Ronny Mac in for AUS-X OPEN??

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
10/29/2017 11:30pm
I was thinking about that... And MA can EABODEDs!
chump6784
10/30/2017 1:18am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2017 1:19am
PJRAUS wrote:
This is interesting, as far as I know the Oz X event is still an MA sanctioned event and MA is renowned for their " rules...
This is interesting, as far as I know the Oz X event is still an MA sanctioned event and MA is renowned for their " rules "
If Ronnie Mack fronts then his bike will have to go through tech inspection , those shorty fenders will be a a no no for a start. He wouldn't be allowed to race in That helmet, those fingerless gloves or the overalls either. He will have to have a clearly visible back number as well.
If he brings alcohol into the pit area ,he's gone, if he's caught drinking prior to the race he's gone ....
It will be interesting to see if there are significant changes made to his character and presentation at this event to comply ,or wether money does the talking and the promoters bribe someone at MA to allow him to do his thing.
It's an interesting thing...I hate MA with a passion, their stupid petty rules, stupid ideas and rip off ,money grabbing attitude have decimated the sport here...
I wasn't going to post anymore,but this one got the better of me...Il'll go back to being a lurker again..
All fair points on Ronnie Mac and I actually think that he should have to abide by those rules if he races in the main races. If he is only in an exhibition race then I can see the rules relaxed a little but it comes down to safety. If he collides with another rider and his chopped off front fender hits a another rider it will do more damage than the proper length one which will bend more and is already curved.

As far as the gear goes, I think he should actually have to wear the appropriate protective gear. I can't believe, with the US being so lawsuit happy, that any of the promoters allow him to ride and race in the gear that he does. Say he goes over the bars and smashes his teeth out. Every person with half a brain says stiff shit, he wore that helmet, thats his own problem but because of his injury he can't work for a while/again, now the lawyers come chasing the promoter for not enforcing a grown man to wear the proper safety equipment

As for MA, I agree. Grabbing money at every opportunity the thieving bastards
Bearuno
10/30/2017 5:34am
Older blokes like me will remember Rex Statens' run ins with the ACU ( renamed MA years later) at the Sydney Showground SX, with his 'no handers' over the jumps.

They bailed him up for "dangerous riding", or BS of that order. He dealt with the drongo bastards , saying the wind was blowing his hands off the bars. And the crowd let the ACU know what they thought of them. I think Jimmy Weinert earned their ire as well, but , do you think The Jammer listened to those jumped up f**kwits?

10/30/2017 6:47am
PJRAUS wrote:
This is interesting, as far as I know the Oz X event is still an MA sanctioned event and MA is renowned for their " rules...
This is interesting, as far as I know the Oz X event is still an MA sanctioned event and MA is renowned for their " rules "
If Ronnie Mack fronts then his bike will have to go through tech inspection , those shorty fenders will be a a no no for a start. He wouldn't be allowed to race in That helmet, those fingerless gloves or the overalls either. He will have to have a clearly visible back number as well.
If he brings alcohol into the pit area ,he's gone, if he's caught drinking prior to the race he's gone ....
It will be interesting to see if there are significant changes made to his character and presentation at this event to comply ,or wether money does the talking and the promoters bribe someone at MA to allow him to do his thing.
It's an interesting thing...I hate MA with a passion, their stupid petty rules, stupid ideas and rip off ,money grabbing attitude have decimated the sport here...
I wasn't going to post anymore,but this one got the better of me...Il'll go back to being a lurker again..
So again why not have Jimmy Albertson line up with a 98 CR250 and race as himself. Are people wanting to see the race or do they want the circus show?

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/30/2017 6:58am
Pretty sure Ronnie Mac is going there for an exhibition/demo race against Carmichael so I don't think rules will apply in that case. He'll be able to ride his bike the way it is along with his overalls, cut up helmet, etc.

It's not like he's going there to race a legit race. That would be a different story.
toroP
10/30/2017 7:34am Edited Date/Time 10/30/2017 8:50am
PJRAUS wrote:
So again why not have Jimmy Albertson line up with a 98 CR250 and race as himself. Are people wanting to see the race or do...
So again why not have Jimmy Albertson line up with a 98 CR250 and race as himself. Are people wanting to see the race or do they want the circus show?
It's weird. This character Jimmy plays was about goon riding videos. (I find DV much funnier).
Now it's just Jimmy in a Halloween costume riding like Jimmy.

