Silly Season...

mirramaxx
Edited Date/Time 1/2/2021 6:52pm
So with Shane mcelrath and Dylan Ferrandis moving up in 2021, wondering were they may end up.
Brayton will go down under to defend his SX Title and then may come back and move to smart top again?
Mookie trying to get a factory ride ? Maybe stay with smartop?
Sexton on Factory Honda
Tomac and Roczen stay put
Any news on Marv ?

I know it's a bit early but the outdoors will be here and done before we know it !
|
crowe176
6/15/2020 5:23am
Unless a huge payday comes, I hope Mookie sticks with his program. Whatever he’s doing, It’s working and he’s making gains.
6/15/2020 5:33am
Ferrandis will get a Factory Yamaha ride. It was in Barcia's contract that if he finishes Top 3 or 4 in points (can't remember which?), his contract gets auto-renewed... Looks like that's not happening. I think Barcia stays but for less $$ maybe?

Wouldn't shock me to see Shane's 450 ride be on a satellite KTM team, something like a Butler Bros.. or a GasGas team for that matter..

I think I heard something about Brayton will NOT be on a SmartTop next year (if I'm thinking of the right rider?).. JB10 has made it clear that he isn't ready to retire yet... If for some reason he can't get the deal he wants on a red bike, I wonder the chances of him finishing his career on an Orange bike - don't forget that Brayton does own a KTM dealership https://www.10cyclesusa.com/

Think SmartTop brings back Hill and Mookie? (not sure what thier contracts are)

cbarber
Fantasy
2028th
6/15/2020 5:38am
Ferrandis will get a Factory Yamaha ride. It was in Barcia's contract that if he finishes Top 3 or 4 in points (can't remember which?), his...
Ferrandis will get a Factory Yamaha ride. It was in Barcia's contract that if he finishes Top 3 or 4 in points (can't remember which?), his contract gets auto-renewed... Looks like that's not happening. I think Barcia stays but for less $$ maybe?

Wouldn't shock me to see Shane's 450 ride be on a satellite KTM team, something like a Butler Bros.. or a GasGas team for that matter..

I think I heard something about Brayton will NOT be on a SmartTop next year (if I'm thinking of the right rider?).. JB10 has made it clear that he isn't ready to retire yet... If for some reason he can't get the deal he wants on a red bike, I wonder the chances of him finishing his career on an Orange bike - don't forget that Brayton does own a KTM dealership https://www.10cyclesusa.com/

i don't think Shane will be riding Orange or any variation of orange after what happened this last year.
6/15/2020 5:47am
^^^ohhh yea.... that happened with Shane... You're right.. Hmm.. in hindsight, what a terrible bridge to burn..

The Shop

Payup_199
6/15/2020 5:48am
Ferrandis will get a Factory Yamaha ride. It was in Barcia's contract that if he finishes Top 3 or 4 in points (can't remember which?), his...

Brayton rode Orange already and did NOT like it at all. This was a few years ago. 4 scenarios for Brayton as he talked about in a podcast with Matthes already. 3rd spot at honda, Penrite honda 450 program on a factory bike, Smarttops on a factory bike, or retire from US racing and does all the over seas stuff on a red bike.
KX500
6/15/2020 6:20am
^^^ohhh yea.... that happened with Shane... You're right.. Hmm.. in hindsight, what a terrible bridge to burn..
I don't know enough of the details to understand if the bridge is burnt - so is it?

I just figured it fell into the 'business decision' category that are made all the time.

You don't see anybody pulling monster hole shots on the KTM 250.

If KTM couldn't/wouldn't match the offer (Fastest Bike & $$) he had from Yamaha, who can really blame him for leaving (including KTM)?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/15/2020 6:33am
Star will have a 450 program...
mirramaxx
6/15/2020 6:36am

cbarber wrote:
i don't think Shane will be riding Orange or any variation of orange after what happened this last year.
I must have missed this one, what happened ?
Zycki11
6/15/2020 6:37am
ML512 wrote:
Yeah, but will factory Yamaha?
davistld01
6/15/2020 6:52am
ML512 wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
Yeah, but will factory Yamaha?
I'm no expert...but Yamaha has improved their 450's greatly in the last year. It's not the bikes fault any more that Barcia isn't on the box more often. It's Barcia's fault. I believe they'll have a 450 team next year, but Star might turn out to be Yamaha's factory team.
6/15/2020 7:22am

Brayton said on pulp he may retire at the end of the year if he can’t get a solid ride..
Lightning78
6/15/2020 7:28am
I'm really intrigued as to what this new 2021 Honda CRF450 will be like for Brayton if he does ride next year.
Tate517
6/15/2020 7:28am
***This is all hypothetical and my own opinion. I am just a fan, with no inside the industry knowledge.***

Honda HRC
Ken Roczen
Chase Sexton

Motoconcepts Smartop-Bullfrog Spas Honda
Malcom Stewart
Vince Friese
Justin Hill

Penrite Honda Racing
Justin Brayton

JGR Gas Gas Factory Racing
Joey Savatgy
Martin Davalos

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
Jason Anderson
Zach Osborne
Dean Wilson

Red Bull KTM Factory Racing
Cooper Webb
Marvin Musquin
Dylan Ferrandis

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC-KTM-WPS
Blake Baggett
Justin Bogle

Monster Energy Kawasaki
Eli Tomac
Adam Cianciarulo

HEP Yoshimura Factory Suzuki Racing
Broc Tickle
Max Anstie
Kyle Cunningham

Monster Energy Star Racing Factory Yamaha
Shane McElrath
Justin Barcia

* Aaron Plessinger returns to GNCC
* Chad Reed retires

Racerman967
6/15/2020 7:30am
Barcia is all but gone from Yamaha and Plessinger has a contract for next season already. Would also be Marvin retires
FuzzyLogic
6/15/2020 7:38am
If I am MCR, I am going to let Hill go. He has done very little, and there are plenty of up and coming guys that would be happy to hop in that spot.
cbarber
Fantasy
2028th
6/15/2020 7:41am

cbarber wrote:
mirramaxx wrote:
I must have missed this one, what happened ?
him sitting out the end of the year to keep his 250 class eligibility(with KTM thinking he was staying for 2020), then jumping to star.
MX304
Fantasy
3753rd
6/15/2020 7:42am
FuzzyLogic wrote:
If I am MCR, I am going to let Hill go. He has done very little, and there are plenty of up and coming guys that...
If I am MCR, I am going to let Hill go. He has done very little, and there are plenty of up and coming guys that would be happy to hop in that spot.
I'd drop hill for Brayton if they have the $$.
cbarber
Fantasy
2028th
6/15/2020 7:44am
FuzzyLogic wrote:
If I am MCR, I am going to let Hill go. He has done very little, and there are plenty of up and coming guys that...
MX304 wrote:
I'd drop hill for Brayton if they have the $$.
i would like to see Barcia go to MCR.
Zycki11
6/15/2020 8:05am
Star Yamaha to have 450 squad. Factory Yamaha TBD
shuggs
6/15/2020 8:44am
Tate517 wrote:
***This is all hypothetical and my own opinion. I am just a fan, with no inside the industry knowledge.*** [u][b]Honda HRC[/b][/u] Ken Roczen Chase Sexton [u][b]Motoconcepts...
***This is all hypothetical and my own opinion. I am just a fan, with no inside the industry knowledge.***

Honda HRC
Ken Roczen
Chase Sexton

Malcom Stewart
Vince Friese
Justin Hill

Penrite Honda Racing
Justin Brayton

Joey Savatgy
Martin Davalos

Jason Anderson
Zach Osborne
Dean Wilson

Cooper Webb
Marvin Musquin
Dylan Ferrandis

Blake Baggett
Justin Bogle

Monster Energy Kawasaki
Eli Tomac
Adam Cianciarulo

Broc Tickle
Max Anstie
Kyle Cunningham

Shane McElrath
Justin Barcia

* Chad Reed retires

Thought Luke Clout was in for 2nd bike at Penrite?
KX500
6/15/2020 8:50am
cbarber wrote:
him sitting out the end of the year to keep his 250 class eligibility(with KTM thinking he was staying for 2020), then jumping to star.
Oh, yeah, that.

But the decision by KTM to agree to him setting out didn't include a signed contract for the next year, just an assumption and we'll take care of that later - leaving the door wide open.

Surely somebody at KTM asked the question of - Why'd we let McElrath go again? Why did he think going to Yamaha was the better thing to do?

And also, some of those same people have to be thinking he made a good decision, whether they like it or not.

Hopefully the OEMs aren't spiteful when a rider leaves - it might get complicated to keep all the names straight.

And Shane never had a harsh word for KTM.

I imagine every team is going to take the best rider they can find to fill a spot on their roster. When that contract ends, repeat, repeat, repeat.

The past is the past. But who knows? Could be somebody at KTM had hurt feelings.

Flattrack88
6/15/2020 9:46am
Tate517 wrote:
***This is all hypothetical and my own opinion. I am just a fan, with no inside the industry knowledge.*** [u][b]Honda HRC[/b][/u] Ken Roczen Chase Sexton [u][b]Motoconcepts...

Honda HRC
Ken Roczen
Chase Sexton

Malcom Stewart
Vince Friese
Justin Hill

Penrite Honda Racing
Justin Brayton

Joey Savatgy
Martin Davalos

Jason Anderson
Zach Osborne
Dean Wilson

Cooper Webb
Marvin Musquin
Dylan Ferrandis

Blake Baggett
Justin Bogle

Monster Energy Kawasaki
Eli Tomac
Adam Cianciarulo

Broc Tickle
Max Anstie
Kyle Cunningham

Shane McElrath
Justin Barcia

* Chad Reed retires

I think it's far more likely that rocky mountain goes gasgas than adding new bikes/teams under the same conglomerate
6/15/2020 10:14am
Does Bogle have a deal signed with rocky mountain for 21?

Guy has serious talent, Lakewood a couple seasons ago; just seems he is not ever healthy. Which sucks for any athlete in our sport.
RalphS
6/15/2020 10:48am
Reading between lines DF14 on a 450 Star Yami next year.
HuskyEd
6/15/2020 11:11am
Does Bogle have a deal signed with rocky mountain for 21? Guy has serious talent, Lakewood a couple seasons ago; just seems he is not ever...
Does Bogle have a deal signed with rocky mountain for 21?

Guy has serious talent, Lakewood a couple seasons ago; just seems he is not ever healthy. Which sucks for any athlete in our sport.
Poor kid's really rattled his melon too many times. What ever he does I wish him the best.

This may be Justin's future.

https://youtu.be/-hrPTWhj5kQ
kpiper
6/15/2020 11:40am
I think Bogel is done. Bloss showing some nice potential. Was he on the list?
Racerman967
6/15/2020 11:56am
So what if Yamaha just lets Star be the factory team for them? I wouldn't be surprised to se Suzuki with HEP
DonM
6/15/2020 11:57am
RalphS wrote:
The other Star rider that's pointing out will be.....
EngIceDave
6/15/2020 12:03pm
There is question on Justin Bogle's return
He has had a few serious concussions, and there is life after moto
tek14
6/15/2020 12:52pm
RalphS wrote:
DonM wrote:
The other Star rider that's pointing out will be.....
DF14 to Factory KTM.

Post a reply to: Silly Season...

The Latest