Thomas Covington in for MX2 GP

motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
Edited Date/Time 1/10/2014 12:05pm
From the MXGP of Qatar entry list:

64 Covington, Thomas USA Kawasaki Monster Energy Kawasaki Racing Team

He is entered for the first round. I thought he was riding for Mitch in the US. First I heard of this but yet again I wasn't following too close either. How do you think he will do?
|
kongols
1/9/2014 1:52pm
Zook11 saying he`s gonna crush those euros in three, two, one.....
1/9/2014 1:54pm
based upon his results last year at materly basin i think somewhere in between 10-15 depends if he has made alot of progress over the winter.

He whas solid top 5 in the European mx class last year in UK

although Materly basin is a track that leans closer to AMA tracks i do think he needs some time to get used to the gp tracks

If he gets aclimated fast enough and had a good off season he should be able too crack in the top 10
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
1/9/2014 1:59pm
kongols wrote:
I think not..
ayearinmx
1/9/2014 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2014 2:09pm
the first two GP's are in March, so he's probably using them as a warm-up for the ama nationals which start in May

Edit: just checked his twitter and he said he'll be riding the first four GPs.... good stuff

The Shop

1/9/2014 2:13pm
ayearinmx wrote:
the first two GP's are in March, so he's probably using them as a warm-up for the ama nationals which start in May Edit: just checked...
the first two GP's are in March, so he's probably using them as a warm-up for the ama nationals which start in May

Edit: just checked his twitter and he said he'll be riding the first four GPs.... good stuff
hes also racing at hawkstone international in 7 weeks- be interesting to see how he gets on! some big names racing
bobby397
1/9/2014 2:16pm
kongols wrote:
Won't happen, he has a hard time winning amateur nationals
DownSouth
1/9/2014 4:35pm
Will he be better or worse than Decotis? I have not been so impressed just yet with Bisceglia or Mcelrath's pro results and I do not recall Covington being a threat to those two at Loretta's last summer.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/9/2014 5:16pm
He's been working with Johnny O. It'll be interesting to see how he does.
jamma10
1/9/2014 5:25pm
He looked like a very tidy rider at Matterly Basin last year. Looking forward to seeing him at Hawkstone next month.
1/9/2014 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2014 9:17am
DownSouth wrote:
Will he be better or worse than Decotis? I have not been so impressed just yet with Bisceglia or Mcelrath's pro results and I do not...
Will he be better or worse than Decotis? I have not been so impressed just yet with Bisceglia or Mcelrath's pro results and I do not recall Covington being a threat to those two at Loretta's last summer.
He will be better than Decotis for sure and Mitch sees some serious talent in this kid. He is training hard right now and has a PC bike so I'm sure he will be better than ever and on a different level than ever before. He was easily one of the fastest at the Mini O's this year and I think the last couple years he was coming off injury and not that prepared. Covington will be fast and barring he stays healthy, has the talent to be a front runner.

Not impressed with Bisceglia or McElrath? They only did a few nationals last year and only Shane has raced a SX! At the end of the year next year if they haven't done anything, then maybe you can say that but look at Jason Anderson and how many years it took him to reach his potential!

High profile rookie's are expected to win their first race like Tomac these days! WTF happen to being top ten and that being a great year? Take Jeff Ward, Henry or McGrath's rookie years outdoors and look what they went on to accomplish! Let them get a year or two under their belts then decide if they lived up to their talent level / potential / expectations!

History proves that if rider's win motos at Loretta's, then they are talented enough to develop those results at the pro level with hard work and support.
1/10/2014 5:52am
jamma10 wrote:
He looked like a very tidy rider at Matterly Basin last year. Looking forward to seeing him at Hawkstone next month.
him and tyler villipoto both racing this event- be interesting to see how they get on against a very strong lineup! Gary Ford has excelled himself this year with the entries!!

Glad Im only racing in the support class and wont have to be on track with the likes of herlings/ searle!!! Be good to watch them though see how it should be done
1/10/2014 11:09am
At Matterly he rode out of the CLS kawasaki tent and stayed at Tommy Searle's house . Will he be doing the same now CLS have dropped pro circuit or is the monster connection getting him a bike?
1/10/2014 12:05pm
At Matterly he rode out of the CLS kawasaki tent and stayed at Tommy Searle's house . Will he be doing the same now CLS have...
At Matterly he rode out of the CLS kawasaki tent and stayed at Tommy Searle's house . Will he be doing the same now CLS have dropped pro circuit or is the monster connection getting him a bike?
His team in 2014 MXGP's will be KRT Kawasaki, not CLS.

KRT has now a deal with Monster and Pro Circuit.

Post a reply to: Thomas Covington in for MX2 GP

The Latest