Sleepy Coop *Ironman Spoilers*

mulletracer
I don't really know..but it looked like he let ferandis by and then waved to AC as he passed by. I mean he was CLEARLY out of breath in the after Moto interview.
|
RandyS
8/24/2019 11:12am
Cooper continues to make it impossible for me to like him. It's not a team sport but it is a sport where the rider is out there for his team. Once a season I think the riders need to ride to help their team. If Pro Circuit would have been in the same position I would expect their riders to do the same. He could have followed Ferrandis for a second from the start to help the people who have supported him all year, if he was the best today he could win the second moto assuming nothing happened to AC. Instead he pushed to win, making Ferrandis push to beat him. Whether he blew up or let AC by he did not support his team. I didn't want AC to lose another sure thing title because he was the best rider this season but I would have loved some last moto drama. If AC happens to DNF moto 2 it's Cooper who cost Star the #1 plate.
8/24/2019 11:18am
Happens all the time when a pro is going into a corner...you know...looking over at a rider passing you on the obvious inside line you should be protecting. Happens every day.

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/24/2019 11:49am
RandyS wrote:
Cooper continues to make it impossible for me to like him. It's not a team sport but it is a sport where the rider is out...
Cooper continues to make it impossible for me to like him. It's not a team sport but it is a sport where the rider is out there for his team. Once a season I think the riders need to ride to help their team. If Pro Circuit would have been in the same position I would expect their riders to do the same. He could have followed Ferrandis for a second from the start to help the people who have supported him all year, if he was the best today he could win the second moto assuming nothing happened to AC. Instead he pushed to win, making Ferrandis push to beat him. Whether he blew up or let AC by he did not support his team. I didn't want AC to lose another sure thing title because he was the best rider this season but I would have loved some last moto drama. If AC happens to DNF moto 2 it's Cooper who cost Star the #1 plate.
Moto ain't a team sport. Maybe football is more your style.
RandyS
8/24/2019 12:14pm
RandyS wrote:
Cooper continues to make it impossible for me to like him. It's not a team sport but it is a sport where the rider is out...
colintrax wrote:
Moto ain't a team sport. Maybe football is more your style.
Reading comprehension, it's not for everyone.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
8/24/2019 12:18pm
RandyS wrote:
"Its not a team sport" "riders need to ride to help their team"
Making clear statements, it's not for everyone.
RandyS
8/24/2019 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/24/2019 12:29pm
RandyS wrote:
colintrax wrote:
"Its not a team sport" "riders need to ride to help their team"
Making clear statements, it's not for everyone.
Team=owner, sponsors, manager, staff, who put in millions of dollars and thousands of hours a year with the ultimate goal of winning a title. You don't try to take the comp out or block, but you also don't try to take away points, and you don't give away points at the last race to the competition. Cooper did both.
8/24/2019 12:39pm
I don't care for JCoop, but I can only imagine he has a win bonus like everyone else. "Team" is on their jerseys. Wins and losses are on their own. Dylan isn't chipping off a bonus to Coop if he won the championship.
Kawi15
8/24/2019 12:41pm
Personally I never bought into the "team sport" mentality. To me the next rider on the gate is another competitor on the track. Share info off the track sure, but on the track to me it is rider against rider. The only team they have to honor is their mechanic, bike setup people and sponsors. To me that means every rider makes his best finish every time out on the track. Race clean and let the results be what they may.
agn5009
8/24/2019 12:52pm
Kawi15 wrote:
Personally I never bought into the "team sport" mentality. To me the next rider on the gate is another competitor on the track. Share info off...
Personally I never bought into the "team sport" mentality. To me the next rider on the gate is another competitor on the track. Share info off the track sure, but on the track to me it is rider against rider. The only team they have to honor is their mechanic, bike setup people and sponsors. To me that means every rider makes his best finish every time out on the track. Race clean and let the results be what they may.
We live in the real world. Not fantasy land
8/24/2019 1:07pm
Kawi15 wrote:
Personally I never bought into the "team sport" mentality. To me the next rider on the gate is another competitor on the track. Share info off...
agn5009 wrote:
We live in the real world. Not fantasy land
Lol. In what world do you not give 100%? Certainly not in any world I live in. I highly doubt a professional athlete that spends every minute of his life trying to get better and win has any intention of laying up for anyone. If you think it's any different, you are living in fantasy land. Dungey just said he didn't feel there were any team orders. I'm guessing he's won several more championships than anyone on this thread.
8/24/2019 1:19pm
I don't recall saying it never happens. It also shouldn't just be expected. There's been countless examples of guys who aren't laying up for anyone.
mulletracer
8/24/2019 1:32pm
Dungey said one thing, but If you watch the race it is quite clear something else happened.
JustMX
8/24/2019 2:21pm
I think the last rider that might have passed muster for some of you guys would have been jm bayle.

Wasn't he benched at a season finale because he specifically said he would not help stanton?

I am curious if this issue is addressed in contracts nowadays. If a rider refuses team orders would there be a penalty? What if a rider gives up a moto or over all to help a teammate (ex. Hannah when he "let broc bye"), do they still get a win bonus or do they have to rely 9n that teammate showing appreciation?

Why couldn't a competitor who lost a title in a clear case of team orders interfering with an outcome (again, ex. Let broc bye) litigate because it technically violates the ama rules on fixing an outcome?

Post a reply to: Sleepy Coop *Ironman Spoilers*

The Latest