So I contacted Feld

PFitzG38
6/27/2020 10:51pm
Knobbyjake wrote:
about the quality of the Supercross broadcast. Who knows maybe if enough of us voice our concerns there instead of just here we can accomplish something...
about the quality of the Supercross broadcast. Who knows maybe if enough of us voice our concerns there instead of just here we can accomplish something. Here's the link I used for said contact.
https://www.feldentertainment.com/customer-service/
Once at the form I chose the product (Supercross), venue , I put "all", then checked "Performer/performance issues
and also checked "suggestions for improvement "
Then there's a box for your comments. I left a polite missive about my issues with Ralph Shaheen and the broadcast. I suggested a few other broadcasters who might be a better fit and told them to do a Ralph search of this forum to read more thoughts about him. Now's our chance to better the broadcast we have to endure every week. I told them it's the perfect time to start fresh next season. Don't know if it will work but if enough of us let them know it might.

You need to get a different hobby. You put WAY too much time into posting this, I can only imagine the time you took to send your diatribe to Feld (now look at ME) You obviously don't remember "Virtual Grandstand" bitd when you had to refresh your screen every 10 secs while someone typed out the action with a laptop as it happened, do you? or when you would have to call 1800motoinfo. Or have to wait a week for CycleNews or worse yet have to wait 6 mos. for it to be broadcast on Wide Worlds of Sports. If it bothers you that much and you actually are a fan of moto as opposed to just a whiner - I recommend getting a MXGP-TV.com package....wait maybe not, then you'll really have something to complain about re: AMA broadcasts.
Kyle978
6/27/2020 11:10pm
Ralph fucking sucks you complacent peasants
6/28/2020 1:35am
Knobbyjake wrote:
about the quality of the Supercross broadcast. Who knows maybe if enough of us voice our concerns there instead of just here we can accomplish something...
about the quality of the Supercross broadcast. Who knows maybe if enough of us voice our concerns there instead of just here we can accomplish something. Here's the link I used for said contact.
Once at the form I chose the product (Supercross), venue , I put "all", then checked "Performer/performance issues
Then there's a box for your comments. I left a polite missive about my issues with Ralph Shaheen and the broadcast. I suggested a few other broadcasters who might be a better fit and told them to do a Ralph search of this forum to read more thoughts about him. Now's our chance to better the broadcast we have to endure every week. I told them it's the perfect time to start fresh next season. Don't know if it will work but if enough of us let them know it might.

RACERX69 wrote:
For fuggs sake, get a life ya fukk stick. So tired of these threads baggin on Ralph. He's not that bad.
I think your wrong, go back and have a look at how many people go out of there way to post about how Ralph,
He is very bad,
Motofinne
6/28/2020 1:57am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2020 6:18am
Ralph seems like a nice guy. But unless you're his friend or relative, i seriously can't understand how you can watch the SX broadcast and compare it to Nationals, MXGP and the three first SX rounds with Diffey and come to the conclusion that the product is good enough with Ralph in it.

Nothing personal against Ralph, but it is glaringly obvious that he is sub par.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just don't get it.

The Shop

yz133rider
6/28/2020 2:22am
Ralph’s absolutely terrible. Thanks for emailing Feld. Diffey was night and day better than Ralph. Weege or Diffey should be in that spot,not Ralph,

He’d rather talk about riders taking up badminton, glares on tv screens in riders new houses without blinds, walking alligators, going 4x4ing in their spare time, did I mention he’s only 16 years old, Ricky ??!!?

Ralph’s horrible at calling the actual racing, rarely even acknowledges there’s racing happening, when he does - he doesn’t realize that when the clock hits zero there’s still 1- 2 laps to go depending where on the track they are. If he’d been watching the race as opposed to screaming about his fun fact bullshit he might be able to keep up, but makes no effort at actually calling the race and only about screaming about manufacturing drama and fun facts.
philG
6/28/2020 3:36am
omalley wrote:
And to think I used to be happy catching a 2-minute spot about SX a week later on Speedworld... Some people need to appreciate how good...
And to think I used to be happy catching a 2-minute spot about SX a week later on Speedworld...

Some people need to appreciate how good we have it.
When we are all paying $$ just to watch this, we have a dog in the fight.. when its on Free to air, we get what we get, that's how it is, but as soon as it goes PPV.. that's my money , and I am buying a service the same as I am anything else.

If that service is poor, I can say so, and I expect to be heard. So all the shit direction, stupid repeats of stuff we see, and all the rest of the crap production, I am paying for that.

So it needs to be right.

As has been said in other threads, the SME in the truck needs changing, but as the whole thing is a buddy network, its not happening. The fact that it has been how it is for so long tells me nothing will change.

