Thoughts or prayers for Lumpy!

lumpy790
9/27/2017 11:01am
nc_mx_kid wrote:
wishing you all the best in your recovery, the lawsuit, and the days that follow. Your wife also for her amazing support
I did not know how bad I was in the beginning and everything she has done. She spent all the time I was in the hospital getting things arranged and her employer gave her almost a month off with pay but she took September off without pay so we used most of our savings paying bills but kep our heads above water.

I just read the dr's notes and my skull was a LOT worse than I knew because well I dont remember any of 1 1/2 weeks.

lumpy790
5/20/2018 9:46am
lumpy790 wrote:
Update Have spent 3 weeks in therapy going 2 times a week in hour long PT working on balance and muscle strength and speech working on...
Update

Have spent 3 weeks in therapy going 2 times a week in hour long PT working on balance and muscle strength and speech working on remembering some missing vocabulary and speaking. Most days are good but occasionally have days not feeling great especially the day after therapy day working hard but things have been improving.

Dr had to fill in a form for court with everything that was damaged and no wonder I lost 1 1/2 weeks of memory and I am very supprised it was not months in the hospital. Extensive bleeding noted inside brain and a bad front left lobe concussion from getting hit and fracturing skull on back top right.

Think this is Day 2 in ICU

I was just looking at the pictures yesterday and discovered in a few where my Honda Pilot is back aways and its still running with headlights on and the door is open where I got out to see how much damage he did hitting my back bumper showing the guy did hit me after backing up and flooring it to get away. By choice I am keeping his face mostly cut out till after the court date. I am hoping the car pictured is one of the witnesses as that is who I stopped behind at the stop light.

Tomorrow is 10 months from the TBI injury. I am extremely fortunate to have returned to maybe 80% and will never be 100% again. I can ride a street bicycle but not my dirt bikes.

Update
The guy that did this denied a 5 year reduced sentence on the 10 year charge in a plea bargain. He has 7 other pending charges in this county alone and 8 more pending charges in NC that we know about. My injury and another charge are strike 1 and 2 on 3 strikes and your out. I found out that he threw me off the hood of his car swerving into a neighborhood. The entrance was the only way in and out and witnesses said he almost hit me on the way out. He was videoed by a witness and I have yet to see the video and if he pleads out I will never see it.

A couple months ago My wife and I went to court about his having so many posted bails since the 1st several years ago when he assaulted his wife and child and the judge revoked his bail and sent him to jail till all charges come to court or he pleads guilty at a reduced sentence.

While its good its also bad because the court house & jail are less than a mile from my house. Yes the bird finger goes up daily when I drive by.

FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
5/20/2018 10:12am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2018 10:18am
Keep Healing up lumpy! We are thinking of you.
BobbyM
5/20/2018 11:14am
Did this accident happen in the USA?

hang in lumpy.

The Shop

wildbill
5/20/2018 11:34am
And you riding on the hood while shooting 100 + pictures shows just what a crazy mofo you are. Wink
Love you lumpy.
newmann
5/20/2018 11:41am
80% for someone who hangs out on Vital? Sounds like 100% to me! Smile

Keep kicking ass on the rehab trail and keep us posted on the pos who did this.
KMC440
5/20/2018 2:20pm
Life long crim's suck ass 20yrs sounds right to me.

You take care of yourself Lump.
lumpy790
5/20/2018 4:00pm
BobbyM wrote:
Did this accident happen in the USA?

hang in lumpy.
Happened coming home from putting a set of radiators and hoses on a riders bike for Loretta Lynns. Accident was in Rock Hill SC near the hospital. When they got back from Lorettas the Venditti family came to the hospital and visited.

Only been out of the USA a couple times on gambling boats and to Canada side of the Niagra Falls but want to hit a European MXoN some day

Thanks guys there still a few bad days but mostly good.
lumpy790
7/12/2018 12:25pm
Court date was posted inside in non Moto section a week ago.