PJRAUS
10/30/2017 1:10pm
So again why not have Jimmy Albertson line up with a 98 CR250 and race as himself. Are people wanting to see the race or do...
In all probability....they would be more interested in the clircus show...it's natural enough I suppose
PJRAUS
10/30/2017 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2017 1:29pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Pretty sure Ronnie Mac is going there for an exhibition/demo race against Carmichael so I don't think rules will apply in that case. He'll be able...
Pretty sure Ronnie Mac is going there for an exhibition/demo race against Carmichael so I don't think rules will apply in that case. He'll be able to ride his bike the way it is along with his overalls, cut up helmet, etc.

It's not like he's going there to race a legit race. That would be a different story.
I think you might be giving MA credit for more flexibility than any of us have ever known them to have.
Their rules in regard to supercross are particularly inflexible. To them there's no such thing as an exhibition race..If you are turning wheels on the track for any reason, very rigid rules apply...don't give them credit for thinking rationally like you are. In 36 years of experience with them as a racer, I've never known anything like this to be allowed...ever!
They are rigid!
Just an example...Have you ever been at a race event in the USA and had the officials make an announcement over the PA during the course of the day that racing will be stopped and a special riders meeting held, the roll will be called and anyone not present disqualified from the rest of the day's racing? Purpose of that one was to chastise us all over something one rider did..
Having to answer a roll call at pre race riders briefing was commonplace when I raced a lot in Victoria..
I've never known MA or their predecessors,the ACU, to have any flexibility whatsoever.

Hence if Albertson shows up as Ronnie and does his usual thing, particularly cracking a beer out on the track as a show for the fans...I will suspect bribery has taken place.

I really don't care at all, he and Ricky can do what they want in their demo race, I'd actually enjoy watching it same as most people..

It's like I said, I find this an interesting thing
10/30/2017 3:45pm
100% on the MA rules.

This will be very interesting to see what they do and if they are silly enough to set a precident. No such thing as an exibition race in MA rulebook that would allow Ronnies outfit (cut off helmet, fingerless gloves, cut down guards)

Bet he wears a full face helmet and proper gloves. No way they allow him out like that.
10/30/2017 3:47pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Pretty sure Ronnie Mac is going there for an exhibition/demo race against Carmichael so I don't think rules will apply in that case. He'll be able...

Nope not with our sanctioning body (MA).

Same rules apply to a practice day as a race day.
10/30/2017 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2017 3:55pm
100% on the MA rules. This will be very interesting to see what they do and if they are silly enough to set a precident. No...
100% on the MA rules.

This will be very interesting to see what they do and if they are silly enough to set a precident. No such thing as an exibition race in MA rulebook that would allow Ronnies outfit (cut off helmet, fingerless gloves, cut down guards)

Bet he wears a full face helmet and proper gloves. No way they allow him out like that.
But is the entire event sanctioned under MA or just the professional racing aspect of it? I really don't see a reason why the promoters of the event can't hold an exhibition race that the sanctioning body has nothing to do with. I mean if there is a half time show for the people in the stands does the MA have jurisdiction over that? I honestly have no idea so these are
genuine questions.

In my opinion if you're going to bring Ronnie Mac out let him run his usual gear or just have him stay home.
deanwhite51
Fantasy
2582nd
10/30/2017 3:56pm
I don't think its so much a circus show.. More of just entertainment. Plus ronnie mac is good for the fans, hes fun in the pits and keeps the social media side of it going which is fun. I feel the Aus X Open will be just as good as the Previous years. The Biggest things that im excited for is the smaller arena with the Million up for grabs! so many riders will want the win and being tighter and closer racing, Im keen to see some old school style racing and banging bars!
and seeing RC4 spin a few laps on a rm250?! who doesn't like the sound of that?

10/30/2017 4:06pm
But is the entire event sanctioned under MA or just the professional racing aspect of it? I really don't see a reason why the promoters of...
But is the entire event sanctioned under MA or just the professional racing aspect of it? I really don't see a reason why the promoters of the event can't hold an exhibition race that the sanctioning body has nothing to do with. I mean if there is a half time show for the people in the stands does the MA have jurisdiction over that? I honestly have no idea so these are
genuine questions.

In my opinion if you're going to bring Ronnie Mac out let him run his usual gear or just have him stay home.
They probably could and just have to have their own insurance for the exihibition event. The tricky part may be running the side show on the MA sanctioned track.

If it is a freestyle demostration.....Yes and would have to follow certain rules for freestyle by MA
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
10/30/2017 4:14pm
Did MA have any jurisdiction over the Spokes Promotions Supercross Masters back in the day? Im just wondering how they managed to squeeze the postie bike races past the MA if that was the case?

