The addiction to this sport really is sick..

sickboy3636
1/7/2018 5:03am
Was on the way to Dallas to catch a gun show before the race when a 2016 f150 swerved over and took me out head on. The airbag didn’t deploy and I went head first into the steering wheel. Woke up and was being rushed to the ER for a possible fracture in my neck. The ER was mega crazy on a Saturday and I was in a hospital bed for nearly 2-3 hours, to make matters worse I was throwing up from a concussion and in a neck brace which are awful. As I started half coming to I was trying to get ahold of my family and let them know what was going on.

After coming out of both cat scans, x-rays and other tests, I was brought back to my room and again able to use my phone. My brother wanted an update and mentioned he was on the way to watch the race. Amid the chaos I forgot about the race but realized I had been at the ER nearly the whole day and SX was gonna start in 2 hours. I frantically contacted the nurse to find out if she could get FS1 in my room. She searched and then asked and found out they didn’t have it and I was out of luck.

This was a problem. I didn’t get the grip for my revolver I wanted to pick up, on top of that the lifted 96 2 door Tahoe I got at new when I was 16 and have owned for 20 years and just finished restoring is so destroyed it ripped the seats outta the floor pan, I’m also laying with a potential broken neck and now on top of everything, I’m about to miss the opener. I called the doctor into my room and told him he better get on it reading x-rays, cause in 45 minutes unless he told me I have a fractured neck that may render me paralyzed, I’m getting the hell outta this hospital bed and going to watch A1, he laughed and thought I was joking.

He came back and said my x-rays through my spinal cord were negative but recommended that due to the head injury and severity of the impact, I stay for the night. I thanked him, but said since there’s no threat to my spine, after enough injury’s in racing and sports....I’ll live. I crawled into a wheel chair and into my buddies truck For the hour long drive home to catch Roczens return. I figure if he can race after a near amputation, I can certainly drag my mangled ass to a bed to watch Anaheim 1. Sooo, here I’m laying....my necks jacked, face and head bruised and sore, my pride and joy is totaled, but despite nearly one of the shittiest days of my life, it was a damn good race and the only high spot of my day. So anyway, the doc thought I was crazy to crawl out to go watch motorcycle racing, but I guess he didn’t understand what a sick twisted bunch we all are. But thank God, it’s race season again, and Pulps back, so I can listen to Matthes brag about Tim Ferry while I’m recovering......love what you’re doin Steve, even if you hate this site Wink .....and Vital, wear your seat belts boys......seriously.
PS. Tomac, pull your damn pants up and finish the frickin main would ya.
|
motosmith
1/7/2018 5:38am
Ha, ha funny about the mx addiction. I can relate. Glad your ok man, sounds like it was a close call. Hang in there.
kongols
1/7/2018 5:40am
Wow. Rough day. Heal up quick.
Acidreamer
1/7/2018 5:41am
I relate on another level. I basically cut off all my non moto friends every saturday to watch practice and the race. Zero chance of missing it. No hanging out or going out for me. Lmao
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 6:15am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:53pm
Acidreamer wrote:
I relate on another level. I basically cut off all my non moto friends every saturday to watch practice and the race. Zero chance of missing...
I relate on another level. I basically cut off all my non moto friends every saturday to watch practice and the race. Zero chance of missing it. No hanging out or going out for me. Lmao

The Shop

sickboy3636
1/7/2018 6:18am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:53pm
kongols wrote:
Wow. Rough day. Heal up quick.
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
1/7/2018 6:22am
Damm good luck healing up. I thought my day sucked.
Whymee
1/7/2018 7:04am
Wow. Bad day for sure.

Look at the bright side. It could have been a helluva lot worse. (could have missed A1 completely!)

Hope you heal up quick!
Bermworm
1/7/2018 7:12am
Hope you heal up quick I know it hurts but the Tahoe was just "stuff" glad you got to keep everything that was really important and you made the race.Cheers.
cappelmans
1/7/2018 7:12am
Wow this could be a cool feature story for the coverage of the upcoming race!
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 7:13am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:54pm
Whymee wrote:
Wow. Bad day for sure. Look at the bright side. It could have been a helluva lot worse. (could have missed A1 completely!) Hope you heal...
Wow. Bad day for sure.

