Related:
Create New Tag
Marty1028
4/25/2018 3:15 PM

So the bolt that is right behind the brake pedal, if you pull it out and there is oil pouring out that means too much oil correct?

2009 RMZ 250 (sold)
2004 LTZ 400
#nukethequads

tylermx967
4/25/2018 3:29 PM

MY GREAT UNCLE HORSE TEACHED ME HE CALLED A OLD INDIAN TRICK THATS TO RIDE THE BIKE AROND AND GO THREW ALL THE GEARS 3 TIMES AND THEN CHANGE THE OIL SO U GET THE MOST JUNK OUT AND HE SAY MAKE SURE WHEN YOU TITAN THE BOLT DONT REEF ON IT TY OR U CAN STRIP THE THRED

suszuki rm85

Underground
4/25/2018 3:30 PM

Yeah. Level bolt, but don't make the mistake of pulling it out when changing and filling until it starts to come out and stop as the oil takes a little to flow into the nooks and crannies and settles a little leaving you with too little. I've replaced a few burnt out clutches from people doing that. Fill with the specified amount for a change. Let it settle and have the bike level, then remove and drain the excess if any. Or not worry about it and avoid stripping the thread which will happen eventually given the soft alloy and peoples nature to crank on anything that retains oil. The very little extra that remains after draining won't worry a 2 stroke. Just lean from side to side to get the most. Works for me.

Squirrelings
4/25/2018 3:33 PM

Don't even bother with that bolt IMO. You will just strip it out in the end as stated above. Put in the specified amount of oil and change it often. If your bike isn't leaking oil, don't worry about the level.

Underground
4/25/2018 3:35 PM
tylermx967 wrote:

MY GREAT UNCLE HORSE ...more

But if you don't go through the other gears there will still be junk on them stuck in there. Best you do it all the way to top gear for several minutes to be sure hey

Or maybe not

JBecker 72
4/25/2018 3:47 PM
Squirrelings wrote:

Don't even bother with ...more

!sihT

Underground
4/25/2018 3:50 PM
Squirrelings wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

!sihT

That's how it's done at nearly every motorcycle workshop. Nobody got time for that !

craigathan404
4/25/2018 9:20 PM

All my friends would give me shit for never checking my oil on my old 08 RMZ. By the time I checked the oil level with that stupid bolt and got the bolt back I’d spill so much oil I’d have to top it off again. So I just said eff it and decided to just change it often. Not worth the hassle.

Stanislav_Ushev
8/25/2019 1:37 PM

Hey guys, I just bought 2011 rmz250 and the threads are already stripped. Not leaking oil however i’d like to repair it before it starts. Has anybody done that repair before? What’s the size of the new threads? Thanks!

Stan

kzizok
8/25/2019 1:50 PM

Hey guys, any help is appreciated. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

malachi177
8/25/2019 2:16 PM
Squirrelings wrote:

Never stripped out on my old ‘14 ever!!

ctbale
8/25/2019 2:36 PM
Stanislav_Ushev wrote:

Hey guys, I just bought ...more

If it was me I would tap it to the next size up (8mm?) Then put the correct length bolt in it with a alum or copper washer and forget its there. Then just drain and add the .7 liter or whatever amount on freq intervals. Done

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

Stanislav_Ushev
8/26/2019 11:36 AM

Thank you for the feedback guys! Appreciate it.

GrapeApe
8/26/2019 1:27 PM

There's nothing wrong with Suzuki's oil check bolt! I don't care that it is heavier than every other brand's oil change bolt and made out of wood, it is plenty of oil check bolt for 99% of people on this forum! Why does everyone hate Suzuki?!

TheVetGuy
8/26/2019 3:47 PM

I stripped one in the past. The fast solution : HELICOIL

ctbale
8/27/2019 8:22 PM
TheVetGuy wrote:

I stripped one in the ...more

Timesert

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

ajk423
8/28/2019 5:20 PM

I have a 2014 rmz250, I stripped that stupid bolt almost immediately. What I did was I had another bolt that was only like 1 thread longer, very minimal, and never took it out again. It been like 5 years now and Ive never had a problem

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry