Team USA sucked.

TogaSet
Fantasy
3824th
10/7/2018 2:42pm
Period. I’m ex military airborne love my country but c’mon. Our best score out of 6 rides was a 4th. Carmichael and villopoto are crying in their beers.
|
Huevos
10/7/2018 2:46pm
Yep. No two ways about it.

No excuses. Home turf. Best riders. Couldn’t even barely get in the top 10. Embarrassing.
BR8ES
10/7/2018 2:53pm
Unadilla was mud, this wasn't that bad, the US team just plain old choked.
RandyW
10/7/2018 2:54pm
Our guys did the best they could, they got beat.

The Shop

cjg23307
10/7/2018 2:55pm
Couldn’t agree more.... ap7 says he loves bad conditions he looked the worst today!
hamncheeze
10/7/2018 3:00pm
I think most riders in post-race interviews will say after this race that the starts were super critical today. And the American riders were never in the top 5 in any moto off the start. As great as Coldenhoff rode today, put him back in 12th at the start and he probably gets 8th. It was hard to pass out of the main line, unless your name was Herlings. But still, overall a very disappointing day for the USA.

I think American fans should also been even more appreciative of the efforts of the 2015 and 2016 MXoN teams that came close to winning it. Even though both teams were considered to be sort of "B team" without Tomac or Dungey they were both very competitive.
agn5009
10/7/2018 3:43pm
AP and Barcia were both huge disappointments. I had a feeling tomac would disappoint so that wasn't much of a surprise. Barcia lost a few positions toward the end of the final race. It wasn't like he was moving forward. He got toward the top ten then didn't ride well. AP... I don't know. I just don't know what to think of that. We all know he doesn't suck that bad. But today he did.
BobKerr
10/7/2018 3:49pm
mud
ob
10/7/2018 3:49pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I think most riders in post-race interviews will say after this race that the starts were super critical today. And the American riders were never in...
I think most riders in post-race interviews will say after this race that the starts were super critical today. And the American riders were never in the top 5 in any moto off the start. As great as Coldenhoff rode today, put him back in 12th at the start and he probably gets 8th. It was hard to pass out of the main line, unless your name was Herlings. But still, overall a very disappointing day for the USA.

I think American fans should also been even more appreciative of the efforts of the 2015 and 2016 MXoN teams that came close to winning it. Even though both teams were considered to be sort of "B team" without Tomac or Dungey they were both very competitive.
Weird, it seemed like lots of passes were made. Just not by our riders.
Rs444
10/7/2018 3:58pm
The track wasnt that bad at all moto 3. The euros is just plain and simple faster when it gets wet or rutted out. Think about this every ama rider did more or less shit today not Only the americans there are no excuse for everyone of the ama riders to be so much out of pase except for them not being even close to the gp guys when it gets rough.
drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
10/7/2018 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 4:02pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I think most riders in post-race interviews will say after this race that the starts were super critical today. And the American riders were never in...

exactly.. USA lost by 2 points in '15. with Barcia Webb and j.martin. They all put in solid rides especially Barcia getting a holeshot and the win.

I honestly think if Anderson did not get landed on and was able to race the third moto the USA would have won in '16 even with Webb's tip over i'm confident Anderson would have had a top 3.

I don't know what happened today other than getting our asses kicked, but people seem to forget how close we came both those years with our "B" teams.
Drtbykr
10/7/2018 4:07pm
I’m Canadian and I feel bad. I loved it when I had MXGP for awhile on cable and 222 was a beast, 3 or 450.

Am I in love with a second rate series to MXGP? Maybe.

All those American guys can run at the front, they just have to be more prepared, and that starts with reward for talent and work. They need to be picked early, and smell the reward (outside sponsor $?). They don’t get money, if they win it’s “yeah, you’re supposed to”. If they don’t, “you suck”.

It’s so funny to an old f like me, decades ago the Americans mesmerized the Europeans with cut and thrust style.learnt in SX. Sure looked like the Euro’s were doing the cutting and thrusting in the sand. Some great racing between 250’s.

Pick em early, show them money. I don’t blame the top of the top, they have a lot to lose.

Was bummed for T-dags. Some dnf’s out there.

Thanks to the Canadian lads for representing.
10/7/2018 4:09pm
No they didn't suck. Come on man. Right now, and in the past few years the GP riders are just riding faster. They've really come along ways, and their competitive spirit and skills are just a touch better now. Congratulations to Team France and special mention of EVERY rider that showed up and got in the race. Great crowd, great racing!
APLMAN99
10/7/2018 4:18pm
TogaSet wrote:
Period. I’m ex military airborne love my country but c’mon. Our best score out of 6 rides was a 4th. Carmichael and villopoto are crying in...
Period. I’m ex military airborne love my country but c’mon. Our best score out of 6 rides was a 4th. Carmichael and villopoto are crying in their beers.
If you're talking AMA riders, you'd have to swap Plessinger's finishes with Ferrandis, since has raced the AMA series for the last couple of years............

