SNOCROSS

11/24/2017 10:34am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2017 8:14pm
Just a heads up for anyone interested, the Amsoil Championship Snocross season starts today. It’s all free to watch via Livestream.

http://snocross.com/livestream/

Former champ Tucker Hibbert is looking to reclaim his crown lost last year to fellow MXer Kody Kamm.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/24/2017 10:45am
Just a heads up for anyone interested, the Amsoil Championship Snocross season starts today. It’s all free to watch via Livestream. http://snocross.com/livestream/ Former champ Tucker Hibbert...
Just a heads up for anyone interested, the Amsoil Championship Snocross season starts today. It’s all free to watch via Livestream.

Former champ Tucker Hibbert is looking to reclaim his crown lost last year to fellow MXer Kody Kamm.
Was going to start a thread in non-moto to see if anyone on here follows the sport. I'm a big snocross fan and have been watching since I was a kid.

Today's opening ceremonies is at 5pm Central Time. Today is just the Amsoil Dominator Race. Real racing starts tomorrow.

The Amsoil Dominator Race puts 2 riders on the track in a bracket style race. The winner after 2 or 3 laps moves on to the next round. Winner takes home 10K.

The stream is completely free and in HD. I wish they would get better announcers for the series. One of the guys keeps saying the drivers instead of riders and it gets on my nerves everytime he says it. Anything with handlebars you ride and anything with a steering wheel you drive. You don't drive a bicycle you ride a bicycle.

Should be a good season. Sucks that Elias Ischoel is going to miss the first 4 rounds though.
11/24/2017 11:05am
Just a heads up for anyone interested, the Amsoil Championship Snocross season starts today. It’s all free to watch via Livestream. http://snocross.com/livestream/ Former champ Tucker Hibbert...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Was going to start a thread in non-moto to see if anyone on here follows the sport. I'm a big snocross fan and have been watching...
Was going to start a thread in non-moto to see if anyone on here follows the sport. I'm a big snocross fan and have been watching since I was a kid.

Today's opening ceremonies is at 5pm Central Time. Today is just the Amsoil Dominator Race. Real racing starts tomorrow.

The Amsoil Dominator Race puts 2 riders on the track in a bracket style race. The winner after 2 or 3 laps moves on to the next round. Winner takes home 10K.

The stream is completely free and in HD. I wish they would get better announcers for the series. One of the guys keeps saying the drivers instead of riders and it gets on my nerves everytime he says it. Anything with handlebars you ride and anything with a steering wheel you drive. You don't drive a bicycle you ride a bicycle.

Should be a good season. Sucks that Elias Ischoel is going to miss the first 4 rounds though.
LOL, Mike Schroeder...

Yeah, he can be annoying as shit.

One thing I just realized is there are no more mod sleds in the Pro Open class. Now, they run stock sleds with “obscured” headlights and different, louder exhaust silencers. Definitely a bummer!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/24/2017 11:51am

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Was going to start a thread in non-moto to see if anyone on here follows the sport. I'm a big snocross fan and have been watching...

LOL, Mike Schroeder... Yeah, he can be annoying as shit. One thing I just realized is there are no more mod sleds in the Pro Open...
LOL, Mike Schroeder...

Yeah, he can be annoying as shit.

One thing I just realized is there are no more mod sleds in the Pro Open class. Now, they run stock sleds with “obscured” headlights and different, louder exhaust silencers. Definitely a bummer!
Yep. Can't stand Schroeder. LOL. I don't know how many times I let them know about it in the chat feature.

That's weird because I could of sworn I saw a pic of the new Ski-Doo RS fitted with twin pipes. Pretty sure I saw an Artic Cat as well.

If that's the case there's practically no difference between the Pro class and Pro Lite class since last year Pro Lite could run an after market exhaust. Sounds like the only difference between the 2 classes now is talent.

#BringBackMods
#TwinPipesSavesLives
bh84
Fantasy
1853rd
11/24/2017 11:51am
You mean quad racing on snow?

