There's nothing prestigious about motocross

rehan53
8/21/2018 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/25/2018 9:52pm
Even the MXoN. These are young, uneducated kids in cool looking pajamas racing dirt bikes and regularly hurting themselves worse than people in life-altering car accidents. No one out there who is in any way "prestigious" themselves thinks this is anything besides a redneck hobby. Focus on fun.
|
BR8ES
8/21/2018 3:27pm
What?
Solidkm
8/21/2018 3:31pm
rehan53 wrote:
Even the MXoN. These are young, uneducated kids in cool looking pajamas racing dirt bikes and regularly hurting themselves worse than people in life-altering car accidents...
Even the MXoN. These are young, uneducated kids in cool looking pajamas racing dirt bikes and regularly hurting themselves worse than people in life-altering car accidents. No one out there who is in any way "prestigious" themselves thinks this is anything besides a redneck hobby. Focus on fun.
I remember my first dance with PCP.

what do you consider prestigious? I don’t consider motocross/supercross redneck at all. More like the opposite.
newmann
8/21/2018 3:33pm
Prestigious to who? I'm easily impressed with most all things moto. There's a lot of "prestigious" shit out there that I won't even bat an eye over.
rehan53
8/21/2018 3:34pm
This is the word I see used over and over to describe the MXoN and why it shouldn't be muddled with.

The Shop

aeffertz
8/21/2018 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 3:41pm
prestigious
/preˈstējəs,preˈstijəs/
adjective

inspiring respect and admiration; having high status.

You can't see how that is a fitting term for the MXoN? The event gathers the best motocross racers from around the entire world to compete head to head once a year. How is that not a big deal? The MXoN is absolutely a prestigious motocross race. Read a damn book.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/21/2018 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2018 3:42pm
If you don't like dirt bikes and all things associated with them, WTF are you doing on here, a forum dedicated to everything dirt bikes?

Might be time for you to GTFO.
M-M
8/21/2018 3:44pm

Titan1
8/21/2018 3:45pm
Prestige is individually biased...some people think winning Wimbledon is prestigious...I couldn't care less about that, so its not prestigious to me. Some people couldn't care less about motocross, I happen to care a lot about it so its prestigious to me.

It's prestigious to the people that care, and the people that care are the only people that matter.

Tennis shouldn't base the value of their top championship on my opinion of it...and we shouldn't base the value of the MXdN on someone-who doesn't care about it-opinion of it.
TXDirt
8/21/2018 3:47pm
rehan53 wrote:
Even the MXoN. These are young, uneducated kids in cool looking pajamas racing dirt bikes and regularly hurting themselves worse than people in life-altering car accidents...
Jimmy is that you?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
8/21/2018 3:53pm
Titan1 wrote:
Prestige is individually biased...some people think winning Wimbledon is prestigious...I couldn't care less about that, so its not prestigious to me. Some people couldn't care less...
Prestige is individually biased...some people think winning Wimbledon is prestigious...I couldn't care less about that, so its not prestigious to me. Some people couldn't care less about motocross, I happen to care a lot about it so its prestigious to me.

It's prestigious to the people that care, and the people that care are the only people that matter.

Tennis shouldn't base the value of their top championship on my opinion of it...and we shouldn't base the value of the MXdN on someone-who doesn't care about it-opinion of it.
I couldn't care less about tennis but even I know Wimbledon is a big deal and is a prestigious event. Same thing goes for The Masters in golf.

Same thing applies to the summer and winter Olympics. You don't need to like the sport/event to know something is prestigious.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging it.

Don't like it, don't watch it. Simple really.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
8/21/2018 3:56pm
Every sport has its sharp pointy end. F1. MotoGP. NASCAR. Indycar.

For us, this is as close as we get to the Olympics, and it comes with the riders representing their countries and sporting the national colors. That alone makes it prestigious. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you.
8/21/2018 3:57pm
I’d imagine most MXers that have won MXDN would say it’s a highlight of their career. Representing your country on the biggest platform and biggest race of the year? Sounds kinda like a big deal to me.
TXDirt
8/21/2018 4:04pm
OP just pissed he waited to long and can't get his VIP tickets to MXDN even though his buddies are going. Stamp it.
jeffro503
8/21/2018 4:06pm
rehan53 wrote:
Go eat a huge bag of dick's , you clueless clown. This sport aint for people like you. Start collecting Barbie dolls and do some knitting little kittie pillow cover's.
jeffro503
8/21/2018 4:08pm
GuyB wrote:
Every sport has its sharp pointy end. F1. MotoGP. NASCAR. Indycar. For us, this is as close as we get to the Olympics, and it comes...
Every sport has its sharp pointy end. F1. MotoGP. NASCAR. Indycar.

