Should I race Lorettas or Supercross futures?

Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 7:29pm
Hey all! New to the forum. I am 22, mid to upper range C rider and have been racing on and off my whole life. I am currently working out and am getting ready to buy a new bike to train for lorettas in 2020 (450C). This is a great opportunity to compete since I have never been before and its a dream of mine. Until I saw supercross futures. I am stuck between building a 10 acre mx track going to possibly 3 or 4 southwest LLAQ to try to qualify for 450C regionals, or build a sx track and go to most if not all supercross futures events. What do yall think?
|
Meister
2/22/2019 7:27am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 7:28am
Sx is guaranteed.. at least guaranteed in the fact you'll put wheels on that very track.

Loretta's is not.

No offense, but if it takes you 3 or 4 area qualifiers, it's not a high probability you'll make it past the regional. Not knocking your ability, rather just an observation from being at those races.
JustMX
2/22/2019 7:33am
Meister wrote:
Sx is guaranteed.. at least guaranteed in the fact you'll put wheels on that very track. Loretta's is not. No offense, but if it takes you...
Sx is guaranteed.. at least guaranteed in the fact you'll put wheels on that very track.

Loretta's is not.

No offense, but if it takes you 3 or 4 area qualifiers, it's not a high probability you'll make it past the regional. Not knocking your ability, rather just an observation from being at those races.
Some pretty sound advice there.

Hudd_421
2/22/2019 7:45am
Supercross futures is not an event to train all year for. Its a 1 day event, you'll get 10 laps total...Build what ever you'll have the most fun riding day to day. At your level, it's not worth making a specific tamed down supercross track in place of a bad ass moto track.

The Shop

TeamGreen
2/22/2019 7:49am
Go for both. That get’s you more racing and with your attitude you’ll probably make it to LL’s and make some epic summer memories.

Go Race!

Good Luck
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
2/22/2019 8:17am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 8:19am
Meister wrote:
Sx is guaranteed.. at least guaranteed in the fact you'll put wheels on that very track. Loretta's is not. No offense, but if it takes you...

Loretta's is not.

You nailed it. If your gonna need 4 qualifier you aren’t making it past the regionals. Not being a dick just stating it how it seems.
2/22/2019 8:20am
I have confidence in myself and my riding abilities especially after watching a ton of previous races. I am able to make up to 4 qualifiers if needed but I sure hope I dont need them. I have never attempted to qualify for lorettas so if need be, I am able to make my dream happen the best I can. I knew id get lit up as soon as I ask for advice. I will not however take advice on what I should and shouldnt spend my money and or save it mr know nothing since your same says it all. If I want to spend my money on racing I can. Plus with 10 acres to build a motocross track which will be mostly sand and a year to train, I have nothing but high expectations for myself. I am jyst trying to enjoy the opportunities I have and prepare for those opportunities to come. This is my opportunity to get out there and do my best. Plus, I could make multiple supercross races so its not just one event. Thanks for your input and positive words.
2/22/2019 8:21am
TeamGreen wrote:
Go for both. That get’s you more racing and with your attitude you’ll probably make it to LL’s and make some epic summer memories. Go Race...
Go for both. That get’s you more racing and with your attitude you’ll probably make it to LL’s and make some epic summer memories.

Go Race!

Good Luck
Thanks dude!
loftyair
2/22/2019 8:25am
Motocross is so much more taxing, as in a great work out. I think its way funner too. Not as boring being 5 times longer. Build a moto track! Throw a couple jumps here and there, just to play on.
TSCHAM101
2/22/2019 8:26am
screw it.. build an epic track.. half MX, and half tamed down SX.. Best of both worlds.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/22/2019 8:27am
Hey all! New to the forum. I am 22, mid to upper range C rider and have been racing on and off my whole life. I...
Hey all! New to the forum. I am 22, mid to upper range C rider and have been racing on and off my whole life. I am currently working out and am getting ready to buy a new bike to train for lorettas in 2020 (450C). This is a great opportunity to compete since I have never been before and its a dream of mine. Until I saw supercross futures. I am stuck between building a 10 acre mx track going to possibly 3 or 4 southwest LLAQ to try to qualify for 450C regionals, or build a sx track and go to most if not all supercross futures events. What do yall think?
You’re young, have fun and do both. Even if you don’t make LLs, you’ll have fun trying and be a better rider because of it.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/22/2019 8:29am
TeamGreen wrote:
Go for both. That get’s you more racing and with your attitude you’ll probably make it to LL’s and make some epic summer memories. Go Race...

Go Race!

Good Luck
Thanks dude!
Great advice
agn5009
2/22/2019 8:32am
Screw the Debbie downers. If you’ve got the money and time, do them both.

Vitards sometimes forget how many lives we live. I’d rather be the guy who “wasted” a little money than the guy who regrets not experiencing different things-both good and bad.
RIV747
2/22/2019 8:33am
Some of you guys sure know how to motivate someone trying get out and race his dirtbike…

If you can race both then do it buddy! Do 3-4 area qualifiers if you want to. You will qualify for more regionals and have more chances to make it to LL's. Also, the more gate drops the better. It's your dream to make it to LL's, get out there and bust your ass and have fun doing it!
Paw Paw 271
2/22/2019 8:36am
FYI: for LL's you will need to be winning almost all your local races. Then place top 5 in your local LL qualifier and then to 5 in your regional. If you can't do that you will not make it to LL's.

I and my son have done it many times and it is hard to make it. Once there, it is a very hard week of racing. Well worth the effort, but very hard to do well in.

Good luck.

