Sponsors we might not support...

Edited Date/Time 1/22/2018 6:09pm
Just because we don't know much about them.

Noticed the Bubba Burger logo on BB4's shoulder.
If you have not tried them before...definitely give them a chance. Been eating them for years.
They come frozen. You cook them on the grill while still frozen...very quick and easy.
Just throw on a hot grill...about 5 minutes each side and bam...super tasty, juicy, delicious.

Be interested to hear about some of the other "minor" sponsors you guys know we should try.
|
bama205
1/13/2018 6:05am
I used discount tire for the first time lastafter reed was sponsored by them. will use again.
1/13/2018 6:08am
Not much use over here, but I always try to support those companies that put support into the sport, especially the lower level guys. It's how we as spectators can encourage the sport to grow.
pete24
1/13/2018 6:11am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 6:11am
i bought falken tires for my van cuz i remebered poto pushing them
1/13/2018 6:12am
bama205 wrote:
I used discount tire for the first time lastafter reed was sponsored by them. will use again.
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132 and Walmart had the same exact tire for $87. I’d say there name is a bit misleading lol

The Shop

1/13/2018 6:15am
bama205 wrote:
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132...
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132 and Walmart had the same exact tire for $87. I’d say there name is a bit misleading lol
Except free flat repairs, they are replacing the valve stem or upgrading the sensor, and most importantly could have been with free no cost replacement tire warranty. And I’d never let wal mart touch a thing. There is a reason discount tire is the biggest and most trusted tire company.... and they price match...
skypig
1/13/2018 6:41am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 6:42am
I bought my first car tires from “French Brothers Tires” because they had a “Sandwich Board” at the local MX races.
This was 1980.
I try and support anyone that supports our sport. Previously I’ve drawn the line at cigarettes (just foolish), and currently draw the line at “Energy Drinks” (almost as bad as lung darts). I’d buy branded gear, gladly pay to see inside the Red Bull air museum, but drink something full of sugar or artificial sweetener? Not for me. (Anymore)

Conversely, there are several newspapers I loathe. Obviously I never buy them, but if I find one, I skim through, and attempt to boycott their advertisers.....
1/13/2018 6:59am
bama205 wrote:
That was the first place I checked a few weeks ago when I was shopping around for new tires for my wife’s car. They wanted $132...
Except free flat repairs, they are replacing the valve stem or upgrading the sensor, and most importantly could have been with free no cost replacement tire...
Except free flat repairs, they are replacing the valve stem or upgrading the sensor, and most importantly could have been with free no cost replacement tire warranty. And I’d never let wal mart touch a thing. There is a reason discount tire is the biggest and most trusted tire company.... and they price match...
It was just buying the tires lol. I can’t see how there is such a huge difference in price. But anyways back the original content of the thread
philG
1/13/2018 7:01am
Support those that support the sport.

Red Bull,always gets my money, because they go about their business the right way, and without them , we wouldnt have Monster either.

Support the local folk that support your local sport... your dealers and any who throws a buck in the pot.

Rhino
1/13/2018 7:12am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 8:39am
pete24 wrote:
Garbage though. Tried 2 sets.

Discount also sells Falken under their own brand name(Rocky Mountain), and if you look at them, the tread only goes 50% down, then it's a solid rib/slick.

I only got 28,000 out of a set of E rated on a 1 ton crew cab(Falken WIlpeak) and 24,000 out of the E rated ones on the Tundra.(Rocky Mountain, also E rated)

And that was running down to the cords. They don't wear flat either.

My faves are still good old BFG A/T's but their spacing is known for grabbing rocks and throwing them into the fender with a big bang. (We have a mile long washed gravel road to our 4 tracks.)

I DID Like that the Falken/Rocky Mountain had a 3 ply sidewall like BFG and some others though. Most E rated are still 2 ply sidewalls.
Rhino
1/13/2018 7:19am
I feed my dogs Blue Buffalo grain free dog food.
Almost everyone I know gets Blue Buffalo.
Panic_Rev
1/13/2018 7:19am
My dogs didn’t like it. Went back to science diet.

What is Knich? I googled them to see what they do after seeing their partnership with Yamaha and I can’t find anything.
fast willy
1/13/2018 7:25am
Panic_Rev wrote:
My dogs didn’t like it. Went back to science diet. What is Knich? I googled them to see what they do after seeing their partnership with...
My dogs didn’t like it. Went back to science diet.

What is Knich? I googled them to see what they do after seeing their partnership with Yamaha and I can’t find anything.

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/13/2018 7:30am
pete24 wrote:
Rhino wrote:
Garbage though. Tried 2 sets. Discount also sells Falken under their own brand name(Rocky Mountain), and if you look at them, the tread only goes 50%...

Discount also sells Falken under their own brand name(Rocky Mountain), and if you look at them, the tread only goes 50% down, then it's a solid rib/slick.

I only got 28,000 out of a set of E rated on a 1 ton crew cab(Falken WIlpeak) and 24,000 out of the E rated ones on the Tundra.(Rocky Mountain, also E rated)

My faves are still good old BFG A/T's but their spacing is known for grabbing rocks and throwing them into the fender with a big bang. (We have a mile long washed gravel road to our 4 tracks.)

