Spoke with my raffle tickets

Dimblewambie
7/22/2020 7:27am
Congrats! Keep this thread going so we can see the build progress.
Most definitely will! Getting back home today and will start cleaning up and adding all the cool parts from the vendors.
Mxracer607
7/23/2020 2:30am
And they delivered! I can not thank Steve and everyone at PulpMX, Mike at Yamaha USA, and all of the supporting sponsors like Michelin, RoostMX, Guts...
And they delivered!

I can not thank Steve and everyone at PulpMX, Mike at Yamaha USA, and all of the supporting sponsors like Michelin, RoostMX, Guts racing, Racetech, Vortex sprockets, FMF, Works Connection, and FXR enough!

Going back a few weeks to show 430, minding my own business eating my lousy homemade sammich and listening to the Pulp show on a Tuesday afternoon like I always do and that’s when it happened. Chris Betts raising hell and trying to win the bike, Marx sarcastically calling his name and then he drops my name. I couldnt believe it! Just 24hrs prior I was quickly entering my CC info to purchase 4 raffle tickets and suddenly I’m sitting there thinking my mind is playing tricks on me. I played It back several times, recorded it and sent it to friends and family and they were beyond disbelief as well. I went about the rest of my work day, who knows if I was actually doing the job I was supposed to be doing though. I was too stoked. I heard from steve that evening and he quickly set out to get me in contact with all the sponsors who supported this raffle.

I think it was literally the next day, my girlfriend sends me a picture of a giant box with my name on it from FMF and I receive emails from Randy at Michelin and Chris from Racetech. That’s when it really sunk in, this was real and I was going to get dialed in thanks to Pulp. More parts roll in as the days turn to weeks and my appreciation grows with every unboxing.

Fast forward to this week and I get an email from steve asking if I’d be able to meet them at Glen Helen on Thursday. Make a couple quick calls and move some work around and I am ready to go! Mike Ulrich of Yamaha rings me and gives me the game plan, from there it was a pretty sleepless night in anticipation of what Thursday at Glen Helen will bring.

I get to the track around 11:45, call mike and they are about 10min out. Hangout a little bit until they arrive and once we got in and parked Yamaha really rolled out the Blu carpet for me. I get to officially meet the Yamaha media guys, Kris Keefer and talk a little YZ450F with him, and of course Mr. PulpMX Steve Matthes and his buddy the greatest retired rider ever RV. I got to spend the better part of the afternoon hanging out with all these guys I listen to weekly, idolized watching win races and championships on TV, oh yeah and I got to break in my new bike at GH on a Thursday afternoon. Beyond any of my wildest dreams.

It’s truly remarkable what they’ve all done for me, without them I don’t believe I ever would have been back to a motocross track and riding, something I grew up doing multiple times a week through my high school years. This has propelled me back in, and I’m already thinking of where and when to ride next. Again, thank you to everyone who played a part in this, I will remember this moment for the rest of my life.

The Yamahauler

Fresh YZ, for me?!

RV and Matthes with my new blucru

Thank you (L to R) Mike, Ryan and Steve

Loaded up after a few break in laps

RV and myself, teammates!

is that a losi 5ivet in the background or a Baja rey

The Shop

Dimblewambie
7/23/2020 7:03am
Mxracer607 wrote:
is that a losi 5ivet in the background or a Baja rey
Losi 5ive-T on the stand there.. I also have a super rock rey on the shelf below. Racing RC was the hobby I turned to when I quit riding the tracks however many years ago.
Dimblewambie
7/23/2020 7:16am
Got home from vacation yesterday afternoon, quickly proceeded to get back to working on the Yamaha. The factory clamp from mid pipe to muffler is too big for the FMF so I’ll have to get a slightly smaller one or just run RTV like the instructions state. It looks trick and has a better bark to it that’s for sure, trying to stop myself from buying the complete head pipe to complete the package... definitely don’t need more power. Thank you FMF!

OBS pic for the enthusiasts here.

Dimblewambie
7/28/2020 8:42am
She’s coming along nicely, I’ve always preferred stock graphics and keeping it simple but I have to say RoostMX graphics look great and were easy to install! First graphics kit I’ve ever done and I think it came out pretty decent. Fork and shock were dropped off at Racetech on Friday as well.

Works connection braces installed.

kNewc
7/28/2020 9:24am
This is awesome! Keep us updated especially when it's complete. Sweet deal man I'm glad that you won (since you'll actually ride)! Congratulations
Dimblewambie
8/23/2020 10:50am
Been a little bit since an update, and since I’ve been able to wrench on it. Picked up the suspension from Racetech a couple weeks ago but have been gone on vacation in mammoth the last week or so. Finally back home and not even unpacked I knew what had to be done. Thank you to everyone, I am so appreciative of everything you guys have done for me!

Dimblewambie
11/15/2020 7:36pm
Bump, got 3hrs on the blucru. Time to get back to track time twice a week like the old days. Thank you PulpMx!

OT
Fantasy
3056th
11/16/2020 12:03am
Hell of a story man, congrats! I'm a fan of Pulp and it's great to see people like Steve doing things like this in the sport
Teejay
Fantasy
889th
11/16/2020 1:52pm
Very happy for you, looks like it went to a deserving winner! But how is the bike standing up on that photo? 😄
Dimblewambie
11/16/2020 6:49pm
Teejay wrote:
Very happy for you, looks like it went to a deserving winner! But how is the bike standing up on that photo? 😄
Yamaha has that 50/50 weight balance perfected, even with single muffler 🙃
Fog 25
Fantasy
1312th
11/17/2020 10:43pm Edited Date/Time 11/17/2020 10:59pm
@Dimblewambie
Congratulations on the bike and all the extras
👍Nice score 👍
My question is what breed of dog is that?
str8line
11/18/2020 12:51pm
Damn, that thing is sweet. Love the graphics.

How's the Racetech suspension feeling? Did you ride it stock first and how big of a difference is it?

Man, pretty cool to not only win a bike and mods but have RV2 there for the delivery. That is so sick.
Dimblewambie
11/18/2020 1:10pm
Fog 25 wrote:
@Dimblewambie
Congratulations on the bike and all the extras
👍Nice score 👍
My question is what breed of dog is that?
Thank you! He’s a Neapolitan Mastiff

Dimblewambie
11/18/2020 1:16pm
str8line wrote:
Damn, that thing is sweet. Love the graphics. How's the Racetech suspension feeling? Did you ride it stock first and how big of a difference is...
Damn, that thing is sweet. Love the graphics.

How's the Racetech suspension feeling? Did you ride it stock first and how big of a difference is it?

Man, pretty cool to not only win a bike and mods but have RV2 there for the delivery. That is so sick.
Thanks! I’m happy with the way it turned out, Weimers Moto Fite Club bike was the inspiration behind it for me, Roost did an excellent job paying thanks to the companies who helped put this together. I only rode it in stock trim the day I picked it up around GH for 6 laps or so. The Racetech suspension has felt really good so far afterwards, haven’t felt the need to adjust any clickers at all just set sag.

It all really is truly unbelievable to me still, can’t thank everyone enough. one of the few uppers through this downer of a year.

Post a reply to: Spoke with my raffle tickets

The Latest