Supercross hype on the news like I've never seen before

They are really hyping up supercross this year during commercials and on the local news. I just watched a Cooper Webb piece on the Channel 7 news and it was a very long interview, with his bike on display. Good stuff for the sport. They did a good job of explaining the physical intensity and max heart rates to the general masses who think you just twist the throttle and ride around.
|
Zeke27G
1/2/2018 5:32pm
Years ago my buddy took a chick to A1 with us that he was sorta “seeing” to put it nicely and it was her first time ever watching any sort of MX racing. After the second heat, she says, “this is it? I could do this”. I tried to explain to her that in all my years of riding and racing and being fairly quick at our local tracks, that I’d look like an absolute squid out there. She looked at me with a straight face and said, “well, you must not be that good”. I looked at my friend, shook my head and spent the rest of the night, watering down my Coors Light with tears and pondering my existence in the world. DizzyUnsureLaughing
agn5009
1/2/2018 5:49pm
Zeke27G wrote:
Years ago my buddy took a chick to A1 with us that he was sorta “seeing” to put it nicely and it was her first time...
Years ago my buddy took a chick to A1 with us that he was sorta “seeing” to put it nicely and it was her first time ever watching any sort of MX racing. After the second heat, she says, “this is it? I could do this”. I tried to explain to her that in all my years of riding and racing and being fairly quick at our local tracks, that I’d look like an absolute squid out there. She looked at me with a straight face and said, “well, you must not be that good”. I looked at my friend, shook my head and spent the rest of the night, watering down my Coors Light with tears and pondering my existence in the world. DizzyUnsureLaughing
I hope he threw her to the curb after taking advantage of her
omalley
1/2/2018 5:54pm
Zeke27G wrote:
Years ago my buddy took a chick to A1 with us that he was sorta “seeing” to put it nicely and it was her first time...
Similar experience but substitute two drunk quad morons sitting behind me...
“Dude if I had my banshee down there I could do this track, easy...”
Never in my life have I wanted to have connections more than that night...all right tough guy, track's yours...show me how it’s done...
BobbyM
1/2/2018 6:25pm
They are really hyping up supercross this year during commercials and on the local news. I just watched a Cooper Webb piece on the Channel 7...
They are really hyping up supercross this year during commercials and on the local news. I just watched a Cooper Webb piece on the Channel 7 news and it was a very long interview, with his bike on display. Good stuff for the sport. They did a good job of explaining the physical intensity and max heart rates to the general masses who think you just twist the throttle and ride around.
Well if you don't include the physical aspects of racing it really isn't very hard.

The Shop

jeffro503
1/2/2018 6:32pm
Zeke27G wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Screw that!....I would of told her she was right , throw a helmet on her at the next practice day , and let her have at it. Good luck bimbo....show us how it's done!
jeffro503
1/2/2018 6:33pm
They are really hyping up supercross this year during commercials and on the local news. I just watched a Cooper Webb piece on the Channel 7...
BobbyM wrote:
Well if you don't include the physical aspects of racing it really isn't very hard.
Haha....yeah , except that one little thing. Laughing
Louie112
1/2/2018 6:47pm
I came into work after racing a GNCC and I was a little worn out so one of my co-workers was asking me about it. She told me it was interesting someone as young as I am could be worn out after riding for two hours because her dad can ride his Harley Davidson for two hours no problem.
reded
1/2/2018 6:50pm
The bike does all of the work, right?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/2/2018 8:16pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Screw that!....I would of told her she was right , throw a helmet on her at the next practice day , and let her have at...
Screw that!....I would of told her she was right , throw a helmet on her at the next practice day , and let her have at it. Good luck bimbo....show us how it's done!
You forgot the part where you hit the record button.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
1/2/2018 8:26pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Screw that!....I would of told her she was right , throw a helmet on her at the next practice day , and let her have at...
GuyB wrote:
You forgot the part where you hit the record button.
Rachel van Derpin.
1/2/2018 9:13pm
reded wrote:
The bike does all of the work, right?
That's right. And football players and baseball players are much better athletes than these guys who ride a bike around the track. It's so easy.
Flip109
1/2/2018 9:36pm
And baseball players and football players are much worse athletes because they don’t ride a dirt bike around a track...?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/2/2018 9:40pm
Zeke27G wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
My thoughts exactly when I read his post!

And I’m with GuyB... bring the camera!
jeffro503
1/2/2018 9:48pm
agn5009 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
My thoughts exactly when I read his post!

And I’m with GuyB... bring the camera!
You guys are totally right , and I completely forgot that part.

So funny reading this stuff. I had my high school reunion a few years back and a guy I knew that used to tell me pretty much the same thing , actually got on some gear and road a track with one of his buddies. He said at first it scared him a bit and then once he started getting a little more confident , he rode it a bit faster. Said he couldn't believe how fast he was getting winded , and didn't realize how physical this sport could be. he then said , and I quote ( What I guess his buddy said )..." wait till you hit second gear! " He said that he was extremely humbled that day haha.
NorCal 50+
1/2/2018 10:17pm
Louie112 wrote:
I came into work after racing a GNCC and I was a little worn out so one of my co-workers was asking me about it. She...
I came into work after racing a GNCC and I was a little worn out so one of my co-workers was asking me about it. She told me it was interesting someone as young as I am could be worn out after riding for two hours because her dad can ride his Harley Davidson for two hours no problem.
Oh man...that's funny as hell.
The flip side is when people ask you if you were in the race they saw on TV that weekend.
1/3/2018 1:45am
Louie112 wrote:
I came into work after racing a GNCC and I was a little worn out so one of my co-workers was asking me about it. She...
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Oh man...that's funny as hell.
The flip side is when people ask you if you were in the race they saw on TV that weekend.
One of our deputies at work asked me if I had raced that weekend. I think I replied with "Monster Cup? Thats not really my style" or something to the effect. Most people are 98% clueless that moto even exists.
Acidreamer
1/3/2018 4:50am
Is the camera to watch her crash or to make a sex tape?
Donovan759
1/3/2018 5:31am
Flip109 wrote:
And baseball players and football players are much worse athletes because they don’t ride a dirt bike around a track...?
You accidentally put a question mark at the end of this statement. Just thought I'd help you out.

Also, Couldn't agree more. Much worse.

Post a reply to: Supercross hype on the news like I've never seen before

The Latest