The Shop

SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
11/24/2017 12:08pm
The old days Greg Creamer was the announcer, he did a great job. The new people not so much.
11/24/2017 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2017 1:36pm
bh84 wrote:
Raced Snocross for many years, Sucks that they neutered Pro open mod. I will be attending the race in Jackson in two weeks. Most of these guys are pretty fast on bikes too. Not many quad guys race snocross but thanks for adding that you don't know jack BH 84
deluxeman
11/24/2017 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2017 12:39pm
Love SnoCross, hate the broadcast's. Hope Tucker comes back and dominates, it is fun to watch him start 8th, get pushed off in the 2nd corner and come back to win by 8 seconds in 20 laps. Not sure he can do it anymore, everyone else got faster and their sleds (Polaris) got better as well.

With Elias Ischoel being out for the first 4 at least there won't be as much crashing. He is fast and wild, when he gets it figured out he will be the champ.
250John
11/24/2017 12:56pm
Snocross is great. Just guessing, bh84 has not spent much time riding sleds. you don't know what your missing out on.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/24/2017 1:22pm
bh84 wrote:
Raced Snocross for many years, Sucks that they neutered Pro open mod. I will be attending the race in Jackson in two weeks. Most of these...
Raced Snocross for many years, Sucks that they neutered Pro open mod. I will be attending the race in Jackson in two weeks. Most of these guys are pretty fast on bikes too. Not many quad guys race snocross but thanks for adding that you don't know jack BH 84
New addition to the schedule this year. What kind of venue is Snow King mountain? I love the longer tracks. Short oval tracks are too simple. No track map out yet but I hope they take full advantage of the venue if it's a ski resort.
11/24/2017 1:35pm
Snow king mountain isn't very big. They run the world championship snowmobile hillclimbs there every year. They could make a good track going up half way up the hill and then coming down like the old x games tracks used to be. I'm excited for the event nevertheless.
11/24/2017 1:37pm
I grew up racing snowmobiles through ISOC but I will not attend a race now that they don't have open mods. I hope it hurts their sales.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/24/2017 1:43pm
Snow king mountain isn't very big. They run the world championship snowmobile hillclimbs there every year. They could make a good track going up half way...
Snow king mountain isn't very big. They run the world championship snowmobile hillclimbs there every year. They could make a good track going up half way up the hill and then coming down like the old x games tracks used to be. I'm excited for the event nevertheless.
Well anything is better than Deadwood, South Dakota. That venue/track absolutely sucks. They need to replace it with something better.

Just a heads up, you'll get to see snowbike racing if you go on the Friday.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
11/24/2017 1:48pm
This is a large track for Duluth, only other time I remember it larger was the 2008-2009 year . We had a rhythm down the other hill and back up like this year but maybe a little longer.
Jbulz
Fantasy
3981st
11/24/2017 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2017 2:16pm
Man those Makita Ski-Doo G4 RSs are badass looking
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/24/2017 3:32pm
Jbulz wrote:
Man those Makita Ski-Doo G4 RSs are badass looking
I'm a Ski-Doo fan since day one so I agree lol. All Ski-Doo teams look good.

Warnert Racing/Makita

BOSS Racing/Jimmy John's/XPS

Scheuring Speed Sports/Air Force/Amsoil

Rhino
11/24/2017 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2017 3:55pm
I find it funny, or sad, that a seasonal sport, and a small one at that considering snocross died off out west for mostly hillclimbs and hillcross where the mod sleds basically have no limits to what you can do, can get big name sponsors up the ass.

Why can't moto get/keep sponsors? Is it because Bros are trying to be business men?

I mean the snocross side of sport is now basically midwest and upper new England, and their snow season is only 1/2 the length of the western states including California.
From what Ive heard from dealers is the mountain market is massive in comparison now because of the long snow seasons from late Sept Thru June-July. And the aftermarket demand is damn near that of side by sides.

yak651
Fantasy
168th
11/24/2017 4:35pm
Rhino wrote:
I find it funny, or sad, that a seasonal sport, and a small one at that considering snocross died off out west for mostly hillclimbs and...
I find it funny, or sad, that a seasonal sport, and a small one at that considering snocross died off out west for mostly hillclimbs and hillcross where the mod sleds basically have no limits to what you can do, can get big name sponsors up the ass.

Why can't moto get/keep sponsors? Is it because Bros are trying to be business men?

