The MEC

Excaliburbmx
10/12/2019 10:33am
And who REALLY gets excited about a Millionaire winning another million? Honestly?? That money could be so much better spent within the industry to benefit lots...
And who REALLY gets excited about a Millionaire winning another million? Honestly?? That money could be so much better spent within the industry to benefit lots of riders.
God knows there’s plenty of chat on here about low paid privateers- we should petition for Monster NOT to award the Million at MEC, but to divide it by the first 30 privateers in the outdoor National series.

Hands up if you care that Eli won ANOTHER million..

Hands up if you care more that the top 30 privateers in the outdoors would be $30k better off..

I reckon I know where the majority would vote.
People are excited about jh84 racing mxgp and he is the clear favorite barring injury and he is already wealthy why is anyone excited? Because he...
People are excited about jh84 racing mxgp and he is the clear favorite barring injury and he is already wealthy why is anyone excited? Because he is exciting same as Tomac in the sx/ama/mec
Yes, I agree and as fans, watching great racers put on a show is what we should be excited about. But on this board, it seems...
Yes, I agree and as fans, watching great racers put on a show is what we should be excited about.

But on this board, it seems many people think its perfectly acceptable for riders to forgo the MXoN simply because they're not getting paid and in some cases even, Team USA should boycott it.

Whereas when it comes to the MEC, these same 'fans' are all over it because the winner gets a Million..

Don't fans just want to watch the best racers put on a great show? DESPITE the winners prize? You could pay the racers 1 cent or 1 million- I don't care, it makes no difference to me, I just wanna see a good race!
One huge difference is Mxon is a team race and not an individual accomplishment.
Tomac did respectfully at redbud on a new bike and in the mud but his teammates didn’t fare as well. He still got the hate and disrespect.
mxb2
10/12/2019 10:36am
People are excited about jh84 racing mxgp and he is the clear favorite barring injury and he is already wealthy why is anyone excited? Because he...
People are excited about jh84 racing mxgp and he is the clear favorite barring injury and he is already wealthy why is anyone excited? Because he is exciting same as Tomac in the sx/ama/mec
Yes, I agree and as fans, watching great racers put on a show is what we should be excited about. But on this board, it seems...
Yes, I agree and as fans, watching great racers put on a show is what we should be excited about.

But on this board, it seems many people think its perfectly acceptable for riders to forgo the MXoN simply because they're not getting paid and in some cases even, Team USA should boycott it.

Whereas when it comes to the MEC, these same 'fans' are all over it because the winner gets a Million..

Don't fans just want to watch the best racers put on a great show? DESPITE the winners prize? You could pay the racers 1 cent or 1 million- I don't care, it makes no difference to me, I just wanna see a good race!
One huge difference is Mxon is a team race and not an individual accomplishment. Tomac did respectfully at redbud on a new bike and in the...
One huge difference is Mxon is a team race and not an individual accomplishment.
Tomac did respectfully at redbud on a new bike and in the mud but his teammates didn’t fare as well. He still got the hate and disrespect.
And 2 other mxon,. Selective memory for some.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
10/12/2019 10:44am
I'll be watching for a air shift or a "shit I forgot the joker lane".

The Shop

Hcallz5
10/12/2019 12:19pm
Damn no Coop, Kenny, Anderson, Osbourne.

Gonna be kind of a snoozer imo.
10/12/2019 3:10pm
JMX82 wrote:
Some of you guys seem to think that big award money will provide good racing. Last couple of years MEC has been total snooze fest. The...
Some of you guys seem to think that big award money will provide good racing. Last couple of years MEC has been total snooze fest. The track has been sketchy and riders have fought more against the track than eachother. I don't blame the riders if they choose to skip that...

Those who think riders are riding free at MXON why they still carry their sponsor logos in that race? Maybe sponsors are paying for participating for the biggest race of the year with huge global audience? USA is not the only country in the world with motocross fans you know
What post gave you the impression that people thought that a big money award would somehow magically create good racing? I don’t even see how that can be inferred, someone mentioned how the money adds some meaning to the event, which it undeniably does, but that is about it.
ProKawi24
10/12/2019 4:11pm
Anyone know if the Supermini class or Amateur all-stars will be aired? I don't believe the TV broadcast ever does but since this is my first year with the NBC Gold package I was hoping to see them.

