Think Foam seat foam

rohleder644
9/19/2018 7:46pm
pete24 wrote:
when we used Tecnosel seat foams the same thing happened the foam would get wet from washing the bike and break down so i was told...
when we used Tecnosel seat foams the same thing happened the foam would get wet from washing the bike and break down so i was told to take the seat off and stand it on end overnight, which when you do that quite a bit of water comes out that was in the 90s and ive been doing it since and havnt had any seats fall apart
Same here. Always drain the seat after washing or take it off before washing. Digger's seat looks like it's been washed 1000 times and never dried...
Same here. Always drain the seat after washing or take it off before washing. Digger's seat looks like it's been washed 1000 times and never dried out.
Man, I don't know that I've ever seen "seat drying" as part of a routine maintenance plan. Im gonna have to add that to my repertoire. Thanks for the tip.
9/19/2018 8:04pm
the one bad part of multi piece covers is, Even when you just use a water hoes, water gets to the foam. I just put plastic wrap on the foam before putting the cover on. I'll check if it holds up in a few weeks.
9/20/2018 12:52am
I thought Think Tech foam was supposed to be closed cell foam, making more resistant to water. Poor Diggers foam isn’t closed cell any more. As my son would say “it got the rot”
VRR7
9/20/2018 5:00am

I was wondering when someone would make a seat that uses the designed used by ALL mtb seat today - IE Leaves room for the coccyx. Using the seat bones to sit . Water Proof !

The Shop

VRR7
9/20/2018 5:07am
\DR:
There is really no explanation of the channel down the middle from Acerbis. But I do know that the X-Seat is actually a very comfortable seat. Sure, it feels a little odd at first because of its square-ish profile, but after a long day in the saddle I began to appreciate the channel. With normal stock seats, after a couple of hours, the seat can feel like it’s trying to cut you in half with a lot of pressure on your tailbone. But the X-Seat’s two edges support your south side without going straight down the middle.

Holding the stock seat and the X-Seat in each hand, you can tell the X-Seat is a little bit heavier.

The main feature of the seat is there is no cover—the seat is all foam, yet it is waterproof.
KDXGarage
9/20/2018 7:19am
KDXGarage wrote:
The original poster is the exception to the rule. There are quite a few participating in the "call out culture" around here, most recently sumguy and...
The original poster is the exception to the rule. There are quite a few participating in the "call out culture" around here, most recently sumguy and Derek Harris.
Then again, when one puts "ISSUES??!!!!!" in the title...
liver
9/24/2018 11:49am
VRR7 wrote:
[img]https://www.ktm-parts.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2449745229_4.jpg[/img] I was wondering when someone would make a seat that uses the designed used by ALL mtb seat today - IE Leaves room for the...

I was wondering when someone would make a seat that uses the designed used by ALL mtb seat today - IE Leaves room for the coccyx. Using the seat bones to sit . Water Proof !
The slogan of “this is how mtb and road bikes are” is silly, you’re stationary as hell on a road or mtn bike, while being all over the place on a motorized bike. The concept of finding a simularity between them is silly, it’s marketed to folks who buy shiney new fishing lures every weekend
Jflori217
12/6/2018 7:36am
Bump...anyone know if there is a problem with Dan? I tried reaching out but the mailbox is full and no response to emails. Idk if there was a change to the contact info on the site. Thanks
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
12/6/2018 9:51am
Jflori217 wrote:
Bump...anyone know if there is a problem with Dan? I tried reaching out but the mailbox is full and no response to emails. Idk if there...
Bump...anyone know if there is a problem with Dan? I tried reaching out but the mailbox is full and no response to emails. Idk if there was a change to the contact info on the site. Thanks
I’ve tried calling there a couple of times. I left a message and never got a return call. I had a couple of questions and eventually chose a Guts Phantom seat instead.
Digger29
12/6/2018 5:13pm
Jflori217 wrote:
Bump...anyone know if there is a problem with Dan? I tried reaching out but the mailbox is full and no response to emails. Idk if there...
T-Fish wrote:
I’ve tried calling there a couple of times. I left a message and never got a return call. I had a couple of questions and eventually...
I’ve tried calling there a couple of times. I left a message and never got a return call. I had a couple of questions and eventually chose a Guts Phantom seat instead.
Yup, same here. I'm done with them. After buying probably 5 seat foams from Think and having zero issues and then having this last one basically just fall apart in roughly 10hrs. I tried calling them 2 time (couldn't leave a message) so I sent 2 emails and I never heard anything back and I got the same mailbox is full message too. I called on Tuesday and the voicemail was working so I left a very nice and detailed message hoping to hear back. As of today I still haven't heard back. I will NOT be using them again and will telling anyone who ask exactly what happened. We own very successful pet supply business here in our town and our business is all about customer service and if we ran our business the way they're running Think I can promise you that we'd be out of business. Unprofessional is a understatement here.
mxb2
12/6/2018 5:28pm
Jflori217 wrote:
T-Fish wrote:
I’ve tried calling there a couple of times. I left a message and never got a return call. I had a couple of questions and eventually...
Digger29 wrote:
Yup, same here. I'm done with them. After buying probably 5 seat foams from Think and having zero issues and then having this last one basically...
Yup, same here. I'm done with them. After buying probably 5 seat foams from Think and having zero issues and then having this last one basically just fall apart in roughly 10hrs. I tried calling them 2 time (couldn't leave a message) so I sent 2 emails and I never heard anything back and I got the same mailbox is full message too. I called on Tuesday and the voicemail was working so I left a very nice and detailed message hoping to hear back. As of today I still haven't heard back. I will NOT be using them again and will telling anyone who ask exactly what happened. We own very successful pet supply business here in our town and our business is all about customer service and if we ran our business the way they're running Think I can promise you that we'd be out of business. Unprofessional is a understatement here.
X2, customer service sucks. No excuses for not returning phone calls or emails.
sandman768
12/6/2018 5:29pm
Jflori217 wrote:
T-Fish wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
Yup, same here. I'm done with them. After buying probably 5 seat foams from Think and having zero issues and then having this last one basically...
Pet supplies ? Like dog food?
Jflori217
12/6/2018 5:30pm
Welp guess I can consider my money wasted..note to self..
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
12/6/2018 6:02pm
VRR7 wrote:
[img]https://www.ktm-parts.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/2449745229_4.jpg[/img] I was wondering when someone would make a seat that uses the designed used by ALL mtb seat today - IE Leaves room for the...

