Related:
Create New Tag
yz25 yz25
12/7/2017 1:09 PM

So I finally located a bike but it is a long distance from where is live. Does anyone know a company that they have used so I can possibly reach out to them.
A little worried using the websites. Purchased a car out of state once, went through the transportation sites, which is sent to every broker across the country. My blew up for weeks. Before and after I received the car.

Pick up in PA deliver to AL.

Thank you for your time.

cjmx cjmx
12/7/2017 1:26 PM

uship
yrc freight
saia

I've used yrc and saia. My friend just used uship to get a bike from california for colorado with no issues.

NorCal 50+ NorCal 50+
12/7/2017 1:44 PM
yz25 wrote:

So I finally located a ...more

I got an online quote for a recent house move, phone started ringing five minutes later and basically didn't stop for days. Bombarded with emails. Never again.

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

Renner153 Renner153
12/7/2017 2:02 PM

I shipped a bike a few months ago from Florida to Idaho through Uship. I got the number for the guy that hauled it so I dont have to go through Uship again. If you want it, PM and I will send it to you.

yz25 yz25
12/7/2017 2:05 PM

We use all the major freight carriers with work.. Are the bikes crated? Man for the freight we move and what they are able to damage not sure what I think about that one? Right now I have UPS fright trying to locate some product we shipped, the size of an elephant and they have no clue....

NorCAl- came hear sir.

Guess what I'm asking is for some direct contacts number is possible before i jump into the deep end.

yz25 yz25
12/7/2017 2:06 PM

Renner153.... That would be a huge help. Please do.

Thank you.

yz25 yz25
12/7/2017 2:22 PM

Just sent you a PM-Renner. Thanks again sir.

Bellswells Bellswells
4/16/2019 1:40 PM

I typically haul it myself if it's close or in a neighboring state, but I've used A-1 Auto Transport a couple times for out of state and had no complaints. Pretty middle of the pack as far as the quotes I got but I really liked their service and professionalism and would go that route again if I needed to. It's been a year or two since I've used them, I assume still same ownership, etc.

Chains Chains
4/16/2019 8:53 PM

I boxed up a ktm 50 and for 120 bucks they took it from iowa to mississippi. Yellow Freight.

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

nytsmaC nytsmaC
4/16/2019 10:51 PM

Use a professional carrier, NOT Uship. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

djd djd
4/16/2019 11:32 PM

I've used R+L Carriers getting bikes from coast to coast

quiknic quiknic
7/8/2019 5:17 PM

Does anyone have additional recommendations for motorcycle shipping and transport coast to coast across the US?

I have used U-Ship with decent results years ago but now this looks to be severely lacking. I had a good guy Larry that I had used for multiple transports over the years but he has either retired or expired as I cannot reach him any longer. I was hoping to find some contacts for folks that do a fair amount of transport from the east coast.

starchild starchild
7/8/2019 5:45 PM

I used ABF just last week to get a bike to me from New York to Rhode Island. And they were absolutely great to deal with. Easy to contact via phone, very helpful and scheduled the delivery with ease. Driver contacted me about an hour before he got to my house and it couldn’t have been smoother. He unloaded the bike off the truck, which was secured to a pallet, with a hand style fork lift and put it right in my garage. Couldn’t have been any easier. I would definitely try ABF if they are in the area..... https://arcb.com/abf-freight

-MAVERICK- -MAVERICK-
7/8/2019 6:07 PM
quiknic wrote:

Does anyone have ...more

If it's crated, Newmann recommends Echo Global. Pete Haitiain. He's shipped a lot of bikes.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6bt 6bt
7/8/2019 6:18 PM

Ive had great luck with haulbikes. Roll on roll off. $1200 to ship 2 trx250r's from California to upstate NY.

6bt 6bt
7/8/2019 6:19 PM
Pirate421 Pirate421
7/8/2019 6:19 PM

I had a pretty sketchy experience with u ship before on a bike and I would not use them again. Guy who came to pick it up was nice but spoke no English and had never secured a motorcycle in his van before. He attached about 7 ratchet straps onto everything and shoved it in the corner of a van and then piled furniture all over it.

quiknic quiknic
7/8/2019 10:10 PM
-MAVERICK- wrote:

If it's crated, Newmann ...more

I wish it was a nicely crated bike but it will be a roll on/roll off situation. It definitely seems like crated or palletized shipments provide for more options with freight carriers and easier to turn around quickly.

quiknic quiknic
7/8/2019 10:13 PM
starchild wrote:

I used ABF just last week ...more

Thanks for the link, I will check this out and see what it would take if the seller is willing to deal with this type of shipping.

quiknic quiknic
7/8/2019 10:18 PM
6bt wrote:

Ive had great luck with ...more

I did send them a request for quote over the weekend and received an automated email saying they would get back to me later this week. I will try to call if I can grab a break during work as they have limited hours for calls and do not work weekends (the office at least). Thanks

misterwaterfallin misterwaterfallin
7/11/2019 7:52 PM

Tim Weig at motoshippers gets my vote. He’s a rider and they’ll take care of you. Motoshippers.com

SLAPAHO SLAPAHO
7/11/2019 7:57 PM
misterwaterfallin wrote:

Tim Weig at motoshippers ...more

yup, i used him also, good dude who actually gives a shit...

http://www.motoshippers.com/

byke byke
7/11/2019 7:57 PM

+1 for Echo as a broker and R+L as a carrier. I use them for work and they're great. As with any delivery service, how good they are tends to be pretty regional, so take it for what it's worth on the west coast.

quiknic quiknic
7/11/2019 8:07 PM
misterwaterfallin wrote:

Tim Weig at motoshippers ...more

I tried Tim as I have used him in the past but he was not able to make the trip from Massachusetts to California. I hired Federal Transport for the first time and hope that it goes well. Not cheap but they came recommended from a friend that deals with tons of motorcycles and shipping.

darius228 darius228
7/11/2019 8:32 PM

Tim Weig at motoshippers.com.

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry