Skillington and Broc Tickle case!

ajv#26
Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 12:15pm
"MXlarge: The Broc Tickle case, how is that procedding?

Skillington: All I can say in regard to Tickle, it is top of the list at the moment, and every effort is being made to bring this case to a conclusion."

UnsureDryWhistling
|
ehr400
2/22/2019 6:06am
Great job guys, great job.....
DC
2/22/2019 6:18am
Tony is a really good guy and cares about all of the racers. Also, give some credit to the AMA's Rob Dingman and Kevin Crowther of the AMA. They went over to the FIM last week and Broc's case was a priority. I have a feeling we may finally be hearing some news very soon.

DC
Racer X
downard254
2/22/2019 6:41am
Be nice if maybe he could be allowed to race the Nationals this year. More riders on the track is not a bad thing.
Mr. CrossUp
2/22/2019 6:42am
He's done. Stupid rule. Time is get a job behind the scenes with the team. He has connections.

The Shop

500guy
2/22/2019 6:43am
DC wrote:
Tony is a really good guy and cares about all of the racers. Also, give some credit to the AMA's Rob Dingman and Kevin Crowther of...
Tony is a really good guy and cares about all of the racers. Also, give some credit to the AMA's Rob Dingman and Kevin Crowther of the AMA. They went over to the FIM last week and Broc's case was a priority. I have a feeling we may finally be hearing some news very soon.

DC
Racer X
I'm glad they did but dam feels like they should have pushed the issue a year ago.
Mr. CrossUp
2/22/2019 6:43am
He's done. Stupid rule. Time is get a job behind the scenes with a team. He has connections.
4DAIVIPAI2K5
2/22/2019 6:46am
DC wrote:
Tony is a really good guy and cares about all of the racers. Also, give some credit to the AMA's Rob Dingman and Kevin Crowther of...

DC
Racer X
I would give them credit if it wouldn't have taken them over a year to do so.
mxman
2/22/2019 6:49am
Whether Tickle is guilty or not, the amount of time this has gone on and the fact that it's a career/life affecting case is ridiculous. FIM/AMA should responsible for the amount of time taken.
VicDaMoan03
2/22/2019 6:54am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Really nice of the AMA guys to finally go over and talk to the FIM regarding Brock. Geez Dry
brocster
2/22/2019 7:02am
Like I mentioned before it’s a damn shame that Monster has a “strangle hold i.e. choke hold” on the industry and the FIM has a “strangle hold/choke hold” on the riders. Our club/group/organization “AMA” is basically powerless...

Good on Broc for taking charge of his future. Don’t sit back and wait for shit to happen, make shit happen is what I was taught as a young man...
Yeti365
2/22/2019 7:02am
It's been too long, with too much red tape bullshit.

I'd be stoked to see him back in the action.
DC
2/22/2019 7:05am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Really nice of the AMA guys to finally go over and talk to the FIM regarding Brock. Geez Dry
They had been over before, but now there is a new FIM President and CEO, and the AMA's Dingman has moved up as well. All were frustrated by the lack of answers from the previous administration, and all seem motivated to sort this out, not only for Tickle but for others moving forward. This topic has been broken from the start, but now I believe positive and common-sensical changes can be made.

DC
Racer X
Question
2/22/2019 7:11am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 7:12am
mxman wrote:
Whether Tickle is guilty or not, the amount of time this has gone on and the fact that it's a career/life affecting case is ridiculous. FIM/AMA...
Whether Tickle is guilty or not, the amount of time this has gone on and the fact that it's a career/life affecting case is ridiculous. FIM/AMA should responsible for the amount of time taken.
Guilty, he is, weither it is intentional or not, but what I would be really interested in is knowing to which extent, because I am 99.9% sure he got caught for something ridiculously low and minor, and I would like to see a punishment aligned to this.