Personally Ronnie Mac isn't a huge drawcard for me, Wilson and Anderson are the big time stars. Also Ronnie is pretty niche, I wonder how many non core fans who are there to watch some sick jumps, potentially some crashes and are excited to see a backflip will understand the inside joke that he is.

Either way it'll be cool, bummer to see Chad not there, wont be the same without him, but hopefully one of the aussies can stand up and stick it to the superstars. Maybe Jay Marmont will have another crack, he was the highlight for me last year.
10/30/2017 4:28pm
But is the entire event sanctioned under MA or just the professional racing aspect of it? I really don't see a reason why the promoters of...
genuine questions.

They probably could and just have to have their own insurance for the exihibition event. The tricky part may be running the side show on the...
They probably could and just have to have their own insurance for the exihibition event. The tricky part may be running the side show on the MA sanctioned track.

If it is a freestyle demostration.....Yes and would have to follow certain rules for freestyle by MA
Interesting, thanks for the info. Can't really argue with them trying to keep people safe.
Helder
10/30/2017 5:06pm
Oh Jorge you have no idea it is beyond that I came back to MX after 7 or 8 years out of it 2 years ago and it is a fucking joke it makes me not want to race he shit MA go on with! If it wasn’t for my 5yo I’d still be out smashing the desert... MA can go fuck themselves money grabbing grubby fucks.
10/30/2017 5:29pm
haydos25 wrote:
Did MA have any jurisdiction over the Spokes Promotions Supercross Masters back in the day? Im just wondering how they managed to squeeze the postie bike...
Did MA have any jurisdiction over the Spokes Promotions Supercross Masters back in the day? Im just wondering how they managed to squeeze the postie bike races past the MA if that was the case?

Personally Ronnie Mac isn't a huge drawcard for me, Wilson and Anderson are the big time stars. Also Ronnie is pretty niche, I wonder how many non core fans who are there to watch some sick jumps, potentially some crashes and are excited to see a backflip will understand the inside joke that he is.

Either way it'll be cool, bummer to see Chad not there, wont be the same without him, but hopefully one of the aussies can stand up and stick it to the superstars. Maybe Jay Marmont will have another crack, he was the highlight for me last year.
Yes i believe they did.

Must be nothing wrong with a postie bike race as I've seen them run at heaps of events. They still have to have some basic safety items though.
Titan1
10/30/2017 6:37pm
Why is Mike Alessi making rules for aus dirt bike races?
mxwrench66
10/30/2017 7:35pm
Pretty sure ron will be his regular horny drunk self. Smashing beers and passing queers. #feedemcarp #ronsontop
PJRAUS
10/30/2017 9:19pm
Helder wrote:
Oh Jorge you have no idea it is beyond that I came back to MX after 7 or 8 years out of it 2 years ago...
Oh Jorge you have no idea it is beyond that I came back to MX after 7 or 8 years out of it 2 years ago and it is a fucking joke it makes me not want to race he shit MA go on with! If it wasn’t for my 5yo I’d still be out smashing the desert... MA can go fuck themselves money grabbing grubby fucks.
Exactly!
PJRAUS
10/30/2017 9:27pm
genuine questions.

They probably could and just have to have their own insurance for the exihibition event. The tricky part may be running the side show on the...

Yes ,rigid rules apply and particularly in New South Wales were any race track must be inspected and permitted by not only MANSW but also by the NSW department of sport and recreation and inspected by the police on their behalf.
Anyone who turns a wheel on it will have to have a race licence with supercross accreditation and comply with MA rules in regard to bike standards and safety gear.
The postie bike thing is interesting, probably granted because you can't really jump triples and pound whoops on those bikes anyway...
If Ronnie gets caught with alcohol anywhere during the race event, he's gone.
That's not to say though that they might play along with the show and allow him to have water in his beer cans..
Doubt that would happen though
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
11/9/2018 12:46pm
I'd like to see Jimmy back at the track, but keep Ronnie down under.
11/9/2018 12:49pm
He was in the results from last night in 2 stroke - moto 2 in last place and didn't get passed lap 1 so maybe crashed?
Tony922
11/9/2018 3:40pm
He was on the line in both races. He rode the clapped out old CR with sawn off guards, in his overalls and no gloves. Don't know if his bike crapped out or not (wouldn't be surprised) but didn't finish a full lap in either race.

Post a reply to: Ronny Mac in for AUS-X OPEN??

The Latest