Ryno Power vs Hammer Nutrition

Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 1:21am
I hope this doesn't turn into just a favorite brand kind of thing, but looking for some actual pros/cons of each or is it really just preference?
|
5/13/2017 7:21pm
Probably just like people asking which oil they should use in their two strokes. But really man whichever you like. I really like the rynopower. Taste great and doesn't make you feel full after drinking it. I've noticed some sit kinda heavy. Kinda hard to explain. But I've used muscle milk & some type of whey stuff in the past and prefer the rynopower myself
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
5/13/2017 7:49pm
Probably just like people asking which oil they should use in their two strokes. But really man whichever you like. I really like the rynopower. Taste...
Probably just like people asking which oil they should use in their two strokes. But really man whichever you like. I really like the rynopower. Taste great and doesn't make you feel full after drinking it. I've noticed some sit kinda heavy. Kinda hard to explain. But I've used muscle milk & some type of whey stuff in the past and prefer the rynopower myself
I don't necessarily dislike Hammer, but some of their stuff doesn't taste the greatest and if you have to try and force it down, I know I won't tend to use it.
rmoto003
5/13/2017 8:02pm
Snake oil vs Snake oil, take your pick
Forty
5/13/2017 8:11pm
Hammer works

Ryno ..........

The Shop

brash
5/13/2017 8:17pm
You want protein: buy a big ass bag of ON whey ($/g food isn't as cheap as whey)
You want carbs: bag of pasta cost literally nothing
You want pre-workout: 3 scoops instant coffee and take a shit before you hit the bench bro

The supplement industry is a multi billion dollar con job.

If it's legal it's probably rubbish.

If it comes in a 10ml vial from the Balkans.... Do as the balkans do
Nighttrain
5/13/2017 8:29pm
brash wrote:
You want protein: buy a big ass bag of ON whey ($/g food isn't as cheap as whey) You want carbs: bag of pasta cost literally...
You want protein: buy a big ass bag of ON whey ($/g food isn't as cheap as whey)
You want pre-workout: 3 scoops instant coffee and take a shit before you hit the bench bro

Haha, well said!
5/13/2017 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 8:35pm
brash wrote:
You want protein: buy a big ass bag of ON whey ($/g food isn't as cheap as whey) You want carbs: bag of pasta cost literally...

Couldn't agree more (apart from your point about whey being cheaper, I feel like avoiding processed foods in any way will be better for training effect than making whey shakes a regular part of your program).

Put on ~12kgs of muscle and about 2 kgs of fat since starting to lift, haven't needed any supplements / protein powders / preworkouts / test boosters / 4 arm strong spray / name your BS.

Food > shit tasting shakes.

About the only supplement with decent literature to back up its use is creatine: https://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

Even then, the effect is not noticeable to you when you're taking it, just evident from data.
brash
5/13/2017 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 8:41pm
Last time I did the math, $/gram of protein. Whey Protein Concentrate (bought in large quantities) was cheaper than any meat/poultry/fish in Australia.

I agree with you though nothing competes with real food.

For convenience, mixing 2 scoops with some water and gulping it down beats the shit out of grilling some chicken breast.
5/13/2017 8:43pm
brash wrote:

Couldn't agree more (apart from your point about whey being cheaper, I feel like avoiding processed foods in any way will be better for training effect...
Couldn't agree more (apart from your point about whey being cheaper, I feel like avoiding processed foods in any way will be better for training effect than making whey shakes a regular part of your program).

Put on ~12kgs of muscle and about 2 kgs of fat since starting to lift, haven't needed any supplements / protein powders / preworkouts / test boosters / 4 arm strong spray / name your BS.

About the only supplement with decent literature to back up its use is creatine: https://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/

Even then, the effect is not noticeable to you when you're taking it, just evident from data.
I agree natural foods are the best method but when you get in really good shape and your metabolism starts cranking it's not realistic to eat 8 chicken breasts and 12 hard boiled eggs every day. This is why everyone reverts to shakes for a realistic and affordable meal plan. Shakes are the only feasible way to eat a perfect diet unless you are a mega millionaire with your own private chef who can prepare chicken, eggs, and spinach for you every day.

Find yourself a good protein to make shakes, mix in some greens and regular meals and you'll be good to go. Power butter is great if you like the taste of peanut butter.
visser62
5/13/2017 10:01pm
I support Hammer with almost everything. They put in the most research of anyone I've seen, and they don't hype up a bunch of bullshit.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
5/13/2017 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/13/2017 10:20pm
I was curious about Ryno power myself, seemed pricey for the amount of protein though. I use BSN's Syntha 6. Strawberry milkshake is insanely good. But they are obviously one of the leaders in that game so it's a no brainer for me. Just bought the new syntha 6 edge haven't started on that jug yet.

