Rookies making their pro debut this weekend?

Braaaphole
What new faces will we see out there? I know Zane Merritt and Ty Masterpool are racing. Ty is a surprise for me, I didn't know he was old enough to go pro and I don't think he's ever raced the 250. Last year at Loretta's he he raced Schoolboy on the 125. Will be interesting to see how he does, hoping to see our Texas boys put on a show. Curren Thurman will be racing too, he ran the last few SX rounds this year and did ok. He should shine outdoors, same with Zane.
|
USA
Fantasy
507th
5/16/2019 5:35pm
Derek Drake will be on TLD KTM. I seent it in one of them features on the home page.
js451
5/16/2019 6:24pm
Not really a rookie but hunter Lawrence making his AMA motocross debut I think
5/16/2019 6:54pm
Is it next season when rookie class is going to be balls deep with the "next generation" talent?? Seth Hammaker? Jo Shimoda? Carson Mumford? Lance Kobusch? Pierce Brown? Jalek Swoll?

The Shop

MX Culture
5/16/2019 7:06pm
I can tell you from announcing Supercross Futures this season, some of these guys are the real deal. Pierce is an animal on a SX track, same with Hammaker. I’ll be watching Zane outdoors for sure, great kid, but where has Kobush been all year? Haven’t seen him anywhere.
Sully
5/16/2019 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/16/2019 9:41pm
I'll bet you're fun to hang out with at parties. Such a little ray of sunshine...

Edited to actually add to the thread:
Does anyone know if Hammaker, Swoll, Shimoda, Brown, Mumford or Kobusch are moving up after Loretta's, or will they wait until SX next year?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/16/2019 9:46pm
Is it next season when rookie class is going to be balls deep with the "next generation" talent?? Seth Hammaker? Jo Shimoda? Carson Mumford? Lance Kobusch...
Is it next season when rookie class is going to be balls deep with the "next generation" talent?? Seth Hammaker? Jo Shimoda? Carson Mumford? Lance Kobusch? Pierce Brown? Jalek Swoll?
Shimoda will turn pro after LL this year.
5/16/2019 10:58pm
MX Culture wrote:
I can tell you from announcing Supercross Futures this season, some of these guys are the real deal. Pierce is an animal on a SX track...
I can tell you from announcing Supercross Futures this season, some of these guys are the real deal. Pierce is an animal on a SX track, same with Hammaker. I’ll be watching Zane outdoors for sure, great kid, but where has Kobush been all year? Haven’t seen him anywhere.
The real deal based on an 8 lap race on a track where kids on 50's are jumping everything?
Moto331
5/16/2019 11:21pm
Who’s the fastest dude that’s expected to move up this year and how do you think he will do?
Sully
5/16/2019 11:41pm
MX Culture wrote:
I can tell you from announcing Supercross Futures this season, some of these guys are the real deal. Pierce is an animal on a SX track...
The real deal based on an 8 lap race on a track where kids on 50's are jumping everything?
God forbid someone actually compliment a rider around here...
5/17/2019 2:50am
Moto331 wrote:
Who’s the fastest dude that’s expected to move up this year and how do you think he will do?
This year i would say Derek Drake is the fastest amateur coming up. But next year i think we will see Shimoda / Jett Lawrence / Mumford / Pierce Brown / Hammaker and so on
4DAIVIPAI2K5
5/17/2019 4:34am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2019 4:35am
Sully wrote:
I'll bet you're fun to hang out with at parties. Such a little ray of sunshine... Edited to actually add to the thread: Does anyone know...
I'll bet you're fun to hang out with at parties. Such a little ray of sunshine...

Does anyone know if Hammaker, Swoll, Shimoda, Brown, Mumford or Kobusch are moving up after Loretta's, or will they wait until SX next year?
The last I talked to Seth and his family, the plan was to skip Supercross and focus on a motocross the first year. But I think that will depend on what AC92 does at the end of this moto season.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
5/17/2019 4:56am
Going to be a LOT of fast dudes without rides....
If only the MFG didn't give "amateurs" a bunch of "expense" money and instead spent that money on pro's...
FuzzyLogic
5/17/2019 6:30am
Do we know which of these kids are coming in and doing a few races, as the rule for lorettas has changed, and then going back to being an "amateur" and how many are sticking around for the whole series? Is Derek Drake a full fledged TLD guy now?
meizoso
5/17/2019 6:57am
What about ty masterpool? he's on the list, not sure if he's moving up
loftyair
5/17/2019 7:10am
A couple of those names are good, but just not 'that' good.
toddh
5/17/2019 7:14am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2019 7:16am
meizoso wrote:
Didn't think he was close to being ready. Oops the rules changed. You can run one pro race per season. So maybe he's just getting his feet wet.
5/17/2019 7:18am
Sully wrote:
I'll bet you're fun to hang out with at parties. Such a little ray of sunshine... Edited to actually add to the thread: Does anyone know...