I mean the snocross side of sport is now basically midwest and upper new England, and their snow season is only 1/2 the length of the western states including California.
From what Ive heard from dealers is the mountain market is massive in comparison now because of the long snow seasons from late Sept Thru June-July. And the aftermarket demand is damn near that of side by sides.

Yep and although entry fees were high, was nice when I raced snocross the semi-pro class (equivalent to B moto) would get cash payback, least would have a chance to make some money back
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
11/24/2017 4:40pm
Rhino wrote:
I find it funny, or sad, that a seasonal sport, and a small one at that considering snocross died off out west for mostly hillclimbs and...

yak651 wrote:
Yep and although entry fees were high, was nice when I raced snocross the semi-pro class (equivalent to B moto) would get cash payback, least would...
Yep and although entry fees were high, was nice when I raced snocross the semi-pro class (equivalent to B moto) would get cash payback, least would have a chance to make some money back
I haven't raced snocross since 09, but looking at isocs website payout for pro lite is much smaller than the old days as well as pro payout

Jbulz
Fantasy
3981st
11/24/2017 4:52pm
I've only been into sleds for a few years, but it's pretty disappointing that there aren't any local race series around. It looks like there are 2 rounds of a x-country series in NY, but there was no snow the last 2 years.

If we could keep snow on the moto tracks around here it seems like a good way local tracks to make some extra money during the winter.
hyler199
11/24/2017 5:22pm
Jbulz wrote:
I've only been into sleds for a few years, but it's pretty disappointing that there aren't any local race series around. It looks like there are...
I've only been into sleds for a few years, but it's pretty disappointing that there aren't any local race series around. It looks like there are 2 rounds of a x-country series in NY, but there was no snow the last 2 years.

If we could keep snow on the moto tracks around here it seems like a good way local tracks to make some extra money during the winter.
I always thought itd be cool if there were any GNCC tracks that get covered in snow to open up the ATV/sidebyside track open for a winter snowmobile XC

or just some sort of XC/enduro/rally kinda racing.

Anyways the ladies final was a podium of babes it looked like i just tuned in.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/24/2017 5:50pm
Jbulz wrote:
I've only been into sleds for a few years, but it's pretty disappointing that there aren't any local race series around. It looks like there are...

hyler199 wrote:
I always thought itd be cool if there were any GNCC tracks that get covered in snow to open up the ATV/sidebyside track open for a...
I always thought itd be cool if there were any GNCC tracks that get covered in snow to open up the ATV/sidebyside track open for a winter snowmobile XC

or just some sort of XC/enduro/rally kinda racing.

Anyways the ladies final was a podium of babes it looked like i just tuned in.
They have cross country snowmobile racing.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/24/2017 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2017 5:56pm
Jbulz wrote:

I see you're from NY so if you like snocross check out the East Coast Snocross Series. They race in NY, CT, VT, ME.
MX Culture
11/24/2017 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 7:36am
I announced the first few rounds of This series in 2012.
Mike didn't like that I said riders, he said they're drivers and I kept saying riders anyways.
They only paid 300 a weekend and no expenses.
I told them I wanted more and they told me take it or leave it, so I left.

Everyone told me I killed it and I really enjoyed it too and still follow the sport.
It's just hard for me to listen now.
Kody won the Dominator tonight so that's cool.
richter28
Fantasy
260th
11/25/2017 7:17am
MX Culture wrote:
I announced the first few rounds of This series in 2012. Mike didn't like that I said riders, he said they're drivers and I kept saying...
I announced the first few rounds of This series in 2012.
Mike didn't like that I said riders, he said they're drivers and I kept saying riders anyways.
They only paid 300 a weekend and no expenses.
I told them I wanted more and they told me take it or leave it, so I left.

Everyone told me I killed it and I really enjoyed it too and still follow the sport.
It's just hard for me to listen now.
Kody won the Dominator tonight so that's cool.
That red #1 looks gooooooood...
Bogger
11/25/2017 7:10pm
Tucker was flying in that final. He has an amazing record in snocross and still going strong.
11/25/2017 7:39pm
Bogger wrote:
Tucker was flying in that final. He has an amazing record in snocross and still going strong.
Yeah, he looked pretty good. I still think he’s missing something from a couple years ago. Granted, he’s been doing it for what seems like forever and time inevitably takes its toll. He, Kamm and at times Tremblay are still on another level. As long as Tucker starts with or ahead of those guys consistently, I think his chances are good to get title number 11. It seems like he can’t come through the pack with ease like in the past.