I am not a writer but here goes....... I have only told a little of it purposely and with attorneys advise have not posted more till after it went to court. Don’t give evidence away to the defense . The accident was posted here on Vital last July 24th on the main page.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Thoughts-or-prayers-for-…

I have only witnessed a trial one time before when I was 11 and my brother had died street drag racing and his girlfriend that was driving (she shifted better) was charged and prosecuted with man slaughter.

We were asked if either my wife or I would care to speak prior to sentencing. I no longer possess the confidence to speak in something like this so my wife did it again like she had at the bail revoking hearing. She has experience leading business meetings at work and in the pet rescue that she is president of. My wife and I discussed everything that needed to be said and she went up with 3 pages of notes.

We were the 2nd case so we got to see how things went during the 1st one and I was glad to see it. The Judge was amazing. In opening the Judge referred multiple times on how by the defendant taking the plead deal that he was agreeing to bypass 2 constitutional rights and they also had to testify in several different ways and times that they understood and agreed to it.

In our case he came in wearing a orange York County SC inmate jumpsuit (sorry KTM) and remained in cuffs standing next to his PD in front of the Judge. The Judge did the same speech about the constitution rights and that he was agreeing not to use them. The Judge also made him agree to anything that could possibly take place in sentencing. He argued with his PD for roughly 5 minutes in front of the Judge and his (now) girlfriend not wife walked up like she could talk to him and she was not allowed by the officers but she still told him from 10 Feet away just agree to it. He finally did.

HMMMM yesterday when testifying the same PD stated he was single not married like He was 119 days ago when she painted a picture of how great he was before his bail was revoked.

The prosecutor started with the different charges. 1 he and his accomplice who had already pleaded guilty had made 25 fraudulent charges on a woman’s charge card. Him and his accomplice agreed to refund her all of the $ if she did not press charges. They never paid her a cent.

In another charge it was stated that a woman answered her phone while checking out at a grocery store and forgot to pick up her wallet. He made several different charges on video in about 3 hours then his mother called to woman and said her son had found her wallet and was going to return it.

Another was a fraudulent charge on someone else’s CC for over $10k at Lowes. The deal was 5 years

The last was about the accident. He was charged with hit and run and great bodily harm. The prosecutor stated he ran into the back of a vehicle at a red light and hit and run causing great bodily harm. She stated that the car was found by the police parked behind the house it was registered to. The plead deal was 5 years.

My wife was told before hand by a friend that the chances of her speaking would probably not affect the sentencing. We wanted him to hear from us what bad decisions had caused.

We were the only ones present and my wife was the last to go up. She spoke for 4-5 minutes and while speaking my wife was calm and had constant eye to eye contact with the Judge and a couple times after the guy freaked out while she was speaking and she stared Eye to eye with him. She told how for over a week that I did not know who she was. She had brought pictures of my family to the hospital and I did not know who any of them were. And yes I was crying hearing this.

She talked about how many times he had made bad choices with many people and how each person had been affected. She stated after a small fender bender that he made several bad choices. One by hit and run. One for not stopping after I was laying on the hood of his car. One for swerving back and forth and making 2 turns to throw me off the vehicle. For driving back past people aiding me in the street not knowing weather I was alive or dead while exiting the one way out neighborhood he turned into to get away from the scene. She stated how this has affected us and how my 1 man business had lost over 1/3 of the year and is struggling to keep going now and in the future. She pointed out that he had tried getting into the drug rehab program last minute before agreeing to take the plead deal on 7 of the 8 charges.

She finished off with no amount of time will ever repay for what he had caused but requested he serve active time.

The Judge was listening.