Indeed, if the sentence is 4 years for something that is not performance enhancing and very low, which is the same time as something super bad and super performance enhancing, then it would be super counter productive in term of anti doping. These organizations would then be considered as actual promoters to take the hard stuffs, which I would hate to see as it is the opposite of their missions.
2/22/2019 7:21am
Clason has a strong argument of cutting in line if we're going by the first come first serve system.
rubarb
2/22/2019 7:28am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
500guy wrote:
I'm glad they did but dam feels like they should have pushed the issue a year ago.
Sounds like "every effort" has been made to bring it to a conclusion
Bearuno
2/22/2019 7:45am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 8:07am
Skilington IS the new CEO.

That, being separate to the Presidency of the FIM, which is now held by a far more honest individual than the last FIM President. The MXGPAction group has detailed it.

Hopefully, we are entering a more honest, transparent and genuinely Motorcycle Sports oriented era, with regards to the individuals with near ultimate 'powers'.

Skillington has been around for many years within the FIM, latterly as the MX Commisioner, but I've never seen his name come up with regards to the various dastardly deeds and conduct of others. I've had a few words with him at GPs over the years, and he seemed like a Real motorcyclist / and very MX oriented bloke. A few times I was very 'indelicate' with my comments about those pricks, Luongo, Srb and the (previous) FIM President, and he seemed to not disagree with me....

**Please note: I am an Absolute Nobody within our sport, but have been able to go to many OS races over the years, and am not backards in comming forwards when I meet people in power**

It must be hell of a thing to be involved with such swine( as Srb / Luongo etc) when you yourself are so very different to those you have to deal with. There are, some good people within the FIM.

Let's hope things continue to improve. But shit like Luongo getting another 10 years ( bringing it out to 2036, I think) of control over the MXGPs, (and yes, I know of the recent 'sale' to another - somewhat 'sus' company- but Luongo is still there) is still a serious worry.

There's an interview with Mr Skillington up on MXLarge's site. I know 'MX Geoff' is largely disliked ( and, deservedly so, much of the time) for his sychophancy towards all things Luongo, but it can be useful for various news and interviews.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
2/22/2019 7:47am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 7:47am
would Cade Clason's not be the top of the list? as hes been waiting a year longer than Tickle? and his case is even stranger has he had attempted to apply for a TUE but not received a decision from the FIM,

or because he was not a factory rider, does it mean less?
TeamGreen
2/22/2019 7:59am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 8:11am
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
DC wrote:
They had been over before, but now there is a new FIM President and CEO, and the AMA's Dingman has moved up as well. All were...
They had been over before, but now there is a new FIM President and CEO, and the AMA's Dingman has moved up as well. All were frustrated by the lack of answers from the previous administration, and all seem motivated to sort this out, not only for Tickle but for others moving forward. This topic has been broken from the start, but now I believe positive and common-sensical changes can be made.

DC
Racer X
Davey,

I completely appreciate whay you’re pursuing for our sport by bringing WADA in.

“Fairness amongst Athletes”

With that said, as we’ve experienced these unbelievably SLOW responses, it seems to me we need to rethink our approach to Anti-Doping and go in a different, more responsive, more relatable & ...
Dare I say...
More “Accomodating” direction.

The FIM/AMA/WADA/CAS “process” has cost you & too many others WAY TOO MUCH TIME & hasn’t been a positive experience for our community.
JeepnMike
2/22/2019 8:07am
Clason has a strong argument of cutting in line if we're going by the first come first serve system.
X100. He got royally screwed for doing exactly what he was supposed to be doing.
DC
2/22/2019 8:37am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 8:38am
scott_nz wrote:
would Cade Clason's not be the top of the list? as hes been waiting a year longer than Tickle? and his case is even stranger has...
would Cade Clason's not be the top of the list? as hes been waiting a year longer than Tickle? and his case is even stranger has he had attempted to apply for a TUE but not received a decision from the FIM,

It has nothing to do with being a factory rider, but I think there is another layer to Cade's case in that he continued to race in Canada. Regardless, I am sure both riders cases came up in conversations last week.

DC
Racer X
Motofinne
2/22/2019 8:49am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 8:50am
Clason has been racing in Canada, that has screwed him (and he knows it himself).
2/22/2019 8:52am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 8:53am
DC wrote:
It has nothing to do with being a factory rider, but I think there is another layer to Cade's case in that he continued to race...
It has nothing to do with being a factory rider, but I think there is another layer to Cade's case in that he continued to race in Canada. Regardless, I am sure both riders cases came up in conversations last week.