Look at the bright side. It could have been a helluva lot worse. (could have missed A1 completely!)

Hope you heal up quick!
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 7:20am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:54pm
Bermworm wrote:
Hope you heal up quick I know it hurts but the Tahoe was just "stuff" glad you got to keep everything that was really important and...
Hope you heal up quick I know it hurts but the Tahoe was just "stuff" glad you got to keep everything that was really important and you made the race.Cheers.
BobbyM
1/7/2018 7:21am
Was on the way to Dallas to catch a gun show before the race when a 2016 f150 swerved over and took me out head on...
Was on the way to Dallas to catch a gun show before the race when a 2016 f150 swerved over and took me out head on. The airbag didn’t deploy and I went head first into the steering wheel. Woke up and was being rushed to the ER for a possible fracture in my neck. The ER was mega crazy on a Saturday and I was in a hospital bed for nearly 2-3 hours, to make matters worse I was throwing up from a concussion and in a neck brace which are awful. As I started half coming to I was trying to get ahold of my family and let them know what was going on.

After coming out of both cat scans, x-rays and other tests, I was brought back to my room and again able to use my phone. My brother wanted an update and mentioned he was on the way to watch the race. Amid the chaos I forgot about the race but realized I had been at the ER nearly the whole day and SX was gonna start in 2 hours. I frantically contacted the nurse to find out if she could get FS1 in my room. She searched and then asked and found out they didn’t have it and I was out of luck.

This was a problem. I didn’t get the grip for my revolver I wanted to pick up, on top of that the lifted 96 2 door Tahoe I got at new when I was 16 and have owned for 20 years and just finished restoring is so destroyed it ripped the seats outta the floor pan, I’m also laying with a potential broken neck and now on top of everything, I’m about to miss the opener. I called the doctor into my room and told him he better get on it reading x-rays, cause in 45 minutes unless he told me I have a fractured neck that may render me paralyzed, I’m getting the hell outta this hospital bed and going to watch A1, he laughed and thought I was joking.

He came back and said my x-rays through my spinal cord were negative but recommended that due to the head injury and severity of the impact, I stay for the night. I thanked him, but said since there’s no threat to my spine, after enough injury’s in racing and sports....I’ll live. I crawled into a wheel chair and into my buddies truck For the hour long drive home to catch Roczens return. I figure if he can race after a near amputation, I can certainly drag my mangled ass to a bed to watch Anaheim 1. Sooo, here I’m laying....my necks jacked, face and head bruised and sore, my pride and joy is totaled, but despite nearly one of the shittiest days of my life, it was a damn good race and the only high spot of my day. So anyway, the doc thought I was crazy to crawl out to go watch motorcycle racing, but I guess he didn’t understand what a sick twisted bunch we all are. But thank God, it’s race season again, and Pulps back, so I can listen to Matthes brag about Tim Ferry while I’m recovering......love what you’re doin Steve, even if you hate this site Wink .....and Vital, wear your seat belts boys......seriously.
One word TIVO
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 7:22am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:54pm
cappelmans wrote:
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 7:24am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:55pm
Was on the way to Dallas to catch a gun show before the race when a 2016 f150 swerved over and took me out head on...

BobbyM wrote:
One word TIVO
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/7/2018 7:30am
cappelmans wrote:
Put a wig on, grab a handful of the girlfriend's makeup, a couple of cantaloupes, tuck the dong and we'll nominate you for the Toyota From Makeup to Mud segment.
erik_94COBRA
1/7/2018 7:31am
I really like those Tahoes. Like Broncos better, but wish they still made truck-based SUVs of any sort. Especially with a manual.