The Judge then asked him for his response. He was mad and claimed that the police were wrong and the car was not hidden behind the house. He then claimed that I had dove onto the front of his car and that he drove slowly. One of my 130 pictures of him shows us crossing over the double line passing 2 lanes of stopped traffic into oncoming traffic. It was not brought because he had plead guilty but there are 6 witnesses and 1 video from a couple that was behind him at the light and witnessed the accident and then shot a video with me on the hood. I still have not seen the video or met any of the witnesses.

The Judge was listening and taking notes.

After sentencing the guy asked the Judge if he could get out for 1 week to help his girlfriend and kid move. I suspect if he had been allowed out I would be dead by now.

My wife posted the outcome on facebook.

500guy
7/12/2018 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2018 12:40pm
Glad you are recovering and I'm also glad the put they SOB in jail, As far as I'm concerned it's to bad He's still alive.
mx317
7/12/2018 12:39pm
Sounds like he got some of what he deserved. I hope he gets some good "lovin" in jail!
dean122
7/12/2018 1:46pm
Damn, sorry to hear all this Lumpy, but glad you're alive and back on your feet. Not that it's worth much, but that lousy POS didn't get nearly enough time especially with all the other charges. So many others get more for much less, but thus a plea deal. The best we can hope for is a hard time in prison and nothing ever goes his way. With his lack of remorse at sentencing, there should be zero sympathy for him.
HuskyEd
7/12/2018 2:00pm
Glad there’s an end to this tragedy Steve. The sentence to this POS is still too light for the intent and damage he caused. I hope your on going recovery is going well
lumpy790
7/12/2018 3:41pm
You could say that I was quickly educated on laws in SC. If it had only been a hit & run with any amount of brain damage it would have only been a 30 day sentence. Great bodily harm came from loosing my hearing in my right ear from the skull fracture.

SC Auto insurance minimum is 25k / 25k and because he and his mother owned nothing our attorney negotiated the insurance to pay the whole 50k if we agreed not to sue them.... and that paid the life flight helicopter ride bill.
lumpy790
7/21/2019 8:00pm
Today makes 730 days / 2 years since the accident. As a celebration I went riding for the 1st time since the accident at Austin Roots house and it was more like 4 or 5 minutes till my arms turned into melted butter 😂

This Tuesday is the guys 1st parole hearing and my wife and I will be attending it in Columbia SC. hopefully he will not be getting out This quick especially since he has been screwing up in prison but time will tell.

I still do not remember exactly what happened and maybe it is best if I never do.
moscrop940
7/21/2019 8:30pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Today makes 730 days / 2 years since the accident. As a celebration I went riding for the 1st time since the accident at Austin Roots...
Today makes 730 days / 2 years since the accident. As a celebration I went riding for the 1st time since the accident at Austin Roots house and it was more like 4 or 5 minutes till my arms turned into melted butter 😂

This Tuesday is the guys 1st parole hearing and my wife and I will be attending it in Columbia SC. hopefully he will not be getting out This quick especially since he has been screwing up in prison but time will tell.

I still do not remember exactly what happened and maybe it is best if I never do.
Couldn’t be happier to hear that you are doing well Lumpy. Hell, after everything you’ve gone through, I’m just happy you’re still here!

Looking forward to seeing this thread get bumped every year!
captmoto
7/21/2019 11:25pm
Fucking assholes like that never get what they really deserve.
moto314
7/22/2019 5:11am
Wow! What a story, so glad your doing better!
lumpy790
7/22/2019 5:22am
Thank you guys!

While in the hospital my DR told me my business would go bankrupt and close. Want to motivate me? Tell me to give up what I have worked so hard for 😆 100% of the People who had placed orders were patient and waited till I was healthy enough to start shipping after several months. Re starting and catching up was not easy as I physically could not work over 4 hours with being exhausted. My brain DR prescriptions have gotten me back to where I am today and I will be on 2 drugs for the rest of my life.

His past record shows that he had been convicted of several alcohol and 1 pot drug charge.

