The clamps that the cool kids love complete with 20-22mm adjustment ($600)
The Carbon glide-plate ($150+...?)
The very sweeeet Hole-Shot w/fork collar in factory correct ano'd red ($100 w/ WP collar)
FMF 4.1 RCT Ti/Carbon ($500)
Guts pleated seat ($75)
Black Frame (std FC is dark blue) ($200)
Rockstar Team graphics ($100)
All the new internals in the engine ($???)

This is all just based on the idea of what you'd have to do build your own.
Helda
2/20/2019 1:49pm
ob wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
This is the 1st one of the "Editions" that makes sense to me. Wheels complete with billet hubs ($1500+/DUBYA) The clamps that the cool kids love...

The very sweeeet Hole-Shot w/fork collar in factory correct ano'd red ($100 w/ WP collar)
Guts pleated seat ($75)

But......you aren't getting the original parts that dont come on the FC so it's just the difference in the cost of the add on to the FC take the cost of original parts.
TeamGreen
2/20/2019 1:56pm
ob wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
This is the 1st one of the "Editions" that makes sense to me. Wheels complete with billet hubs ($1500+/DUBYA) The clamps that the cool kids love...

Guts pleated seat ($75)

Helda wrote:
But......you aren't getting the original parts that dont come on the FC so it's just the difference in the cost of the add on to the...
But......you aren't getting the original parts that dont come on the FC so it's just the difference in the cost of the add on to the FC take the cost of original parts.
See my last sentence...I get what you're saying. If a person thinks they're gonna build there own from a std FC is my point.

I'm looking into the cost of doing a "conversion"...

The Shop

ob
2/20/2019 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2019 2:53pm
I’ll agree they stepped it up this year, more than just graphics and a seat cover. Although the rockstar graphics would be the first thing changed if I bought one. They should do coatings on the suspension next year and lite seat foam. Those dang wheels, daaaaang pimping
drt410
2/20/2019 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/20/2019 3:11pm
I love that they now come with an fmf silencer vs a clutch cover. Ill take that change any day.

Whats weird is how exhaust companies have to make slip ons that line up to the stock header, so then their header ends up also having to follow closer to the stock tubing path than theyd otherwise have to.

I like that yosh made a specific header to go with their factory edition slip ons that is different than their regular full exhaust.

Yoshimura CRF450r factory edition headers.

vs oem replacement

this is also a new design that tucks in closer to the engine than the previous design

previous design stuck out far from engine and was prone to damage

Post a reply to: Rode the new Rockstar Edition FC450 yesterday (as seen on the homepage)

The Latest