SX "B" main idea by Matthes..

RangerLee
10/11/2017 5:25pm
Going to 2 or 3 moto mains does not bother me. It is worth trying, and very well could lead to better racing, at least more intrigue.

How many times did a bad start or a simple fall or stall mess up what coiukd have been a great battle. Now there will be another chance.
Johnny Depp
10/11/2017 6:02pm
RangerLee wrote:
Going to 2 or 3 moto mains does not bother me. It is worth trying, and very well could lead to better racing, at least more...
Going to 2 or 3 moto mains does not bother me. It is worth trying, and very well could lead to better racing, at least more intrigue.

How many times did a bad start or a simple fall or stall mess up what coiukd have been a great battle. Now there will be another chance.
I like that we see the top riders 3 times instead of 2, that is great. I have to assume the races will be shorter, and conditioning becomes less of a factor, although long races mostly get boring with no passing taking place after the 1st few laps. 3 chances is going to be much more definitive who is the fastest on a given night, no fluke crashes or breakdowns will happen 3 times.
dirtdog36
10/11/2017 6:39pm
It looks like the intermission program is already filled by the KTM 50's again. (I hope they don't break any of those kids in half:woohoo: )...
It looks like the intermission program is already filled by the KTM 50's again. (I hope they don't break any of those kids in halfWoohoo ). https://motocrossactionmag.com/inside-ktms-2018-junior-supercross-progr…

Since we still don't have any official announcement of the format, we may or may not have semi's to get into the (supposed) 3 main event motos? We don't know how much time is left in the program to fill, they could be making it shorter?

I am not a fan of the 3 main event format, although I think it's better than what we have now. I'd prefer 4 quarterfinals, 2 semi's and a main.
Johnny
I agree with most of your post but this one

Ktm 50 are not allowed to double any jump on the track and that is how they keep them safe. Wouldn't wrk for super minis

Every year at Monster cup I am scared that we are going to see some super mini kid die on live tv. They have gotten way better than in the past... the MGM Grand Arena was littered with broken arms and legs of mini riders trying to ride on a full blown Sx/Ax track during the US open

I totally get where you are coming from but i think we would see a lot of carnage
Johnny Depp
10/11/2017 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2017 8:27pm
It looks like the intermission program is already filled by the KTM 50's again. (I hope they don't break any of those kids in half:woohoo: )...
It looks like the intermission program is already filled by the KTM 50's again. (I hope they don't break any of those kids in halfWoohoo ). https://motocrossactionmag.com/inside-ktms-2018-junior-supercross-progr…

Since we still don't have any official announcement of the format, we may or may not have semi's to get into the (supposed) 3 main event motos? We don't know how much time is left in the program to fill, they could be making it shorter?

I am not a fan of the 3 main event format, although I think it's better than what we have now. I'd prefer 4 quarterfinals, 2 semi's and a main.
dirtdog36 wrote:
Johnny I agree with most of your post but this one Ktm 50 are not allowed to double any jump on the track and that is...
Johnny
I agree with most of your post but this one

Ktm 50 are not allowed to double any jump on the track and that is how they keep them safe. Wouldn't wrk for super minis

Every year at Monster cup I am scared that we are going to see some super mini kid die on live tv. They have gotten way better than in the past... the MGM Grand Arena was littered with broken arms and legs of mini riders trying to ride on a full blown Sx/Ax track during the US open

I totally get where you are coming from but i think we would see a lot of carnage
I thought it was understood that track builders would have to manage the risks of amateurs on 85's and have them ride a shorter, easier track. Similar to what has always been done with the 50's. It is easily doable. I am not looking for the gladiators and the lions, of course keep it safe. It isn't beyond their skill level to put on a good show safely.

Another reason I propose 85's is the 450's/250's look and sound and run the same. 125's would be a viable alternative to give a different sound, but they don't provide a size difference and there aren't enough of them to fill amateur gates. 85's are also easily sustainable long term, there would always be full starting gates. KTM and the 50's is probably a good revenue source for Feld, I'd assume entry fees would offset that. It's likely a moot point since with the 50's already signed up, more mini's in the show is not likely to happen.

I would rather see races that matter than a "DNQ" moto when it comes to filling out the show.

The Shop

Post a reply to: SX "B" main idea by Matthes..

The Latest