Stolen KTM

CM46
9/14/2017 7:44pm
|
milliebays
9/14/2017 10:24pm
(╯°□°)–︻╦╤─ – – –

9/15/2017 3:42am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 3:45am
This is why I have an alarm system, no front wheel on my bike while being stored, a flood light, dual locks and a fat ass chain, a camera system and a dual sided lock dead bolt protecting my bike. All I need more is a guard dog. I know none of that would help in a craigslist interaction but that is also why you legally carry a gun. They aren't so tough when you just flashed a gun.
RangerLee
9/15/2017 5:58am
I have sold several bikes in the past year, and I have posted this same thing. Craigslist sales especially, advertise that you will do the sale in your local Police department lot or sheriff lot. I have yet to find a single station that will not let you do the sale on their premises.

First thing you will notice, the "scam" messages that are obvious bull shit scams do not come. I have received messages from those that asked me to deliver as they did not have a truck or trailer. After getting the location of delivery I looked up the the local PD station close to that area and verified they would allow the sale on their lot (Philadelphia) and they would. After telling the person of this, the feedback was "I don't do cops" and he hung up.

I had some where I gave the local PD as the location to "see" my bike in my area and they decided they were not interested. The true sales had no problem with it, and the transaction was safe and done with no issues.

Sure it can be more work on your end, but it is safe. Overall I bet 99% of private sales are fine, but once you are the 1%, does it matter?

Even if you just have a police department station that you use in your listing, that will weed out enough if you do not plan to use it, it will still weed out those looking for an easy take.
Wade221
9/15/2017 6:38am
Sac is such a cesspool! It always had its sketch areas, but just seems the whole damn place is ruined now.. rant over

The Shop

TJMX947
9/15/2017 8:16am
Man I hope they catch those low lifes. My daughter is so bad about going through to garage to get outside and leaving it open for everyone to see my bike. Drives me crazy.

Good idea about leaving the front wheel off, I should probably start doing that. I had a buddy who had both wheels off his bike and the person stole the bike and the wheels lol.

Post a reply to: Stolen KTM

The Latest