For us, this is as close as we get to the Olympics, and it comes with the riders representing their countries and sporting the national colors. That alone makes it prestigious. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you.
Hell yes Steve !
Rupert X
8/21/2018 4:10pm
Somebody tell these luminaries...
jeffro503
8/21/2018 4:14pm
rehan53 wrote:
Your post makes me think people like you , look like this........

plowboy
8/21/2018 4:20pm
Rupert X wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/21/281958/s1200_E54DFD1F_C4F2_4561_8F06_F5BCBE328266.jpg[/img]

I can see in the pic that Roger could care less about the NationsSilly The boys seem fairly non-chalant as well.
Lucifa.
8/21/2018 4:21pm
rehan53 wrote:
So you have hurt feeling because your hero Ronnie Mac has been cut eh?
deluxeman
8/21/2018 4:23pm
rehan53 wrote:
Wow, just wow. Haven't lived much have you?
dimetime
8/21/2018 4:32pm
rehan53 wrote:
Jesus H Christ what a twat you are. First you don't even understand the word you're using and then to top it off you make a strawman and then try to knock it down and even then you fail. The pinicle of any fucking sport is prestigious jack off.

So are the big four sports-football, baseball, basketball or hockey prestigious? Because they all fit your basic description. They wear silly uniforms and run around like kids chasing balls and pucks. They get hurt playing childrens games, some severely and permanently. Is the Superbowl prestigious? The World Series? Stanley Cup? The NBA finals?

How does a person get so fucking dumb in just one lifetime?
Spudnut
8/21/2018 4:34pm
Go knit with your mommy
rehan53
8/21/2018 4:37pm
dimetime wrote:
Jesus H Christ what a twat you are. First you don't even understand the word you're using and then to top it off you make a...
Jesus H Christ what a twat you are. First you don't even understand the word you're using and then to top it off you make a strawman and then try to knock it down and even then you fail. The pinicle of any fucking sport is prestigious jack off.

So are the big four sports-football, baseball, basketball or hockey prestigious? Because they all fit your basic description. They wear silly uniforms and run around like kids chasing balls and pucks. They get hurt playing childrens games, some severely and permanently. Is the Superbowl prestigious? The World Series? Stanley Cup? The NBA finals?

How does a person get so fucking dumb in just one lifetime?
Pinnacle.
rehan53
8/21/2018 4:38pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Go eat a huge bag of dick's , you clueless clown. This sport aint for people like you. Start collecting Barbie dolls and do some knitting...
Go eat a huge bag of dick's , you clueless clown. This sport aint for people like you. Start collecting Barbie dolls and do some knitting little kittie pillow cover's.
Thank you for your demonstration.
jeffro503
8/21/2018 4:45pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Go eat a huge bag of dick's , you clueless clown. This sport aint for people like you. Start collecting Barbie dolls and do some knitting...
rehan53 wrote:
Thank you for your demonstration.
First off......your stupid bait thread sucks balls.

Second.....pretty sure this aint your first account slick.

Third......If this is truly the way you feel , then what the holy fuck are you even doing here?

You're just some anon asshole , acting like an idiot to stir shit. You never really see long time board member's post this shit , because most of us actually love the sport and meet / ride / hang out with a bunch of other's from here. It's always the stupid anon prick's with the stupid bait threads. Go fuck yourself.
rehan53
8/21/2018 4:45pm
Everybody else: I love motocross. I just don’t think it should be made out to be more than it is. And yes I feel that way about stick and ball sports. The people I admire most in those sports are the ones who use their celebrity for a greater good.
peelout
8/21/2018 4:47pm
rehan53 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Your post makes me think people like you , look like this........ [img]https://pics.ballmemes.com/iam-soo-glad-i-dont-have-to-actually-hunt-i-8056553.png[/img]
Your post makes me think people like you , look like this........

that guy bought all the colorways of Fasthouse gear
Crush
8/21/2018 4:52pm
I mean, why are you even here?

Post a reply to: There's nothing prestigious about motocross

The Latest