TIGA243 MEC

Motofinne
10/20/2019 9:09am
All this talk about MEC not being "SX enough" is funny because there will be tracks this upcoming season that turn out to be just as easy with a set of whoops.

When that happens, i'll pop in and point out that none of the racing that night mattered because of the track.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
10/20/2019 9:11am
mxb2 wrote:
Lol. I gave him credit. You still mad at mxon.riders not showing up . Guess you should be mad at the guys that didnt show up...
Lol. I gave him credit. You still mad at mxon.riders not showing up . Guess you should be mad at the guys that didnt show up for mxon or monster cup. Get over it dude. Not your life or paycheck.
teamddr wrote:
he beat the guy that won A1 last year theres giving the guy credit and then there is paying some tacky lip service, big difference my...
he beat the guy that won A1 last year

theres giving the guy credit and then there is paying some tacky lip service, big difference

my take from his showing if he got the same amount of training in as the SX front runners then top three is his first year for sure

alot of guys had him wading up earlier but he was riding very conservative and still finished well.
Don’t forget that this track was very tame in comparison to a mid season SX track. Look at a place like Indy, when it’s footpeg deep...
Don’t forget that this track was very tame in comparison to a mid season SX track. Look at a place like Indy, when it’s footpeg deep ruts up triples and nasty technical rhythms, or blitzing big whoops in multiple lanes. Line him up with Barcia at normal SX track and I think the conversation goes differently.
I would venture to say he would do better with a rutted out track, it becomes more MX the nastier it gets. Tricky rhythms and peaked whoops would be where he would struggle
mxb2
10/20/2019 9:16am
teamddr wrote:
he beat the guy that won A1 last year theres giving the guy credit and then there is paying some tacky lip service, big difference my...
he beat the guy that won A1 last year

theres giving the guy credit and then there is paying some tacky lip service, big difference

my take from his showing if he got the same amount of training in as the SX front runners then top three is his first year for sure

alot of guys had him wading up earlier but he was riding very conservative and still finished well.
mxb2 wrote:
And kawy got what.they wanted a 1 @ 2 in their mec event. Thats what were prepping for. So mxon.has nothing to do with this event...
And kawy got what.they wanted a 1 @ 2 in their mec event. Thats what were prepping for. So mxon.has nothing to do with this event. And like i said its a hybrid track. Not a real sx track. Shorter main events, lap times., Tamer.
Herlings would win on this hybrid sx track.He won a moto i believe at the manufactorers cup a few years back.
Whats stopping him from racing it?, According to some on vital the riders need to ride every event. Other guys say mec doesnt mean shit. Cant have it both ways.
teamddr
10/20/2019 9:32am
mxb2 wrote:
And kawy got what.they wanted a 1 @ 2 in their mec event. Thats what were prepping for. So mxon.has nothing to do with this event...
And kawy got what.they wanted a 1 @ 2 in their mec event. Thats what were prepping for. So mxon.has nothing to do with this event. And like i said its a hybrid track. Not a real sx track. Shorter main events, lap times., Tamer.
Herlings would win on this hybrid sx track.He won a moto i believe at the manufactorers cup a few years back.
mxb2 wrote:
Whats stopping him from racing it?, According to some on vital the riders need to ride every event. Other guys say mec doesnt mean shit. Cant...
Whats stopping him from racing it?, According to some on vital the riders need to ride every event. Other guys say mec doesnt mean shit. Cant have it both ways.
herlings contest world class events in MX

Its a bit like asking why does Herlings not have a go at cricket where guys from pakistan to the west indies would beat him at it only because they have been playing it all their lives

Gasjer took a couple of weeks of after riding for his country and made a holiday of the MEC in the off season and made a very good account of himself beating riders who won in SX last year. some people on here are trying to devalue his performance by saying its not an SX track. I am calling BS on that and well done to Tim. like RV in 2015 he had the nuts to go over and give it a lash. TG243 is a world champion and with some serious traning(see tomac AC92) could become a winner at SX

The Shop

mxb2
10/20/2019 9:38am
mxb2 wrote:
Whats stopping him from racing it?, According to some on vital the riders need to ride every event. Other guys say mec doesnt mean shit. Cant...
teamddr wrote:
herlings contest world class events in MX Its a bit like asking why does Herlings not have a go at cricket where guys from pakistan to...