That's an example of how a single day result can be skewed. AP vs DF this past season, Plessinger finished ahead of Ferrandis 12 out of 18 motos. He won both motos at Red Bud earlier this year. Yet today he couldn't even get within sight of Ferrandis.

Does this now mean that Plessinger sucks and that Ferrandis is on a completely different level? Obviously not, but that's the reasoning so many are using right now.......
TogaSet
Fantasy
3824th
10/7/2018 4:20pm
No they didn't suck. Come on man. Right now, and in the past few years the GP riders are just riding faster. They've really come along...
No they didn't suck. Come on man. Right now, and in the past few years the GP riders are just riding faster. They've really come along ways, and their competitive spirit and skills are just a touch better now. Congratulations to Team France and special mention of EVERY rider that showed up and got in the race. Great crowd, great racing!
That’s so sweet Harry you are such a positive guy but Team USA sucked. Their best ride was a 4th.
MotoX85
10/7/2018 5:17pm
TogaSet wrote:
Period. I’m ex military airborne love my country but c’mon. Our best score out of 6 rides was a 4th. Carmichael and villopoto are crying in...
Agree, 30 year retired Army here but our boys simply were 6th best this weekend and the top 5 flat out spanked our ass.

Time to get rid of supercross if we want to dominate motocross again.
TeamGreen
10/7/2018 5:17pm
The title of this thread sucks and makes this whole damn thing Dumbgeon worthy.
MotoX85
10/7/2018 5:20pm
TeamGreen wrote:
But the content is good
Do_Work
10/7/2018 5:21pm
Title is accurate. We are not gamers.
JRT812
10/7/2018 5:21pm
Why is calling it like it is frowned on? I appreciate the guys going and appreciate the representation, but damn we weren’t good at all.

Not sure why that is a problem. I’m sure these competitors who represented the good ole USA probably said the same thing.

I just hope they each have an opportunity for revenge
BikeGuy321
10/7/2018 5:25pm
I called it last week that Herlings would beat Tomac, so that wasn't surprising.

I wonder if there is a horsepower advantage for the FIM riders that is effecting the results. I remember when Dungey was still riding, they said his bike had the same chassis/suspension as Herlings, but the Euro KTMs had a different engine which made more power.
c0ncEpT
10/7/2018 5:26pm
Underwhelming performance for sure. Always next year I guess =\
stonerb
10/7/2018 5:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:
He’s not wrong, we got handled. What the fuck are you talking about?
jeffro503
10/7/2018 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 5:28pm
No they didn't suck. Come on man. Right now, and in the past few years the GP riders are just riding faster. They've really come along...
TogaSet wrote:
That’s so sweet Harry you are such a positive guy but Team USA sucked. Their best ride was a 4th.
Look.....both you guy's make good points here. But you also have to look at a little bigger picture here. Roczen started up toward's the front as well , Tomac caught him and passed him , just like what he did quite a few times in the national's. And they were what....1:15 down? It was kind of a wake up call , that ( not just the American's ) but the USA based rider's , need to step up their game a bit. We can't use bad start's , little mistakes , goggle issue's , being mind fucked....as an excuse. We need to learn from it , adjust , find our priorities and come out swinging next year!

Another thing......when I say bigger picture , it mean's that we need to take the outdoor's more seriously. Major sponsor's here , want SX. If a rider wants a healthy paycheck , he better be good at it. And in the long run , it makes us look foolish on the outdoor/ once a year outdoor race. Catch 22 . What do we do.

I'm not sure........but what I do know is , we got killed today , and that is because the emphasis is on SX. No other country on earth does this , except us. It's truly becoming two different sports , with different priorities.
Mx746
10/7/2018 5:30pm
BikeGuy321 wrote:
I called it last week that Herlings would beat Tomac, so that wasn't surprising. I wonder if there is a horsepower advantage for the FIM riders...
I called it last week that Herlings would beat Tomac, so that wasn't surprising.

I wonder if there is a horsepower advantage for the FIM riders that is effecting the results. I remember when Dungey was still riding, they said his bike had the same chassis/suspension as Herlings, but the Euro KTMs had a different engine which made more power.
But there were 250’s leading the 450’s
jeffro503
10/7/2018 5:31pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 5:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I disagree Manny. I think what happened today should not be silenced ....but talked about until our American team figures out why we're getting our ass's kicked. I support our guy's 110%.........but damn it!! There is something wrong! Way wrong compared to where we used to be!
jeffro503
10/7/2018 5:34pm
BikeGuy321 wrote:
I called it last week that Herlings would beat Tomac, so that wasn't surprising. I wonder if there is a horsepower advantage for the FIM riders...

Mx746 wrote:
But there were 250’s leading the 450’s
I believe it's the opposite. The GP guy's have more free reign on trick stuff on the bikes , but the fuel here is more hot and the bikes are faster for normal AMA national races. The FIM has different fuel requirement's , which produce less HP then our bikes here. Which is what everyone had to run today.
jeffro503
10/7/2018 5:35pm
This shouldn't have been moved to the Dumbgeon in my opinion.

Post a reply to: Team USA sucked.

The Latest