Which brings up another question...why no Max Vohland? Is he sitting out because of his crash at RBSR? I was expecting him to maybe be in the Amateur all stars.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/12/2019 5:02pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Anyone know if the Supermini class or Amateur all-stars will be aired? I don't believe the TV broadcast ever does but since this is my first...
Anyone know if the Supermini class or Amateur all-stars will be aired? I don't believe the TV broadcast ever does but since this is my first year with the NBC Gold package I was hoping to see them.

Which brings up another question...why no Max Vohland? Is he sitting out because of his crash at RBSR? I was expecting him to maybe be in the Amateur all stars.
The supermini and amateur all-star classes will air on TV. Not only that but Supercross Futures will also be livestreamed.

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Supercross-Futures-to-be-L…
10/12/2019 5:06pm

You’re mistaking people giving you potential reasons as to why a rider might choose one event over another for people giving you reasons as to why they enjoy said event. They aren’t the same and in my opinion a real fan of the sport wouldn’t be so naive and ignorant to think the fans and riders priorities are mutual.

I also fail to see the issue with not going to the MXdN because of lack of pay. The rider is being asked to work, what is wrong with asking to be paid? I’m not claiming to agree with that mentality nor am I claiming to support it but I do not understand the issue with it. The idea that the MXdN should be mandatory purely because of patriotism is absurd.
10/12/2019 5:07pm

One huge difference is Mxon is a team race and not an individual accomplishment. Tomac did respectfully at redbud on a new bike and in the...
Tomac got his ass handed to him at MXoN, that’s why he only wants to race shit shows like monster cup now.
ProKawi24
10/12/2019 5:08pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
Anyone know if the Supermini class or Amateur all-stars will be aired? I don't believe the TV broadcast ever does but since this is my first...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
The supermini and amateur all-star classes will air on TV. Not only that but Supercross Futures will also be livestreamed.

Awesome thanks dude.
10/12/2019 5:09pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
Damn no Coop, Kenny, Anderson, Osbourne.

Gonna be kind of a snoozer imo.
Fucking shit show, probably won’t happen again.
mxb2
10/12/2019 5:11pm

Tomac got his ass handed to him at MXoN, that’s why he only wants to race shit shows like monster cup now.
Yea 4th overall sucks. Imagine how kroc felt goin 9-25. Did you miss the other mxon races tomac did?
10/12/2019 5:13pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yea 4th overall sucks. Imagine how kroc felt goin 9-25. Did you miss the other mxon races tomac did?
I’m in a bad mood today so I feel like having a whinge about something....yeah yeah I know but fuck it 🤷‍♂️
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/12/2019 5:17pm
ProKawi24 wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ProKawi24 wrote:
Awesome thanks dude.
As for Vohland, I'm not sure if he has an injury or not but I do believe he's off supermini's and is now on 125's.

The amateur all-star class is a mixture of B and A riders. I don't think he has any experience on a 250 4t so it makes sense to sit it out. Maybe next year.
mxb2
10/12/2019 5:24pm
mxb2 wrote:
I’m in a bad mood today so I feel like having a whinge about something....yeah yeah I know but fuck it 🤷‍♂️
Hahhaaa. All.good man .
ProKawi24
10/12/2019 8:04pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

ProKawi24 wrote:
Awesome thanks dude.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
As for Vohland, I'm not sure if he has an injury or not but I do believe he's off supermini's and is now on 125's. The...
As for Vohland, I'm not sure if he has an injury or not but I do believe he's off supermini's and is now on 125's.

