Supporting Local Dealers during this time???

yz25
what we call essential business and not is a argument of its own... but that’s not for me to question. I received a service support rebate from the dealership I purchased my bike through. Pretty much wrote them off cause yes they did have the bike I wanted but they are heavy on side by side, street bike etc. after all said and done. I ended up purchasing chain, sprockets, they installed and re greased everything while they had it. In 2hrs max. Did the math, yeah I could do it but for what they were charging me. Definitely not in 2hrs even in locked down days we are in. Didn’t make since. And walked out with more goodies that I would normally purchased through the dot.coms. Was surprised to see how busy they are and ways they are revamping there business. Great for them!
|
Titanium
4/12/2020 6:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2020 6:34pm
Sounds like they earned your support, good for them and good for you!
motoGleamer
Fantasy
499th
4/12/2020 6:37pm
I just had my local shop do a rear tire install for me. I have all the stuff to do it but figured it would save me some time and they could use the work.
yz25
4/12/2020 7:54pm
Absolutely!
Was really blown away how busy they were. Seems like a lot more people had the same idea I had. Hopefully they walked away with same impression.
braaap707
4/12/2020 8:01pm
After buying a bike last week I can say is that it was great to see the local dealership still up and running selling parts bikes and service. Curbside delivery of my bike was quick and painless and they were also delivering parts curbside to others. They were just as busy as ever, if not more cause everyones home tinkering on projects. Especially in times like this where online delivery of parts is spotty, buy from your favorive brick and mortar shop ppl !!!! They really do appreciate the business.

The Shop

Indy mxer
4/13/2020 4:32am
braaap707 wrote:
After buying a bike last week I can say is that it was great to see the local dealership still up and running selling parts bikes...
After buying a bike last week I can say is that it was great to see the local dealership still up and running selling parts bikes and service. Curbside delivery of my bike was quick and painless and they were also delivering parts curbside to others. They were just as busy as ever, if not more cause everyones home tinkering on projects. Especially in times like this where online delivery of parts is spotty, buy from your favorive brick and mortar shop ppl !!!! They really do appreciate the business.
Same here. My brother owns a Kaw/Polaris shop. He's busier than hell.
I just dropped over $400 there Saturday for my 2015 Husky TC125 I bought back that I'm freshening up. lol

He's trying to limit people in the door, with some success. The service dept is slammed as well. Good for all of you supporting your local dealers. Especially if they're one of the good ones. Like many businesses, they need it.
4/13/2020 7:58am
Bought some SG12s last week and trying to buy something every week because I do appreciate them being there when I need them.
sandtrack315
4/13/2020 8:13am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2020 8:14am
I got a seat cover from D'Cor, stocked up on air filters and oil from Twin Air, and ordered a bunch of parts from motosport.com.

I get the idea of supporting local dealers, but I get better service and prices from Motosport and I dig the guys that work there. They are just as much a part of the sport as anyone.
4/13/2020 9:07am
I tried, went in to pick up some 41mm showa fork seals, they had none. I would have purchased oil even though I carry Motul at my track.
4/13/2020 9:27am
I tend to not support dealers for service unless something I have is under warranty when you are forced to use them. Too many bad experiences across multiple brands of, cars, motorcycles. The big one, was fluids not actually being changed but being charged for them. Under warranty, I let dealer service....but once out of warranty, I do my own service (cars, motorcycles etc)... When it's something i can't do, a good independent is worth their weight in gold.

Kenny Lingus
4/13/2020 10:42am
My guy is a one man operation. Not a dealer just a small shop. He'll give me stuff for cost or a few bucks more depending on how it's delivered. Want to get an exhaust but he closed for now, I believe he has some high risk family members, so I'll just wait no biggy.
Spooner
4/13/2020 10:44am
Just an FYI but pretty much any shop can ship stuff right to you from the distributors for a low cost.

And thank you everyone who's supporting the local shops-there's a lot of people that depend on them moving product right now!
4/13/2020 1:13pm
My dealer can usually get stuff faster than Motosport or any of those Guys, I buy from both.
Rawly
4/13/2020 7:33pm
Just spent half of my stimulus check at THE RACERS EDGE Simi Valley. Oh yeah , forgot about the stuff I bought a few weeks ago , whole check spent.
TeamGreen
4/13/2020 10:01pm
Yes! $1,400 in OEM KTM/Husky parts form my dealer.
gharmon
4/14/2020 1:43pm
My local Honda dealer charges me msrp but they can always get the shit the next day. Sometimes it isn't about the cost. Besides I like them and plan to pay a couple hundred extra for a new crf110 i am going to buy to save me a ride.
newmann
4/14/2020 2:45pm
Being a small business owner myself, I always try to support a local business even if it ends up costing more than I could get things for online. There are times though where they damn near force you to look elsewhere and while looking elsewhere I usually end up buying other stuff that they also could have sold me if they had just made the least little effort. Not just motorcycle related, it applies to everything. Good customer service goes a really long way.

Post a reply to: Supporting Local Dealers during this time???

The Latest