Seelys comments on Euro speed

10/7/2017 1:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2017 1:46pm
The real issue in my opinion is that the U.S. outdoor tracks lack the variety and depth that GP circuit does. The American riders get lost when the the track gets muddy, rutted, and/or deep sand. Bagget was lapped a few years ago at Lommel, and even when the best riders are crossing the pond, they are not winning. I think it's the outdoor tracks that are at issue, not the schedule or even supercross. Supercross has become the main focus for the AMA riders, but even those tracks are all cookie-cutter tracks which don't really challenge a riders technique or skill at that level, but I doubt that carries much over into the outdoor tracks because the technique and set ups are completely different.
bsharkey
10/7/2017 11:03pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Exactly so how did they get so fast?
GuyB wrote:
They focus on motocross year-round. Our guys go back and forth between Supercross and motocross. I think if our guys rode MX full-time their suspension setup...
They focus on motocross year-round. Our guys go back and forth between Supercross and motocross. I think if our guys rode MX full-time their suspension setup (and potentially their riding style) might evolve to something closer to what the GP guys use.
I agree 100% with this
RangerLee
10/9/2017 11:03am
Yep, because as well all well know it is 100% americans in the AMA Nationals, yep.

If you wanna be part of the elite, race SX and MX then talk about being elite.
Prejump
10/9/2017 12:15pm
RangerLee wrote:
Yep, because as well all well know it is 100% americans in the AMA Nationals, yep. If you wanna be part of the elite, race SX...
Yep, because as well all well know it is 100% americans in the AMA Nationals, yep.

I think riders like Everts & AC prove SX isnt necessary to be elite.

SX is is a cash cow inwhich (mostly average) national riders can wow monster truck fans.

It makes good money, but ironically all that money is making you fall behind at the side of the sport the real fans can about most.

The Shop

ATKpilot99
10/9/2017 3:51pm
RangerLee wrote:
Yep, because as well all well know it is 100% americans in the AMA Nationals, yep. If you wanna be part of the elite, race SX...

Prejump wrote:
I think riders like Everts & AC prove SX isnt necessary to be elite. SX is is a cash cow inwhich (mostly average) national riders can...
I think riders like Everts & AC prove SX isnt necessary to be elite.

SX is is a cash cow inwhich (mostly average) national riders can wow monster truck fans.

It makes good money, but ironically all that money is making you fall behind at the side of the sport the real fans can about most.

Laughing
St Ann More
10/9/2017 4:28pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2017 4:29pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Exactly so how did they get so fast?
GuyB wrote:
They focus on motocross year-round. Our guys go back and forth between Supercross and motocross. I think if our guys rode MX full-time their suspension setup...
They focus on motocross year-round. Our guys go back and forth between Supercross and motocross. I think if our guys rode MX full-time their suspension setup (and potentially their riding style) might evolve to something closer to what the GP guys use.
Wasn't SX cited as the X-Factor during the glory years which translated to dominance in MX?

Yeah, let's use that! God forbid the notion that the Euro's might actually be better at the moment without a caveat!

Post a reply to: Seelys comments on Euro speed

The Latest