SX Race Companion (for those who don't like the FS1 broadcast team)

Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:45am

Tonight, Over The Bars is going live on facebook to bring you a core braodcast you won't find on TV.

No mention of what color a Honda is, nor a SX101 breakdown. Our live Race Companion podcast is for the audience that already understands supercross and wants a call better suited for their level of experience.

OTB brings a more dynamic Eckman/Bailey approach take, from the perspective of a professional announcer and a known color analyst.

Watch FS1 on your TV, listen to OTB on your speakers.

Over The Bars FB

|
downard254
1/6/2018 8:49am
Well that could actually be pretty cool, so long as there’s no delay between the two broadcasts
JW381
1/6/2018 8:54am
Cool idea actually going to try this
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
1/6/2018 9:48am
Cool. Do you have to have a Facebook account or can you just watch it?
flatout111
1/6/2018 9:54am
Good idea. I enjoy Ralph and Fro but any mention of Eckman/Bailey gets my attention.

Question. Will this be available archived on the OTB podcast? That would be cool to re-listen to. I used to do that with the Weege/Holley audio webcast.

The Shop

1/6/2018 10:51am
imoto34 wrote:
Cool. Do you have to have a Facebook account or can you just watch it?
You can watch without needing an account. Just follow the link and watch the live feed.
1/6/2018 10:53am
flatout111 wrote:
Good idea. I enjoy Ralph and Fro but any mention of Eckman/Bailey gets my attention. Question. Will this be available archived on the OTB podcast? That...
Good idea. I enjoy Ralph and Fro but any mention of Eckman/Bailey gets my attention.

Question. Will this be available archived on the OTB podcast? That would be cool to re-listen to. I used to do that with the Weege/Holley audio webcast.
Yes it will be available tomorrow morning on the OTB iTunes and Stitcher channels, along with all OTB content.
cason402
1/6/2018 11:38am
that is a great idea.... thanks.

i knew i couldn't be alone in realizing that you can call a race and have a colour commentator... and not think you have to talk to people like they're ignorant.

when was the last time an nfl commentator explained first down and ten?

humans are pretty smart if you give'm a chance.
1/6/2018 6:51pm
Damn. Im gunna be at a bar watching the sx but id give it a listen. you going to do it for any other rounds?
flatout111
1/7/2018 9:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 10:00pm
For those interested, Jeff and Mike's Race Companion is now up on the OTB podcast to listen to. I, personally, like Ralph and Fro but still have always wanted the Supercross audio webcast back with Damiani/Holley then Weege/Holley because it was for the hardcore fans like us. I'd always listen to the archives thru the week as I travel all week and it's a great way to listen to the race even after seeing it.

THIS is probably as close as I'll get to that. I thank Jeff and Mike and think they did a great job. Hope to have this all season long.
1/7/2018 10:08pm
I am all in for this.

Finally a alternative to listening to Emig & Barf.

Well, Emig doesnt bother me.
Ted722
1/7/2018 10:24pm
Sampled different parts of the replay podcast. Good stuff throughout. I'll look forward to listening live while in the garage wrenching or driving somewhere. Also, would be cool to listen to this if you're at the race too.
downard254
1/8/2018 3:59am
What we need, is a little Larry Huffman. Man that dude really got into the evening race action.
1/8/2018 6:41am
Thanks for the positive words my friends. We will be back at it on Saturday night again this week for Houston. I’ll post the links and info on Saturday evening.
1/8/2018 6:42am
Also our audio has been archived and is playable on iTunes and Stitcher. Search “over the bars” in your podcasting app to find us.
flatout111
1/8/2018 7:10am
Thanks, Jeff. Both of you do an excellent job. Especially for your first race companion. Mike Garrison is really on an elite find for pbp. He is very much in an Eckman/Damiani/Weege vibe. Which is a huge compliment. You guys have hit on something here that I've wanted for years since the audio webcast was taken off and I wish you guys success.

Really nice to get in depth pbp and analysis. In most cases, in sports, radio broadcasts are generally more detailed. I enjoy that and I understand Ralph and Fro have to cater more to everyone where you guys can cater to the hardcore fans. That is awesome.
donman
1/13/2018 9:18am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:38am
bumpity-bump!

I do have a question as I wasn't able to check it out last weekend. How was the syncing of the FB stream to the FS1 broadcast for those who tried it? I'm looking forward to trying it out tonight.

Thank you Jeff & Mike for coming up with this, it's brilliant and definitely needed!!!
flatout111
1/13/2018 9:45am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 9:45am
I totally like Ralph and Fro but let's be honest. It's their job to cater to the casual and new fan more than the obsessed SX/MX fan like us Vitards. My favorite way to listen to SX was always Chad Damiani/Jim Holley then Weege/Holley on the much missed Supercross Live audio webcast. I was bummed when that went away since it was for the hardcore fan like me/us. Mike and Jeff do a great job of getting that back. The first broadcast was great and I actually listened to the entire thing again during the work week. Driving all week gives plenty of time for all moto podcasts and the Race Companion i now at the top of the list along with Matthes' stuff.

Mike Garrison is a super strong pbp guy, one of the best, right up there with Weege and Art. And Jeff does a great job on color. If anything I wish they could go even more in-depth. My only critique was a few small things like they didn't know Bogle was out. But, seriously, that is a small gripe.

But for sure, guys. This is gold, either during the actual race or re-listening on the OTB Race Companion podcast.

Highly recommended!!

Post a reply to: SX Race Companion (for those who don't like the FS1 broadcast team)

The Latest