Screwed out of track walk at A2

1/20/2018 11:21pm
As a last minute thing, my dad and I were able to acquire promoter track walk passes. We were given minimal information, but we knew it was after the LCQs. Clearly the organizers did not adjust this accordingly to the triple crown rounds because of course we wanted to watch Chad race to the main before we headed over.

We assumed we could enter by the right field foul pole where we saw people lining up for it in the tunnel, but the moronic security made us walk all the way around through the pits, only to discover we were too late (even though the track walk director had just taken the rest of the group to the track and we could have easily run to catch up) we weren't the only ones who got screwed out of this cause we assumed "how can the track walk begin if the bikes are still out there?"

Essentially we would have had to miss the lcqs to do the track walk, and I personally was happier to see the LCQs, and honestly we should have expected these people to be incredibly incompetent. But if I was a dad with a younger kid in this scenario I would have been outraged.

Hope this thread can warn people who have a similar scenario in the future, and bring attention to the stupidity of some people working these things.
|
enketchum
1/21/2018 7:47am
I'm sorry you had a problem. I am very empathetic to your feelings. I would feel sad and mad. Maybe it will happen again?
Goulding
1/21/2018 6:14pm
Don’t feel bad. You never missed much. Last year I went to Toronto sx. About a week before the race I get a email to do “VIP track walk” so I jumped at it. $60 each. Was right after qualifying. We waited in line and finally got to check out the track. I was more interested in checking out the rythem sections and whoops. So we walked out on the track went to the triple. Walked over that and if common sense would tell you at a “track walk” you are walking the full track. So I rounded the corner to go across the whoops. NOPE! Got to the first one and three people made a ball at me. All we walked was one triple, the finish line and start gate. What a waste of money!!!
Lucifa.
1/21/2018 6:27pm
Did they not tell you what time to be there and where to meet?
nytsmaC
1/21/2018 6:33pm
You should sue, this sounds like a real travesty.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
1/21/2018 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 6:43pm
So, given last minute passes, with minimal info, and assumptions made? Sounds like it turned out exactly as planned.

Whos at fault here?

Sounds like leaving the stadium to take your child to the car for a nap, walking past (and reading) a sign that says no re-entry and then griping about how they wouldn’t let you re-enter.
bsharkey
1/21/2018 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 6:46pm
I totally agree it's total b******* when we were at Seattle we walked out the start gate walk down one lane turned around and walked back. when they say track walk they should let you go out when the Riders go out total b*******. It's not like they're putting a thousand people out on the track the group we had was maybe 50 people at the most
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
1/21/2018 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/21/2018 6:55pm
Security at these races is very hard to deal with. These pricks are making minimum wage and it is the only time in their lives that they feel they are slightly above the muck that simmers at the bottom of the porta potties. They take out their frustrations on the paying customers.

That wanna be cop could have easily waved you through and said catch up to the pack but obviously he found it necessary to act like a inconsiderate asswipe to compensate for his lack of manhood. I would love to see a angry father lay one of these little pricks out when they chose to be unreasonable

Post a reply to: Screwed out of track walk at A2

The Latest