So does the WW track look like it'll create some good racing?

jeffro503
I don't know anything about this track , except for a few pictures posted here.

GuyB or anyone else there....what are your thoughts? Will it flow well? Get rough? Tilled deep or not?

Kinda weird we have a USGP going on here and we all don't know much about it. I got my mxgp pass to watch tomorrow and Sunday. Hope we see some great racing.
|
eilers434
9/1/2017 4:26pm
The track looks like its going to get crazy rough for the guys on sunday, (as most gp's do) it looks pretty soft in most of the sections. Should be a very fast wide open track where guys will have to really get creative with lines or just go balls out and rail outsides to makes passes.
aeffertz
9/1/2017 4:45pm
Considering they made Charlotte well enough to provide some good racing, I'm sure this will be fine. I'm excited!

I'm with you, though. I'd like to see some updated pics or video.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2310th
9/1/2017 5:13pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I don't know anything about this track , except for a few pictures posted here. GuyB or anyone else there....what are your thoughts? Will it flow...
I don't know anything about this track , except for a few pictures posted here.

GuyB or anyone else there....what are your thoughts? Will it flow well? Get rough? Tilled deep or not?

Kinda weird we have a USGP going on here and we all don't know much about it. I got my mxgp pass to watch tomorrow and Sunday. Hope we see some great racing.
Great question! I haven't seen any helmet cams on this track yet either, was really hoping for coverage like we get at the Nationals, but can't find anything.

The Shop

JMR1976
9/1/2017 5:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 5:25pm
The track looks fast. I'm thinking it should make for some good racing. I will be looking forward to seeing how rough it will get.
honda907
9/1/2017 5:55pm
Track is fast. Rode it today at amateur day today. Lots of booters.

50 plus class was the largest class with 18. Crazy

Front straight is fastest part of the track. Track became gnarly. Not sure there will be lots of passing, but there will be some.
9/1/2017 6:06pm
honda907 wrote:
Track is fast. Rode it today at amateur day today. Lots of booters. 50 plus class was the largest class with 18. Crazy Front straight is...

Front straight is fastest part of the track. Track became gnarly. Not sure there will be lots of passing, but there will be some.
That track is wider than some highways in spots. There should be plenty of passing.
9/1/2017 6:18pm
Am excited for tomorrow.

Just a wish a few more AMA guys were in, especially Musquin, but it'll be great.
BMSOBx2
9/1/2017 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 6:52pm
So standard MXGP steel starting gate right? Thoughts? How different is it from our gates? Pirelli, Dunlop?
wfo4ever
9/1/2017 6:42pm
My cousin and his family own WW Motocross Park where the US MXGP race is. I do know my cousin "Junior" has put his heart and soul into this track. He did not have much notice for the MXGP, but I will bet you the track will be awesome with plenty of passing. Check out WW Motocross Park on You Tube and there is a interview with my cousin on You Tube also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_AY0YzTq0A I wish I was down there, but family obligations always come first. I did sign up for the 2 day pass on MXGP-TV for under $10.00. Should be some great racing at WW Motocross Park!!!
steed 2.0
9/1/2017 7:23pm
I think the track is not the biggest concern, but how about attendance?
Lucifa.
9/1/2017 7:31pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
I came to watch the racing. Not the crowd.
brlatm
9/1/2017 7:36pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
Lucifa. wrote:
I came to watch the racing. Not the crowd.
WGAF, I mean I bet there are more than what was in Doha or Indonesia.

I'm here to see the best from all over the world ride the holy living shit out of their dirt camels, I could care less if anyone else came and the attendance is huge or not.

BTW Go ET3!
ledger
9/1/2017 7:43pm
wfo4ever wrote:
My cousin and his family own WW Motocross Park where the US MXGP race is. I do know my cousin "Junior" has put his heart and...
My cousin and his family own WW Motocross Park where the US MXGP race is. I do know my cousin "Junior" has put his heart and soul into this track. He did not have much notice for the MXGP, but I will bet you the track will be awesome with plenty of passing. Check out WW Motocross Park on You Tube and there is a interview with my cousin on You Tube also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_AY0YzTq0A I wish I was down there, but family obligations always come first. I did sign up for the 2 day pass on MXGP-TV for under $10.00. Should be some great racing at WW Motocross Park!!!
He's a good dude, Great interview.
jeffro503
9/1/2017 8:06pm
wfo4ever wrote:
My cousin and his family own WW Motocross Park where the US MXGP race is. I do know my cousin "Junior" has put his heart and...
That's awesome man! I'm sure it'll be great. I know some guys slammed on NC race last year , and I thought it was some of the very best racing all year....in GP's or nationals!! Your cousin's place ( WW ) looks like it could make for some epic racing. Sure hope it does anyways. Praying like hell that those thunder storms don't ruin it!
jeffro503
9/1/2017 8:09pm
eilers434 wrote:
The track looks like its going to get crazy rough for the guys on sunday, (as most gp's do) it looks pretty soft in most of...
The track looks like its going to get crazy rough for the guys on sunday, (as most gp's do) it looks pretty soft in most of the sections. Should be a very fast wide open track where guys will have to really get creative with lines or just go balls out and rail outsides to makes passes.
This is what I like to hear! The rougher , the better!

@Harry......dude I hope you have fun there tomorrow. Should be an awesome time. Tell all the Vital bro's Jeffro said hello.
aeffertz
9/1/2017 9:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 9:04pm
Spectator-wise still doesn't seem that great. Hard to do with a flat plane. Track looks awesome, and unique, though!

I think this round will be so cool in that it will be like the top pros on our local-type of track. Granted this is a super nice facility and everything, most tracks don't have the luxury of massive natural terrain like most GP and National tracks. Will be cool to see them tear that place up this weekend!
jeffro503
9/1/2017 10:13pm
I haven't seen this before. That looks pretty damn good to me. I don't think these guys had much time to build this entire facility , and from what I see it looks pretty damn nice.

It's a true " New " track , in which no American or GP rider has been able to touch. The weather seems like it'll be perfect too. I think tomorrow will be good! Looking forward to watching it.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
9/2/2017 1:48am
honda907 wrote:
Track is fast. Rode it today at amateur day today. Lots of booters. 50 plus class was the largest class with 18. Crazy Front straight is...

That track is wider than some highways in spots. There should be plenty of passing.
Wide doesn't necessarily mean it won't be one-lined. It gives it a better chance, but there's a lot of wide tracks that have one fast line.
tempura
9/2/2017 3:30am
For a flat track, without any natural terrain, it looks pretty darn good!
They've obviously put a lot of hard work into it, and should produce some good racing.
9/2/2017 3:36am
There will be passing, always is in mxgp

Track looks rad and I hope for some rain so it gets gnarly and rough, knowing Florida there's bound to some surely at this time of year , I also hope there's a lot of support races like a GP to dig the track out even more, is there a youth 125 race or similar this weekend?

Post a reply to: So does the WW track look like it'll create some good racing?

The Latest