Time for the Mxgp factory teams to put their heads together?

Jasper125
9/22/2017 9:26am Edited Date/Time 9/29/2017 4:51pm
With all the news of teams pulling out of mx2/mxgp i think its time to say fuck Luongo...
Lets start a championship where money doesn't buy you a spot on the gate or a Gp in you're country. Not flying left and right but have a calender where the flight plan is made to keep cost down for the teams.
Factory teams have all the power in their hands if they leave Mxgp is all done.
Gates are getting emptier and it will continue to get worse
|
9/23/2017 1:48am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 1:49am
Agree.
Before the riders earned 9000sek (900eur)
if they qualy. Now they have to pay 900eur just to start..

Luongo think that mxgp is F1
High cost and only 22 drivers

Luongo have bad luck then thinking
Acidreamer
9/23/2017 2:27am
Mxgp guys can always come race AMA. I bet theres a pay raise
Prejump
9/23/2017 3:35am
Acidreamer wrote:
Only if your prepared to risk your career in supercross.
9/23/2017 5:12am
Acidreamer wrote:
Prejump wrote:
Even if they suck, (by American standards.. them sucking would still destroy every member here on an SX track) they can still make money off purse. Unpopular opinion, but there are guys who make a living racing the LCQ's.

The Shop

loftyair
9/23/2017 7:51am
The big manufacturers should then also pull out of the feld circus, do it themselves.
Johnny Depp
9/23/2017 8:14am
loftyair wrote:
The big manufacturers should then also pull out of the feld circus, do it themselves.
As much as I'd like to see changes, it is BY FAR the most successful race organizer in terms of TV, Fans, and purses.
Prejump
9/23/2017 11:20am
Even if they suck, (by American standards.. them sucking would still destroy every member here on an SX track) they can still make money off purse...
Even if they suck, (by American standards.. them sucking would still destroy every member here on an SX track) they can still make money off purse. Unpopular opinion, but there are guys who make a living racing the LCQ's.
I was more alluding to the greater risk of catastrophic injury.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
9/23/2017 11:52am
Dirtdemon wrote:
Agree. Before the riders earned 9000sek (900eur) if they qualy. Now they have to pay 900eur just to start.. Luongo think that mxgp is F1 High...
Agree.

MXGP is the F1 of motocross when it comes to equipment.
9/23/2017 12:04pm
Dirtdemon wrote:
Agree. Before the riders earned 9000sek (900eur) if they qualy. Now they have to pay 900eur just to start.. Luongo think that mxgp is F1 High...
Agree.

F1 IS the pinnacle of car racing.

MXGP IS the pinnacle of dirt bike racing.

What's not to get...?
NorCal 50+
9/23/2017 12:07pm
The GP series seems to be more of a traveling motorcycle racing exhibition. No prize money is ridiculously stupid and greedy.
Sideways
9/23/2017 1:10pm
And remove races like qatar and indonesia/thailand. Zero spectators, shitty tracks and alot of headache for the team and (non factory) riders.

How the hell can you have a race in indonesia during rain season!?
early
Fantasy
2139th
9/23/2017 1:30pm
The GP series will be getting very boring in the next few years as talent and teams dry up. The Jeffrey Herlings world championship will not be good for revenue so teams and riders will look elsewhere.
9/23/2017 1:40pm
Dirtdemon wrote:
Agree.

What's not to get...?
Is MXGP actually the pinnacle though? Honestly seems like there are more people interested in SX.
skiz
9/23/2017 2:29pm
Dirtdemon wrote:
Agree.

What's not to get...?
Is MXGP actually the pinnacle though? Honestly seems like there are more people interested in SX.
MxGP is an FIM Championship.
Sx is an FIM Championship.
Comparing apples to oranges.... or more accurately, comparing Gala apples to Golden Delicious. Both are apples but very different varieties.

Does anybody really think that the Euros couldnt get up to speed in Sx if given the same amount of exposure.? What would they really need to learn.? Sx stadium track and open Mx track contain the same stuff. Its only the MIX thats different.

