The MEC

mxb2
10/11/2019 2:37pm
It kinda loses its edge when you’ve already got a couple or more mill in the bank & a secure job. Let’s be realistic- there’s about...
It kinda loses its edge when you’ve already got a couple or more mill in the bank & a secure job. Let’s be realistic- there’s about 3 or 4 riders who have got the ability to win it & they’re all multi millionaires already, so..

And it shows in who can be motivated to enter it.
zehn wrote:
Oh please. Your thinly-veiled jabs at the MEC are so fucking obvious. You act like des Nations is the most important race of the year from...
Oh please. Your thinly-veiled jabs at the MEC are so fucking obvious. You act like des Nations is the most important race of the year from a racer's perspective and then turn around and act like a possible million dollar payday doesn't matter because they ALREADY have a million dollars or more.

Give me a fucking break. You're just here to stir up Euro vs. US bullshit. It's so obvious
Ask Jason how important it is to him? And I reject your “thinly veiled” comment- I’m not trying to hide it, MEC is a load of...
Ask Jason how important it is to him?

And I reject your “thinly veiled” comment- I’m not trying to hide it, MEC is a load of shit!

*im looking forward to A1 as always..
Ask gajser. Guess he likes $$, but oh yea. My bad. He has enough according to you.
10/11/2019 2:48pm
zehn wrote:
Oh please. Your thinly-veiled jabs at the MEC are so fucking obvious. You act like des Nations is the most important race of the year from...
Oh please. Your thinly-veiled jabs at the MEC are so fucking obvious. You act like des Nations is the most important race of the year from a racer's perspective and then turn around and act like a possible million dollar payday doesn't matter because they ALREADY have a million dollars or more.

Give me a fucking break. You're just here to stir up Euro vs. US bullshit. It's so obvious
Ask Jason how important it is to him? And I reject your “thinly veiled” comment- I’m not trying to hide it, MEC is a load of...

And I reject your “thinly veiled” comment- I’m not trying to hide it, MEC is a load of shit!

mxb2 wrote:
Ask gajser. Guess he likes $$, but oh yea. My bad. He has enough according to you.
Ever wondered if Gajser might have an alternative motivation??

Ever wondered why Herlings bothered to come and race Ironman? I’d take a punt he didn’t do it for the extra money..
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/11/2019 2:51pm
And who REALLY gets excited about a Millionaire winning another million? Honestly?? That money could be so much better spent within the industry to benefit lots...
And who REALLY gets excited about a Millionaire winning another million? Honestly?? That money could be so much better spent within the industry to benefit lots of riders.
God knows there’s plenty of chat on here about low paid privateers- we should petition for Monster NOT to award the Million at MEC, but to divide it by the first 30 privateers in the outdoor National series.

Hands up if you care that Eli won ANOTHER million..

Hands up if you care more that the top 30 privateers in the outdoors would be $30k better off..

I reckon I know where the majority would vote.
Did you know that 60-70% of professional athletes go bankrupt within the first couple of years of retirement? And that includes all other sports that are way better paid than MX/SX.

Being a millionaire means NOTHING if you're not financially educated.
Hell yeah I care and I hope they suck as many millions as they can out of mega companies like Monster. So they have something to live on once they retire from doing the only thing they know how to do, with most of their lives still in front of them.

S
M
H
PBRvince
Fantasy
2055th
10/11/2019 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2019 2:54pm
I'm pumped for Mookie, this will be a big opportunity for him. I like AC too. But I'm not betting against ET3.

The Shop

10/11/2019 3:02pm
seth505 wrote:
I see 4 names or so that could easily get at least 1 moto win.
CivBars wrote:
4?! Who?

1. Tomac
If Tomac goes down, gets injured, or has a mechanical, then I could see Barcia, Wilson, or Malcolm getting a win.
TymeMoto
10/11/2019 3:04pm
Can’t wait to see Alessi on the YZ325
10/11/2019 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2019 3:08pm
Ever wondered if Gajser might have an alternative motivation?? Ever wondered why Herlings bothered to come and race Ironman? I’d take a punt he didn’t do...

