The first time you fell for a troll post.

Post your greatest memories.

The first time for me was some old riding gear I posted on C/L. Must have answered 100 questions related to the "fit" of this youth gear before I realized I was being trolled. It was actually quite humorous later as I thought about it.
|
Indymxer
10/19/2017 6:19am
First time? Right here, right now.
Donovan759
10/19/2017 6:23am
Yeah... I was wondering if anyone was going to touch this one or if it was just gonna die slowly.
DYE
10/19/2017 7:02am
If we're talking about CL posts then I haven't really fallen for one, but I got my buddy good once. He was kind of a casual rider on and off and didn't know a ton about the sport. I borrowed a coworkers phone and started texting him about a bike he had for sale. Kind of serious/silly questions at first just to waste his time. Then really started with the color of the power band ect. Which finally led to me telling him about my plan to be like one of them dare devils you see on the tv...I stopped by his house on my way home from work and listened to him rant about this dumb ass that was texting him today before I finally revealed it was me Grinning I could tell it took him a min to decide if he was pissed or if it was a good prank lol

The Shop

Fearo
10/19/2017 7:20am
I've likely never fallen for one, because the sheer stupidity I see everywhere daily, tricks my brain into believing a lot of people have to be trolling because they can't actually be that stupid.

A great troll was when FC Honda photoshopped Jeremy Martin's face in a photoshoot, despite him being actually there at the shoot, which made it extra weird.

I also remember this hugely elaborate troll thread about some guy asking about powerbands, it was on one of the old forums, Mototalk or Thumpertalk or whatever. It was basically 20 pages of people giving all kinds of advice on purple, camouflage, green powerbands. It was hilarious because a huge amount of people joined in, and every once in a while some clueless member just wrote something like "what the hell are you guys talking about???"
jmx411
10/19/2017 7:25am
How do you troll a troll?
JeepnMike
10/19/2017 7:28am
jmx411 wrote:
How do you troll a troll?
You drive them bat-shit crazy with kindness and odd compliments.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
10/19/2017 8:27am
There was a Justin Bieber concert coming to Toronto, so we put up a Kijiji ad for free tickets and my buddy's phone number. He didn't think it was as funny as we did.
scooter5002
10/19/2017 8:33am
^ I do believe that makes up for all your quad posts. Golf clap.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/19/2017 8:52am
bh84 wrote:
There was a Justin Bieber concert coming to Toronto, so we put up a Kijiji ad for free tickets and my buddy's phone number. He didn't...
There was a Justin Bieber concert coming to Toronto, so we put up a Kijiji ad for free tickets and my buddy's phone number. He didn't think it was as funny as we did.
He should of went all Party Marty on the situation. Would of said there's a catch for the free tickets.

#SendNoods lol.

Has he gotten you back yet? New phone number? Might want to search for your number in those seeking male companionship ads lol. That's what I would of done. I would of posted an ad with your number saying send #dong shots lol. Payback is always a bitch. If he hasn't gotten you back yet keep the one I just mentioned in your back pocket.
jmx411
10/19/2017 10:00am
bh84 wrote:
There was a Justin Bieber concert coming to Toronto, so we put up a Kijiji ad for free tickets and my buddy's phone number. He didn't...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He should of went all Party Marty on the situation. Would of said there's a catch for the free tickets. #SendNoods lol. Has he gotten you...
He should of went all Party Marty on the situation. Would of said there's a catch for the free tickets.

#SendNoods lol.

Has he gotten you back yet? New phone number? Might want to search for your number in those seeking male companionship ads lol. That's what I would of done. I would of posted an ad with your number saying send #dong shots lol. Payback is always a bitch. If he hasn't gotten you back yet keep the one I just mentioned in your back pocket.
Sounds like a good way to go to jail for a few years.
endo
10/19/2017 10:18am
bh84 wrote:
I signed my sister up for the Justin Beiber fan club.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/19/2017 10:28am
bh84 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He should of went all Party Marty on the situation. Would of said there's a catch for the free tickets. #SendNoods lol. Has he gotten you...

#SendNoods lol.

jmx411 wrote:
Sounds like a good way to go to jail for a few years.
Ask for pics, receive pics. Claim you lost your phone/got stolen, change your number and you're pretty much in the clear. Either way you have to change your number.

If your phone number was plastered all over different websites and you were constantly receiving weird calls/texts from random people would you continue using it? Don't think so. You would change your number.

As far as posting someone's number on the internet without their consent you don't think that's a crime? It's clearly not right but it's easy to do. Register a fake email address, post an ad online and you're done.

And as far as asking for pics in exchange for free tickets if the person can't see that it's obviously a scam they're an idiot. I suppose some people do believe everything they read but that's not my problem.

There's a lot worse things you could do.
Flip109
10/19/2017 10:56am
Duno bout the first time. But the last time was by JS saying he was coming back to race lolHuh
DoctorJD
10/19/2017 12:15pm
"TYLER's Mom" was a classic. Some people bought that sh*t hook, line, and sinker.
Jrewing
10/19/2017 12:44pm
DoctorJD wrote:
"TYLER's Mom" was a classic. Some people bought that sh*t hook, line, and sinker.
What TYLERS NOT REAL???

HenryA
10/19/2017 12:54pm
Hjacks...........
a22
10/19/2017 1:03pm
Much TY... I intend to be a fine 'Champion of the Dirt' like Ricky Carmichigan was!
10/19/2017 2:39pm
I remember about a year ago a JS7 thread that was started and got allot of attention... It had stemmed from a bet in the vital fantasy football thread in non moto and that was pure gold
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
10/19/2017 4:06pm
The whole Tyler deal has been going on for a long time, I kind of expect it anytime Susuki or Texas are mentioned...

Also, wasn't there once a troll in the game room saying that he was working to the perfect MX video game that included every suggestion that everyone ever wanted all into one game? Turned out to be bullshit.
RangerLee
10/19/2017 5:55pm
Post your greatest memories. The first time for me was some old riding gear I posted on C/L. Must have answered 100 questions related to the...
Post your greatest memories.

The first time for me was some old riding gear I posted on C/L. Must have answered 100 questions related to the "fit" of this youth gear before I realized I was being trolled. It was actually quite humorous later as I thought about it.
What brand of riding gear was it?

Post a reply to: The first time you fell for a troll post.

The Latest