Theres occasionally a hairpin turn on an open mx track. Sx just has them at EVERY turn. Euros can practice pivoting their bikes "on a dime" to take the inside of a hairpin. Euros can practice driving up 3 quarters of the way into the turn and pivot on the outside berm. Theres usually still one berm on an Sx track where you can rail the outside berm and keep max corner speed but pivot with a flick is more important in Sx. Euros can learn that.

Theres occasionally doubles or triples that are back-to-back on an open mx track. Sx just has them at nearly EVERY longer straight and Sx has many back-to-back-to-back. Euros can practice the combined landing and launching.

Theres occasionally whoops that are close enough to skip across the tops on an open mx track. Sx just has them at multiple spots on the track. Euros can practice their whoop tapping technique.

These guys are talented enough. Its all about what you train and practice for.

Look at the difference in outdoor AMA compared to MxGP. MxGP usually fills their ruts with sand. In the US its more of a bare bones brutal rut VS rider battle. But a talented rider can learn either technique, given the time and practice exposure.
APLMAN99
9/23/2017 2:33pm
Dirtdemon wrote:
Agree.

GuyB wrote:
MXGP is the F1 of motocross when it comes to equipment.
Isn't the all-Japan more of the F1 for equipment?
9/23/2017 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 2:55pm
skiz wrote:
MxGP is an FIM Championship. Sx is an FIM Championship. Comparing apples to oranges.... or more accurately, comparing Gala apples to Golden Delicious. Both are apples...
MxGP is an FIM Championship.
Sx is an FIM Championship.
Comparing apples to oranges.... or more accurately, comparing Gala apples to Golden Delicious. Both are apples but very different varieties.

Does anybody really think that the Euros couldnt get up to speed in Sx if given the same amount of exposure.? What would they really need to learn.? Sx stadium track and open Mx track contain the same stuff. Its only the MIX thats different.

Theres occasionally a hairpin turn on an open mx track. Sx just has them at EVERY turn. Euros can practice pivoting their bikes "on a dime" to take the inside of a hairpin. Euros can practice driving up 3 quarters of the way into the turn and pivot on the outside berm. Theres usually still one berm on an Sx track where you can rail the outside berm and keep max corner speed but pivot with a flick is more important in Sx. Euros can learn that.

Theres occasionally doubles or triples that are back-to-back on an open mx track. Sx just has them at nearly EVERY longer straight and Sx has many back-to-back-to-back. Euros can practice the combined landing and launching.

Theres occasionally whoops that are close enough to skip across the tops on an open mx track. Sx just has them at multiple spots on the track. Euros can practice their whoop tapping technique.

These guys are talented enough. Its all about what you train and practice for.

Look at the difference in outdoor AMA compared to MxGP. MxGP usually fills their ruts with sand. In the US its more of a bare bones brutal rut VS rider battle. But a talented rider can learn either technique, given the time and practice exposure.
i think al the euro's coming over in all those years have proven they can adapt to US MX and SX tracks
Look at Ferrandis , he did pretty good in his rookie year.

like you said ..its all about what you train and practice for
vetmxr
9/23/2017 5:58pm
Dirtdemon wrote:
Agree.

What's not to get...?
MXGP is the pinnacle of dirt bike racing.

As an American Motocross rider and fan, I personally don't really subscribe to that notion.

I don't think I'm alone. Herlings racing and winning a one off race for him that has little meaning to him, and beating a bunch of guys here that are racing for points and positions in our own series that may or may not be interested in engaging him because they are racing at the end of their own series, has very little impact on me personally.

I love to watch talented rider ride, but in my opinion I have a lot of really fast guys over here to watch. If Herlings comes over....(and I wish he would).......I'll pay attention to him .
BobPA
9/23/2017 8:04pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Prejump wrote:
Even if they suck, (by American standards.. them sucking would still destroy every member here on an SX track) they can still make money off purse...
Who makes a living off of LCQ's? Not even possible bro
Prejump
9/24/2017 8:19am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 8:20am
vetmxr wrote:
MXGP is the pinnacle of dirt bike racing. As an American Motocross rider and fan, I personally don't really subscribe to that notion. I don't think...

