btn
btn
1 of 2
Related:
Create New Tag
Boomslang Boomslang
1/21/2020 4:45 PM

- Valentino Rossi has returned to motocross training as part of his preparations for the 2020 MotoGP season. After being ‘banned’ from motocross after suffering an injury in 2017, before suffering leg fractures later that year in an enduro training accident, the nine-time world champion is back on dirt before heading to Sepang for the Monster Yamaha team launch and the start of pre-season testing. 

Photo

mulletman mulletman
1/21/2020 4:49 PM

Too bad a factory Yamaha has never looked that good

motogrady motogrady
1/21/2020 5:06 PM

Read just the other day he told Japan he wants more power out of his motogp bike.

hamncheeze hamncheeze
1/21/2020 5:07 PM

I guess when you're number 3 or 4 on the Yamaha pecking order they are not as worried about you getting hurt on a dirt bike in the off-season ermm

Old MXer turned Superfan.

jgmxdad251 jgmxdad251
1/21/2020 5:50 PM
hamncheeze wrote:

I guess when you're number ...more

Ouch! Bet he’s not 3 or 4 pay wise.

yz25 yz25
1/21/2020 7:41 PM
Boomslang wrote:

-Valentino Rossihas ...more

Talking about someone who has made it in 2 wheel racing!!! Man has piles and piles of money to burn!

Dropbear Dropbear
1/22/2020 12:00 AM
hamncheeze wrote:

I guess when you're number ...more

jgmxdad251 wrote:

Ouch! Bet he’s not 3 or 4 ...more

There’s more to a brand than winning, that’s for sure.

Ingjr1 Ingjr1
1/22/2020 2:04 AM
motogrady wrote:

Read just the other day he ...more

Well the Yamaha is painfully slow down the straights. When a small factory such as Ducati is putting out the kind of horsepower they do, there is no reason for Yamaha to be down so much in HP.

Dirty Points Dirty Points
1/22/2020 2:09 AM
motogrady wrote:

Ingjr1 wrote:

Well the Yamaha is ...more

Lol. Small factory as Ducati. The company owned by Lamborghini, which is in turn owned by Audi, a division of Volkswagen Group, the largest conglomerate of motor vehicles in the world.

Ingjr1 Ingjr1
1/22/2020 2:11 AM
motogrady wrote:

Ingjr1 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Lol. Small factory as ...more

Yes, small. They sell maybe 1/10 the amount of bikes Yamaha does. I'm not talking about cars. It's about motorcycles which this subject is about. Kawasaki is one of the largest manufacturers in the world and they don't even compete in Motogp.

1/22/2020 2:14 AM
Ingjr1 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Ingjr1 wrote:

Yes, small. They sell ...more

Dude. Ducati is the sport bike representative of the largest motor corporation in the world. Kawaski would be a gnat on their corporate ass. Their resources are just fine compared to Yamaha or any Japanese Company, excepting maybe Toyota.

Lucifa. Lucifa.
1/22/2020 2:15 AM

I thought this guy was number 1in superbikes. Has he changed to MX?

skypig skypig
1/22/2020 7:39 AM

He’s living my dream.
Private tracks, fast cars, fast women, more motorbikes than he can ride, and someone to clean and maintain them!
Amen.

motogrady motogrady
1/22/2020 9:22 AM
Dirty Points wrote:

Ingjr1 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Dude. Ducati is the sport ...more

I dunno about that.
I know, motogp is motogp.
But I quit following World Superbike because of the new rules they put inlast year.
Its like race fixing. Kawasaki was killing all the rest,
So badly, they, the promoters, now review each race and choke the Kawasaki down so the others can kinda keep up.
Total crap imo.

skeef skeef
1/22/2020 9:57 AM
Ingjr1 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

motogrady wrote:

I dunno about that.
I ...more

You don’t know about what?? Dirty Points is right lol

Also that’s why I watch Motogp not WSB. I think motoamerica is more entertaining than WSB

jgmxdad251 jgmxdad251
1/22/2020 9:58 AM
Ingjr1 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

motogrady wrote:

I dunno about that.
I ...more

At least we have an American to root for. Go Gerlof!

backinthesaddleagain backinthesaddleagain
1/22/2020 12:05 PM

KHI is a big company. I don't know the numbers but guess the bikes are a small percentage of their financials, same with Honda, and VW.

1/22/2020 12:17 PM
Photo

actually motorcycle products only second to aerospace for KHI (numbers in yen)
1/22/2020 12:17 PM
backinthesaddleagain wrote:

KHI is a big company. I ...more

KHI Market Cap: $3B
VW Group: $100B

1/22/2020 12:19 PM
Lucifa. wrote:

I thought this guy was ...more

He often uses mx to train, and sometimes get hurt. He once said in an interview about his father, Graziano no like a the moto cross.

