Spoke with my wallet!

Anonymous (not verified)
11/7/2018 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 9:05pm
I have wanted to make this post for a while now, so here we go! Woohoo
We planned on getting one for our 4 year old daughter.......then

....they just HAD to have 1, 19 YZ laying around collecting dust. So here is my 3rd YZ250, 1st fresh one.

Will be yellow soon, but first I gotta do something about the blue wheels. I absolutely can't stand them.Sick
|
ledger
11/7/2018 9:48pm
love to see the little bike's and knowing that a kiddo is about to take the launch of adventure for good times. Let me know if you need a yellow Clarke tank, I've got a new one. Congrats on the new ride.
Doddy
11/7/2018 9:58pm
Thanks Matt!

Bryan, I respect that. A few others have told me the same thing and I should stop crying about it.

The Shop

Doddy
11/7/2018 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 11/10/2018 1:52am
ledger wrote:
love to see the little bike's and knowing that a kiddo is about to take the launch of adventure for good times. Let me know if...
love to see the little bike's and knowing that a kiddo is about to take the launch of adventure for good times. Let me know if you need a yellow Clarke tank, I've got a new one. Congrats on the new ride.
Thank you. She is pretty excited. Getting a new bike is nice, but her getting a bike really overshadows it. I'm super pumped for her. I do need a tank, but not yet. I may need to wait till after the holidays. Thanks again.
mikec265
11/7/2018 10:22pm
Hell yeah! My little girl turns 2 in a month. She was going through her big brothers PWs Only catalog and pointing at the pink ones. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts!
Doddy
11/7/2018 10:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2018 10:41pm
mikec265 wrote:
Hell yeah! My little girl turns 2 in a month. She was going through her big brothers PWs Only catalog and pointing at the pink ones...
Hell yeah! My little girl turns 2 in a month. She was going through her big brothers PWs Only catalog and pointing at the pink ones. Gotta enjoy it while it lasts!
You enjoy it too!It really does go by fast. She is already 4 and tries to run the show here haha She already wanted the thing pink and when saw the PWonly site....it was game on. Black with pink graphics and black wheels. Grinning
11/8/2018 1:28am
While it is cool going riding with your kid, there is a down side. If it's just you and your kid like it was for us and you got to watch them and do your bit of volunteer track watering done, I only got 2 rides in for the day. Still it's very nice bit of dad and lad but yeah, your going to be flat out getting your own seat time.
11/8/2018 2:02am
Anonymous wrote:
I have wanted to make this post for a while now, so here we go! :woohoo: We planned on getting one for our 4 year old...

....they just HAD to have 1, 19 YZ laying around collecting dust. So here is my 3rd YZ250, 1st fresh one.

Will be yellow soon, but first I gotta do something about the blue wheels. I absolutely can't stand them.Sick
I'm with you the blue anodized rims never match the royal blue plastics. I'd slap some regular steel rims on her and call it a day! I'm torn between a new Husky 250 or YZ250 2 smoke after the holidays. In any case congrats on the new rides, hope you and lil miss enjoy them.
Polarbear332
Fantasy
692nd
11/8/2018 6:36am
I have a set of black rims with yellow/gold hubs if you are interested in trading? They are off a 2016 YZ450F. Not sure if they interchange or what needs to be done to make them work.

jeffro503
11/8/2018 8:06am
Oh man Doddy , this is definitely a proper " spoke with the wallet " thread . And I bet your little girl will have a blast on that thing. We'll definitely all need some follow up pics! And good job dad!
dh893
11/8/2018 8:35am
If you want to sell the rims (not complete wheels) to buy black ones, let me know
buggz
11/8/2018 3:06pm
Congrats on the bikes, you and the little one enjoy. Great times

I am with ya on the blue wheels, Our 18's and 19's I sold immediately and we run the silvers. Much cleaner looking imho
Neverclear
11/8/2018 4:22pm
Anonymous wrote:
I have wanted to make this post for a while now, so here we go! :woohoo: We planned on getting one for our 4 year old...

Awesome.

I enjoyed buying bikes more for my kids than myself ever since they were both little. Taking my son-in-law to buy my grandson's CRF50 a couple of seasons ago was a big Grandad highlight for me. It's great that we are passing it on.

Best of luck with both.
Doddy
11/8/2018 9:13pm
Thank you all for the kind words and sharing. I enjoy reading your guys experiences and stories.

She will ride hers before I even get a chance to start mine I'm sure. I'm cool with that. I will take and post pictures when she gets to ride it.Woohoo

For the wheels, I'm not sure what I am going to do with them yet. I think I may just lace up new rims. If I do that I will sell the rims.