As an American Motocross rider and fan, I personally don't really subscribe to that notion.

I don't think I'm alone. Herlings racing and winning a one off race for him that has little meaning to him, and beating a bunch of guys here that are racing for points and positions in our own series that may or may not be interested in engaging him because they are racing at the end of their own series, has very little impact on me personally.

I love to watch talented rider ride, but in my opinion I have a lot of really fast guys over here to watch. If Herlings comes over....(and I wish he would).......I'll pay attention to him .
It's not just about Herlings. MXGP is the pinnacle because it atracts talent from all over the world. Much more so then the US Nats.

MXGP takes you to more varied terrain.

Can you imagine a rider like Peick around Valkenswaard or Lommel ? It's a shame you dont give the MXGP riders the credit they deserve.
9/24/2017 8:23am
i think that Suzuki had to choose between the Moto GP team and the MXGP team.
skiz
9/29/2017 4:27pm
vetmxr wrote

What is being an "American" motocross rider and fan getting you.? Take control of your life and your hobbies and follow whatever you want to follow. Top level Mx is being raced in both the good old USA and in Europe. Watch the best because it's the best. As a comparison, top level road track racinbg only happens in the FIM series. I hope for MotoAmerica to bring back quality, but it's a work in progress and (even tho I still watch and attend MotoAmerica races) I don't tell anybody that I follow the degenerated version of the 1976 original AMA Superbike series.

PS
Can somebody please tell allow the food vendors at Pittsburgh to set-up where the fans are..... on top of the hill, cuz thats where we all are... up there watching the race.?

Herlings kicked their American a$$es, just like Grant and others have done in MxGP in previous years. Herlings kicked and that's that, no excuses.!!! Who is going to know the October Monster Energy Cup winner a year from now.? Americans need to stop chasing the $ and represent.!!! MxdN is the sh..it. Anderson responded last year (until he decided to celebrate early instead of jump the finish line like everybody else). Hats off to Anderson. He brought the goods. He and Barcia (in 2015) took the top spot and legitimized the AMA Sx&Mx series for the following year.

If the quality is in the US, then it's here, if it's not then.... contact Daytona bcuz they know how to pretend their way into a huge American yawn better than anybody else. I was there the year before the AMA pulled the plug on the Superbike series at Daytona and the exterior grandstand had aboutr 10 people...... instead of the half million that it was setup for.

I will pay attention to Herlings where ever he races bcuz.... he's fast as hell and wins. If he races MXGP, I will watch. If he races AMA, I will watch AND... I will probably attend a few races. If you want America only cheerleaders, don't look my way, I want to watch quality whereever I find it. But..... I will be secretly rooting for team USA at the MxdN this weekend.
9/29/2017 10:57pm
Supercross is NASCAR on dirt bikes. It's a manipulated freak show for a low-end audience, and it singlehandedly has done more to damage the image of motocross than any other development in the sport.

The Europeans invented motocross, and it's still the closest thing to the "F1 of motocross." Stadium racing is just an embarrassing travesty, same as oval-track racing.

steed 2.0
9/30/2017 12:00am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2017 12:11am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
The GP series seems to be more of a traveling motorcycle racing exhibition. No prize money is ridiculously stupid and greedy.
Old Racer X rhetoric Wink ... If you haven't received the messages by now, they are on speaking terms these days.
All the top guys collect the vast majority of the prize money anyway who are already well paid by the factory teams.
There are alternatives European Championship aka EMX and National Championships and on top of that...
it gets old to blame Youtstream for everything, now the stagnating Dirt Bike sales is their fault also?
skiz
9/30/2017 8:21am
Supercross is NASCAR on dirt bikes. It's a manipulated freak show for a low-end audience, and it singlehandedly has done more to damage the image of...
Supercross is NASCAR on dirt bikes. It's a manipulated freak show for a low-end audience, and it singlehandedly has done more to damage the image of motocross than any other development in the sport.