Boner Garage
Digger29
12/7/2018 6:37am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2018 6:41am
T-Fish wrote:
Digger29 wrote:
sandman768 wrote:
Pet supplies ? Like dog food? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/12/06/307993/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Pet supplies ? Like dog food?
Yup, we own PT Pet Supply and grooming in Webster, Ma. We carry all of the good brands of food and treats and none of the crap brands. We're in the process of re-doing our website so you can buy products online and I'm not even sure if it's done yet. My wife is very knowledgeable with all of the dog and cat breeds and she know the types of issues they tend to have and knows what foods and supplements that the owners should be using. Like I said earlier our business is very successful because of the customer service that my wife and our staff offer and if we ran our business the way that Think is running theirs we definitely would be out of business. I just checked and the website is still under construction but here's the link to our Facebook page. Please check out the store. https://www.facebook.com/ptpetsupply/
holeshot100
12/7/2018 7:21am
guts_racing_inc is their Instagram account.They post all kinds of bikes with all kinds of seat cover patterns(colors) to give you an idea for your machine.

My affiliation is my son has used their products for years with great success.
jwoltz
12/7/2018 10:01am
I would hit them up on Instagram as well.
Digger29
12/7/2018 1:00pm
guts_racing_inc is their Instagram account.They post all kinds of bikes with all kinds of seat cover patterns(colors) to give you an idea for your machine. My...
guts_racing_inc is their Instagram account.They post all kinds of bikes with all kinds of seat cover patterns(colors) to give you an idea for your machine.

My affiliation is my son has used their products for years with great success.
Lesson definitely learned and I'll be using them from this point forward.
Lightning78
12/7/2018 1:18pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I’ve been using Guts light-weight seat foam without any problems. So have these guys...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/19/288303/s1200_75438D8A_1819_4345_910C_AE95A2156A0A.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/19/288304/s1200_D6AD6BF0_442F_4EE9_889F_17EE5449118B.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/19/288305/s1200_3CC04CC2_0CE8_4B69_A2B2_CE7070ECA3A6.jpg[/img]
I’ve been using Guts light-weight seat foam without any problems. So have these guys...

and what relevance do these guys have to the general public bro?

Id be inclined to say they probably get a NEW seat waaaaaaaaaay before theyre even remotely close to breaking down

On a side note, and its a personal pet peeve.....but seeing as how almost nobody changes out that front piece of the YZ50f or YZ450 seat piece to match the rest of their seat (probably bec its tedious and a PITA) I hope Yamaha finds a way to update that seat setup
12/7/2018 1:25pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I’ve been using Guts light-weight seat foam without any problems. So have these guys...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/19/288303/s1200_75438D8A_1819_4345_910C_AE95A2156A0A.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/19/288304/s1200_D6AD6BF0_442F_4EE9_889F_17EE5449118B.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/19/288305/s1200_3CC04CC2_0CE8_4B69_A2B2_CE7070ECA3A6.jpg[/img]
I’ve been using Guts light-weight seat foam without any problems. So have these guys...

and what relevance do these guys have to the general public bro? Id be inclined to say they probably get a NEW seat waaaaaaaaaay before theyre...
and what relevance do these guys have to the general public bro?

Id be inclined to say they probably get a NEW seat waaaaaaaaaay before theyre even remotely close to breaking down

On a side note, and its a personal pet peeve.....but seeing as how almost nobody changes out that front piece of the YZ50f or YZ450 seat piece to match the rest of their seat (probably bec its tedious and a PITA) I hope Yamaha finds a way to update that seat setup
Yes it looks weird when the tank cover is another color. I personally have an all black seat cover so it already matches with the original tank cover. I know D'cor also provides a cover for the tank when you buy a seat cover from them but I believe most companies don't.

Post a reply to: Think Foam seat foam

The Latest