Its a bit like asking why does Herlings not have a go at cricket where guys from pakistan to the west indies would beat him at it only because they have been playing it all their lives

Gasjer took a couple of weeks of after riding for his country and made a holiday of the MEC in the off season and made a very good account of himself beating riders who won in SX last year. some people on here are trying to devalue his performance by saying its not an SX track. I am calling BS on that and well done to Tim. like RV in 2015 he had the nuts to go over and give it a lash. TG243 is a world champion and with some serious traning(see tomac AC92) could become a winner at SX
Kinda like some usa riders dont want to do mxgp races or mxon. Get it,. We can play your game now. They make choices whether you like it or not. If you care so much about what riders races they compete in. Start your own.team and make a contract . Simple.
Sideways
10/20/2019 9:39am
mxb2 wrote:
teamddr wrote:
herlings contest world class events in MX Its a bit like asking why does Herlings not have a go at cricket where guys from pakistan to...

I agree. Tims best lap in the last moto was 0.6 slower than tomacs best. And tim was not jumping that quad section that tomac,AC and malcolm were.

He did really well!
devotid
Fantasy
315th
10/20/2019 9:43am
crusty_xx wrote:
Sideways wrote:
Best race of the year! Too bad we missed out on more races like this because of injuries. I hope that next year there will be...
Best race of the year! Too bad we missed out on more races like this because of injuries.

I hope that next year there will be no injuries from the top riders. Febvre,herlings,cairoli,gajser,prado,coldenhoff,desalle,tonus,seweer.

Mama mia!
Wow. I have never seen this. Cairoli just wouldnt give up. I dont watch much MXGP as I am a little busy lately but I think I am going to try and make some time.
DonM
10/20/2019 10:07am
Congrats to Tim he did a great job!! Awesome to see him come over and give it a go and I hope he comes back and gives it a go again...now with that said some of you need to calm your jets a little as this was the weakest field I've seen at MEC....it would have been interesting to see where he would fall with Cooper, Musquin, Anderson, Roczen, Osborne and Savatgy lining up...but they didn't so we'll never know...
aees
10/20/2019 11:00am
crusty_xx wrote:
Not bad for someone that looked like a C rider according to some vital experts. He lost a lot of time every lap by not doing...
Not bad for someone that looked like a C rider according to some vital experts.

He lost a lot of time every lap by not doing some of the big combinations like the quad where Dean got hurt. Played it save and came away with a 5th. Probably more than he expected
According to that idiot, the C rider just fucking smoked Justin Barcia and Chad Reed.

Not bad indeed.
Vince Friese lead several laps, and superminis was racing same track. Friese did good last year to at MEC. Gaiser would have no chance on Friese in SX

Gaiser did good, but would still look like he belong to middpacked B-group if you put him at A1, or A2.
Motofinne
10/20/2019 11:06am
crusty_xx wrote:
Not bad for someone that looked like a C rider according to some vital experts. He lost a lot of time every lap by not doing...

He lost a lot of time every lap by not doing some of the big combinations like the quad where Dean got hurt. Played it save and came away with a 5th. Probably more than he expected
According to that idiot, the C rider just fucking smoked Justin Barcia and Chad Reed.

Not bad indeed.
aees wrote:
Vince Friese lead several laps, and superminis was racing same track. Friese did good last year to at MEC. Gaiser would have no chance on Friese...
Vince Friese lead several laps, and superminis was racing same track. Friese did good last year to at MEC. Gaiser would have no chance on Friese in SX

Gaiser did good, but would still look like he belong to middpacked B-group if you put him at A1, or A2.
You're nuts.
teamddr
10/20/2019 11:46am
crusty_xx wrote:

Not bad indeed.
aees wrote:
Vince Friese lead several laps, and superminis was racing same track. Friese did good last year to at MEC. Gaiser would have no chance on Friese...