NorCalRedRyder: Personally, I feel better on the Yamaha and my others never let me down. It's also pretty cool to buy a bike brand new that I have ridden for years. It was already my favorite. So I am a little biased. Grinning
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
11/9/2018 6:54am
Congratulations, personally I think the Blue wheels look great, but definitely not if you want to go yellow, I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone to trade.
Doddy
11/10/2018 12:40am
Tarz483 wrote:
Congratulations, personally I think the Blue wheels look great, but definitely not if you want to go yellow, I'm sure you will have no problem finding...
Congratulations, personally I think the Blue wheels look great, but definitely not if you want to go yellow, I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone to trade.
Thank you. I'm torn between silver rims/black hubs and gold/black. I am leaning more toward gold/black.

It does seem that there is interest in the blue rims, so they won't be used. I also won't need the tires. I have family things to attend to so I won't even touch it for a few weeks.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/10/2018 9:22am
Tarz483 wrote:
Congratulations, personally I think the Blue wheels look great, but definitely not if you want to go yellow, I'm sure you will have no problem finding...
Doddy wrote:
Thank you. I'm torn between silver rims/black hubs and gold/black. I am leaning more toward gold/black. It does seem that there is interest in the blue...
Thank you. I'm torn between silver rims/black hubs and gold/black. I am leaning more toward gold/black.

It does seem that there is interest in the blue rims, so they won't be used. I also won't need the tires. I have family things to attend to so I won't even touch it for a few weeks.
In a world where practically everyone has black wheels the blue wheels are a nice change. I personally like them. That said I've always liked silver rims on the Yamaha's so if you're looking to get something different here's a setup you don't see often. This is what I would personally run.

Silver rims with blue hubs or with blue nipples if you want more color. I'd stick to silver nipples.

11/10/2018 9:39am
If you wanna trade wheels let me know. I got silvers. Can get them hubs powder coated blue for ya too.
Doddy
11/10/2018 10:09am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In a world where practically everyone has black wheels the blue wheels are a nice change. I personally like them. That said I've always liked silver...
In a world where practically everyone has black wheels the blue wheels are a nice change. I personally like them. That said I've always liked silver rims on the Yamaha's so if you're looking to get something different here's a setup you don't see often. This is what I would personally run.

Silver rims with blue hubs or with blue nipples if you want more color. I'd stick to silver nipples.

Thanks Joe. Passing these things down and what comes with it is just awesome to say the least. It still has not sunk in all the way. For my girl and myself.

Maverick: Thanks for the input. I have always had silver. I do like them alot, but this is the last time the bike will be seen in blue trim. She is going to be yellow and at some point an extra set of white/red. So blue hubs would really look out of place.

Do you(or anyone) have a recommendation for a graphics company that can design me something or let me design my own? I have not found any I like 100% .
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/10/2018 10:59am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
In a world where practically everyone has black wheels the blue wheels are a nice change. I personally like them. That said I've always liked silver...

Doddy wrote:
Thanks Joe. Passing these things down and what comes with it is just awesome to say the least. It still has not sunk in all the...
Thanks Joe. Passing these things down and what comes with it is just awesome to say the least. It still has not sunk in all the way. For my girl and myself.

Maverick: Thanks for the input. I have always had silver. I do like them alot, but this is the last time the bike will be seen in blue trim. She is going to be yellow and at some point an extra set of white/red. So blue hubs would really look out of place.

Do you(or anyone) have a recommendation for a graphics company that can design me something or let me design my own? I have not found any I like 100% .
Well if you're switching your bike to yellow plastics/black graphics with an extra set of white plastics/red graphics it's a no brainer, gold rims/black hubs. Will look great with both designs.

If you're going for the old school look for both plastic kits, Decal Works do great work or LimeNine out of Canada.

These are LimeNine

Decal Works

11/10/2018 6:14pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Doddy wrote:
Thanks Joe. Passing these things down and what comes with it is just awesome to say the least. It still has not sunk in all the...

180 Decals. Bryar is the man, you can go full custom if you want on the website and he'll work with you. Great, honest dude.
Frank
11/10/2018 6:26pm
VP C12 with Maxima 927. Fuck all these electric bike threads/posts. Good work brother. You spoke like a man.
macz400
11/11/2018 5:10am
Anonymous wrote:

Email me if you want to sell the blue wheels. Robinmac82@yahoo.com
ledger
11/11/2018 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 11/11/2018 9:05pm
Delete...tada.
11/11/2018 4:49pm
Tarz483 wrote:
Doddy wrote:
Thank you. I'm torn between silver rims/black hubs and gold/black. I am leaning more toward gold/black. It does seem that there is interest in the blue...

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Here’s mine. It’s a good color combo!

Post a reply to: Spoke with my wallet!

The Latest