This plead deal was on 7 charges. 2 other charges one assault against his girlfriend (claimed wife?) that had been dropped. The other charges were fraudulent credit card charges with someone else’s CC’s. One of the fraudulent CC charges was for over $10,000 and he got the same 7 year conviction for that charge. The rest were all 1 year convictions.

I am not the only hit and run with injuries. There is currently another hit and run leaving someone injured in Charlotte NC with another warrant out for his arrest. My guess is he will be arrested and prosecuted for that offense after he gets out.
tingo
7/22/2019 6:06am
Shoot him already. The guy obviously has no concern for anyone else.

Glad to hear you got back on the bike, Lumpy!
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
7/22/2019 6:12am
lumpy790 wrote:
Today makes 730 days / 2 years since the accident. As a celebration I went riding for the 1st time since the accident at Austin Roots...

Thumbs up man. Glad to read about things turning good for you. See ya in this thread again on 13th of july 2020 with a little less floppy hands.. Smile
Bramlett321
7/22/2019 6:29am
Brother I'm so glad you're doing good and that this shit head gets what he deserves. It's truly saddening that people like this get off so easily when there are so many good people in the world that don't deserve what happened to them like yourself. I pray this cat does not get out and by the sound of it prison isn't even helping so please don't let this idiot back into society. Keep on fighting the good fight as they say and I hope you continue to improve as well.
lumpy790
7/22/2019 9:12am
lumpy790 wrote:

Thumbs up man. Glad to read about things turning good for you. See ya in this thread again on 13th of july 2020 with a little...
Thumbs up man. Glad to read about things turning good for you. See ya in this thread again on 13th of july 2020 with a little less floppy hands.. Smile
My kind of floppy hand
PN27416
7/22/2019 2:00pm
Glad to read the good news Steve!
captmoto
7/22/2019 5:15pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Thank you guys! While in the hospital my DR told me my business would go bankrupt and close. Want to motivate me? Tell me to give...
Thank you guys!

While in the hospital my DR told me my business would go bankrupt and close. Want to motivate me? Tell me to give up what I have worked so hard for 😆 100% of the People who had placed orders were patient and waited till I was healthy enough to start shipping after several months. Re starting and catching up was not easy as I physically could not work over 4 hours with being exhausted. My brain DR prescriptions have gotten me back to where I am today and I will be on 2 drugs for the rest of my life.

His past record shows that he had been convicted of several alcohol and 1 pot drug charge.

This plead deal was on 7 charges. 2 other charges one assault against his girlfriend (claimed wife?) that had been dropped. The other charges were fraudulent credit card charges with someone else’s CC’s. One of the fraudulent CC charges was for over $10,000 and he got the same 7 year conviction for that charge. The rest were all 1 year convictions.

I am not the only hit and run with injuries. There is currently another hit and run leaving someone injured in Charlotte NC with another warrant out for his arrest. My guess is he will be arrested and prosecuted for that offense after he gets out.
Like I said, that fucker didn't get what he deserved and his record only reflects what he got caught at, not what he has done.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
7/22/2019 8:11pm
Lumpy glad to hear you are doing well and I hope that POS is being used as someone’s pin cushion
lumpy790
7/23/2019 2:15pm
Good news!

His parole was denied so next parole hearing will be in 1 year.

Did find out his end date will be in November 2020 so 2.5 years on a 7 year / 5 year serving sentence.

I rode (putted around) and was tired with butter arms in 2 laps. Did roughly 8 laps and was done. Wife (the Boss!) is putting together a short video of it.

HUGE Thank You! goes out to South Carolina’s Austin Root for letting me come spin some laps at his house!
500guy
7/23/2019 2:27pm
Glad you are doing good, Maybe for your own piece of mind just forget the asshole and move on.

neverwas
Fantasy
868th
7/23/2019 4:42pm
Glad he is still in jail and hope he doesn't get out soon or ever really. But most importantly is that your doing well,very happy for that!

Post a reply to: Thoughts or prayers for Lumpy!

The Latest