Heal up!
FahQ
1/7/2018 7:57am
Would it lessen the pain to know the other guy was looking down at his cell phone, watching the pre race show?
Get well soon!
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
1/7/2018 8:44am
Hope you heal fast. Glad you are ok for the most part. I have the moto sickness as well. Moto has come first for 40 years.
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 8:49am Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:55pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Put a wig on, grab a handful of the girlfriend's makeup, a couple of cantaloupes, tuck the dong and we'll nominate you for the Toyota From...
Put a wig on, grab a handful of the girlfriend's makeup, a couple of cantaloupes, tuck the dong and we'll nominate you for the Toyota From Makeup to Mud segment.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/7/2018 10:43am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Put a wig on, grab a handful of the girlfriend's makeup, a couple of cantaloupes, tuck the dong and we'll nominate you for the Toyota From...
I don't even know if they're giving away a truck. Might have to check out the website and see what the rules are. If they're in the gray area, you're good to go.

Hey, if Friese can race wearing guyliner and Brett Michaels can get his ride on sporting eye makeup and lip gloss I don't see why we can't make this happen for a guy in need of a new truck.
usafwx
1/7/2018 11:23am
Wow, just wow. Best wishes and for a speedy recovery bud.
JW381
1/7/2018 11:28am
Pretty cool story haha! Heal up
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:55pm
I really like those Tahoes. Like Broncos better, but wish they still made truck-based SUVs of any sort. Especially with a manual.

Heal up!
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 5:38pm
FahQ wrote:
Would it lessen the pain to know the other guy was looking down at his cell phone, watching the pre race show?
Get well soon!
Haha......you know FahQ, I think it would........but judging by his metro looking boat shoes and the fact that he was driving his dads 2016, he didn't strike me as a dude that huffs premix before dinner.
Rhino
1/7/2018 5:41pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't even know if they're giving away a truck. Might have to check out the website and see what the rules are. If they're in...
I don't even know if they're giving away a truck. Might have to check out the website and see what the rules are. If they're in the gray area, you're good to go.

Hey, if Friese can race wearing guyliner and Brett Michaels can get his ride on sporting eye makeup and lip gloss I don't see why we can't make this happen for a guy in need of a new truck.
That segment was incredibly cringeworthy. My chick loves SX(OK Dungey) but when that came on she was like WTF, this is horrible.
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 5:48pm
FLmxer wrote:
Hope you heal fast. Glad you are ok for the most part. I have the moto sickness as well. Moto has come first for 40 years.
I got hooked as a kid. Started racing as soon as I had something I could twist the throttle on. I got on a smoker a bit later in my childhood, but it didn't keep me from keeping up with all the other kids.......I just had horrible technique so I wrecked anytime I wasn't making passes. I got away from MX when a career in football got serious,....but after tearing my knee the last time and ending everything at 25, it was back to riding a dirt bike like a frickin maniac. But thanks brother, its nice to hear that and helps me keep things in perspective cause being bed ridden and thru all this I'm pretty bummed.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/7/2018 5:50pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't even know if they're giving away a truck. Might have to check out the website and see what the rules are. If they're in...

Rhino wrote:
That segment was incredibly cringeworthy. My chick loves SX(OK Dungey) but when that came on she was like WTF, this is horrible.
Got to find a way to get that Toyota message out there but I agree.

Last year was pretty cool with the military veterans, building the accessible truck, etc. Not only that but someone actually got the set of keys at the end of it all. I have no idea if this year a girl will end up with a new Tundra or not but I seriously couldn't care less about that segment or all the social media bullshit that's been the same for years.

I don't know if they'll have that Toyota From Makeup to Mud segment at each round but I sure hope not. I just know they have more planned but how many, who knows?
bball35
1/7/2018 5:52pm
There’s drug addiction and then there’s motocross addiction. Motocross addiction is way worse than drug addiction because I’ve seen plenty of people beat drug addiction. I have never known someone to give up motocross addictiom
sickboy3636
1/7/2018 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 1:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Post a reply to: The addiction to this sport really is sick..

The Latest