The last I talked to Seth and his family, the plan was to skip Supercross and focus on a motocross the first year. But I think...
The last I talked to Seth and his family, the plan was to skip Supercross and focus on a motocross the first year. But I think that will depend on what AC92 does at the end of this moto season.
I saw on Hanny’s Insta Story that Seth had asked him about running the 100 as his normal 510 was taken. Sounds like maybe after LL he’ll be coming up based off of that?
KAWI642
5/17/2019 8:34am
loftyair wrote:
A couple of those names are good, but just not 'that' good.
Hardy Munoz checked out on Hammaker at Lake Sugartree AQ last weekend or so I heard.
dmoore611
5/17/2019 8:43am
meizoso wrote:
toddh wrote:
Didn't think he was close to being ready. Oops the rules changed. You can run one pro race per season. So maybe he's just getting his...
Didn't think he was close to being ready. Oops the rules changed. You can run one pro race per season. So maybe he's just getting his feet wet.
I’m curious to see how well this goes for Ty. I thought Jake did well last year in Supercross so you can’t sleep on the Masterpool boys. It’s gonna be rad to have one in each class, nice work Mom and Pop!
EROCK
5/17/2019 10:22am
I know he is not "rookie", but Challen Tennant is making his return this weekend.
yzken250x
5/17/2019 7:12pm
Max Vohland is 15 now and should be moving up soon. Seen him out at a local track last weekend on an 85. Kid flys.
JB479
5/17/2019 10:27pm
Is it next season when rookie class is going to be balls deep with the "next generation" talent?? Seth Hammaker? Jo Shimoda? Carson Mumford? Lance Kobusch...
ML512 wrote:
Whats going to happen with geico? Next year they have jmart,hunter Lawrence,craig,hampshire and sexton. Jo will move up and im guessing jett lawrence will at the same time? Surely they cant make them do another year in amateurs. Thats 7 riders on geico for 2020?
Rickyisms
5/17/2019 10:43pm
MX Culture wrote:
Kobush is riding a Suzuki now which surprised me. He will most likely be at LL then pro after that I would guess. Hardy Munoz is one I can't wait to see move up, kid is no joke.
Moto331
5/17/2019 11:47pm
yzken250x wrote:
Max Vohland is 15 now and should be moving up soon. Seen him out at a local track last weekend on an 85. Kid flys.
Can’t believe he’s still on 80s
sundios
5/18/2019 1:43am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2019 1:44am
Cant wait to see Hardy Munoz rookie debut!

** How do i Embed a video?
Mavetism
5/18/2019 1:59am
ML512 wrote:
JB479 wrote:
Whats going to happen with geico? Next year they have jmart,hunter Lawrence,craig,hampshire and sexton. Jo will move up and im guessing jett lawrence will at the...
Whats going to happen with geico? Next year they have jmart,hunter Lawrence,craig,hampshire and sexton. Jo will move up and im guessing jett lawrence will at the same time? Surely they cant make them do another year in amateurs. Thats 7 riders on geico for 2020?
Craig is a crazy fast dude and a really cool guy, but if he gonna crash out again, do we really gonna see him again? I feel like other riders deserve that factory spot more.
JB479
5/18/2019 2:23am
ML512 wrote:
JB479 wrote:
Whats going to happen with geico? Next year they have jmart,hunter Lawrence,craig,hampshire and sexton. Jo will move up and im guessing jett lawrence will at the...
Mavetism wrote:
Craig is a crazy fast dude and a really cool guy, but if he gonna crash out again, do we really gonna see him again? I...
Craig is a crazy fast dude and a really cool guy, but if he gonna crash out again, do we really gonna see him again? I feel like other riders deserve that factory spot more.
Pretty sure craig and hampshire are signed through 2020

Post a reply to: Rookies making their pro debut this weekend?

The Latest