Tickle b sample positive

kb228
Edited Date/Time 5/16/2018 8:56pm
Thoughts?
|
Roostermx58
5/15/2018 9:48am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 9:50am
So now that his sample B is positive, does this mean he is released from his contract with KTM?

From Decosters interview -
David Izer "You said KTM has some very strict policies, so obviously this is very important to them. What is the word from Austria? What is the corporation saying? Obviously, that’s just a rider that works for them, but I’m sure this has gone across the pond, too."
"Yeah. They basically told me to be in support of Broc as long as there is doubt and that it was an accident, as long as there’s no real 100 percent proof. They want to make sure that there was no mistake in the testing. They want to the test a B sample. But I think if the B sample comes out the same, I’m going to be told that it’s over."
rmoto003
5/15/2018 9:49am
Hmmm.... Still trying to figure out how this classifies as blood doping......

Too many thinks and thouks runnin around in my brain compartments to figure this one out
HenryA
5/15/2018 9:51am
Sounds like he's pissed
ktmdan
5/15/2018 9:53am
Do you think KTM will put someone on the alleged bike of the alleged cheating rider who allegedly can no longer compete in the alleged outdoor series?

The Shop

gnarwhip
5/15/2018 9:53am
Can he go race the GPs or Canada, or this a worldwide FIM deal?
tek14
5/15/2018 9:59am
gnarwhip wrote:
He cant ride anything under FIM for next 2-4 years.
He used doping and now will be out least couple years so he´s Pro career is over. Nothing will
make this go away even he will continue to post IG that is never taken anything.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/15/2018 10:06am
gnarwhip wrote:
tek14 wrote:
He cant ride anything under FIM for next 2-4 years. He used doping and now will be out least couple years so he´s Pro career is...
He used doping and now will be out least couple years so he´s Pro career is over. Nothing will
make this go away even he will continue to post IG that is never taken anything.
You assume a lot. He hasn't been issued a penalty yet.
tingo
5/15/2018 10:07am
gnarwhip wrote:
I believe he can run the Canadian series, but not the GPs. I don't know Broc from a Tickle, but I believe him when he says that he hasn't intentionally done anything to cheat. Such a shitty situation, and I have no doubt that the process will continue to be as slow, secretive, and one-sided as it has allegedly already been for him.
tek14
5/15/2018 10:10am
gnarwhip wrote:
tek14 wrote:
He cant ride anything under FIM for next 2-4 years. He used doping and now will be out least couple years so he´s Pro career is...
GuyB wrote:
You assume a lot. He hasn't been issued a penalty yet.
Well that has been "penalty" in many other cases, yes he could get less than 2 years but they wont let him go without penalty.
MX-LIFE.
5/15/2018 10:16am
Ok what is Aldon saying about this,he is the KTM trainer isn't he?
mx_563
5/15/2018 10:18am
I'd be all over the Canadian series right now if i were Broc.

Here's a real opportunity for Canada to embrace any "alleged" violators and pump up their series. meanwhile "alleged" violators have a chance to continue racing and earning a living.

Sometimes what seems like a curse ends up being a blessing. Time to start making lemonade.
5/15/2018 10:21am
It sounds like Tick’s lawyer is setting things up for defamation. Which honestly, I’m very on board with.
Roostermx58
5/15/2018 10:22am
mx_563 wrote:
I'd be all over the Canadian series right now if i were Broc. Here's a real opportunity for Canada to embrace any "alleged" violators and pump...

Here's a real opportunity for Canada to embrace any "alleged" violators and pump up their series. meanwhile "alleged" violators have a chance to continue racing and earning a living.

Sometimes what seems like a curse ends up being a blessing. Time to start making lemonade.
He would have to find a team that would hire an alleged doper. I know the rules are less stringent there, but would you want someone on your team who has allegedly been doping to gain advantage?
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
5/15/2018 10:23am
mx_563 wrote:
I'd be all over the Canadian series right now if i were Broc. Here's a real opportunity for Canada to embrace any "alleged" violators and pump...

"hey roger, remember how Husky sent Pourcel north last year....?"
EMLMTH1
5/15/2018 10:28am
Canadian nationals=Sanctuary series
jsmi33966
5/15/2018 10:30am
Wada needs to be removed from the sport
5/15/2018 10:32am
EMLMTH1 wrote:
Canadian nationals=Sanctuary series
He can race in Canada it's not sanction under fim he can't race any sanction fim series
ttugrad1793
5/15/2018 10:34am
not much to add, but this REALLY sucks for him. To ingest something unknowingly (if you believe him, which I do) and then to have your entire career ruined over some miniscule chemical that you didn't even know that you took.....just sucks.

ANd yes, if they hit Stewart with 18 months (right?) over screwed up paperwork, they're going to smash Tickle when they have an A and B sample that are both dirty.
mx_563
5/15/2018 10:42am
mx_563 wrote:

He would have to find a team that would hire an alleged doper. I know the rules are less stringent there, but would you want someone...
He would have to find a team that would hire an alleged doper. I know the rules are less stringent there, but would you want someone on your team who has allegedly been doping to gain advantage?
The Alessi camp had far more controversy following them around yet they managed to get a ride in Canada. Milsaps got fired for a banned substance in his locker....but he still got hired in Canada.