Ever wondered why Herlings bothered to come and race Ironman? I’d take a punt he didn’t do it for the extra money..
So are you suggesting that there is no other motivation for Tomac to participate in this event? It isn’t an opportunity to test his supercross setup in a race environment? What about him more than likely being contractually obligated to participate? I’m not going to act like I know his contract details but one can assume.

Even if his only motivation is the money, what is the issue with that? Seems like that is the motivation for most of the people who work but I guess because he’s not pleasing you it’s become an issue?
10/11/2019 3:09pm
seth505 wrote:
CivBars wrote:
4?! Who?

1. Tomac
If Tomac goes down, gets injured, or has a mechanical, then I could see Barcia, Wilson, or Malcolm getting a win.
Wilson has been putting a lot of supercross laps in for awhile now
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
10/11/2019 3:42pm
Boomslang wrote:
I think Adam is up for a Million.
Trudare69 wrote:
Would LOVE to see that but very very unlikely.....
We can only hope but I do think Adam is at home on a 450. The MEC is the ideal track to kick off his 450 campaign.
kkawboy14
10/11/2019 4:23pm
......NO WHOOPS.....

Red Bull hates losing at Monster events?

Monster hates losing at Redbull events?
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
10/11/2019 4:39pm
Well at least we know that savatgy won't be waving toe smack by....if he's leading.
mxb2
10/11/2019 4:45pm
Ever wondered if Gajser might have an alternative motivation?? Ever wondered why Herlings bothered to come and race Ironman? I’d take a punt he didn’t do...

So are you suggesting that there is no other motivation for Tomac to participate in this event? It isn’t an opportunity to test his supercross setup...
So are you suggesting that there is no other motivation for Tomac to participate in this event? It isn’t an opportunity to test his supercross setup in a race environment? What about him more than likely being contractually obligated to participate? I’m not going to act like I know his contract details but one can assume.

Even if his only motivation is the money, what is the issue with that? Seems like that is the motivation for most of the people who work but I guess because he’s not pleasing you it’s become an issue?
Bingo, for a guy that doesnt care about $$ or the mec. He sure talks alot about it. Wgaf move.on. Grow up. It isnt your life. . Go work free.
kkawboy14
10/11/2019 4:47pm
dsmith wrote:
Well at least we know that savatgy won't be waving toe smack by....if he's leading.
AND we know Savatgy won’t be getting punted on the last lap by Osborne!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/11/2019 5:09pm
seth505 wrote:
CivBars wrote:
4?! Who?

1. Tomac
Exactly. Maybe not at a normal supercross round but definitely a moto win at MEC could be in the cards if any of these guys are feelin it that night.
10/11/2019 5:54pm
dsmith wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
AND we know Savatgy won’t be getting punted on the last lap by Osborne!
pretty sure savetgy has a score to settle with tomac i wouldnt be surprised to see him put tomac on the ground if given the chance..
zehn
10/11/2019 6:02pm
cablecable wrote:
pretty sure savetgy has a score to settle with tomac i wouldnt be surprised to see him put tomac on the ground if given the chance..
Why? What Joey did was totally his choice. Yeah it sucks that Tomac didn’t kick him some cash on the side but Joey was acting completely under his own volition
peltier626
10/11/2019 6:35pm Edited Date/Time 10/11/2019 6:36pm
Gaiser gets on the podium.
therealhammer
10/11/2019 8:21pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
......NO WHOOPS.....

Red Bull hates losing at Monster events?

Monster hates losing at Redbull events?
No we don’t .. really that thought has never crossed our mind .
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
10/11/2019 9:54pm
When is the MEC? I could search Google but always better to get the info from one of my fellow Vitards.Whistling
JMX82
10/11/2019 11:34pm
Some of you guys seem to think that big award money will provide good racing. Last couple of years MEC has been total snooze fest. The track has been sketchy and riders have fought more against the track than eachother. I don't blame the riders if they choose to skip that...