I was optimistic when they pulled Leigh Diffey in, but its gone back to how it was , which is a shame.
cwel11
6/28/2020 4:38am
omalley wrote:
And to think I used to be happy catching a 2-minute spot about SX a week later on Speedworld... Some people need to appreciate how good...
And to think I used to be happy catching a 2-minute spot about SX a week later on Speedworld...

Some people need to appreciate how good we have it.
philG wrote:
When we are all paying $$ just to watch this, we have a dog in the fight.. when its on Free to air, we get what...
When we are all paying $$ just to watch this, we have a dog in the fight.. when its on Free to air, we get what we get, that's how it is, but as soon as it goes PPV.. that's my money , and I am buying a service the same as I am anything else.

If that service is poor, I can say so, and I expect to be heard. So all the shit direction, stupid repeats of stuff we see, and all the rest of the crap production, I am paying for that.

So it needs to be right.

As has been said in other threads, the SME in the truck needs changing, but as the whole thing is a buddy network, its not happening. The fact that it has been how it is for so long tells me nothing will change.

I was optimistic when they pulled Leigh Diffey in, but its gone back to how it was , which is a shame.
This is 100% spot on. I pay for NBC gold. While I appreciate being able to watch live or anytime I want, there are problems with the SX broadcasts. If that’s not evident to you yet, tune in July for MX to hear what great race calling sounds like. The OP decided to actually send an email to pass along his feelings as a paying customer and gets raked over the coals for it. The rest bitch and do nothing, then bitch when someone does something. Bravo
MudPup545
6/28/2020 5:27am
“Just shut up and be happy that we have racing on TV!”

No. I won’t. The production is horrible. The announcing is bad. What we see week after week, season after season is bad. If I’m watching a sport I shouldn’t have to accept 4 slow motion replays during the first lap. Missed passes for the lead. Wrong numbers/names being called. Wrong laps and so on...... .

If you order a ham sandwich and are served turkey instead, do you just happily accept it and move on? Or do you speak up? That is what the OP did.

We shouldn’t have to accept “good enough”. It can be and should be better.

I guarantee you that just about every person on here modifies and improves their bikes in some way beyond stock. Why? We want better than what is being offered. This is no different. Ralph may be a great guy but, he’s not good at what he does. Neither is the production crew.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
6/28/2020 5:32am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2020 5:36am
motokiwi wrote:
You didnt need to email your irrelevant points to feld - the entire industry reads this - including the higher ups at feld (Hi DP -...
You didnt need to email your irrelevant points to feld - the entire industry reads this - including the higher ups at feld (Hi DP - suck my balls gurgle-gurgle).

Ralph is fine, he is a bloody national treasure.
So in other words they know there is a problem, they just dont want to fix it.

Continuing to use Ralph is settling for mediocrity.
spimx
6/28/2020 6:25am
Knobbyjake wrote:

Retirement is a hard life when Ralph is announcing races.
spimx
6/28/2020 6:26am
Who remembers Art Eckman?
Kdunkin
Fantasy
1290th
6/28/2020 6:39am
Man would love to have Baily back in the booth.
6/28/2020 6:47am
MudPup545 wrote:
“Just shut up and be happy that we have racing on TV!” No. I won’t. The production is horrible. The announcing is bad. What we see...
“Just shut up and be happy that we have racing on TV!”

No. I won’t. The production is horrible. The announcing is bad. What we see week after week, season after season is bad. If I’m watching a sport I shouldn’t have to accept 4 slow motion replays during the first lap. Missed passes for the lead. Wrong numbers/names being called. Wrong laps and so on...... .

If you order a ham sandwich and are served turkey instead, do you just happily accept it and move on? Or do you speak up? That is what the OP did.

We shouldn’t have to accept “good enough”. It can be and should be better.

I guarantee you that just about every person on here modifies and improves their bikes in some way beyond stock. Why? We want better than what is being offered. This is no different. Ralph may be a great guy but, he’s not good at what he does. Neither is the production crew.
The things you mentioned here are what’s wrong with the production..
Ralph is fine he is just commentating what he is shown/told to
USA
Fantasy
545th
6/28/2020 7:02am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2020 7:03am
I think Bondo is more to blame for the shortcomings in the broadcast than Ralph. I notice the OP's post is damn near 2 full paragraphs long and he doesnt mention a single problem from Ralph other than Ralph himself, give me a break, theres no way you dont like every single word the guy says..

