So Cal Racing is Back!

Amateur Motocross racing in Southern California has been on a high for the past few years thanks to the Transworld Motocross Race Series. The unique racing format using two tracks at the same time, low cost entry fees, over 60 classes to choose from and a well-run program at the best facilities has kept moto families stoked on spending weekends at the tracks and lining up for gate drops.

Due to some ownership changes at the end of January it was announced that Transworld Motocross as a whole was on hold. All the employees were laid off and it’s been a rough two weeks trying to figure out what comes next.

The time has come to get racing back on the schedule and have a clear plan going forward. Playing off all the strengths of the former series the same staff that made it happen is now launching under a new brand.

The “Swap Moto Race Series” will have the same feel and experience that everyone has come to love with some great upgrades to improve the families experience at the track. As we prepare these changes we have our eyes set on March 10th for the first event hosted by Milestone MX in Riverside, CA. SwapMotoLive.com will be at the races to cover all the action posting photos and video from the race! Our first series will include six rounds of racing and an overall championship points and awards to riders who attend a minimum of five rounds.

March 10th Milestone MX
April 7th Perris Raceway
April 14th Milestone MX
May 5th Glen Helen Raceway
May 19th LACR
June 2nd Glen Helen Raceway

“Helping grow race participation on the West Coast has been a hugely satisfying over the past eight years,” said Donn Maeda. “This will continue to be the best race series around, only with a different name. The swapmotolive.com crew is stoked to be the exclusive media partner.”

The Swap Moto Race Series will be run by the same all star crew that invented the two track format under the new name CMXRS (California Motocross Race Series). CMXRS President Craig Davis , “My history as a former Pro Racer, race promoter of the Vet X Race Series and being the Race Director for the TWMXRS gives me over 40 years of experience running and racing motocross events. I am dedicated on providing a well-run program that racers and families of all skill levels can enjoy. It’s encouraging for the future of the sport that our race program has the most participants in the youngest and newest rider classes. It shows great potential for the sport”.

For all the VET riders who have been polishing up your bikes and dusting off cobwebs the Trans Am Vet Classic at Glen Helen Raceway is still scheduled for March 24th! We are bringing together the best of the best in the over 25 year old classes for a unique track at the world famous raceway which will include sections on both the National and REM tracks. A three moto championship format and enough stories, blisters and bench racing to last a lifetime. It’s going to be an awesome weekend!

General Manager for Milestone MX, Perris Raceway and VP of CMXRS Aaron Cooke, “I am so honored and grateful of all the phone calls received that included encouragement and hope for a solid race series to continue in Southern California. I am humbled as well by the families and friends willing to open their check books if that was needed to keep this dream alive!”

You can find more info online like additional race dates, pre-registration, and answers to tons of your questions at www.swapmotoraceseries.com Make sure to follow on Instagram @SwapMotoRaceSeries & @SwapMoto. It is the commitment of the Swap Moto Race Series to honor all previously purchased annual memberships to TWMXRS so if you already purchased a membership for 2019 this will cover you for the Swap Moto Race Series. We look forward to seeing everyone on the gate March 10th!
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/16/2019 7:15am
Woot woot!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/16/2019 7:15am
Awesome to hear Donn! Hopefully I’ll see you guys May 19th at LACR!
ob
2/16/2019 7:17am
Nice one Donn!
swtwtwtw
2/16/2019 7:48am
Fantastic!!! Hey would you put up the pictures from twmxrs last round please?

The Shop

TeamGreen
2/16/2019 7:52am
Swap ain't scared!

SwapMotoLive.com

Swap Moto Race Series

Stoked!!!

Red Crawford
2/16/2019 2:10pm
Uh, no. Racing in SoCal never left. But, Transworld folded...
Glad to see a new/old series return to the market.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
2/16/2019 4:04pm
CMC
GFI
CRC
NMA
CMMC

“All gone” uh yes....
Red Crawford
2/16/2019 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2019 6:26pm
langhammx wrote:
CMC
GFI
CRC
NMA
CMMC

“All gone” uh yes....
Rubbish.

CalVMX
ARX
OTHG

All racing in So Cal....without interruption (contrary to the thread title).
Wink
rbyrnes619
2/16/2019 6:58pm
langhammx wrote:
CMC
GFI
CRC
NMA
CMMC

“All gone” uh yes....
Rubbish.

CalVMX
ARX
OTHG

Wink
I'm glad you didn't include REM. $30 gate on top of race fees? WTF?????? I haven't raced it in years due to the high !ss gate fees.
2/16/2019 7:07pm
langhammx wrote:
CMC
GFI
CRC
NMA
CMMC

“All gone” uh yes....
Rubbish.

CalVMX
ARX
OTHG

Wink
No disrespect to those series' you mentioned. Just a reflection of the TWMXRS being back.
Red Crawford
2/16/2019 9:09pm
No disrespect to those series' you mentioned. Just a reflection of the TWMXRS being back.
I appreciate what you are doing and believe it will be next-level----you are leash-free now.
My post was intended to acknowledge all the other groups that have toughed it out over the years. TPTB in CA don't make it easy on any promoter and you all deserve recognition for keeping the stoke alive.
SBD
2/19/2019 8:17am
This is great news !! Looking forward to this series.
SBD
2/19/2019 8:19am
swtwtwtw wrote:
Fantastic!!! Hey would you put up the pictures from twmxrs last round please?
Funny, We actually left a trophy at Milestone, we were planning to pick up at the next round that never happened.
Oh well, just happy that they are starting a new series!

Post a reply to: So Cal Racing is Back!

The Latest