I DID Like that the Falken/Rocky Mountain had a 3 ply sidewall like BFG and some others though. Most E rated are still 2 ply sidewalls.
Really? I had a set and they were awesome. My sister used them on her car also and never had an issue and my dad still uses them for his trucks. Never once had an issue with them
bf884
1/13/2018 7:44am
Had Falken Wildpeak AT E Rating. Had a 55,000 mile warranty from the manufacture. They lasted on my f250. I went with them because of RV2 and were cheaper than Toyo.
HardTaco
1/13/2018 7:54am
I started buying tires at discount tire also because of reed. Then grabbed falken because of villopoto. On my 3rd set now and love them. I've had great luck with the them hauling the camper to a lot of races.
captmoto
1/13/2018 8:02am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 8:06am
Rhino wrote:
Garbage though. Tried 2 sets. Discount also sells Falken under their own brand name(Rocky Mountain), and if you look at them, the tread only goes 50%...

Is that 10 ply rating with only 2 ply sidewalls? Are we talking E range load rating for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks? I've been using Discount Tires since long before they supported Reed. I get good wear and ride from Cooper tires.
ricko
1/13/2018 8:09am
bama205 wrote:
Walmart has their own spec for all there tires, they are made much cheaper than a tire you would get anywhere else and don't last nearly as long.
Nighttrain
1/13/2018 8:21am
Jimmy John’s Italian Night Club Sandwich #9. I did my share of supporting a sponsor of our sport.
BAMX
1/13/2018 8:23am
pete24 wrote:
Rhino wrote:

I had the exact opposite experience. My set of Wildpeak went forever.
KMC440
1/13/2018 8:28am
pete24 wrote:
Rhino wrote:

My racing Civic has Falken Azenis 205-15's on 8in wide wheels ... they work great!!
Then again I need grip not miles. Laughing
Highly recommend them to anyone.
OP needs to change the title.
pbody
Fantasy
320th
1/13/2018 8:31am
I tried some Falken tires at one point and loved them, best handling tires I have had on my Nissan Titan. And yes they did wear pretty fast compared to others. But I do remember they were within their rated mileage. Bottom line is they come with a softer rubber that of course does just what I experienced.....better handling but shorter life. In dealing with tires from DH racing, moto racing, and many different truck applications....most tires are designed and built for specific needs. Even your $79 Accord/Camry grocery-getter tires.

Always amazes how a full-sized car tire can be cheaper than a much smaller moto tire or MTB tire. Damned supply and demand bull$hit!
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
1/13/2018 8:31am
jimmy johns, bubba burger, monsters, yamalube, fs1, dvs, dc, vans, etc....
Rhino
1/13/2018 8:38am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 8:48am
Rhino wrote:

captmoto wrote:
Is that 10 ply rating with only 2 ply sidewalls? Are we talking E range load rating for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks? I've been using...
Is that 10 ply rating with only 2 ply sidewalls? Are we talking E range load rating for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks? I've been using Discount Tires since long before they supported Reed. I get good wear and ride from Cooper tires.
Obviously you didn't even read my post. The E rated 10 Plys are a 3 ply sidewall which I also posted I DID like.

Both sets of mine were 3 ply. There is a reason you see more expensive, Toyos, BFG, Nittos, or Michelins etc etc.

I got 60K out of the stock Firestone Transforce ATs, and not even all the way worn.

I ran the Falkens to the cords.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
1/13/2018 8:39am
bama205 wrote:
I’ve used a discount tire since they’ve been in business. Like someone else mentioned they will price match so you won’t find a cheaper tire anywhere else. The good thing about them is the service after you buy. I recently bought a used Toyota Tacoma work truck, came with Twenty’s and the truck was a dog with them. Called discount and asked them to keep n eye out on some stock wheels/tires that come n on a trade in. Next day I’m down there getting used Michelin’s that had about 100 Miles on them and a set of stock Tacoma wheels. $25 a piece on the tires and same on the wheels. In and out for around $250 total
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
1/13/2018 8:39am
I am on board with spending with those that support the sport, I was bummed about jimmy johns. we started eating there every Thursday. I sent an email with a pic of receipt to JJs office, saying how the mx sponsorship is how I found out about them and now we eat there every week.surprisingly a guy emailed me back and said they were pumped on the marketing and return. then, gone lol.
if its at a local race or on a pro team that's what I try to buy or get. same thing I shop local for groceries gas etc. watch what happens when sponsors don't sell...Dry pretty simple.
Rhino
1/13/2018 8:43am
pete24 wrote:
Rhino wrote:

BAMX wrote:
I had the exact opposite experience. My set of Wildpeak went forever.
Probably. Try them on a 1 ton towing a 15,000 lb 3 axle 5th wheel now and then and over snowy passes. Like I said, at 50% the treads are solid ribs/slicks. They barely lasted longer on a half ton tundra, same 10 Ply E rated.

Even with their 3 ply sidewall, they wont last like Toyo, Nitto, BFG, Michelins can handle real use.
Ted722
1/13/2018 8:47am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2018 8:47am
In a way, having the Championships on different networks (with different promoters) does not help the promote sport either. Very little (if any) mentioned about outdoor as the supercross season wraps up.
1/13/2018 8:49am
Deal Bros, I did the SAME with BUBBA BURGERS.
I even wrote them a letter saying that I saw their Logos on the KTM's. They responded with a thank you letter, discount coupons and 2 tee shirts AND, the burgers are AWESOME... A stamp and just a couple of words go a long way..

Post a reply to: Sponsors we might not support...

The Latest