Bondo on the other hand has been showing us Holeshot replays during heated battles, sometimes 2 or 3 times in slowmo. Same with replays. You can hear the let down in RCs voice when hes expecting a replay of something awesome they just saw, and then they cut to a replay of some other incident. We can all pull specific examples of terrible production decisions during Race Time, just watch any supercross main this year.
Joe512
6/28/2020 7:18am
Knobbyjake wrote:

Please stop
philG
6/28/2020 7:39am
We have 6 months to see if they do anything, I wont be holding my breath.
omalley
6/28/2020 7:55am
Knobbyjake wrote:

RACERX69 wrote:
For fuggs sake, get a life ya fukk stick. So tired of these threads baggin on Ralph. He's not that bad.
BigMunster wrote:
I think your wrong, go back and have a look at how many people go out of there way to post about how Ralph, He is...
I think your wrong, go back and have a look at how many people go out of there way to post about how Ralph,
He is very bad,
That’s more of an indication of how pussified moto has become than a validation of the complaints about Ralph.
Janko630
6/28/2020 8:45am
The problem with Ralph (or the producers) is he doesn't understand the traditional dynamic of sportscasting.

Traditionally the announcer (Ralph) calls the action, whilst the color commentator (RC) talks about the track, conditions, etc. So everytime you hear Ralph gush about Jet only being 16 years old or CR22 retiring, he's overstepping the boundaries of his duty and doing RC's job.

Again, this is all pretty basic stuff you can learn at community college.
DoctorJD
6/28/2020 9:02am
LOL ya'll got SDS (Shaheen Derangement Syndrome). I can assume that most of you complaining have no other sports interest other than moto. Am I right?
Kyle978
6/28/2020 9:08am
Y’all defending Ralph have not given one valid point toward your argument. “Better than nothing” is a horrible bar to have set.
Broseph
6/28/2020 9:12am
chump6784 wrote:
Week after week there are numerous complaints about Ralph on here, someone actually let's Feld know about it and people shoot him down... Makes sense Also...
Week after week there are numerous complaints about Ralph on here, someone actually let's Feld know about it and people shoot him down... Makes sense

Also, fuck the casual fan. I rarely watch F1. I tuned in and heard them talking about kers and drs, I had no idea what they were talking about so I googled it. You don't hear the announces on F1 explaining kers and drs every race so why should supercross be dumbed down. No other sport I watch has the commentators dumb it down so much
Exactly. Can you imagine if other sports were like this?

"Here's Steph Curry in his blue and yellow playing shirt. If he makes this free throw, Ricky, it will be worth ONE point!"
Kyle978
6/28/2020 9:15am
Broseph wrote:
Exactly. Can you imagine if other sports were like this? "Here's Steph Curry in his blue and yellow playing shirt. If he makes this free throw...

"Here's Steph Curry in his blue and yellow playing shirt. If he makes this free throw, Ricky, it will be worth ONE point!"
Nailed it
yz133rider
6/28/2020 9:20am
chump6784 wrote:
Week after week there are numerous complaints about Ralph on here, someone actually let's Feld know about it and people shoot him down... Makes sense Also...
Week after week there are numerous complaints about Ralph on here, someone actually let's Feld know about it and people shoot him down... Makes sense

Also, fuck the casual fan. I rarely watch F1. I tuned in and heard them talking about kers and drs, I had no idea what they were talking about so I googled it. You don't hear the announces on F1 explaining kers and drs every race so why should supercross be dumbed down. No other sport I watch has the commentators dumb it down so much
Broseph wrote:
Exactly. Can you imagine if other sports were like this? "Here's Steph Curry in his blue and yellow playing shirt. If he makes this free throw...

He also makes god awful jokes/puns for example.

During stephs time away from the court he likes to go surfing with his friends on surfboards. Look at Him ride that wave right to the free throw line.
Kyle978
6/28/2020 9:27am
Monte122 wrote:
First world problems!
Villagers in Africa are sick of his shit too, Monte.
omalley
6/28/2020 9:41am
I weep for what this country has become....
Yep. Bunch of whiny, entitled pussies.
Motofinne
6/28/2020 9:43am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2020 1:18pm
DoctorJD wrote:
LOL ya'll got SDS (Shaheen Derangement Syndrome). I can assume that most of you complaining have no other sports interest other than moto. Am I right?
Quite the opposite. I watch hours of soccer every week, i watch all F1 sessions races including the free practise, i watch all MotoGP races including free practise, i watch all WSBK races, i watch most BSB races, i watch NHL.
Kyle978
6/28/2020 9:44am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2020 9:48am
I weep for what this country has become....
omalley wrote:
Yep. Bunch of whiny, entitled pussies.
Go ride an air cooled XR250 with pogo sticks for suspension at the moto track then if you prefer an inferior product. And if you realize the experience is worse and want to ride a modern 450 or 250f, you will be labeled an entitled pussy. Pussy.

Ralph was barely an XR250 when he started. He’s gotten worse over the last 12-15 years and is now a Pep Boys pitbike at best.

Post a reply to: So I contacted Feld

The Latest