Main thing I've learned is every protein/brand is unique to each person. Of course some are different but any legitimate brand is good, it's all on you. I'd give Ryno power a shot if your curious, I thought about trying it eventually myself.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
5/14/2017 8:23am
Thanks for the info guys. I guess I should have given a bit more info on why I'm asking. My son takes some medication that suppresses his appetite and he races and trains pretty hard, but it is tough with meds to keep his energy up and get good nutrition in unless we use something other than 6 chicken breasts, etc.
305FC250
5/14/2017 8:40am Edited Date/Time 5/14/2017 12:07pm
I take the Ryno Power amino acids before and after riding. I've noticed it actually helps a bit with soreness and recovery. The hydration fuel drink mixed with gatorade powder is really good too, though probably not much different than just drinking gatorade. As far as protein and other supplements go, I agree with most of the other responses posted.
PFitzG38
5/14/2017 8:49am
I live on Hammer Perpetchchum (sic). Edcpevially race days. I can't hold anything down, unless I've been racing weekly for awhile and get used to the nervousness. It can literally make or break my day. You have to have fuel. I've puked my entire breakfast after practice with no supplements - the days basically over results wise
kkawboy14
5/14/2017 9:33am
They all work somewhat.....the question a guy has to ask is if it's worth the cost to you.

My experience is yes it's worth it!
5/15/2017 9:07am
Read the ingredients lists on both products. I've recently switched from Hammer which I used for years, to Ryno. The ingredients in Ryno are cleaner with no sugar to speak of. The Hydration Fuel doesn't upset my stomach the way Heed did and the Motivation is excellent for long days at the track. I came up with a great fueling protocol that works really well for me between training and racing, and I feel better than I ever have using it. I sometimes feel like Hammer expanded their offerings too deep too quickly and haven't worked to improve on the existing product (and believe me, there is room to improve).
Jeff alessi
5/15/2017 9:40am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 9:46am
The answer is ryno, not to mention the guy is a freak of nature at his age he is more obsessed with nutrition as my dad was with me n my brother riding growing up. The guy puts every minute into his craft...

Look at it like this, if your a dirt bike racer then follow a fellow racers program because he has perfected that program or like ryno developed something that racers needed. Hammer is cyclist, sucking on bags threw out a ride and a bottle always on hand. We don't get that as racers, we need everything before we get on the track.
Camp332
5/15/2017 11:04am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2017 11:11am
Eat a piece of chicken breast after your workout Bro. On really crazy workout days where I'll lift and ride the MTB hard, I'll follow up one of the workouts with a steak! The aminos in red meat are the best!
muGz.147
Fantasy
1792nd
5/15/2017 11:35am
RynoPower. I picked it up in my shop just so I could try it, as I had a lot of people I trust recommend it when I was researching. Everybody is different...but for me, I've completely integrated it into my daily/weekly gym-MTB-moto program, and it DOES make a difference. The RynoPower Gym is legit too. I'm a guy that almost NEEDS a road map and/or a daily lay out of what I should be doing as far as work outs go...the RPG took away any guess work as far as that's concerned. Workouts...yoga...diet. It's all there....easy to follow...YouTube vid tutorial style layout.
tcallahan707
5/15/2017 11:36am
Disclaimer.... I am sponsored by Ryno Power.

I am a big fan of Ryno Power. I was never a believer in supplements in the past, no matter what sport I was training for. I had more of the "eat chicken and eggs and drink chocolate milk" mentality. I think I had that mentality strictly because it was difficult to find good, consistent information regarding products and their benefits. I'm not one to buy into the voodoo marketing schemes and in general, I fall closer to the more side of the skeptical scale. Simply put, it was easier to write supplements off than it was to learn about them. After following Ryno on instagram and attending a riding school and chatting with him more, I started to realize how much this guy lives what he preaches. He's truly very well educated and experienced when it comes to taking care of his body. That opened up my mind to the idea of supplementing my training.

I bought some of the protein and really liked it. Tasted great, knew it wasn't full of random crap, and appreciated the easy boost to my protein intake post workout. I didn't replace real food with it but actually supplemented my diet. I'd just make a shake to enjoy with my eggs in the morning and still have meat for dinner. I've since added the hydration fuel (way less sugar than gatorade) and gladiator pre-workout to my workouts and track days. I have tried all the capsules and whatnot and didn't notice much impact. At the end of the day, I've learned that the protein, hydration fuel, and gladiator are what works for me.