The amateur all-star class is a mixture of B and A riders. I don't think he has any experience on a 250 4t so it makes sense to sit it out. Maybe next year.
I'm really rooting for him. Back in 2000/2001 when I was racing 85cc/Supermini as a support rider for PC/Kawi, his dad Tallon was a huge help for me. We used to practice together out at Hangtown & Marysville a lot. He gave me a ton of advice, tips, tricks, etc. and my dad helped his dad and brother wrenching on his practice bikes. Super down to earth good guys, the whole family. He came to visit me after my accident too. I've been rooting for his kid and can't wait to see him move up to the pro class. Very smooth yet aggressive riding style like his dad. He looked very comfortable on that 125 at RBSR, I have to imagine by next year he'll be moving up.
gnarwhip
10/12/2019 8:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/12/2019 8:25pm
This off season bs has become a war between the sugar/ caffeine companies. Ruined it for everyone. Sad.
Bruce372
10/12/2019 8:18pm
Bruce372 wrote:
does anyone know a simple way it can be watched online? Ive checked my NBC sports app and cannot see the MEC. Is NBC still doing...
does anyone know a simple way it can be watched online?

Ive checked my NBC sports app and cannot see the MEC.

Is NBC still doing the SX and MX package???
Mavetism wrote:
My nbc sports gold sx+Mx package shows the MEC as the last race of this subscription.
I was wondering why I couldn't see it and the looked up the race is next week 😂😂😂
sparker245
10/12/2019 8:30pm
ProKawi24, Max posted on Instagram that he "got lucky" and only broke his collarbone at RBSR. And agree with you, the Vohland's are a great family.
gnarwhip
10/12/2019 8:43pm
So none of the big Monster guys did the RBSR, none of the big Red Bull guys are doing the MEC, and none of the big Rockstar guys are doing either. Cool. Great job guys.
ProKawi24
10/12/2019 8:54pm
sparker245 wrote:
ProKawi24, Max posted on Instagram that he "got lucky" and only broke his collarbone at RBSR. And agree with you, the Vohland's are a great family.
Yeah they really are.
That sucks he broke his collarbone but it's a minor setback. Even though my loyalties are with PC/Kawi and he rides KTM, I'm still rooting for him. It should get pretty interesting if he moves up while Forkner is still in the 250 class.
iplaybmx
10/12/2019 9:43pm
Is deegan going the supermini race?
iplaybmx
10/12/2019 9:43pm
Is deegan doing the supermini race?
JMX82
10/12/2019 10:29pm
JMX82 wrote:
Some of you guys seem to think that big award money will provide good racing. Last couple of years MEC has been total snooze fest. The...
Some of you guys seem to think that big award money will provide good racing. Last couple of years MEC has been total snooze fest. The track has been sketchy and riders have fought more against the track than eachother. I don't blame the riders if they choose to skip that...

Those who think riders are riding free at MXON why they still carry their sponsor logos in that race? Maybe sponsors are paying for participating for the biggest race of the year with huge global audience? USA is not the only country in the world with motocross fans you know
What post gave you the impression that people thought that a big money award would somehow magically create good racing? I don’t even see how that...
What post gave you the impression that people thought that a big money award would somehow magically create good racing? I don’t even see how that can be inferred, someone mentioned how the money adds some meaning to the event, which it undeniably does, but that is about it.
Because you keep telling how important race the MEC is when there is possible to win a million Dollars like that is everything that matters and makes the race more prestigious than MXON.

And you are naive to think that riders aren't getting paid anything from riding MXON. Why do they have their sponsor logos on their bikes if they aren't getting paid for that?
JeepnMike
10/12/2019 11:06pm
I have read two threads of Vital tonight. Both have loads of comments that rival Instragam on a bad day. This thread is no exception. I was dumb before, I am more stupider now.

Note to self, stay off Vital until January.
ledger
10/12/2019 11:08pm
This time next week should be interesting...and hope we're all...sane. lol.
Ranman68
10/12/2019 11:34pm
peltier626 wrote:
Gaiser gets on the podium.
That's what I'm thinking. As long as he doesn't wad it somewhere. I think he's a little more prepared than he was in 2017, and even then he was showing top 5 speed before he ate it.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
10/13/2019 1:13am
No red bull riders at MEC

no monster riders at Red bull Straight Rhythm

Post a reply to: The MEC

The Latest