DC
Racer X
An equally enraging concept on it's own!!... "Not only are you suspended indefinitely from FIM sanctioned events, we don't even want you to be able to earn an income racing motorcycles, anywhere" That is total and complete BULLSHIT. I'm begging someone to change my mind on this, as the concept is just too mind blowing to even seem real...

(sorry DC, don't mean to beat a dead horse / I'm pretty sure you agree. As enraging as this is for me as a fan, I can't even imagine how Broc and Cade feel - Cade especially, since he doesn't have the career $$ that Broc does)
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
2/22/2019 8:59am
An equally enraging concept on it's own!!... [i]"Not only are you suspended indefinitely from FIM sanctioned events, we don't even want you to be able to...
An equally enraging concept on it's own!!... "Not only are you suspended indefinitely from FIM sanctioned events, we don't even want you to be able to earn an income racing motorcycles, anywhere" That is total and complete BULLSHIT. I'm begging someone to change my mind on this, as the concept is just too mind blowing to even seem real...

(sorry DC, don't mean to beat a dead horse / I'm pretty sure you agree. As enraging as this is for me as a fan, I can't even imagine how Broc and Cade feel - Cade especially, since he doesn't have the career $$ that Broc does)
They are allowed to ride non-sanctioned events, it just pushes the "start" date back on their suspension. If you feel confident you will be cleared, go race Canada without consequence. If you know you are going to serve a suspension, might as well start the clock running on the suspension as early as possible.
77Moto
2/22/2019 9:04am
scott_nz wrote:
would Cade Clason's not be the top of the list? as hes been waiting a year longer than Tickle? and his case is even stranger has...

DC wrote:
It has nothing to do with being a factory rider, but I think there is another layer to Cade's case in that he continued to race...

DC
Racer X
On top of that, he basically said screw em when he raced on Adderall after not getting the OK to do so.

That would be like sending MX sports a letter asking "Can I run a Reed spacer in the stock class" and not hearing back.
Thats not an OK to do so, When the rules say, it is banned in the stock class..........and you do it anyway and get popped. There are rules for a reason.

And today, it's not like finding the rules for anything is all that hard.

2/22/2019 9:12am
GrapeApe wrote:
They are allowed to ride non-sanctioned events, it just pushes the "start" date back on their suspension. If you feel confident you will be cleared, go...
They are allowed to ride non-sanctioned events, it just pushes the "start" date back on their suspension. If you feel confident you will be cleared, go race Canada without consequence. If you know you are going to serve a suspension, might as well start the clock running on the suspension as early as possible.
Yup, still complete bullshit - especially since there's no announcement of when said clock would even start running or for how long.

If a F1 driver gets suspended, would he be barred from competing in the IndyCar series?? It appears not... https://racingnews.co/2018/08/21/santino-ferrucci-banned-formula-2-driv…
77Moto
2/22/2019 9:17am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 9:33am
GrapeApe wrote:
They are allowed to ride non-sanctioned events, it just pushes the "start" date back on their suspension. If you feel confident you will be cleared, go...
Yup, still complete [b][u]bullshit[/u][/b] - especially since there's no announcement of when said clock would even start running or for how long. If a F1 driver...
Yup, still complete bullshit - especially since there's no announcement of when said clock would even start running or for how long.

If a F1 driver gets suspended, would he be barred from competing in the IndyCar series?? It appears not... https://racingnews.co/2018/08/21/santino-ferrucci-banned-formula-2-driv…
The clock starts running the second you are notified you are suspended. How hard is this stuff for people to understand?
It states it right in the suspension letter.

For the F1 test guy above, how stupid can you be? Read the article.

And chances are, even if he paid his fines, for being so disrespectful, he'll be lucky if he ever gets to race an FIA sanctioned race ever again.

There are 100s of fast guys to replace him. He lost a once in a lifetime opportunity.

That guy went from being a Fighter Jet pilot to

Post a reply to: Skillington and Broc Tickle case!

The Latest