Lots of praise for the new Arctic Cat race sled, and they seemed to be way better on starts compared to past years.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/25/2017 9:11pm
Bogger wrote:
Yeah, he looked pretty good. I still think he’s missing something from a couple years ago. Granted, he’s been doing it for what seems like forever...
Yeah, he looked pretty good. I still think he’s missing something from a couple years ago. Granted, he’s been doing it for what seems like forever and time inevitably takes its toll. He, Kamm and at times Tremblay are still on another level. As long as Tucker starts with or ahead of those guys consistently, I think his chances are good to get title number 11. It seems like he can’t come through the pack with ease like in the past.

Lots of praise for the new Arctic Cat race sled, and they seemed to be way better on starts compared to past years.
Doing it forever is an understatement lol. This is his 18th pro season.

Still pretty pissed they went away with the mods. Not sure who's/was behind that decision but he/they clearly wasn't/weren't thinking straight when that decision was made. I just think there's not enough difference between the Pro Lite class and Pro class now. In the previous years I didn't even have to look at the screen to know it was the Pro Open class on track and now I have to look at the screen and see which class is written on the screen. I know the Pro Lite class have the unobstructed headlights but still.

I'll give it to ISOC that they aren't afraid to try new things to see if they work or not. It seems like they make changes to the series every year and you don't see any shortage of riders showing up so they're doing something right.

Tomorrow's opening ceremonies starts at noon EST.

Side Note: They have to get rid of the Schroeder guy. I really can't stand him saying drivers and independent driver a thousand times during the broadcast. It's RIDER/S and PRIVATEER/S FFS. Colby Crapo is an ex racer and is new to the announcing gig but he needs to practice a lot. He should of been practicing over the course of the summer. Hopefully he'll get better because as a racer he's got knowledge and a different point of view.
11/25/2017 9:24pm
I miss the ESPN days with Greg Creamer, Marty Reid and at times Paul Page. I had the 97-2000 seasons on VHS but wore them out or lost them years ago. The production was so much more professional. Miss those days...
11/25/2017 9:27pm
I think it would be awesome for them to bring in Blair Morgan, but he’s probably not interested. Not sure if he’s still helping Tremblay or not. Levi Lavallee would probably be great in the booth also.
motox11
11/26/2017 5:13am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Doing it forever is an understatement lol. This is his 18th pro season. Still pretty pissed they went away with the mods. Not sure who's/was behind...
Doing it forever is an understatement lol. This is his 18th pro season.

Still pretty pissed they went away with the mods. Not sure who's/was behind that decision but he/they clearly wasn't/weren't thinking straight when that decision was made. I just think there's not enough difference between the Pro Lite class and Pro class now. In the previous years I didn't even have to look at the screen to know it was the Pro Open class on track and now I have to look at the screen and see which class is written on the screen. I know the Pro Lite class have the unobstructed headlights but still.

I'll give it to ISOC that they aren't afraid to try new things to see if they work or not. It seems like they make changes to the series every year and you don't see any shortage of riders showing up so they're doing something right.

Tomorrow's opening ceremonies starts at noon EST.

Side Note: They have to get rid of the Schroeder guy. I really can't stand him saying drivers and independent driver a thousand times during the broadcast. It's RIDER/S and PRIVATEER/S FFS. Colby Crapo is an ex racer and is new to the announcing gig but he needs to practice a lot. He should of been practicing over the course of the summer. Hopefully he'll get better because as a racer he's got knowledge and a different point of view.
I put in motos with Corin Todd a lot during the summer since we only live 20 minutes apart so I'm always happy to see him have success, but I cringe now every time Schroeder mentions him because I know the word "independent" is coming. Don't even get me started on calling them drivers... Serious pet peeves of mine.

Post a reply to: SNOCROSS

The Latest