The best inexpensive action cam.

1/17/2018 12:36pm
I'm taking a trip in the near future and I'd like to record some footage of the tracks I will be riding on the trip. Since I'll probably never use the camera after I get back from the trip, I don't want to shell out big bucks for it. What camera do you recommend that will get decent footage and not cost a ton of money?
|
1/17/2018 12:54pm
A lot of those cheap Amazon cameras seem to be really good for the price... Pick a price point and get the one with the best reviews.
I have the original Hero HD that I'll be replacing with a cheap Amazon camera.
Donovan759
1/17/2018 12:56pm
Go Pro Hero 5 Session is a decent camera at a fraction of the cost of their regular cameras. I would highly recommend going that route. Anything cheaper and you might just be wasting your money. It would be a shame to get something super cheap and it break halfway through your trip.

You can re-sell it after your trip and maybe only be out $50.00.
calcoast
1/17/2018 1:31pm
Look up a camera your interested in then watch YouTube videos filmed with that camera.

I personally would go with GoPro. Those cheaper action cams never seem to have a crisp picture at least compared to a GoPro.
hyler199
1/17/2018 1:36pm
I dont know how you guys do it but here in Toronto there is a site called Kijiji...i guess like craigslist but without the rape.

3 years ago i bought a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition with allllll the accessories, extra SD cards, extra batteries, extra cases, bluetooth this and that, and a carry bag for $300 CAD used.

I did take my time and went thru a lot of ads to pick one I felt was kept in best condition.

At the time I valued the bag i picked up at $700 worth of GoPro swag and I paid $300.

To this day im still using it and its working great. Id rather go with GoPro than cheap out on some random camera thats only a little bit cheaper

The Shop

1/17/2018 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 1:42pm
Check eBay. Always good deals on GoPros...I know during outdoors they used the Garmin cam but not sure the price on that
ajk423
1/17/2018 2:18pm
I have an "akaso ek7000" i got off amazon for around 60 last year. I did the same thing everyone was saying and watched YouTube videos first then just picked price point and took a chance. It works awesome. You can sync it with your phone, super simple to use, and I haven't any problems yet. Just my 2 cents.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
1/17/2018 2:25pm
hyler199 wrote:
I dont know how you guys do it but here in Toronto there is a site called Kijiji...i guess like craigslist but without the rape. 3...
I dont know how you guys do it but here in Toronto there is a site called Kijiji...i guess like craigslist but without the rape.

3 years ago i bought a GoPro Hero 3 Black edition with allllll the accessories, extra SD cards, extra batteries, extra cases, bluetooth this and that, and a carry bag for $300 CAD used.

I did take my time and went thru a lot of ads to pick one I felt was kept in best condition.

At the time I valued the bag i picked up at $700 worth of GoPro swag and I paid $300.

To this day im still using it and its working great. Id rather go with GoPro than cheap out on some random camera thats only a little bit cheaper
Craigslist in the US is basically Kijiji in Canada. Craigslist up here doesn't get much traction from my experience. Both sites are to sell used/new items.
hyler199
1/17/2018 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2018 3:08pm
hyler199 wrote:
I dont know how you guys do it but here in Toronto there is a site called Kijiji...i guess like craigslist but without the rape. 3...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
Craigslist in the US is basically Kijiji in Canada. Craigslist up here doesn't get much traction from my experience. Both sites are to sell used/new items.
yeah i never use craigslist. Ive probably used kijiji over 100 times easy. I post almost anything worth over $50 for sale if/or when I dont need it.
Just in the past 2 weeks I bought a 1 year xbox live for $40($70 retail) the other day and he drove to my house. Bought a bnib 50,000 BTU kerosene forced air heater for $100 ($225ish retail) met 20 min away

haha i def use it alot more than the avg joe but Im a big fan of saving money where I can. Allows me to buy more shit (that im hopefully saving money on too hahah) not everything is available when you want it but if you search a few times a week you wont miss things posted. I bought someones OEM 21/18inch KTM wheelset because he was going supermoto. The tires still had the hairs for $500 CAD just because every few days ill search keywords that im interested in and see what news been posted.

Post a reply to: The best inexpensive action cam.

The Latest