The Europeans invented motocross, and it's still the closest thing to the "F1 of motocross." Stadium racing is just an embarrassing travesty, same as oval-track racing.

Everybody has their opinion. I just find it odd that you compare going round and round in a circle to the highly technical skills displayed in Sx.

"I'm gonna drive and I'm gonna go fast and I'm gonna turn to the left!" "I can go left better than you, Danica!"

In Sx, there's a hairpin turn on every turn. It takes alot of talent to keep maximum speed up into a turn, wait until the last instant to break, grab the maximum amount of break that came be controlled, and then pivoting their bikes "on a dime" to take the inside of a hairpin. Or the racer can break later and push up 3 quarters of the way into the turn and pivot on the outside berm. Theres usually still one berm on an Sx track where you can rail the outside berm and keep max corner speed. But pivoting with a flick is more important in Sx. Maximizing corner speed is more important on open Mx tracks. The inside a most corners are a sweeping arc rather than a single point post. Slow corner will kill lap times. Both techniques sound like a ton more skill than going left and then straight and then left.

Theres occasionally doubles or triples that are back-to-back on an open mx track. Sx just has them at nearly EVERY longer straight and Sx has many back-to-back-to-back. What level of skill is required to combine landing and launching in one nearly seamless act. That sounds like a ton more skill than going left and then straight and then left.

Theres occasionally whoops that are close enough to skip across the tops on an open mx track. Sx just has them at multiple spots on the track. What level of precision is required to skip across each and every top of the whoops.? That sounds like a ton more skill than going left and then straight and then left.

Sx requires a very different skillset focus. It's not better or worse than open Mx tracks. They're just different and they both require a ton more skill than going left and then straight and then left.

If you don't like Sx, that's fine. Everybody has their own likes and dislikes. But I certainly don't agree that Sx, "singlehandedly has done more to damage the image of motocross than any other development in the sport." Sx is a highly skilled highly technical sport and it has opened up exposure to new fans and casual fans that had never been to an Mx race before.

What has "singlehandedly has done more to damage the image of motocross than any other development in the sport." is the long long season that exhausts the riders, increases injuries, and forces older riders to retire early. When you get an older racer such as Chad Reed. He makes the decision this year to race Sx only. Now he doesn't have a ride with a team. Is that best for the sport.?
skiz
9/30/2017 8:37am Edited Date/Time 9/30/2017 8:40am
steed 2.0 wrote:
Old Racer X rhetoric ;) ... If you haven't received the messages by now, they are on speaking terms these days. All the top guys collect...
Old Racer X rhetoric Wink ... If you haven't received the messages by now, they are on speaking terms these days.
All the top guys collect the vast majority of the prize money anyway who are already well paid by the factory teams.
There are alternatives European Championship aka EMX and National Championships and on top of that...
it gets old to blame Youtstream for everything, now the stagnating Dirt Bike sales is their fault also?
"There are alternatives European Championship aka EMX and National Championships..."
I agree completely. Can anybody tell me why it is so important to line 40 riders at the gate.? Since the skill disparity is vaste at the top level of Mx (MxGP), why keep guys in a series that they can never dream of making a single podium.?

What would you think if you went to a MotoGP race and there were 40 bikes on the starting straight.? In MotoGP, out of 22 starting each race, only 5 have won a race or more this year, and only another 5 have gotten on the podium. MxGP has had a total of 14 different riders on one or more podium(s).

"All the top guys collect the vast majority of the prize money"
And why is that bad.? Cut the gate to 20 and send everybody else back to their national series to work on improving their skills. If a racers national series doesn't have enough serious competition to create a challenge, then come to the USA.

Post a reply to: Time for the Mxgp factory teams to put their heads together?

The Latest