But lets assume none of the big teams are willing to hire Broc....

If I had to choose between sitting on the couch and waiting for the legal process to *hopefully* bring redemption (thus letting my prime years slip through my fingers), or privateering it in Canada to maintain speed, racecraft and fitness while making a few modest Canadian dollars, I think I would roll the dice in Canada.

5/15/2018 10:50am
It sounds like Tick’s lawyer is setting things up for defamation. Which honestly, I’m very on board with.
I'm glad I am not the only one that picked up on that.

Don't want to let him race? Thats fine, hes got time for court now.

I don't know Brock at all but I 100% believe him.
tkimb
5/15/2018 10:54am
mx_563 wrote:
The Alessi camp had far more controversy following them around yet they managed to get a ride in Canada. Milsaps got fired for a banned substance...
The Alessi camp had far more controversy following them around yet they managed to get a ride in Canada. Milsaps got fired for a banned substance in his locker....but he still got hired in Canada.

If I had to choose between sitting on the couch and waiting for the legal process to *hopefully* bring redemption (thus letting my prime years slip through my fingers), or privateering it in Canada to maintain speed, racecraft and fitness while making a few modest Canadian dollars, I think I would roll the dice in Canada.

Agreed, someone like him to could easily be competitive on a rather stock bike in Canada too.
kb228
5/15/2018 10:54am
i guess im still confused what the "substance" even is???
Its a stimulant like caffiene or adhd medication
MelonFan123
5/15/2018 10:56am
- I like how his lawyer seems to be taking a cue from that Avenatti guy and using media to their advantage. Publicly naming the person overseeing their case and putting pressure on the FIM and WADA "to proceed in a professional manner".

- I understand Brocs frustration. There seems to be no sense of fairness or justice in this process. Just "hey you're guilty and you have to take our word for it"

- Reading that statement I felt bad for Broc, he seems like a stand up guy and has a good image in the sport. He's convincing in his denial. But I also think back to another "good guy" that was so convincing for years. Some guy named Lance. Tough to argue with science but I really hope Broc comes out OK somehow
wasummer46
5/15/2018 11:01am
mx_563 wrote:

He would have to find a team that would hire an alleged doper. I know the rules are less stringent there, but would you want someone...
Well....... I guess not knowing what was inside Davi's locker gave him a pass.
Went to Canada, won the Championship, everyone forgets.
Roostermx58
5/15/2018 11:04am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 11:21am
mx_563 wrote:
The Alessi camp had far more controversy following them around yet they managed to get a ride in Canada. Milsaps got fired for a banned substance...

tkimb wrote:
Agreed, someone like him to could easily be competitive on a rather stock bike in Canada too.
Wonder how much money he has saved up to go racing on his own dime, especially if KTM starts making him pay back all his earnings because of the suspension? I am sure its been tough on him not earning a paycheck from the last couple of supercross races.

I am not sure how many professional riders would by a stock buy and go and race it. Especially a caliber rider like Tickle will need suspension and likely motor work before feeling comfortable on the bike.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
5/15/2018 11:06am
I feel bad for the guy, but if I was getting paid multiply 6 figures I'd make sure I knew everything I was eating or drinking. Both tests are positive, what else needs to be said? How many times have the other riders been tested and noone came up positive like this. It's not like he's being set up, unfortunately it's in his system and it's against the rules, case closed.
DonM
5/15/2018 11:09am
mx_563 wrote:

tkimb wrote:
Wonder how much money he has saved up to go racing on his own dime, especially if KTM starts making him pay back all his earnings...
Wonder how much money he has saved up to go racing on his own dime, especially if KTM starts making him pay back all his earnings because of the suspension? I am sure its been tough on him not earning a paycheck from the last couple of supercross races.

I am not sure how many professional riders would by a stock buy and go and race it. Especially a caliber rider like Tickle will need suspension and likely motor work before feeling comfortable on the bike.
Conviction? When was he arrested...
kage173
5/15/2018 11:16am
Kind of weird how everyone gives the guy a pass. Just because he's nice and a really good person doesn't mean he wouldn't cheat. There's a lot of money on the line and he wasn't performing that well. There are a lot of compelling reasons to go for it. And he wouldn't be the first.

This is NOT a substance that accidentally shows up in food or nasal spray or whatever. You can't even buy it in most states and it's a well known performance enhancer. It's also well known that it leaves your system quickly so if they didn't test at that race, he would've been fine.

Is it possible that it was an accident? Sure. Is it likely or probable? No

That being said, I agree that the penalties are ridiculous and not appropriate for this sport and it sounds like WADA are ridiculous to deal with. It is these guys careers, they deserve transparency, communication, and timely actions.

Post a reply to: Tickle b sample positive

The Latest