Those who think riders are riding free at MXON why they still carry their sponsor logos in that race? Maybe sponsors are paying for participating for the biggest race of the year with huge global audience? USA is not the only country in the world with motocross fans you know
10/11/2019 11:55pm
JMX82 wrote:
Some of you guys seem to think that big award money will provide good racing. Last couple of years MEC has been total snooze fest. The...
Some of you guys seem to think that big award money will provide good racing. Last couple of years MEC has been total snooze fest. The track has been sketchy and riders have fought more against the track than eachother. I don't blame the riders if they choose to skip that...

Those who think riders are riding free at MXON why they still carry their sponsor logos in that race? Maybe sponsors are paying for participating for the biggest race of the year with huge global audience? USA is not the only country in the world with motocross fans you know
Amen.🙏🏼
Excaliburbmx
10/12/2019 12:53am
And who REALLY gets excited about a Millionaire winning another million? Honestly?? That money could be so much better spent within the industry to benefit lots...
And who REALLY gets excited about a Millionaire winning another million? Honestly?? That money could be so much better spent within the industry to benefit lots of riders.
God knows there’s plenty of chat on here about low paid privateers- we should petition for Monster NOT to award the Million at MEC, but to divide it by the first 30 privateers in the outdoor National series.

Hands up if you care more that the top 30 privateers in the outdoors would be $30k better off..

People are excited about jh84 racing mxgp and he is the clear favorite barring injury and he is already wealthy why is anyone excited? Because he is exciting same as Tomac in the sx/ama/mec
10/12/2019 4:37am

crusty_xx wrote:
Did you know that 60-70% of professional athletes go bankrupt within the first couple of years of retirement? And that includes all other sports that are...
Did you know that 60-70% of professional athletes go bankrupt within the first couple of years of retirement? And that includes all other sports that are way better paid than MX/SX.

Being a millionaire means NOTHING if you're not financially educated.
Hell yeah I care and I hope they suck as many millions as they can out of mega companies like Monster. So they have something to live on once they retire from doing the only thing they know how to do, with most of their lives still in front of them.

S
M
H
I think you quoted the wrong post..
This guy was just saying how the fans don’t care if Eli wins another million.

I agree with what your saying though. Only a small window of time to make as much money as possible. Every dollar matters in this business.
10/12/2019 7:59am

People are excited about jh84 racing mxgp and he is the clear favorite barring injury and he is already wealthy why is anyone excited? Because he...
People are excited about jh84 racing mxgp and he is the clear favorite barring injury and he is already wealthy why is anyone excited? Because he is exciting same as Tomac in the sx/ama/mec
Yes, I agree and as fans, watching great racers put on a show is what we should be excited about.

But on this board, it seems many people think its perfectly acceptable for riders to forgo the MXoN simply because they're not getting paid and in some cases even, Team USA should boycott it.

Whereas when it comes to the MEC, these same 'fans' are all over it because the winner gets a Million..

Don't fans just want to watch the best racers put on a great show? DESPITE the winners prize? You could pay the racers 1 cent or 1 million- I don't care, it makes no difference to me, I just wanna see a good race!
majaaa93
10/12/2019 10:20am
zehn wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Billy gajser is not racing because of milions that mac event. He is racing because he wanna race sx and is the only time he have time to do it. He also raced mxon, slovenian nacional races.. He is racing because is only time that he cann try real sx 😉
mxb2
10/12/2019 10:25am

mxb2 wrote:
majaaa93 wrote:
Billy gajser is not racing because of milions that mac event. He is racing because he wanna race sx and is the only time he have...
Billy gajser is not racing because of milions that mac event. He is racing because he wanna race sx and is the only time he have time to do it. He also raced mxon, slovenian nacional races.. He is racing because is only time that he cann try real sx 😉
I think its awesome that he is racing it,. But i am not butthurt that some riders choose not to race mxon, red bull , mec. Etc. Like some on here.

Post a reply to: The MEC

The Latest