Sold my house and spoke with a little of that excess cash!

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 11/10/2017 5:41pm
Yep. I did it. Almost back home with it. Drove to northern South Carolina to pick it up. It's not perfect, but in pretty good shape. Its a great base to build upon.

|
RbR
11/8/2017 3:19pm
86?
kijen
11/8/2017 4:00pm
Nice! You can rip around nflmx just fine on that, I still think about getting 79 cr250 or early 80s rm,
Are ypu going to do a build thread?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/8/2017 4:15pm
kijen wrote:
Nice! You can rip around nflmx just fine on that, I still think about getting 79 cr250 or early 80s rm, Are ypu going to do...
Nice! You can rip around nflmx just fine on that, I still think about getting 79 cr250 or early 80s rm,
Are ypu going to do a build thread?
He better do one. That thing is awesome. Plus he's got plenty of time now that he's retired and all.

Harrybro, you better put period correct numbers and graphics on that thing.

The Shop

reded
11/8/2017 4:22pm
...along with the rear disc and side covers.
peelout
you're a God damn American hero, bro!

xr70
Rear disc. 87
olds cool
11/8/2017 4:28pm
Is that the one that was on CL in Greenville? Either way, niiice bike Harry bro. I want one of those some day for a project!
tobz
11/8/2017 4:39pm
Why?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
11/8/2017 4:44pm
Anonymous wrote:
Yep. I did it. Almost back home with it. Drove to northern South Carolina to pick it up. It's not perfect, but in pretty good shape...
Yep. I did it. Almost back home with it. Drove to northern South Carolina to pick it up. It's not perfect, but in pretty good shape. Its a great base to build upon.

Who would name a store after their ill performing penis?
11/8/2017 5:10pm
disbanded wrote:
So you live in the truck now?
Aha! No, but I do live in a camper in Folkston, Georgia. Our house is being built.
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
11/8/2017 5:17pm
Harry! Thats better than a cat, you a stud.
11/8/2017 5:18pm
olds cool wrote:
Is that the one that was on CL in Greenville? Either way, niiice bike Harry bro. I want one of those some day for a project!
It was in Lancaster, South Carolina. It's very close to Charlotte. I think Charlotte was only like another 30 miles north.

That guy has got some nice bikes. The RM500 is amazing, and might have been ridden once. He got from UNC (I think he said UNC). Some engineering professor at the college was into MX and for a class project they built a one-off RM500 using a KX500 motor. Suzuki donated the frame and plastic. Takasago donated the wheels. The Ohlins suspension was just gorgeous. To my eyes, it looked like it had never been ridden. It's loaded with trick parts. Hydraulic clutch, on and on.

To me, the 1986 David Bailey CR250 was the prize there. It was in very good condition. I have a bunch of pictures and will post them soon.

Thanks one and all. I will do a build thread, but it is going to be awhile. I need to do a once over on it and make sure it has fluids, air filter, etc. He said it has been sitting for years. If it checks out, I will take it out once and then put it away until we get into the new house where I can get at it in the proper environment. And yes, it will be restored to correct graphics. I hate the yellow side plates. Blech.
bvm111
11/8/2017 5:40pm Edited Date/Time 11/8/2017 5:41pm
87 CR125 was my first big bike... bagged a lot of groceries to save up for it back in 88. My buddy had a 86 and we would ride out of our garages in AZ every afternoon when we got home from school... awesome memories... awesome motorcycle... and awesome purchase Harry!
11/8/2017 6:00pm
It was in Lancaster, South Carolina. It's very close to Charlotte. I think Charlotte was only like another 30 miles north. That guy has got some...
It was in Lancaster, South Carolina. It's very close to Charlotte. I think Charlotte was only like another 30 miles north.

That guy has got some nice bikes. The RM500 is amazing, and might have been ridden once. He got from UNC (I think he said UNC). Some engineering professor at the college was into MX and for a class project they built a one-off RM500 using a KX500 motor. Suzuki donated the frame and plastic. Takasago donated the wheels. The Ohlins suspension was just gorgeous. To my eyes, it looked like it had never been ridden. It's loaded with trick parts. Hydraulic clutch, on and on.

To me, the 1986 David Bailey CR250 was the prize there. It was in very good condition. I have a bunch of pictures and will post them soon.

Thanks one and all. I will do a build thread, but it is going to be awhile. I need to do a once over on it and make sure it has fluids, air filter, etc. He said it has been sitting for years. If it checks out, I will take it out once and then put it away until we get into the new house where I can get at it in the proper environment. And yes, it will be restored to correct graphics. I hate the yellow side plates. Blech.
We need more professors like this haha, who wouldn't sign up for that class?
kkawboy14
11/8/2017 6:07pm
So you buy a boat anchor that won’t fall out of a tree fast? NICE!
11/8/2017 6:11pm
Some more pics of the various bikes that turned my crank. First up is the 86 Bailey 250 replica.

And below I give you the RM500.

Apparently the bike below was recently featured in Racer X and was built by David Pingree. The picture sucks, but the bike was gorgeous.

All these bikes are for sale. If you're within driving distance, make him an offer. He seemed like a reasonable, decent guy.

olds cool
11/8/2017 6:15pm
olds cool wrote:
It was in Lancaster, South Carolina. It's very close to Charlotte. I think Charlotte was only like another 30 miles north. That guy has got some...

Yeah, I remember that being at that dealer in Lancaster now. Selling off his collection for the kid's college or some nonsense like that. I guess I can't keep my CL ads straight! Tongue
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/8/2017 6:16pm
Some more pics of the various bikes that turned my crank. First up is the 86 Bailey 250 replica. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/08/224073/s1200_1108171331_resized.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/08/224074/s1200_1108171331a_resized.jpg[/img] And below I give you...
Some more pics of the various bikes that turned my crank. First up is the 86 Bailey 250 replica.

And below I give you the RM500.

Apparently the bike below was recently featured in Racer X and was built by David Pingree. The picture sucks, but the bike was gorgeous.

All these bikes are for sale. If you're within driving distance, make him an offer. He seemed like a reasonable, decent guy.

The last bike was featured in a Racer X video just over a month ago. How did he acquire it? Any idea? That bike is awesome.

Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/B_Vzz06FIt0?rel=0
11/8/2017 6:18pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
That 101 bike seems like the deal!
It was beautiful. Perfect in every way. I told him you can put a price on it, but getting someone to pay it is a whole nother story. It's a 2017 YZ250 that is upgraded with virtually every trick part money can buy. The engine is built to the hilt.
11/8/2017 6:30pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
The last bike was featured in a Racer X video just over a month ago. How did he acquire it? Any idea? That bike is awesome...
The last bike was featured in a Racer X video just over a month ago. How did he acquire it? Any idea? That bike is awesome.

Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/B_Vzz06FIt0?rel=0

Apparently he (the dealer) knows Ricky Johnson and the deal was arranged through Ricky. It's a real shame I was in such a hurry to get out of there because he told me a bunch of things about the bikes. I probably got half the stories mixed up. In a post above I said the engine was highly modded, but Ping says it is not. I think I got my stories mixed up with another bike (like the RM500 for example).

I could have stayed there for hours, but I had to do the trip in one day and it's about 5.5 hours one way. I was only there for about 30 minutes.

Post a reply to: Sold my house and spoke with a little of that excess cash!

The Latest