They should allow Alex Martin to Race the East Coast

may104
I have no idea what the exact ruling is for this by the AMA but they should allow racers to enter into the other coast series if they did not actually complete one main event on the coast they were initially entered in. Can anyone chime in on this?
|
Bronson905
Fantasy
536th
1/31/2018 12:59pm
I believe after you hit that first gate drop in the heat race, there is no chance of turning back and racing the other coast, no matter how bad of a night you have. Someone correct me if I am wrong!
1/31/2018 1:05pm
Bronson905 wrote:
I believe after you hit that first gate drop in the heat race, there is no chance of turning back and racing the other coast, no...
I believe after you hit that first gate drop in the heat race, there is no chance of turning back and racing the other coast, no matter how bad of a night you have. Someone correct me if I am wrong!
I believe even if you set a time in a practice session you can't race the other coast. I think when Wil Hahn got hurt in practice at A1 in 2011 they kind of explored him racing east if he was healthy but obviously couldn't.
Alex814
1/31/2018 1:47pm
No, they shouldn't. Enough of this changing rules to accommodate certain riders bullshit.

The Shop

tek14
1/31/2018 2:04pm
Why they just wont race one series like big bikes.. one champion per year.
RandyS
1/31/2018 3:05pm
You used to be able to if you weren't in the top 20 I believe.
RandyS
1/31/2018 3:10pm
tek14 wrote:
I think they should have one series for a national 250 champion. Within that series have a West, Mid, and East regional title. You can race just your region or all of them but you pick your region before A1.
SEE ARE125
1/31/2018 3:20pm
tek14 wrote:
RandyS wrote:
I think they should have one series for a national 250 champion. Within that series have a West, Mid, and East regional title. You can race...
I think they should have one series for a national 250 champion. Within that series have a West, Mid, and East regional title. You can race just your region or all of them but you pick your region before A1.
I like this idea.
Johnny Depp
1/31/2018 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2018 3:25pm
The whole idea of a 250 class is a crock. If you look at the 1st few races you will see that the top 20 lap times overall always include about 1/3 250's vs. 450's. That is just with one coast competing. But let's make sure everyone gets a trophy and a championship in this sport that is a money pit.

As long as we keep buying the snake oil they are selling we deserve what we get. There is no significant separation of the classes other than in your mind.
hamncheeze
1/31/2018 3:25pm
may104 wrote:
I have no idea what the exact ruling is for this by the AMA but they should allow racers to enter into the other coast series...
I have no idea what the exact ruling is for this by the AMA but they should allow racers to enter into the other coast series if they did not actually complete one main event on the coast they were initially entered in. Can anyone chime in on this?
Is this Producer Joe?
hamncheeze
1/31/2018 3:29pm
The whole idea of a 250 class is a crock. If you look at the 1st few races you will see that the top 20 lap...
The whole idea of a 250 class is a crock. If you look at the 1st few races you will see that the top 20 lap times overall always include about 1/3 250's vs. 450's. That is just with one coast competing. But let's make sure everyone gets a trophy and a championship in this sport that is a money pit.

As long as we keep buying the snake oil they are selling we deserve what we get. There is no significant separation of the classes other than in your mind.
Tell Cooper Webb there is no significant separation of the classes.

As for combining it into one national 250 class: if the coasts are combined you will see all the teams of 4-5 riders reduced to 2-3 riders. And the lower tier 250 rides will be even more coveted and then there will be more guys with zero support. And then they'll stop going to races and the 250 class night show will just be the 38 guys who showed up. Because I can guarantee that if the class was combined there would not be an increase in prize money.
1/31/2018 3:50pm
Alex814 wrote:
No, they shouldn't. Enough of this changing rules to accommodate certain riders bullshit.
Completely agree. That's the coast he signed up for. Too bad if you get hurt. That's the way it goes.
1/31/2018 3:52pm
The whole idea of a 250 class is a crock. If you look at the 1st few races you will see that the top 20 lap...

Fine with me. I enjoy watching the racing on both bikes. Cutting half the racing out and only having 450s sounds like it would suck for us, but it's your fantasy for some reason.
mark_swart
1/31/2018 3:53pm
I like having two coasts. I don't want to watch the exact same thing 17 weeks in a row. East / West brings a little extra to it as a viewer I think.
Wandell
1/31/2018 4:26pm
I have no problem with a rider switching coasts if he's injured early. Only problem in this case is Alex races for a West Coast only team.
So, should this be a definite no? If you agree that it should be allowed, what should the rules on it be?
1/31/2018 4:37pm
Wandell wrote:
I have no problem with a rider switching coasts if he's injured early. Only problem in this case is Alex races for a West Coast only...
I have no problem with a rider switching coasts if he's injured early. Only problem in this case is Alex races for a West Coast only team.
So, should this be a definite no? If you agree that it should be allowed, what should the rules on it be?
TLD has done the east coast the past 2 or 3 seasons. Jordon Smith nearly won the east title a year ago.
akillerwombat
1/31/2018 4:39pm
Alex814 wrote:
Completely agree. That's the coast he signed up for. Too bad if you get hurt. That's the way it goes.
Should jump up to a 450 for a few races – see how he does.
kkawboy14
1/31/2018 4:40pm
They should be able to do anything they want to do
RedDirtDog
1/31/2018 5:23pm
Wandell wrote:
I have no problem with a rider switching coasts if he's injured early. Only problem in this case is Alex races for a West Coast only...
lol TLD is the factory KTM 250 team, i think TLD was west only way back when they were on honda tho.

what happen to AMart anyway?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
1/31/2018 5:33pm
Wandell wrote:
RedDirtDog wrote:
lol TLD is the factory KTM 250 team, i think TLD was west only way back when they were on honda tho. what happen to AMart...
lol TLD is the factory KTM 250 team, i think TLD was west only way back when they were on honda tho.

what happen to AMart anyway?
Collarbone.
MXTR
1/31/2018 6:15pm
In his first pro SX at the LA Colosseum pretty sure Ricky Carmichael raced all the way up to the heat race where he led some laps but pulled off before the finish. Thus being eligible to still race in the east.
Alex814
1/31/2018 6:22pm
Alex814 wrote:
Should jump up to a 450 for a few races – see how he does.
For sure! I'm a fan everytime this happens, there is no better way to truly prepare yourself to move up and/or get better.
jeffro503
1/31/2018 6:28pm
MXTR wrote:
In his first pro SX at the LA Colosseum pretty sure Ricky Carmichael raced all the way up to the heat race where he led some...
In his first pro SX at the LA Colosseum pretty sure Ricky Carmichael raced all the way up to the heat race where he led some laps but pulled off before the finish. Thus being eligible to still race in the east.
What was the reasoning behind that? I remotely remember that when it happened , but don't remember why he did it? At least I think I remember that.
MXTR
1/31/2018 6:33pm
MXTR wrote:
In his first pro SX at the LA Colosseum pretty sure Ricky Carmichael raced all the way up to the heat race where he led some...
jeffro503 wrote:
What was the reasoning behind that? I remotely remember that when it happened , but don't remember why he did it? At least I think I...
What was the reasoning behind that? I remotely remember that when it happened , but don't remember why he did it? At least I think I remember that.
Was pretty sure it was just to get a gate drop and some seat time on a SX track. Next day he was out at Perris for the GFI winter series.
TXDirt
1/31/2018 7:46pm
If you combined East/West you are literally going to cut out half the talent the teams field. This is a big reason why I’m against it.

I’m all for having a few combined races but fully against merging East and West series. Many riders will not have a ride.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
1/31/2018 8:02pm
MXTR wrote:
the rules were different for a 1 or 2 years, where you could ride the opposite coast for no points, and I think all the pro circuit guys did it,
shortcourse
1/31/2018 8:06pm
TXDirt wrote:
If you combined East/West you are literally going to cut out half the talent the teams field. This is a big reason why I’m against it...
If you combined East/West you are literally going to cut out half the talent the teams field. This is a big reason why I’m against it.

I’m all for having a few combined races but fully against merging East and West series. Many riders will not have a ride.
Having a few combined races would be good. If they would do seven rounds on each coast, the last three rounds have the top ten or fifteen from each coast going at it with two mains per night that way there would be a east/west champ and a overall champ.
Johnny Depp
1/31/2018 9:13pm

Fine with me. I enjoy watching the racing on both bikes. Cutting half the racing out and only having 450s sounds like it would suck for...
Fine with me. I enjoy watching the racing on both bikes. Cutting half the racing out and only having 450s sounds like it would suck for us, but it's your fantasy for some reason.
1 open class. The best against the best, a fantasy maybe to you if you never heard of the MXDN?
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
1/31/2018 9:15pm
The idea is that it's less expensive for privateers to race half the events in the series.
Make them race the entire season and some of them will call it quits.

I like it the way it is. This topic comes up almost every year. There are reasons for having the regions. I do like having 2 races per year that combine both coasts with one set of points to divy out.
mxjon454
1/31/2018 9:23pm
Alex814 wrote:
Well if they changed this rule, it would accommodate all the 250 riders who fall into this category whether factory or privateer. IMO if you crash out and get hurt at the first main event of the year you should be able to switch coasts. Limiting a rider to a couple of sx races for the year is pretty shitty cause he got hurt at round 1.

Post a reply to: They should allow Alex Martin to Race the East Coast

The Latest