What ya smoking there dude
barrs211
10/20/2019 12:08pm
aees wrote:

You’re on a different planet bud.
DanDunes818
10/20/2019 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 1:05pm
crusty_xx wrote:

Not bad indeed.
aees wrote:

While I agree the field was pretty thin and the track was far from what we see during the SX season, you make yourself look like an idiot saying that Tim Gasjer would be a midpack B group rider. There is not a single MXGP or MX2 world champ (he's won both) that came to the US and was a mid-pack B Group rider, and Tim would not be the first.

Being there and watching Tim all day, he was getting more comfortable every single time he hit the track. You could tell he was in the mindset of don't do anything stupid and let the races come to you and that's exactly what he did. I'm sure what happened last time he raced MEC was on his mind and seeing what Tixier did over that quad likely kept him from doing that kind of stuff and it worked well for him.

Could Tim win in SX if he came over in '20? Highly unlikely, but like almost every other MXGP or MX2 world champion that has come over before him, he would no doubt be competitive. If he stayed patient and healthy--with his style and his Champions mentality--he would likely be racing for podiums and possible wins in SX after a season or 2, as well as racing for wins and championships outdoors immediately.
seventeen
10/20/2019 12:52pm
crusty_xx wrote:

Whoever likened his style to a c class rider is no expert...
seventeen
10/20/2019 12:55pm

Not bad indeed.
aees wrote:

While I agree the field was pretty thin and the track was far from what we see during the SX season, you make yourself look like...
While I agree the field was pretty thin and the track was far from what we see during the SX season, you make yourself look like an idiot saying that Tim Gasjer would be a midpack B group rider. There is not a single MXGP or MX2 world champ (he's won both) that came to the US and was a mid-pack B Group rider, and Tim would not be the first.

Being there and watching Tim all day, he was getting more comfortable every single time he hit the track. You could tell he was in the mindset of don't do anything stupid and let the races come to you and that's exactly what he did. I'm sure what happened last time he raced MEC was on his mind and seeing what Tixier did over that quad likely kept him from doing that kind of stuff and it worked well for him.

Could Tim win in SX if he came over in '20? Highly unlikely, but like almost every other MXGP or MX2 world champion that has come over before him, he would no doubt be competitive. If he stayed patient and healthy--with his style and his Champions mentality--he would likely be racing for podiums and possible wins in SX after a season or 2, as well as racing for wins and championships outdoors immediately.
I think he should do it...come to the US... At least he would be paid by his team and recieve a purse...and the travel would be way easier in the U.S...
St Ann More
10/20/2019 1:04pm
DonM wrote:
Congrats to Tim he did a great job!! Awesome to see him come over and give it a go and I hope he comes back and...
Congrats to Tim he did a great job!! Awesome to see him come over and give it a go and I hope he comes back and gives it a go again...now with that said some of you need to calm your jets a little as this was the weakest field I've seen at MEC....it would have been interesting to see where he would fall with Cooper, Musquin, Anderson, Roczen, Osborne and Savatgy lining up...but they didn't so we'll never know...
He'd have been closer to Anderson at the MEC, than Anderson was to him at Assen!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/20/2019 1:08pm
crusty_xx wrote:

Not bad indeed.
aees wrote:

If he was to line up at A1 he would have more than 5 days of preparation don't you think.
That said. You're pretty fucking clueless.
mxb2
10/20/2019 1:13pm
DonM wrote:
Congrats to Tim he did a great job!! Awesome to see him come over and give it a go and I hope he comes back and...
He'd have been closer to Anderson at the MEC, than Anderson was to him at Assen!
Hard to say, anderson didnt race the mec. We wont ever know. But we can play that game all day long.
Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
10/20/2019 1:16pm
Awesome ride, definitely impressed the heck out of me! And didn’t he make a last lap pass on Vince and another Honda, maybe J-Mart? Regardless, very impressed.
APLMAN99
10/20/2019 1:26pm
DonM wrote:
Probably true, with a sub 10 minute race and all......
APLMAN99
10/20/2019 1:30pm
Gajser finished just about where most thought he would. With a full field he’d probably be about 10-15 which is very respectable considering that SX isn’t his specialty. Given more time, he’d probably improve a lot, too.
keinz
10/20/2019 2:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 2:21pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Gajser finished just about where most thought he would. With a full field he’d probably be about 10-15 which is very respectable considering that SX isn’t...
Gajser finished just about where most thought he would. With a full field he’d probably be about 10-15 which is very respectable considering that SX isn’t his specialty. Given more time, he’d probably improve a lot, too.
Jep. And Barcia 15-20
mxb2
10/20/2019 2:31pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Gajser finished just about where most thought he would. With a full field he’d probably be about 10-15 which is very respectable considering that SX isn’t...
keinz wrote:
Jep. And Barcia 15-20
Barcia won mec before and. Won a sx also.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/20/2019 2:35pm
Was so stoked to see him there. He was one reason I was so excited to go. Good ride TG243
APLMAN99
10/20/2019 3:21pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
keinz wrote:
Jep. And Barcia 15-20
Depending on the night, could be. You never know which Barcia you are going to get......
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
10/20/2019 3:35pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
keinz wrote:
Jep. And Barcia 15-20
APLMAN99 wrote:
Depending on the night, could be. You never know which Barcia you are going to get......
Being there last night and seeing the first two races, Yamaha looked to have made some good changes in the last race for both Barcia and Plessinger. They looked way more comfortable and racey than the first two.
10/20/2019 3:49pm
Sideways wrote:
I agree. Tims best lap in the last moto was 0.6 slower than tomacs best. And tim was not jumping that quad section that tomac,AC and...
I agree. Tims best lap in the last moto was 0.6 slower than tomacs best. And tim was not jumping that quad section that tomac,AC and malcolm were.

He did really well!
ET3 best lap in main #3 was 54.115
TG243 best lap in main #3 was 55.435

Actually as shown in the results pasted above from the AMA results page (PDF):

TG243's best lap in the final main event was closer to 1.3 seconds behind Tomac.

Overall Tiga should be proud of holding his own overall thru the night considering he's not an SX specialist.
teamddr
10/20/2019 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 10/20/2019 4:49pm
Sideways wrote:
I agree. Tims best lap in the last moto was 0.6 slower than tomacs best. And tim was not jumping that quad section that tomac,AC and...

He did really well!
ET3 best lap in main #3 was 54.115 TG243 best lap in main #3 was 55.435 Actually as shown in the results pasted above from the...
ET3 best lap in main #3 was 54.115
TG243 best lap in main #3 was 55.435

Actually as shown in the results pasted above from the AMA results page (PDF):

TG243's best lap in the final main event was closer to 1.3 seconds behind Tomac.

Overall Tiga should be proud of holding his own overall thru the night considering he's not an SX specialist.
Ok lm gonna throw out a scenario for y’all
Tomac and AC9 finish of Ironman and fly to the other side of the world and compete there in different time zones
Then the go straight to Europe and practice on some sand before competing in the MXON
They fly back to the states and start their first SX practice in months and only get two weeks in before MEC
Is TG closer to them in lap times, of course he is
And anyone who thinks that he is finishing between 12-15 with full grids with the same practice is deluded
He beat barcia and he won A1 last year
Press516
Fantasy
90th
10/20/2019 4:52pm
Just watched on DVR, loved what Tim did. Big fan...

But just a small dose of reality... 10 of the top 15 guys weren't there.

Would love to see the difference with a full off-season SX training.

Post a reply to: TIGA243 MEC

The Latest