1/22/2020 12:21 PM
backinthesaddleagain wrote:

KHI is a big company. I ...more

Dirty Points wrote:

KHI Market Cap: $3B
VW ...more

Well I guess Kawi does pale in comparison

Motofinne Motofinne
1/22/2020 12:43 PM
Ingjr1 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

motogrady wrote:

I dunno about that.
I ...more

Well at least they are "fair" with it. Ducati got limited 300rpms if i remember correct after Bautistas dominant start to the 2019 season.

motogrady motogrady
1/22/2020 12:52 PM
Dirty Points wrote:

motogrady wrote:

I dunno about that.
I ...more

skeef wrote:

You don’t know about ...more

I dunno that if Kawasaki joined the motogp circus they wouldn't kick ass.
Sure, where are they gonna get MM or Rossi.
But to dismiss them, after the success they have in other venues, that they would just sit on their ass, I find rather amusing.

Ingjr1 Ingjr1
1/22/2020 12:58 PM

Who ever has the most money is irrelevent. Your saying that Yamaha can't find a few more HP in their MotoGP bike is ridiculous. Hell the KTM is as fast if not faster than the Yamaha. The point is Rossi needs more HP, not who has the biggest company. Way to change the whole subject of the thread.

motogrady motogrady
1/22/2020 12:59 PM
Dirty Points wrote:

motogrady wrote:

I dunno about that.
I ...more

Motofinne wrote:

Well at least they are ...more

It's not fair.
A team or factory gets a rule book.
They work their ass off.
One team is better, by along shot.
Then, because they win, multiple years, that team
gets penalized?
Even tho they follow the same rules as everyone else.
U think that's fair?
I understand the reason.
They want close racing.
People get tired of the like of Green and Rea winning, by a lot, most of the time.
They won't come to the races or tune in the TV.
But it's not right. It's race fixing by the organizers.

Tell me it's not.

motogrady motogrady
1/22/2020 1:07 PM

If I was green I'd have my riders lose until they match the lack of performance the other teams produce.
Then, when everyone is again on the same field, rpm, hp, whatever, pull the stops, kill em again have their guy pull up on the last straight, ham it up, wave to the crowd,
and let the also rans just catch up as they cross the finish line.

That, or just give everyone a trophy.

motogrady motogrady
1/22/2020 1:10 PM

How about this.
If Tomac goes on a tear from here on out, and has like 100 points over 2nd with 3 rounds left, strap 50 lbs on his bike, to level the playing field.

That's all WSK is doing.

Motofinne Motofinne
1/22/2020 1:14 PM
motogrady wrote:

I dunno about that.
I ...more

Motofinne wrote:

Well at least they are ...more

motogrady wrote:

It's not fair.
A team or ...more

With "fair" i meant that anyone that dominates WSBK will get regulated down, no matter what brand they are on.

And i agree, it's BS that they get penalized for doing a good job and investing in racing.

O&GDriller O&GDriller
1/22/2020 1:15 PM

Sort of like when the NASCAR clowns throw a yellow flag for debris on the track when the debris is spit from a driver spitting out his window. The driver who has busted his ass toi open a gap gets it taken away to allow the inferior guys to catch back up and then have a shot of taking you out.

Or the BOP (i.e., Balance of Power) nonsense Team Corvette has to deal with in IMSA nearly every year. The GM engineers work hard to produce more power and an all around faster car per the rule book than the competition. IMSA then makes them add weight to slow them down so they're effectively penalized for doing a better job than the competition.

This is the norm in society these days with the participation trophy genre. Anymore when competitors are faster/better than the competition the standards are lowered to allow the inferior participants to "play" without putting in the effort. I gave up racing sports cars due to this nonsense.

CM_84 CM_84
1/22/2020 1:41 PM
O&GDriller wrote:

Sort of like when the ...more

The sportscar BOP (balanace of performance, not power) is a bad analogy.
The GT3 class has always openly tried to keep it a level playing field, it’s required to allow cars to compete when there are rear mounted boxer 6 cars competing with front mounted V8s, Mid mounted turbo V6s and mid mounted NA V10s, It also stops manufacturers spending huge huge dollars.
I believe many of the cars in this class actually have less horsepower than the road legal cars.

If they want to design a ground up race car, they can compete in the LMP1 class, but the budget is probably 10 times as much. Toyota are spending over 100m a season I believe.
They also will also only be able to be competitive if they have a mid mounted engine, so you can say goodbye to anything that looks like the now previous generation corvette.

btn
btn
1 of 2

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry