Ryno Power Hydration Fuel

bestmx
2/23/2018 2:51am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2018 2:39pm
Just picked up my first bag of Ryno Power Hydration Fuel.

I race enduro and will be riding for 3 hours straight through. I was planning on riding with this in my camel back.

Can anyone advise if this is a good idea, or should I drink it prior to riding and just have water in my camel back?

Cheers
|
kb228
2/23/2018 2:58am
In my experience nothing has ever beaten straight water for hydration. The absolute best thing ive found is that propel water with the added electrolytes. I like that its just a pure water with no syrupy feel.
49weasel
2/23/2018 3:03am
I can’t comment on Ryno’s stuff but I swear by Skratch Lab’s hydration mix. With Gatorade or plain water I seem to piss a lot and drink more.
Tuna
2/23/2018 3:12am
49weasel wrote:
I can’t comment on Ryno’s stuff but I swear by Skratch Lab’s hydration mix. With Gatorade or plain water I seem to piss a lot and...
I can’t comment on Ryno’s stuff but I swear by Skratch Lab’s hydration mix. With Gatorade or plain water I seem to piss a lot and drink more.
I use Skratch or Eload. Both good products. Skratch is nice because it uses natural fruit and is not syrupy and bloaty.
RussB
Fantasy
866th
2/23/2018 3:14am
Do both. I mix a 500ml bottle and drink in the morning leading up to race. Then I mix another 500ml bottle, then chuck that and 1 litre of straight water into my 1.5L camelbak, creating a weaker mix.

It's worth experimenting to see what works for you. I find the energy powder stops me cramping towards the end of the 3 hours. (I use a High5 Isotonic Powder)

I notice you're from the UK too, what Enduro series are you competing in?

The Shop

Jrewing
2/23/2018 3:25am
I use my own urine I prepare the day before cut down with water.
Look it up, absolutely the best hydration
tempura
2/23/2018 3:46am
Most importantly, be well hydrated everyday in the week leading up to the event.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
2/23/2018 4:11am
bestmx wrote:
Just picked up my first bag of Ryno Power Hydration Fuel. I race enduro and will be riding for 3 hours straight through. I was planning...

I race enduro and will be riding for 3 hours straight through. I was planning on riding with this in my camel back.

Can anyone advise if this is a good idea, or should I drink it prior to riding and just have water in my camel back?

Cheers
Drink A LOT on the days before the race.
And most importantly try the hydration fuel on a ride before the race. Not everyone likes every product and not every ones stomach can handle every product.
For example I get stomach cramps from the Gatorade stuff.
Shouldn't figure that out in a race
WCRider
Fantasy
2234th
2/23/2018 5:36am
Water + BCAA + Malto.
swtwtwtw
2/23/2018 5:42am
hydrate normally all week. coca cola midway thru race, or ryno's stuff
Tpog496
2/23/2018 5:55am
Jrewing wrote:
Found Bear Grylls.
Steadman
2/23/2018 6:10am
bestmx wrote:
Just picked up my first bag of Ryno Power Hydration Fuel. I race enduro and will be riding for 3 hours straight through. I was planning...

Cheers
I race endurance events and use Ryno Power Hydration Fuel exclusively now. (on my own dime not sponsored)
I hydrate with water days leading up to the event, and drink Ryno Power the morning of and during the event. I make my ratio a little less than the recommended dose. Highly recommend!! I've been using Gatorade, Skratch Lab and Pedialyte over the years and I now prefer the Ryno Power. Easy on the stomach and it works! I've been experimenting with adding Carb Fuel in the mix with good results as well.

Good luck!
2/23/2018 6:32am
Wont comment on rynos supplements but will say I don't recommend putting anything but water in your camelback. It's impossible to truly clean them out 100% and that left over sugary whatever substance will start to grow stuff.
BAMX
2/23/2018 6:52am
There is a thread about this going on in the Offroad/Adventure section. Personally, I add a small amount of sports drink to the water in my hydration pack. If you thoroughly clean it as soon as you get home and hang it to dry, it won't grow mold. A cleaning kit with a hangar which holds the pack open to dry is a must. If you do get some funk, denture cleaning tablets work well.
tcallahan707
2/23/2018 6:55am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 6:57am
Ryno stuff is great. I water it down just a tad but I use it after about an hour into a training session or after a moto or two when at the track. I'll stick with water up until that point. I use the gladiator pre workout (also a tad watered down) on the way to the gym or track. Sometimes I'll throw a little bit of hydration fuel into my pre workout depending on how I'm feeling.

Gladiator > Water > Hydration Fuel > Protein

To answer the other question, it does have a few grams of carbs and some BCAA's but I use it mainly as an electrolyte. The Carb Fuel and Protein are better choices if you are looking for carbs and BCAA's.

The hyrdation fuel can leave a weird taste in my water bottle if I don't rinse it out within a few hours. It'll go away after a few washes and uses but it's better to just remember to take care of it. It's pretty clean stuff so I'd say give it a shot in the Camelback.
agn5009
2/23/2018 7:21am
Wont comment on rynos supplements but will say I don't recommend putting anything but water in your camelback. It's impossible to truly clean them out 100%...
Wont comment on rynos supplements but will say I don't recommend putting anything but water in your camelback. It's impossible to truly clean them out 100% and that left over sugary whatever substance will start to grow stuff.
Wash it out after using it and throw the empty bladder in the freezer. Problem solved.
Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
2/23/2018 7:32am
You can find a much higher quality BCAA/Carb mix from A1supplements or Massnutrition.com. Ryno's stuff, while I'm sure isn't bad, is pretty over priced.
bvm111
2/23/2018 7:35am
Go with the Camelback Hydration Tablets, they are made by camelback for camelbacks. You can either chose with or without caffeine and they are awesome. They are what allowed me to not be a heat casualty on my deployments. I sweat a lot and would get terrible headaches and cramps when in full Military “kit” and when I started using those it really truly helped. The flavors are good and adds a bit of carbonation with electrolytes and no sugary residue.... just rinse the bladder and hang dry!!!!
Gilby122
2/23/2018 7:45am
I actually sent a message to Ryno asking about recovery. He suggested his product, obviously, and I'm ok with that. But said if not available, water with a pinch of sea salt is best as well as half your body weight in ounces per day. Said the Pediatlyte, Gatorade, etc. is all too sugary. I appreciate his insight and taking the time to respond. Thought that was pretty cool.
cody41
2/23/2018 8:18am
I drink it during mountain bike races. You will have no problem drinking while racing.
SlS257
2/23/2018 8:53am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 8:55am
Skratch labs is where its at. Not a big fan of the Ryno hydration. I use a few of his products and love them, but Scratch is the best hydration out there IMO. Ryno stuff is fine though. Everyone is different. Ryno's stuff is good. Just be careful, it has more sugar might give you a stomach ache. Its all better then water when your riding.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/23/2018 9:01am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2018 9:27am
I’m not a dr but I have worked for a few and also 2 professors who teach health at local colleges. I shoot the shit with them and always ask about proper hydration on those hot humid days when we r soaked with sweat. ALL of them swear by water and claim the hydration drinks are well marketed unhealthy garbage
acres951
2/23/2018 9:52am
KennyT wrote:
I’m not a dr but I have worked for a few and also 2 professors who teach health at local colleges. I shoot the shit with...
I’m not a dr but I have worked for a few and also 2 professors who teach health at local colleges. I shoot the shit with them and always ask about proper hydration on those hot humid days when we r soaked with sweat. ALL of them swear by water and claim the hydration drinks are well marketed unhealthy garbage
What are their thoughts on drinking your own urine mixed with water?

Looking out for Jrewing. Got your back bro
Brap!
2/23/2018 10:51am
I discovered Skratch when I was in State Police academy. It was a boot camp style training very similar to Marine boot camp. They PT'd us to death and made us drunk tons of water. They would also provide Skratch on the especially hard days. That stuff works. It will keep the cramps away and tastes so good (we weren't allowed any sweets or condiments with our food).

I'm going to purchase some and use it during a harescramble to see how it works there.
B DUB 333
2/23/2018 1:04pm
Jrewing wrote:
Kiss me baby. Yikes, wtf
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/23/2018 1:17pm
KennyT wrote:
I’m not a dr but I have worked for a few and also 2 professors who teach health at local colleges. I shoot the shit with...
acres951 wrote:

Haha....was he serious on that? And no the urine guzzling never came up. They just felt there is too many things in those drinks that may sound good on paper but nothing is better for you than good old water and proper nutrition. And most of these clients are all retired and in their late 60’s 70’s and are n fantastic shape. The one gal who was a health professor is 75 and plays beach volleyball daily
acres951
2/23/2018 2:22pm
KennyT wrote:
acres951 wrote:

KennyT wrote:
Haha....was he serious on that? And no the urine guzzling never came up. They just felt there is too many things in those drinks that may...
Haha....was he serious on that? And no the urine guzzling never came up. They just felt there is too many things in those drinks that may sound good on paper but nothing is better for you than good old water and proper nutrition. And most of these clients are all retired and in their late 60’s 70’s and are n fantastic shape. The one gal who was a health professor is 75 and plays beach volleyball daily
Haha no idea.

You’re friends are probably right. We really tend to complicate things don’t we. And by we I mean the human race.
Asimo
2/23/2018 2:35pm
Fitness and supplements are a billion dollar scam. Sponsored athletes don't use the shit unless on camera.
The best athletes are lions, tigers, cheetahs, wolves, coyotes.. They eat real food and pond water.

The key word is supplement. BCAA's have been a 4 decades long scam. There is zero benefit except to someone's wallet.

Post a reply to: Ryno Power Hydration Fuel

The Latest