Paw Paw
bf884
2/22/2019 8:38am
That bib will be worth more to you down the road than any sunday supercross will.
barnett468
2/22/2019 8:40am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 8:41am
Hey all! New to the forum. I am 22, mid to upper range C rider and have been racing on and off my whole life. I...
"I am currently working out and am getting ready to buy a new bike to train for lorettas in 2020 (450C). This is a great opportunity to compete since I have never been before and its a dream of mine. Until I saw supercross futures."

I have been to indoor races and have been to Loretta's, and Loretta's is an overall experience that can garner lots of great memories that can't' be matched by anything else, but I'm sure there are some people that don't care much for it and prefer the "experience" of camping in an asphalt parking lot in the middle of the city so they can ride around on a track inside a nearly empty stadium.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
2/22/2019 8:43am
Loretta’s is the experience of a lifetime. The qualifiers will be the most full gates you’ve ever experienced and there will be vendors, and so many cool people hanging out for an entire weekend. You’ll make friends and have great memories at the qualifiers themselves.

Supercross futures is one quick afternoon. Not as much time to meet and chat and enjoy the experience IMO.

I’d say go for Loretta’s! Do 3-4 area quali’s whether you make it or not!
JM485
2/22/2019 8:48am
Highly recommend doing at least one of the supercross futures races, I had a ton of fun at the Oakland one this year. Ideally they’d drop the number of classes and get everyone some more track time, but it was still super fun to get to ride a track like that and get a rhythm down. Whatever you end up doing good luck and have some fun!
4csHATER
2/22/2019 9:28am
c class lap times at lorettas are same as A class at lorettas, so if your not riding A class laptimes locally you might not make the cut. Also one bike doesnt get you to lorettas, 4 bikes does, one to practice on pre area qualifyer, one freshie for area qualifyers, one freshie for regionals and one freshie for lorettas. I know people that did that for c class. and they are always gonna do it.
4csHATER
2/22/2019 9:31am
4csHATER wrote:
c class lap times at lorettas are same as A class at lorettas, so if your not riding A class laptimes locally you might not make...
c class lap times at lorettas are same as A class at lorettas, so if your not riding A class laptimes locally you might not make the cut. Also one bike doesnt get you to lorettas, 4 bikes does, one to practice on pre area qualifyer, one freshie for area qualifyers, one freshie for regionals and one freshie for lorettas. I know people that did that for c class. and they are always gonna do it.
Im not doubting you at all, Im just putting the facts in up front so you can know what your getting yourself into, i know some riders that had no chance at going to lorettas and they still winded up making it. So do what YOU can do not what everyone else wants you to do, good luck, i wish i had the chance to do it all over again.!
slipdog
2/22/2019 9:37am
4csHATER wrote:
c class lap times at lorettas are same as A class at lorettas, so if your not riding A class laptimes locally you might not make...
Fastest lap in 250C moto 1 was 2:06.3

Fastest lap in 250A moto1 was 1:53.5

So close.....
4csHATER
2/22/2019 9:43am
slipdog wrote:

So close.....
This shows nothing you should have done average slow A class laptime to fast C class laptime not fastest A class lap- Fastest C class lap
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/22/2019 9:44am
4csHATER wrote:
4csHATER wrote:
Im not doubting you at all, Im just putting the facts in up front so you can know what your getting yourself into, i know some...
Im not doubting you at all, Im just putting the facts in up front so you can know what your getting yourself into, i know some riders that had no chance at going to lorettas and they still winded up making it. So do what YOU can do not what everyone else wants you to do, good luck, i wish i had the chance to do it all over again.!
"i wish i had the chance to do it all over again.!"

What's stopping you? Don't have 4 bikes in order to make it to Loretta's? ?
slipdog
2/22/2019 9:49am
slipdog wrote:

So close.....
4csHATER wrote:
This shows nothing you should have done average slow A class laptime to fast C class laptime not fastest A class lap- Fastest C class lap
I'm too busy working on A-kit suspension and machining parts on my lathe to worry about that stuff. Shouldn't you be doing the same?
shuggs
2/22/2019 9:53am
Do what you want!! Go for both. You only get 1 shot at life, no point going ‘I wish’ as it’s too late
4csHATER
2/22/2019 9:55am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"i wish i had the chance to do it all over again.!"[/i] What's stopping you? Don't have 4 bikes in order to make it to Loretta's...
"i wish i had the chance to do it all over again.!"

What's stopping you? Don't have 4 bikes in order to make it to Loretta's? ?
Just being a realist maverick, these extremely wealthy people have made it this way, it used to not be like this, I remeber at an area qualifyer a kid named Bhodi parsons or something like that had 6 hondas sitting under his rig, i went over and asked him what class do you race and when he came back with 250c/450c i about shat right there on the spot, dont think im exagerating this 22yr old will see immediately as soon as he goes to the areas or reigonals.
4csHATER
2/22/2019 9:56am
slipdog wrote:
I'm too busy working on A-kit suspension and machining parts on my lathe to worry about that stuff. Shouldn't you be doing the same?
If you want to get technical about it the bottom of the 4cs forks or aer forks have to be machined to accept KYB cartridges.
4csHATER
2/22/2019 9:59am
But with all the bullshit aside OP, you can do it if you put the work in, its all in the work. If your doing more then the next guy you will see out your time at lorettas, its not about the investment, its about the drive, hard work and dedication. you can do it if you put your mind to it, just dont forget about the steps you have to take/follow to get there. If ylu want to go you should Have a one on one convo about strategy on how to get there. Then what your goal would be for when you get there.

Post a reply to: Should I race Lorettas or Supercross futures?

The Latest