Thank You Team USA (Zach, Cole and Thomas)

Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 3:41pm
Zach Osborne, Cole Seely and Thomas Covington:

Thank you for volunteering and agreeing to ride for Team USA this year. While I know the outcome was disappointing and not what you wanted, I appreciate all three of you stepping up and giving it your all.

As a long time motocross fan, I'm equally as concerned about America's recent competitiveness in the MX Des Nations as anyone. However directing that frustration at you, or any rider who commits to represent their country, is terribly unfair and misguided in my opinion.

You three went, did your best, and gave us all something to get up early and root for. Remember, the only B and C team riders are the ones who wouldn't answer the call or were too afraid of the pressure to go.
|
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
10/1/2017 2:11pm
Yes, thank you for representing! Win, lose, or otherwise we are proud and thankful for your representation of our great country!
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
10/1/2017 2:14pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 2:15pm
They tried they're best, and that's all we can ask. Can't blame Cole for TWO broken shocks anyways, that's what really killed us.
Thanks you guys
Red141
10/1/2017 2:39pm
Good thread. Thank you boys!

The Shop

mtnr
10/1/2017 2:53pm
Yep, thanks for having the guts and the passion for representing American motocross. No easy task, the gp boys are flying. Next year!
flatout111
10/1/2017 3:29pm
Respect to Zacho, Thomas and Cole. Thank you for going and going proudly and wanting to be there. That speaks volumes. Loved Zacho before but lots of respect for Cole and a new big fan of Thomas Covington.

No, not the results they wanted, I'm sure, but representing your country proudly means a lot to me. Thank you, Team USA.
FlaNard
10/1/2017 3:44pm
Thanks to all of the members of team USA. We got three guys who gave a shit about going and who tried their best knowing that they were up against some great riders and an American fan base who would drag them through the mud in a second over anything other than a win.
gt80rider
10/1/2017 3:47pm
Yes indeed thank you! You have gained a life long fan in me for going and representing the USA.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
10/1/2017 3:59pm
Great rides all things considered, same team next year at RED BUUUUD would be totally fine with me
jamma10
10/1/2017 4:03pm
I was pleased I got a chance to see Seely race in the flesh and felt gutted for him.

The track was absolutely brutal today, I really don't think that can be emphasised enough.
downard254
10/1/2017 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 4:12pm
My hats off to our team. Proud of them like a father. They tried their best on this day and that’s all we can ask.
Paul333
10/1/2017 4:20pm
I am proud of everyone of them.
10/1/2017 4:25pm
Obviously I'm not a true fan because I was expecting a much better showing.
Very disappointed. Not because our guys didn't give their best. But because their best was not nearly good enough to compete with the Euros. Hats off to them. Our guys deserve much props for showing up and giving their all.
wreckitrandy
10/1/2017 4:37pm
MX Guy wrote:
Great rides all things considered, same team next year at RED BUUUUD would be totally fine with me
Agreed.
olds cool
10/1/2017 4:41pm
Thank you guys for your participation and service towards the cause. Sorry it didn't work out better but equipment failures and brutal conditions are hard to overcome for anybody. Much TY for wanting to be there and representing our country. Congrats to the French boys and their 4-0 streak.
Motoxdoc
10/1/2017 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/1/2017 4:52pm
Obviously I'm not a true fan because I was expecting a much better showing. Very disappointed. Not because our guys didn't give their best. But because...
Obviously I'm not a true fan because I was expecting a much better showing.
Very disappointed. Not because our guys didn't give their best. But because their best was not nearly good enough to compete with the Euros. Hats off to them. Our guys deserve much props for showing up and giving their all.
Is that a complement?

Thanks to Zack, Cole and Thomas! It was a bad day to have "issues" but as the saying goes, shit happens....what's that other thing a lot of the racers say...It is what it is! Anyway, they all have likable personalities and I'm a fan of all 3. I believe each one will go on to have many bigger and better days in their careers.
kiwifan
10/1/2017 4:53pm
neiltkool wrote:
Zach Osborne, Cole Seely and Thomas Covington: Thank you for volunteering and agreeing to ride for Team USA this year. While I know the outcome was...

Thank you for volunteering and agreeing to ride for Team USA this year. While I know the outcome was disappointing and not what you wanted, I appreciate all three of you stepping up and giving it your all.

As a long time motocross fan, I'm equally as concerned about America's recent competitiveness in the MX Des Nations as anyone. However directing that frustration at you, or any rider who commits to represent their country, is terribly unfair and misguided in my opinion.

You three went, did your best, and gave us all something to get up early and root for. Remember, the only B and C team riders are the ones who wouldn't answer the call or were too afraid of the pressure to go.
well said
dkg
10/1/2017 5:40pm
neiltkool wrote:
Zach Osborne, Cole Seely and Thomas Covington: Thank you for volunteering and agreeing to ride for Team USA this year. While I know the outcome was...

Agreed. Thank you team USA.
newmann
10/1/2017 5:51pm
Three guys ready to belly up to that bar? I'll buy the beers. Wink
yzfmonster
10/1/2017 6:34pm
Absolutely proud of all three guys. Bravery and selflessness to accept the challenge; dedication after a long, grueling season; and commitment to give it their all...in the mud, against stacked odds.

The final result wasn't what they or anyone would have wanted, but they definitely deserve our thanks, honor, and support. Way to go Zach, Cole, and Thomas.
Dougy1
10/1/2017 6:36pm
jamma10 wrote:
I was pleased I got a chance to see Seely race in the flesh and felt gutted for him. The track was absolutely brutal today, I...
I was pleased I got a chance to see Seely race in the flesh and felt gutted for him.

The track was absolutely brutal today, I really don't think that can be emphasised enough.
Haha so it's the tracks fault
MotoX85
10/1/2017 7:17pm
Yes indeed, thanks for giving up your time off to race for this great country. I will always support the riders who support this country
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
10/1/2017 7:40pm
They stepped up to the plate and took a swing. Sometimes you strike out, sometimes you hit a home run. This year wasn't the result that Team USA fans wanted, but they put an honest effort in, can't be disappointed in that.

The Des Nations has so many variables that can alter the results, one crash, one mechanical, one bad start, or one holeshot can make or break your team's fortunes.

It makes it more impressive what Team USA did from 81-93 and 05-11 and what Team France has done the past 4 years. That level of consistent success year after year is hard to do.
BS12
10/1/2017 8:05pm
Interesting comment from someone earlier that I'll elaborate on:

Same team next year?

For a few years now a handful of your top guys have snubbed this race for a number of reasons. Next year its in your backyard. Granted there's a lot of variables and time between now and then, but theoretically do you choose the best 3 guys next year assuming they're all willing in a bid to return to glory, or offer the spots to the same 3 guys first, given how keen all 3 were to head to England and represent this year? Probably more specifically referring to Covington, who personally wrote to Roger begging for a chance to represent his country. That said, Seely and Osborne's regular season finished over a month ago, and Monster Cup is only 2 weeks away, so still no chance of a breather for them yet, making for a very long year.
10/1/2017 11:34pm
Yes, thank you, Zack, Cole, and Thomas! You gave your own time to race for the USA, you deserve our appreciation. You will have better luck next year!
matze
Fantasy
3097th
10/2/2017 1:12am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2017 1:14am
They tried theyre best, very very bad luck for seely..how is this even possible twice in a row?
Impressive ride from zacho in the 2nd moto

Post a reply to: Thank You Team USA (Zach, Cole and Thomas)

The Latest