I think at the end of the day, the best thing you can do is to try and gather information yourself instead of from a marketing campaign, then just try a few things and figure out which works for you.

Just to be clear, I bought the product, liked it, then pursued a sponsorship with them since I knew I wanted that product to be a part of my program. I am that way with every sponsor I have. I don't promote companies that I don't believe in because I want to be honest with my opinions/reviews.
tcallahan707
5/15/2017 11:41am
Disclaimer.... I am sponsored by Ryno Power. I am a big fan of Ryno Power. I was never a believer in supplements in the past, no...

I am a big fan of Ryno Power. I was never a believer in supplements in the past, no matter what sport I was training for. I had more of the "eat chicken and eggs and drink chocolate milk" mentality. I think I had that mentality strictly because it was difficult to find good, consistent information regarding products and their benefits. I'm not one to buy into the voodoo marketing schemes and in general, I fall closer to the more side of the skeptical scale. Simply put, it was easier to write supplements off than it was to learn about them. After following Ryno on instagram and attending a riding school and chatting with him more, I started to realize how much this guy lives what he preaches. He's truly very well educated and experienced when it comes to taking care of his body. That opened up my mind to the idea of supplementing my training.

I bought some of the protein and really liked it. Tasted great, knew it wasn't full of random crap, and appreciated the easy boost to my protein intake post workout. I didn't replace real food with it but actually supplemented my diet. I'd just make a shake to enjoy with my eggs in the morning and still have meat for dinner. I've since added the hydration fuel (way less sugar than gatorade) and gladiator pre-workout to my workouts and track days. I have tried all the capsules and whatnot and didn't notice much impact. At the end of the day, I've learned that the protein, hydration fuel, and gladiator are what works for me.

I think at the end of the day, the best thing you can do is to try and gather information yourself instead of from a marketing campaign, then just try a few things and figure out which works for you.

Just to be clear, I bought the product, liked it, then pursued a sponsorship with them since I knew I wanted that product to be a part of my program. I am that way with every sponsor I have. I don't promote companies that I don't believe in because I want to be honest with my opinions/reviews.

Camp332
5/15/2017 12:23pm
I'm a believer in these supplements for them to do just that. "Supplement" your diet of real food. These drinks in addition to your meals can help you meet your nutritional numbers. MACROS BRO!
5/15/2017 12:42pm
Camp332 wrote:
I'm a believer in these supplements for them to do just that. "Supplement" your diet of real food. These drinks in addition to your meals can...
I'm a believer in these supplements for them to do just that. "Supplement" your diet of real food. These drinks in addition to your meals can help you meet your nutritional numbers. MACROS BRO!
Bro, I do Ryno. Yesterday I pulled a 27 foot maple tree up by the roots.
Camp332
5/15/2017 12:54pm
Bro, I do Ryno. Yesterday I pulled a 27 foot maple tree up by the roots.
Bro, you ARE a Ryno!
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
5/15/2017 1:59pm
Everything in those concoctions can be purchased individually and fine tuned based on your needs. BCAAs, creative, beta alanine, l-arginine (not recommended if he has arm pump issues), caffeine and sugar can be bought and blended with specific potencies. The things listed above are amino acids, stimulant and simple carbs. For protein, go with ON bulk. It's clean and the price is reasonable.
5/15/2017 3:09pm
Ryno? Hammer? Supplements???
Like Rocky Balboa, I just eat lightning and crap thunder.
Works for me.
BTW: if you have to take supplements in order to gain weight, I hate you.
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
5/15/2017 3:37pm
Couldn't agree more (apart from your point about whey being cheaper, I feel like avoiding processed foods in any way will be better for training effect...

Just ask Millsaps about creatine Grinning That or be mindful about whether you suffer more from arm pump whilst taking it.
motodad121
5/16/2017 2:40pm
Personally, I like Ryno Power best. They have a great sponsorship program and awesome customer service. They helped me understand what supplements work best for me and my boys. They have all the top riders in the industry...these guys train harder than anyone and wouldn't be taking Ryno Power if it wasn't the best thing for them and their careers. Its a no brainier for me. I'd check them out for sure!
Cheddar
5/16/2017 6:44pm
You should consider Skratch Labs along with Hammer and Ryno Power. They have a hydration mix, recovery, and "rescue rehydration" formula.

Post a reply to: Ryno Power vs Hammer Nutrition

The Latest